• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla looked at Shawn and shook her head. "No forest," she whispered. "I'm never going to the forest again... Bugs are creepy, and they tried to kill me." She gestured to her swollen leg. "I don't want to go back there ever again." She sighed and tried to walk faster. "Let's go to the beach! It's probably really pretty," Kayla added, forgetting about her Pokemon for the moment. I didn't spend much time at the beach yesterday... I didn't really see that much of it... She smiled at Shawn and Ace, her eyes sparkling. "Let's go! It should be really peaceful!"

Holly Amarosa

Holly blinked and frowned. She looked at the Gastly and tilted her head. "Did you possess me or something?" she whispered. The Gastly nodded and tried to nudge her hand, frowning when he just went through it. Holly pulled back and flinched. "You make me feel cold..." she whispered. She smiled at the Gastly. "Did you just want a friend?" Holly whispered. The Gastly nodded. Holly smiled at him again. "Why didn't you just say so?" she asked. "I'll be your friend..." The Gastly stared at her with tears in his eyes. "Thank you..." he whispered. Holly nodded. "It's okay..." she whispered. She gasped as a Pichu and Skitty ran up to her. and recognized the Pokemon instantly. "P-Primrose?" she asked. "Rosemary?" The Pichu waved and perched on her shoulder, while the Skitty purred and rubbed against Iny's leg. Holly smiled. "T-They're my cousin's Pokemon," she whispered shyly.

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
Mike, as he got closer to the battle, felt the heat get more and more intense. "Holy hell! This heat is insane! I might have to get there differently." The monferno was nowhere to be seen, presumably running off without him, Great, now what will I do?! I guess I could go around... Mike then ran around, toward the dorm and into the entrance to the Suicune dorm. Mike then ran down the hall, the walls protecting him from the heat. At this rate, Ill be there soon enough! Hopefully I didn't miss anything!

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Oak Town
511.png
17.png
352.png
+ Helioptile

Dex watched as Rosie reprimanded Silver with her unruly behavior. I would not go as far to call what Silver did as unruly but it is certainly enough to unnerve most trainers. Imagine a Skarmory growling at you. Hey, I have no Pokemon that can stand up to it. Yet. Dex reminded himself to get a little training done tomorrow or later when they arrived at the abandoned dorm. It is not off-limits without a reason.

Dex helped Rosie climbed on her Pokemon. After securing her tightly, he took a jump on the Pokemon and sat himself behind Rosie. "I am ready when you are." Dex could not still believe that in less than a day, he will manage to visit two off-limit areas, have a friend and, possibly, fill the remaining two spots of his team. It is a good day.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Ace Nakamura
Ace looked at Kayla, for a brief moment she was frightened by the idea of going to the forest. Maybe because of the Scyther. But after that, she was smiling at the idea of going to the beach. Suddenly, his Pikachu and his Flareon ran up to him, and jumped on his shoulders. Flareon's tail rubbed against his face, leaving a small mark of burn on it. "I don't mean to ruin your pleasure, milady but my pokemons just found yours.", he told Kayla while waiting for an answer.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
295332_364632546975737_188531419_n.jpg
Rosalyn Smith

Rosalyn smiled as Silver took off into the air at her command. Once again she was holding on tightly with one hand, using the other to hold her hair so it didn't blow into Dex's face. "This is going to be fun for sure" she said happily giggling as Silver flew faster. Who knew I'd break rules today. Though not the first time I broke a rule. Take that dad she thought.

Several minutes later Silver landed on the ground outside of a dorm building with a white roof not far from the other dorms. "Here we are"

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Dexter Patrick Prince || Lugia Dorm
511.png
17.png
352.png
+ Helioptile

The two trainers landed in front of the abandoned dorm. While the three remaining doors were kept tidy and neat by the academy people, the Lugia Dormitory was intentionally left alone. Through the years, it kept on deteriorating until its current state. It was presumably painted white during its prime. It could be the grandest dormitory, but time took its toll. Now, the walls were already a dirty white with a bunch of graffiti made by some naughtier students. The white tiles on top of it were broken in so many places. Many of the windows were boarded up.

"Okay, this place is creepier that it sounded." Dex called out Pan. Not that he is scared; he just likes to have some safety precautions against whatever is inside. "Shall we?"

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Bai Kong

Bai blushed at the good impression comment after ordering a mango smoothie. "Thank you, but I'm sure that there are others like me out there."

"Okay, your modesty is getting atrocious," complained Hei.

"Zen did just say that she's met multiple people before and you are one of three people that she thinks is a good person," pointed out Hui with a yawn.

