• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
Years
  • Welll I hope everyone is enjoying D/P today. Unfortunately i'm not. I didn't feel the need to buy the game on the first day. Maybe i'll get it over the summer if my brother doesn't get one of them first. (Then i'll just share.)

Years
  • Ooh-kay. There's no way I'm SRing for shiny Turtwig. It just takes too freaking long. Good luck with the Chimchar, Fufu; you'll need it. The first Turtwig I took was Adamant, so I'm going with that one.

Diamond is sooh awesome! I'm gonna get back to it. Good luck with the D/P shinies, people! ^o^

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Crap this sucks! I bought my pkmn Pearl today thining oki ill transfer my pkmn from Emerald to it but Im grounded :(.

So I cant play Pearl, neither Emerald for a week. That also means no shiny hunting for me:(:(:(:(:(.

Btw congrats on finding ur Shiny Torchic XxX Riho!

mrplanters

Years
  • Oh yeah I forgot about that, congratulations riho. Anyways I didn't play pokemon that much today I did a little SR'ing for lapras but no luck. Anyways have fun with D/P and don't find and shinies before me! lol

Years
  • Yeah, gratz Riho! I kinda blazed through the last few posts and didn't pay much attention. Many people here would kill for a shiny Torchic.

In D/P, Oreburgh City, in the house to the left of the gym, there's a guy who talks about shiny Pokémon! He just calls them "differently coloured" and mentions shiny Pikachu as his example. (It's not a very good one, but still!)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Congratulations Riho!! You're only one short of me now.. xD
    And you've seen that movie too? I hardly watch movies... one of the few I've seen. <_<

And I got Pearl version today too, already at Eterna Gym... didn't SR for anything.. I wanna head through the game. 2nd Gym is gunna be hard for me though.. with a Grotle, Geodude, Luxio and Majikarp.. grass is gunna be hard. ><

wel gl to y'all!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Congrats, Riho, on your new shiny.

Well, I got D/P much earlier than I thought I would. The EBGames that I reserved Diamond at opened at 8 AM, and I was there at 8:30. As soon as I got the game, I began soft resetting for Chimchar. I already knew that I would be waiting for more quite a bit just to do one soft reset for Chimchar, so I mentally prepared myself all of yesterday, and on the way to EBGames. I only got an hour in of soft resetting before I had my basketball tournament (which was three games), and I didn't get any time in between to play Diamond. The games ended at 4:50 PM (I was gone for like 8 hours, just realized that), and I began SRing ASAP. Then, at about 8:10, I put my games up to finish some homework. I finally finished at 11:37 PM (I had lots of distractions). I'll be SRing for Chimchar more. I honestly don't mind the wait too much, actually.

Well, wish me luck. Lucky that you got an Adamant Turtwig, MM, my brother settled for a Bold one because he didn't know where to Save his game. He's not really that far (I think he just beat the first gym ), but it's obvious he doesn't want to reset his game to get a better nature.

Edit: I'll be getting a new ID every Sunday. I hope to get Chimchar quite soon, so that I can begin hunting for stuff that takes less time (Drifloon, anyone?).

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
  • Well as for me, I can't get Pearl until my exams are finished, which is on May 16th! :( As for my hunts I have taken a break from Emerald and have just spent the last couple of days hunting my Sapphire target. No luck though.

Side notes: Congrats to Riho on the Torchic, and good luck to everyone on their hunts. I'll see you all on Wi-fi next month. *Demonic voice* "Prepare to DIE!"

Years
    • Age 34
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    I doubt its intentional double posting, PC probably screwed up as usual and they pressed the post button multiple times resulting in two posts. No big deal.

Anywho, as there is a 1/100 chance of seeing a Chimecho on average, I'll be keeping count so i can see my progress :P

I plan to video my battle/capture if i have my phone with my when I encounter the shiny, so thats something to look forward too I suppose :P if I don't have it with my, you'll have to settle for a pic.

9 Chimecho's
    EDIT: 13 Chimecho's

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Ok, booty meat. I come back home, and I find that one of my younger friends (he's 11) is playing a Pearl version on MY Black DS Lite...it's strictly off-limits, but I guess he didn't know that. I don't want him playing on my game because he could damage my touch screen or lose a stylus...and I don't really want to tell him to stop playing because, well, I'm a pushover.

Guess I'll just do my homework while I wait for my coach to pick me up for basketball practice.

Years
  • I doubt its intentional double posting, PC probably screwed up as usual and they pressed the post button multiple times resulting in two posts. No big deal.

Anywho, as there is a 1/100 chance of seeing a Chimecho on average, I'll be keeping count so i can see my progress :P

I plan to video my battle/capture if i have my phone with my when I encounter the shiny, so thats something to look forward too I suppose :P if I don't have it with my, you'll have to settle for a pic.

9 Chimecho's
    EDIT: 13 Chimecho's

I really know that it isn't such a big deal..i just mentioned it...no hard feelings

mrplanters

Years
  • Well I can't hunt for lapras/eevee for a while because my brother wanted to restart my FR version. (It was a deal I could start a file in his final fantasy III game if he restarted FR.) Anyways so I guess i'll just be randomly going in grass to raise pokemon, and hopefully i'll see a shiny.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Well, I'm a bit jealous right now. Down at Smogon, someone's friend got a shiny Chimchar on his first try! I wish I were that lucky.

Still hunting for Chimchar. I'm even hunting for it while I do h/w (all though I'm going it very slowly).

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
  • LMAO so after trading and battling with MM ( told you ur grotle would win ;) ) I got on gts and someone had traded me a shiny turtwig !!!

I can't help but believe its hacks but im crossing my fingers and hoping not . is there any way to tell ??

well i decided to get rid of it lmao i really think its hacked and i dont want hacked pokemon

Last edited:

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    well i decided to get rid of it lmao i really think its hacked and i dont want hacked pokemon

Yay :) I'm glad that people aren't accepting hacked pokemon as real pokemon, there nasty fakes.

anyway, my import copy will arrive tommorow so I will be palying through that and I got an American LG a week ago so I have been busy on that, and I also got pokemon ranger which I have allmost completed (Got payed for doing work experiance so I had some spare cash :P) I have been doing some hunting for that smeargle on my Emerald but unfortunatley he doesnt want to be found :(

Back