• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

all 5 regions in 1 game?

zypher634

zypher634
Years
do you guys think they will ever make a game where you teavel through every region start to finish, with that follows the game instead of just a storyline that follows that region? I personally would love to see this happen as it would be a very immersive experience with the ability to choose a new starter at the beginning of each region being able to build your team as you go through the regions. idk. let me know what you guys think

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
We should have an entire section for this kinda thread..

Unfortunatly someone makes a thread like this pretty much every other week. The general consensus is usually that it wouldn't work based on leveling, as well as the amount of data space it would require

Years
Even though it may seem like a good idea, there are various reasons as to why one big game with all the regions won't work.

The level for Pokemon caps at 100, so that means that once you finish one region, you will basically just plough through all the Trainers, and that removes the challenge that Pokemon games are supposed to give you.

Then there's also space issues, this would be way too big for a handheld game and would have to be on a console like the Wii or Wii U. Not to mention that main series games on the handhelds are the main driving force for money when it comes to Pokemon, having one big game with all regions would only be worthy if Pokemon was ending for good but given that Pokemon is the second-biggest selling video game franchise (second only to the Mario franchise) it's highly unlikely Pokemon would be finished any time soon.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
But what about region for gen 6?

See that's one problem with a game like that. They would have to update the game everytime a new region is made and there's currently not a handheld system with enough space to hold a game like that and may be not even a console system like the Wii or Wii U could fit a game like that. And consider that's core game will likely remain on Nintendo's handheld system , it's not possible a game like that would be made on a console system. Having to update the game for every region alone would be something that would be a hassle for Gamefreak to do and I don't see them wanting to waste time doing that. And then again there's the space issue. And I imagine that by the time you get through all the regions all or most of your Pokemon would be at level 100 by then and it would seem unfair. If they would every make a game with all the regions in it, then it would be at the point where Pokemon games are no longer making a ton of sales and demand for new games has slowed down a ton. Then I could see them releasing a final game where you explore all the regions. Though considering that Pokemon is still making tons of money and is relatively still very popular, I don't see them stop making Pokemon games anytime soon.

Last edited:

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Here, have a look at this...

"NO. Let me try to put this in a way you can understand...

You know how Ash never uses any of his old Pokes in the anime? What fun would it be to battle Gym Leaders when they have a Level 13 Nosepass and you have a Level 65 Blastoise? There's no fun in that, it would just make traversing the region a chore. You'd probably say, "Oh, just level up the Leaders like Gold and Silver did." That's another problem.

Let's say you start in Kanto and beat the E4 + Champion, then move on to Johto. Your team upon entering Johto would roughly be around the 50-60's, then you'd have to travel to each Gym, beat the Leader who has Pokes around Level 50-60, then go on to the next one. Now that may seem fun in theory, but imagine doing it 32 times, once for every Gym Leader after beating Kanto. Throw in Elite 4 and Champion for every Region and you do not have a game anymore. You have the longest, most boring gauntlet ever conceived. You may say, "oh, I wouldn't think it was boring, I'd love that!" but you're forgetting something.

Pokemon, for lack of a better way to put it, is for children. Now I'm not saying you can't love it when you're an adult or anything like that, but remember, the target audience is children. How many 10 year olds do you know that have the attention span to complete a game that would last around 40 hours or more? Those kids would lose interest faster than an Extremespeed attack, which would in turn, end up for bad rep for the series in its entirety. Games would be left unfinished for lack of people willing to put the man hours into the games massive story.

At most, a Pokemon game can feature two separate Regions. Any more than that, and you're pushing the audience's attention span to the breaking limit. That's why each game works best as a single Region to explore, travel across, and become Champion of."

Last edited:

zypher634

zypher634
Years
let me shed more light on the subject. when I said every region I meant when you beat a specific region you go to the next one and start from scratch with a new starter like ash does in the anime. not only would that be a challenge for hardcore pokemon fans but it would leave many people the chance to get to experience their favorite region.

As for the whole space issue. look at games today. they are making a full 3D pokemon game coming out in October 2013. Whats to say that the game wont take a huge amount of data. non the less its on the 3DS. so if you dumb down the graphics to say DPP style it could definitely be done.

