• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More on 4kids and Pokemon USA

Years
Crystal Clair said:
Easy
the letter said they're too cheap to pay for the old cast. This is Pokemon USA and therefor it gives America a worse image IMO

I think that your argument is ridiculous.

You're not going to find a country in the world that puts a voice cast in front of their profits. It has nothing to do with nationality.

Katsu-Bang

Nankurunasai~
Years
Oh no! Not new voice cast! I liked Veronica Taylor! It's not fair!! What will become of Drew's voice as well?!?! Say it's not true! :(

Ok, that's over with, hopefully, it's just some cruel prank, I really don't want a new voice cast as you can see

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
I think that your argument is ridiculous.

You're not going to find a country in the world that puts a voice cast in front of their profits. It has nothing to do with nationality.
You dont get it but I'm too confused with what I meant to explain @_@
Well, I dont believe this letter, because the way it was written in all capital letters.
If they did change, who would do Harley?! He was done perfectly!

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2006
Does it really matter how the voices are
The main fact is that the story will continue on for more time

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
Years
Yes, of course it matters!!

I mean, most hardcore Pokemon fans (such as myself) have been watching the show ever since it first started airing and all the characters have had the same exact voices for all this time.

So I see no reason why they should just go and change ALL the characters' voices!! That would just be crazy!!

Paul said:
Ash should get a more masculine voice~

He's like 16 at least now.
Yes, he's at least that old (I agree with you there).

But, Paul, Ash DOES NOT need a more masculine voice.

In fact, his voice is soooooo perfect the way it is right now. I love it. <3

And besides, if you don't like his voice, at the very least, it sounds male right?

That's all that counts. ^^

pikachu007

Prime Pikachu
Years
I'm not sure if I am going to like new voices. I really like ash & may's voices
but a new voice for james would be nice meowth too because I liked the first voice meowth had in the first half of season one.Well we will all see on april 29th if the change is good or bad.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2008
What They Recasting Everyone? After All These 8 Years They Are Recasting Everyone? Cant They Just Pick The Same People? Are They That Cheap? They Had Better Pick Someone Good Or They Just Ruined The Show.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Serebii said:
Sorry but I smell a rat with this
Check the email on his website, it's the same email that this came from. It's real. Unless Nintendo changes their mind, we're getting new VAs.

Rukario

Banned
Years
Eric Stuart via email said:
Pokemon USA has decided that it's too expensive to use 4Kids and the
actors that have made Pokemon the TV show such a success for the last
10 years. They have 'behind our backs' re-cast the show with
'sound-a-likes' to try to save money. They acutally believe the fans
don't care. They are starting with the 10 year anniversary
special-starring all new voices. The main cast, me included, has taken
a lot of pride in the characters we have helped to create. To change
now, on the last season, based on greed is a sad example of what big
buisness kids marketing really is.

Please spread the word-maybe some fan buzz can stop this tragedy.

Eric 'Brock & James" Stuart
and his reply to my email asking him to provide more details and confirmation..

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
Years
That's just...GAH! It annoys me that Pokémon USA seems to be just going for the money and don't care at all about us, the people who love the show, the characters and the voices we've heard since the show began!
I really think we should all make a giant uproar about it, enough for Pokémon USA to take notice. If enough people do it then they may change their minds, after all, they get no precious money from an unhappy fanbase~ >D

I really feel sorry for the original VAs, from what I've heard from Veronica Taylor's feedback and from this now, it seems they really want to keep dubbing the show, I guess after you've done it for so long it becomes a part of you.

I assume it's okay to spread this e-mail around since it seems that it's what Eric Stuart wants.

Years
It could be simple economics, it is stipulated in many contracts that actors get raises after each year. After 10 seasons, 7th Heaven is being cancelled because the main actors who have been with the show since day one are being paid more than the network can afford. The same is probably true with Pokemon.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
Aww, that's too bad! Well, assuming the email is real and true, then I'm kinda touched that Eric Stuart and the others feel that way. I didn't know they cared so much. ^-^

I think it's a pretty cheap move. I mean, it makes me think of TV shows that re-cast actors and then their show goes... down the tubes so to speak. I know that cartoons/anime are different because they'll at least still look the same, but they sure as heck won't sound the same.

I think for at least main characters, they should keep the old voice actors. I don't really care about the other people that we rarely see. I'm wondering how they'll do pokemon voices though... I mean, they're from 4Kids' voice actors too. Squirtle and Bulbasaur and Corphish and Meowth and all the rest will never sound the same again. That's really sad.

*is sad*

PokemonTrainerLisa

Ash fangirl
Years
Noooooo!!

I can't believe this is happening!!!! O_O

So it seems that first email you received was indeed legit.

Thanks for posting that, PPN.

It's interesting that Eric replied back to you, but that reply is in no way good news......

And by the way, you know that letter I typed up the other day? Who should I send it to, Pokemon USA or Taj Productions? *is confused* O_O

Okay, that does it!

It's the last straw!

We have to do something!!!!

Come on, fans of the dubbed version of the Pokemon anime!

We have to stand together!

Everyone who wants the voice cast to stay the same, please make a post saying 'Keep The VAs', and we'll try to figure something out from there......

I'll start (let's see how many people on here want them to keep the VAs).

Please keep the VAs.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
That is sad. I mean it doesn't really matter to the story but it sad that people are using their jobs becasue of the recasting.

I mean they are going to sound like the orginal people so that be ok but it kind of sad. I will countinued to enjoy and watch the episode like a good fan. I will not cause un distubance that can end badly in the end. Maybe this is for the better? I may not notice the change if they get VAs that sound the same.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2008
Not if we can help it. And this isnt the confirmed last season. This could go on for another 3-4 years here. WHY CHANGE? MAybe the VA can nagotiate a cheaper price. They lied. They dont care baout our money? THats ludacris. LUDACRIS. 4kids after all the junk they produce with cruddy VA finally do get it right with Pokemon andthan Nintendo has to go and recast everyone. Ok recasting some pokemon I can live with. Just keep Ash, Misty, May, Brock, Meowth, Jesse, James, Oak, Tracy, Gary, and Ash's mom. And make pikachu the same too. I mean half of them arnt ever on. Why change? You can get sound-alikes but its never the same. DARN YOU. Why change the VA that made the show the success it is? They will lose what little support they have left.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
PPNSteve said:
and his reply to my email asking him to provide more details and confirmation..
Any chance to can wing me all the background information given in the e-mail properties as its incredibly easy to fake stuff like this and does seem a bit dodgy.

Just last month Veronica Taylor said the current VAs were doing the Special and then we get this...I do smell a rat

Back