• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[M] Pokemon: Revolution [OOC]

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Firstly, get a Pokemon. Then, if you stole it, run. That's pretty much the only constraints. Due to the lack of characters, in will also be submitting an SU. You have been warned...

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Here's that promised SU! Congrats to Khawill for being the first to post in the IC!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>​
Name: Li Henry

Appearance: Li is reasonably tall, at 6'5". He is a middle aged Asian male. Kai has mid length black hair, which is always combed back. He is most often wearing a suit, and wears a pair of dark sunglasses. In most occasions, he is carrying a briefcase, which has vital work information. He has strong features, and a wise gleam in his purple eyes. Many would describe him as kind-looking. His suit hides a lean form, used to much more exertion than it looks like it can handle.

Personality: Li, past his kind appearance, is cold hearted and calculating. He hates large crowds, as they tend to get in his way. He looks down on anyone who would enjoy Pokemon as a friend, thinking of them as only tools. He is quite rich, and lives aristocraticaly. Seeing the Council as a threat, he has gone into overdrive. He is beginning to show signs of overwork and high stress levels. Due to his lifestyle, Li sees himself as higher than the middle class. This has led to an aristocratic arrogance. He scoffs at any that would challenge him, as he is high up in the Plasma chain of command. Li looks for every opportunity to make himself look higher, which sometimes leads him to defeat.

History: As a young boy, growing up in Castelia city, Li saw much Plasma activity. His parents, being divorced at his birth, didn't play that important of a role in life, so when he heard Ghetsis in one of his speeches, the Plasma leader became an instant role model. Li grew up in a secluded lifestyle, making few friends. When Li watched as Ghetsis' son freed Pokemon, he was touched to the heart. He finished College with flying colors, unaffected by the loss of Pokemon, as he never had one. He enlisted into team plasma, instantly getting promoted to Elite due to his amazing knowledge. Li toiled over the years, finally being promoted again. He was now in charge of getting the 'Force' a greater number of followers. One of his first missions was to the Orange Islands, a region still free from the Plasma Regime. He then tried to convince then local Champion to join team Plasma. When the champion declined, Li felt angered. Returning back to Unova, he continued his work, soon becoming one of King N's main advisors, and the head of the recruitment division. There he leads to this day, aided by a Musharna, which he simply uses as a tool.

Sample Post: Pokemon Fallout; Aria looked outside and saw the rolling hills. It was a beautiful location, not too far from Solaceon to have to be self dependant, but not close enough to really get hit hard by the state of the town. Scratching one of her ears, Aria walked outside. She walked through the field that was built many years before she was born to hold Ponyta and Miltank, or so her father had said. She hadn't known what those were, until she got Eve, who was familiar with both species. She opened a gate at the far side of the slightly overgrown pasture and walked into the countryside, leaving evΠerything but her small bag full of the berries she had begun to really enjoy and a handbasket.

Aria found a nice flat area and spread a blanket that she had stored in the handbasket and layed down on it. It was one of the cooler days of the summer, with next to no clouds in the sky. A truly beautiful day... Aria's ears perked up as she heard someone approaching. They were still a few hills away, but whoever they were, they would most likely freak at the sight of a Pokespirit wielder. Topping the rise next to her's, she herd the person stop.

"There you are! You weren't at the farm when I got there, so I got worried!"

The human that she knew as Red walked closer to her location. Red was a self-appointed nickname, most likely due to his previous obsession with the Indigo League, an old organization that funded the used to be Champion matches at the championship building with the same name. Red had practically been her father for the past few years. Looking up, she saw that his old frame was standing next to her.

"Would you like to sit down, Red?" Aria asked the old man

"Belive me when I say that if I do, I will never get back up." was Red's witty retort.

"You of all people know that I am plenty strong enough to pick you up."

"I'll stand, thank you very much."