And then there is the topic of level cap. The whole idea of having a level cap is awesome but with this game im talking restarting each generation. maybe switch up the starters and pokemon you can find in each region. maybe in kanto you could have the choice of treeko , piplup, and tepig, that way it gives you more of a chance to pick which starter you actually like most. cuz I know personally in hoenn im always torn about picking torchick or mudkip and in kanto its a tie between all 3. that's what im talking about. if I had the time I would definitely make a hack of this and try it out for myself to see if it works.

I just think it would be a cool idea to one day have the ability to make that journey that would be so immersive it makes you want to come back for more.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Oh... another one =D
Mods really should either delete these threads or put all of them together into one and not allow another to be created.

@zypher: Your idea already was presented and I'll ask you the same question as I asked the previous creator of this idea.
What will be different in your idea from playing 5 main games after another?

zypher634

zypher634
Years
Oh... another one =D
Mods really should either delete these threads or put all of them together into one and not allow another to be created.

@zypher: Your idea already was presented and I'll ask you the same question as I asked the previous creator of this idea.
What will be different in your idea from playing 5 main games after another?
the thing that I would have DIFFERENT from all the other ideas is that mine wouldn't have 5 different storylines. mine would be 1 storyline forcing you to follow it as you go through a region. and the second thing is that you wont collect 8 badges from the same region. the storyline would make you jump from region to region making it so your always moving around making a completely diverse team spanning all 5 generartions.

For example. you start in pallet town and you go through pewter city and cerulean city. then the storyline calls for you to suddenly move to mauville city in hoenn, following the storyline there. making you then go to lavaridge and the mountain region. following that say the storyline calls for you to suddenly have to fly to jhoto and the lake of rage.

The gyms that you don't defeat aren't necessary. they are a sidequest at the end to fight the ultimate team. and everytime you beat a side quest gym the other leaders get stronger so as to make it more of a challenge instead of a level cap. for instance if the final boss was all lv 100s after you pick up all the badges. I doubt you would have a full team of 100s if you were constantly getting new pokemon and training them.

I just think that it would be an awesome idea to have a storyline that is able to pull all of the regions together and make for one great game

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2015
As long as Pokemon is more addicting that crack... there won't be a massive game like that. GF doesn't want to satisfy us, they want to take our money. However, I agree 100% that it is a great idea for a game. It would need to be on a console like Wii so that it could fit all the data. But game makers aren't dumb, they can figure out stipulations to make 5 regions possible in one game. As for story line... there are so many brilliant writers out there. It is very possible to make a viable game. Just scroll through any fanfictions and you could spot amazing stories that would be fun to play as a game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
the thing that I would have DIFFERENT from all the other ideas is that mine wouldn't have 5 different storylines. mine would be 1 storyline forcing you to follow it as you go through a region. and the second thing is that you wont collect 8 badges from the same region. the storyline would make you jump from region to region making it so your always moving around making a completely diverse team spanning all 5 generartions.

For example. you start in pallet town and you go through pewter city and cerulean city. then the storyline calls for you to suddenly move to mauville city in hoenn, following the storyline there. making you then go to lavaridge and the mountain region. following that say the storyline calls for you to suddenly have to fly to jhoto and the lake of rage.

The gyms that you don't defeat aren't necessary. they are a sidequest at the end to fight the ultimate team. and everytime you beat a side quest gym the other leaders get stronger so as to make it more of a challenge instead of a level cap. for instance if the final boss was all lv 100s after you pick up all the badges. I doubt you would have a full team of 100s if you were constantly getting new pokemon and training them.

I just think that it would be an awesome idea to have a storyline that is able to pull all of the regions together and make for one great game
So in other words it would be storyline with 40 badges and non consistant storyline that would require you to fly to many places without clear goal...
It would be like jumping from one story branch to another... this doesn't work in Pokemon...
Sorry, I don't like the idea.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Here, have a look at this...

"NO. Let me try to put this in a way you can understand...

