• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mirage Of Tales: The Ages Of Faith [ ALL PROLOGUES RELEASED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 21, 2015
Your back?! sweet dude i can't wait to try this out this game is different in many ways!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Thanks a lot for the support guys! It means a lot to me =) I wouldnt expect to see any kind of release soon, unfortunately I had to wipe my computer to get rid of viruses and so I lost alllllll my hacking stufff... Plus, i have lots of stuff going on in life atm so hacking is pretty low on my list of priorities for now, but you'll see something eventually =P. Im going to be working on only one story at a time until complete, so Beta 1 will be the complete story of the male character, Beta 2 will have the full female story, etc, but like I said that's in the far future lol. Thanks again!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Thanks a lot for the support guys! It means a lot to me =) I wouldnt expect to see any kind of release soon, unfortunately I had to wipe my computer to get rid of viruses and so I lost alllllll my hacking stufff... Plus, i have lots of stuff going on in life atm so hacking is pretty low on my list of priorities for now, but you'll see something eventually =P. Im going to be working on only one story at a time until complete, so Beta 1 will be the complete story of the male character, Beta 2 will have the full female story, etc, but like I said that's in the far future lol. Thanks again!

Hey, no worries. We all have something to do in our lives that doesn't revolve around hacking. You do what you gotta do, and it'll all be good.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2024
Glad another MOT is back looks good so far. I'd be interested in beta testing btw.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
Years
This game looks cool. And glad to see Mirage Of Tales is back. Loved the first game. Anyways, can't wait to see this game when it is released. :)

Shinygir

YAY! WE'RE DOOMED!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Sounds like a really unique story line can't wait to play it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
It turns out I had an older copy of MOT:AOF on my mediafire account, which means I don't need to start completely from scratch. To celebrate, I thought I'd share some of the sprite work that i have done for the game. =)

mtx1e.png
zlqmfd.png
2isyy2s.png
2vnrnh5.png
2eq74he.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I would love to be a beta tester for this game, cause I always wanted to have a title besides CHAMPION in pokemon. Does the renaming of the character work properly?

Years
Yes! I loved your first rom hack! I really wish it was continued but oh well :) Cant wait for this one though love the idea behind it keep it up !

It turns out I had an older copy of MOT:AOF on my mediafire account, which means I don't need to start completely from scratch. To celebrate, I thought I'd share some of the sprite work that i have done for the game. =)

mtx1e.png
zlqmfd.png
2isyy2s.png
2vnrnh5.png
2eq74he.png
I love the look!!

Sorry for the spam of 3 comments in a row xD but i would love to be a beta tester if possible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Sorry for not getting back to questions sooner!

I see you got it posted here eh? I've watched your other hack since. But now here's the new, well.. I'll call it new since you just posted it but not that blah. Honestly, I love the idea. Making a hack that base on your interest and making it possible just look at it go! Medieval time setting is pretty interesting as well. It's like back-to-school again. Aside Pokemon, have you gotten some of the names related to real life king and queens? I wanna know more. Well, good luck on this!
2yu0d8j.png

Can't wait to ride this lizard dragon and walk

Thanks a lot! I did try and come up with a few things for the character names, trying to look up the origins and meanings. Also names that sound authentic for the setting. Most of them are Arabic/Islamic/Hebrew in origin, I read on one site that Adonia was an Ancient Greek name meaning "She who fights dragons" as an example =P

I would love to be a beta tester for this game, cause I always wanted to have a title besides CHAMPION in pokemon. Does the renaming of the character work properly?

I don't really know exactly what you mean about the renaming of the character, but so far it sadly works like this because I don't know how to edit the intro... you basically go through the Oak intro, choose to be a boy or girl and put in your own name, but your name will by default be Evandor or Zhafira during game handled by ASM(thanks FBI Agent). I originally planned to skip the intro entirely, but then I heard doing it means players can't save and you wouldn't be able to choose gender either =(

^If anyone can offer me any advice on the above id be super grateful!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2015
Screenies look really good.

I was wondering if Azradon would be included or make an appearance. I think Azradon is my favorite fakemon like ever. Along with the evolutions.

Gray-_-Hatred

Choose how you live
Years
Not bad Avara! I'm glad you're back and at the hack game again! Keep it! Hopefull I'll be able to release somethin too :p

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Thank you! As far as plans go, this will be a fakemon-free game.