"Well then, don't leave me out in the cold!" was her attempted pun, as she stood up. Red laughed his hearty, deep laugh, mostly out of curtosy, and Aria couldn't help but smile. She was a head taller than her aged friend, but to her, he was always the more imposing of the two.

"Glad of you to join me... Shall we walk back?" Red asked her in his polite tone of voice.

"Most definatly. I am starting to get a tad bit sleepy..." Aria said, yawning her way through the last three words. They started walking back over the hills, talking about everything they could think of. When they got back, Red promptly bade her farewell, and left to his house, which was in town.

Aria had barely gotten into her room when her stomach growled. Taking out a plump Oran berry, she chewed the sweet, revitalizing fruit. She got to the bed, and soon fell asleep.

On the other side of town, things weren't going anywhere near as smoothly. Seeing the mostly elegantly dressed gentleman, a gang had decided to mug him. Thankfully for her, Aria wasn't awake to hear the gunshot.

Password: Unovan Path with All Pokemon

Allegiance: Plasma
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>​

Last edited:

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
Years
I have officially posted in the IC with a little bit of a dark turn for my character, hope you don't mind.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Well KK, it most definitely screams Plasma to me. Great post.

GOOD NEWS! I fixed my SU, changing the name to minimize confusion, and removed KK from his history. Live Long and Prosper.

Last edited:

KingKaos

Years
So what's the next idea now that we both have acquired Pokemon? Moving to joining our respective groups or something else?

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Truthfully, it would be wise to find where you should go. While it doesn't exactly matter at this point, but try to focus on character development. I'll attempt at getting a few more members. KK, you should arrive in Castelia, seeing as that's the only major port in Unova. Once there, Li is the one you should talk to. Khawill, the council is based in the Abundant Shrine, which is east of Nimbasa.

While this is a general guideline, there isn't much you can't do. I'm pretty freeform when it comes to your actions.

KingKaos

Years
Should Kai just follow Li to a specific area? Are we going to do a tag liberation? Or will we be talking about what is necessary to join? Will I watch him perform his own liberation? What's the plan? So I know what to post following your post because it didn't give me much to work with, true story.

KingKaos

Years
I'm going to have Kai with split personalities or make a mode for him called "liberation" mode from this point on. I want him to have his original personality along. However that doesn't really suit the ways of Team Plasma, so he will just transform into this mode when he is doing the work of Team Plasma. I think it will add a nice little twist to things RP wise.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
Okay, just note that Pokemon aren't common property anymore. The entire point of the Plasma Regime is to control, with Pokemon being the deciding factor. Only Plasma members have Pokemon, and these are still reasonably weak, unless you get higher up.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Name: Seth Arosi

Appearance: Seth has short, black hair, but always wears his father's baseball cap, so it's rarely seen anyway. He's about 5' 10", and he has brown eyes and a regular sized nose. His mouth is a bit wide, and his face takes on a slightly circular shape. He's also fairly skinny because of his abnormally fast metabolism. He also carries around a large backpack. He is 15 years old.

Personality: He's a bit of a glutton- he loves to eat, and others are occasionally embarrassed by how much he eats. He is very sarcastic, but he can be kind if he wants to- which doesn't happen very often unless he knows you very well or respects you, which in the past has gotten him in trouble with authority. He is also a liar, and that sometimes gets the better of him. He usually respects people who show that they are determined to do the most they can to accomplish goals, but most other people get the cold shoulder for a while. He doesn't like slackers, either- but sometimes, he pushes other people and his Pokemon a bit too hard. In other words, he can be cold, but he has a kind side and has respect for those who are determined.

