• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favorite ROM hacking tools?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen May 1, 2021
Let's talk about nice ROM hacking tools! Tell everyone here why you like these tools.

For example, I really like PGE, as it's a nice all in one game editor.

What do you prefer?

masterquestmq

Enthusiastic Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
God bless Advance Map. Does so much and an integral friend to any hack

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Even though I'm not using it anymore I'll always have fond memories of XSE. Learning how to script was the thing that gave me the confidence that I could make my own ROM hack instead of being just a mapper or spriter.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
So far I've greatly enjoyed Advance Map, PKSV, XSE, and PGE (though i get LOTS of issues with it, but it gets the job down best, imo)

Though i've noticed i cant use A-Map with PGE.

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
XSE for sure. There's nothing like writing 1000 lines of code and watching your creation come to life in-game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 20, 2019
Hey everyone im new here and im working with Pokemon essentials and I have something that makes me wonder, is there a fast way to insert the gen.3 attack animations?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 13, 2023
Though i've noticed i cant use A-Map with PGE.

That's probably because A-Map generates .ini files with the same name as the rom, which PGE tries to read. (PGE needs an ini file if you have expanded pokemon, moves, etc.) If you delete the ones A-Map generates you should be fine, since they don't do anything AFAIK.

Arihant Aswal

Don't Mess with ME because You don't know who am I
Years
God bless Advance Map. Does so much and an integral friend to any hack

Hey buddy, I have made my own Pokemon Emerald hack from Advance Map and I have saved it.
But when I tried to open it it stops but background music is running please help me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
My favorite are the gen 3 tools, so well developed and easy to make a totally new Pokemon game. You can even make a Fakemon game possible through gen 3 hacking tools.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Advance Map 1.92 & 1.95 for maps more
Advanced Series for making positioning spites so easy (a one click all button would be nice)
Advanced Offset for finding offsets of couse.
Gen 3 Tools (G3T) for doing almost everything I want for editing Pokemon, Trainers, Moves, and more all safely and smoothly.
Pokemon Game Editor (PGE) for doing even more of what G3T does plus extra like editing Pokedex entries and more (even if it errors out a lot)
TL's Quick Enhancer for getting nice stuff right away

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
I dont think there's any single "favorite" tool because each tool is important in its own way.
But hey i love G3T

Back