Okay, I've come to get some general opinions on something I don't know about, as usual =P. So, I have no personal religious beliefs, and neither do most of my family/friends sadly. The thing is, I'm looking for a word to use to describe the kind of "places of worship" each of the religions has for their (fictional) gods. Using "temple" for now but it doesnt sound "religious" enough if that makes sense. I was considering using the words "church" or "mosque" (preferably the latter).

What I want to know is, would that be... okay? According to dictionaries they are words for places of worship, but for some reason i feel unsure about using them in this kind of context. Since I come from a fairly athiest background I don't know if this would be deemed offensive or not, and the last thing I want to do is offend people. [plz educate me lol]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023

Okay, I've come to get some general opinions on something I don't know about, as usual =P. So, I have no personal religious beliefs, and neither do most of my family/friends sadly. The thing is, I'm looking for a word to use to describe the kind of "places of worship" each of the religions has for their (fictional) gods. Using "temple" for now but it doesnt sound "religious" enough if that makes sense. I was considering using the words "church" or "mosque" (preferably the latter).

What I want to know is, would that be... okay? According to dictionaries they are words for places of worship, but for some reason i feel unsure about using them in this kind of context. Since I come from a fairly athiest background I don't know if this would be deemed offensive or not, and the last thing I want to do is offend people. [plz educate me lol]
How about cathedral, synagogue, shrine, or call it a holy place. I think either a cathedral Evandor's religious belief system and a shrine for Zhafira's religious system. If you don't mind my two cents, cause I'm really excited about this hack. I would love to help shoot ideas to you if you need anymore help. Thanks for replying back to my earlier message. :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024

I don't think using church or mosque could possibly offend people, but if you want to be safe, "shrine" seems like a solid choice that definitely won't offend people. You probably can't go wrong with "chapel", and if it is a place of learning "monastery" could work as well. I'm sure whatever you go with will work out just fine :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
How about cathedral, synagogue, shrine, or call it a holy place. I think either a cathedral Evandor's religious belief system and a shrine for Zhafira's religious system. If you don't mind my two cents, cause I'm really excited about this hack. I would love to help shoot ideas to you if you need anymore help. Thanks for replying back to my earlier message. :D

Sure I don't mind your two cents, 'tis why I ask! =) Aww man, I would have loved "Cathedral of Izantaur" for Evandor's religion but it doesnt fit in A-Map header =( welp! I do like the shrine idea for Zha though, shrines can be big though, right? I wanted the Draconic temple to be quite obnoxious haha. Of course if you have any more ideas feel free to PM me, I'd love to hear them! If I used any I would of course credit you too.

I don't think using church or mosque could possibly offend people, but if you want to be safe, "shrine" seems like a solid choice that definitely won't offend people. You probably can't go wrong with "chapel", and if it is a place of learning "monastery" could work as well. I'm sure whatever you go with will work out just fine :)

Thanks for your input too! I definitely agree with shrine. =) Monastery is an interesting choice too, I guess all churches/mosques/synagogues etc are places of learning (about their respective religion) and that's what the player would be doing, so it works very well! =D

Years
  • Age 22
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 4, 2015
Honestly, I don't think anybody would be too offended. In reality, it is just a game.

I like the sound of synagogue or shrine. I must have something for the "s" sound.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 30, 2018
Whoehoeee good to see youre back :). To bad you couldn't finish you first game it was awesome but i can't wait for this one.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2016
Oh boy! I was just skimming the progressing hacks thread for the first time in a while hoping to find something new to try out, and I find a new hack started by you. I really enjoyed the first hack and am super excited for this one, and if anything, I'd say this game's theme has me even more excited for this than I was for New Age Dawns, Pokemon and Medieval Times just sounds so interesting. It almost reminds me of the Arceus Movie.

You've probably already had the entire story planned out, but you saying to suggest war-themed things to put in the game, so I'll just put in my two cents as well if that's fine. Well, okay maybe my suggestion isn't entirely war based, but I've always found Witchcraft to go hand in hand, and I guess in terms of Pokemon the closest thing to Witchcraft would be Psychic Pokemon, or modern day "Psychic Trainers", the ones that always seem to be levitating their pokeballs. I know you also said their isn't really an "evil" team per say, but maybe some sort of underground psychic cult of sorts? That's assuming that you haven't already had some sort of importance in mind for Psychic Pokemon, or some other side group of crazed folk, but again just my two cents! I'll be sure to look for progress on this hack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back