History: Seth grew up in Lacunosa Town, known for his ability to eat a lot in little time. He was a happy kid, but his mother died in childbirth, leaving his father depressed for a few years. This influenced his current personality. HIs father tried to be the best he could after those few years. His father was a good friend of Elesa's, and after traveling to the Desert Resort with her, came back with a Scraggy for his son. Scraggy has since been Seth's right hand man. He trained Scraggy to be a great fighter, but he didn't use Scraggy to fight- yet. Until the day that the Plasma Regime began. They didn't thoroughly check if Lacunosa Town had surrendered, however, so his Scraggy was saved- for a bit. His father became part of Plasma right away out of fear, but since his son decided to keep Scraggy and not join, he told his son to run away before he was forced to take away his Pokemon. During his flight, he had to use Scraggy to fight a few Plasma grunts, but the Scraggy remained nearly unchanged in battle experience. Running through thick forests but not going through specific routes, he ran towards the Pokemon League, knowing that there was a collection of cliffs there. He stayed hiding in caves on Victory Road training Scraggy, and then, hearing of the Council, decided to see if he could join.

Sample Post: Seth looked at the disastrous skies, which was supposedly a miracle to many of the people who lived in Lacunosa Town. Surely this Pokemon could do something to the scary one in the Giant Chasm nearby! Then, they would get peaceful sleep at night! And this was the original dragon- the one that was the same one from the myths- then they should definitely do what the rider said, for the best! But Seth didn't think it was a miracle. Not at all, especially with the rider yelling what he feared the most. With the rider saying the disastrous words that would corrupt the world between him and Scraggy.

"People of Lacunosa Town! Free your Pokemon! Release your Pokemon into the wild, where they truly belong!" cried the young, green haired rider who looked as if he were one with the Pokemon in the town. As Seth stared at the skies above, his Scraggy walked to Seth's leg and held it tightly. Seth looked down. He couldn't really blame the little guy. Seth was scared, too.

Of course, Seth knew that his dad would cower. Although Seth's father loved Pokemon, and thought that Pokemon and humans were meant to be together, he always told Seth about the original dragon. "And he was amazingly powerful, more powerful than Alder's Escavalier! But then it was split into two different..." Dad would say. Seeing it in person would test in beliefs. But Dad was also a bit of a coward, and he wasn't the best role model out there.

"Join Team Plasma! Free the Pokemon!"

Seth looked back. In the house, behind the open door, Dad's facial expression gave a thoughtful look. Don't do it, Dad, thought Seth, hoping his Dad would somehow notice the telepathic message he tried to send.

A chorus of people quickly began to release their pokemon, with chants of "Plasma! Plasma! Plasma!" resonating around the town's streets.

Seth gave his Dad a pleading look. But Dad stuck with the crowd. "Plasma!" he shouted, seeming unsure of his decision.

----------------

Later that day, Seth and his father sat down.

"I know you want to keep your Pokemon, but please, release it."
"No." Seth was defiant in his answer.
"I don't want you to... be hurt by this Plasma regime. Please, release it, and let us be happy."
"No, dad, I won't! I trained him with my own hands!"
"What are you going to do, then?"
"I'm going to leave. Don't try and follow me, I'll lose you deep in the woods. I'm not telling you where I'm going. You're part of Plasma now. I'm not going to let you catch me." Seth stood up.
As he walked and turned the handle, he said, "I know you are my father, but from this day on, me and you are enemies, enemies till' all this stuff ends.

Seth barged out with a large backpack full of supplies, money he stole from his father before the conversation, and all the non-perishable food he could find.

And something illegal. A PokeBall.

Password: Unovan Path all with Pokemon

Allegiance: Council

Last edited:

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
I like it. You're Accepted. Feel free to do whatever for now. Khawill, the other Council RPer, is currently near Undella, heading towards the Abundant Shrine. Both KingKaos and me are Plasma, and we are in Castelia.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Alright. My first post on the IC thread is up. Oh, and I was fixing something on the sign up form really quick.

I know that evolution for anyone won't happen anytime soon, however I was wondering about level mechanics, what level will our Pokemon be at first, how experience will be added in, etc. Just a question since I was looking at Scraggy's level up moves and all that, and I noticed it learns a new move every 4 levels, and I was wondering how that would factor in to the RP.

Last edited:
Back