You know how Ash never uses any of his old Pokes in the anime? What fun would it be to battle Gym Leaders when they have a Level 13 Nosepass and you have a Level 65 Blastoise? There's no fun in that, it would just make traversing the region a chore. You'd probably say, "Oh, just level up the Leaders like Gold and Silver did." That's another problem.

Let's say you start in Kanto and beat the E4 + Champion, then move on to Johto. Your team upon entering Johto would roughly be around the 50-60's, then you'd have to travel to each Gym, beat the Leader who has Pokes around Level 50-60, then go on to the next one. Now that may seem fun in theory, but imagine doing it 32 times, once for every Gym Leader after beating Kanto. Throw in Elite 4 and Champion for every Region and you do not have a game anymore. You have the longest, most boring gauntlet ever conceived. You may say, "oh, I wouldn't think it was boring, I'd love that!" but you're forgetting something.

Pokemon, for lack of a better way to put it, is for children. Now I'm not saying you can't love it when you're an adult or anything like that, but remember, the target audience is children. How many 10 year olds do you know that have the attention span to complete a game that would last around 40 hours or more? Those kids would lose interest faster than an Extremespeed attack, which would in turn, end up for bad rep for the series in its entirety. Games would be left unfinished for lack of people willing to put the man hours into the games massive story.

At most, a Pokemon game can feature two separate Regions. Any more than that, and you're pushing the audience's attention span to the breaking limit. That's why each game works best as a single Region to explore, travel across, and become Champion of."

This

Seriously, it would be overkill. Even if you started over completely fresh for every region. It's Just TOO Much. I understand what you're trying to get at here. It's a pretty cool idea in your mind, but it just wouldn't work...

ganesha

The Graphical Master
Years
This is the idea which I always get. If Pokemon Inc. comes into computer for making games this would be possible for sure, if they continue with the consoles it won't be good for it.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Of course, everyone avoids the elephant in the living-room in that Unova is in a different country than the other four regions. Plus the regions from the spin-offs would require so many gameplay changes it would be so hard to keep up with it. And that all 649+ Pokemon's stats, appearances, moves, abilities, and animations would require more memory than the entirety of Team Fortress 2....

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
let me shed more light on the subject. when I said every region I meant when you beat a specific region you go to the next one and start from scratch with a new starter like ash does in the anime.

So... basically what we already have now? You can already accomplish this by playing each Pokemon game in generation order. There's even remakes for the first two gens, allowing you to trade in a few Pokemon from later regions to simulate your "different starters" idea. And you can transfer your Pokemon up all the way from Gen 3.

There's no need to mash it into one gigantic game, especially considering a 3DS cartridge wouldn't have the space to manage it without drastically cutting down on graphics and gameplay quality. TF2 isn't exactly comparable here - it's played on a PC. Game cards and consoles can't handle that size of a game. And Nintendo keeps its best games to its own systems, so a PC Pokemon release seems very unlikely.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
do you guys think they will ever make a game where you teavel through every region start to finish, with that follows the game instead of just a storyline that follows that region? I personally would love to see this happen as it would be a very immersive experience with the ability to choose a new starter at the beginning of each region being able to build your team as you go through the regions. idk. let me know what you guys think

Another one of these....

Only this would work is if it goes on the Wii system or what ever new Nintendo system that would come out

bobandbill

one more time
Years
So... basically what we already have now? You can already accomplish this by playing each Pokemon game in generation order. There's even remakes for the first two gens, allowing you to trade in a few Pokemon from later regions to simulate your "different starters" idea. And you can transfer your Pokemon up all the way from Gen 3.

There's no need to mash it into one gigantic game, especially considering a 3DS cartridge wouldn't have the space to manage it without drastically cutting down on graphics and gameplay quality. TF2 isn't exactly comparable here - it's played on a PC. Game cards and consoles can't handle that size of a game. And Nintendo keeps its best games to its own systems, so a PC Pokemon release seems very unlikely.
To add to these good points - it doesn't make sense financially for Game Freak/Nintendo. Why stuff all the regions in one game when they can do it one new one at a time every few years... like they already do, which already makes millions for them?

That's one of the biggest reasons for any game company to consider, really.

Back