We've met several good people on our journey, though. I'm not denying that I am a kind person, but we're not that much of a rare breed.

"Children sometimes don't understand that no means no," Bai stated with a sigh. "But, yeah, I'll tell Cynthia that you're cool and that what you do is justified and she'll leave you alone, well, like she pretty much has. Or, I'm assuming she has."

Bai frowned slightly. "If you don't mind me asking, what are you searching? You don't have to answer that if you don't have to, but maybe I've heard something about whatever it is in my journeys…I would very much like to help you, Zen." She smiled during her last statement, her sincerity obvious and her will to help Zen strong, but her worries about bothering Zen or making Zen uncomfortable was evident as well.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Outside The Lugia Dorm

Iny sit quietly and observes the event, still feeling unsure about the gastly She Gestures for Cally to come over next to her just in case.

Iny smiled as the skitty started rubbing against her leg, assuming it was the Girl's pokemon she pet it behind the ear.

"T-They're my cousin's Pokemon," The girl whispered shyly.

"Oh, okay." Iny replies. "Well, do you need a pokeball for the gastly? I have quite a few thanks to my parents." She offers pulling out a pokeball. Mostly offering this because the gastly is starting to make her feel uncomfortable and would make her feel better knowing he had control over it.

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled and hugged Ace. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" she squealed, hugging Ace tightly. "I owe you so much for this," she added, kissing him on the cheek. She grabbed her crutches and started to walk away. Kayla blinked and laughed awkwardly. "So uh... Where are my Pokemon?" she asked softly. She felt Yuri's Pokeball shake and sighed when the puppy came out. "You're too protective, you know that?" Kayla asked the Lillipup. Yuri sniffed and stood at Kayla's feet, growling softly.

Holly Amarosa

Holly smiled shyly and took Primrose off of her shoulder. She grabbed Rosemary and petted her softly. "I have one more Pokeball left," she whispered. She reached into her pocket and pulled out an empty Pokeball. "Are you ready?" she asked the Gastly. The ghost nodded and floated around her happily. Holly giggled. "I think I'll name you Shadow," she whispered, tapping the Gastly with her Pokeball. The Pokeball shook twice in her hands before stopping completely. Holly smiled and stood up. She stretched and looked at Iny. "What do we do now?" she asked. "I don't think I've even introduced myself. I'm Holly."

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
Conor Crawford || Abandoned Lugia White Dorm

It was a Duskull, it stared straight at Conor not making a sound or even flinching. "Maybe it's not hostile … well I hope so" thought Conor. As soon as Conor started to slowly back away, the Duskull's eyes started to glow a bright red and when Conor saw this it was time to high tail it out of there. The Duskull without thought gave chase, Conor turned and quickly pulled out Poli's Poke ball. Conor didn't even give Poli a say in the matter. Poli was returned to its Poke ball immediately and Conor just kept running turning corners here, entering rooms there and looking back every so often to check if the Duskull was still chasing him. Luckily by this point Conor seemed to have lost the Duskull but, he wasn't taking any chances and he just kept running.

Conor just kept running, it was dark and scary. He never experienced anything like this before, he could just make out bits of old pictures and statues whizzing by him as he ran down the dark dank corridor. Conor turned a corner and all of a sudden the gleaming rays from the sun blinded him as he ran out what seemed to be an exit. Due to his impaired vision, he tripped on some loose debris on the doorway and was launched forward, he shielded his face and managed to slow himself down before suddenly he crashed into something or perhaps it was someone? Conor didn't seem to hit them too hard but he was worried none the less.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Iny Gage: Outside The Lugia Dorm

"I have one more Pokeball left" The girl whispers.

"Okay" Iny says, putting up the ball she offered to her and watched as she caught the Gastly, Sighing in relief when it stays in the ball. "Thank god its over" She whispers to herself.

"What do we do now?" she asked. "I don't think I've even introduced myself. I'm Holly."

"Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't either. My name is Iny, And yes, I know its a strange name." She admits, Being reminded it several times the past few days. "And this is Cally" Iny says Gesturing to the small fox next to her.

"Mind helping me up?" She asks, extending an arm up to Holly, when suddendly...

"Thunk!" foreign object came crashing into her from her blindspot to the right, causing her to fall over to her side, Hitting her head on the ground as a result.

"Owwwww..." Iny Whines, hand on her head trying to remedy the bump and shake off the dizziness.

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years

Steven Yew
picture.php

Continuing the confrontation
Near Suicune dorms

Ice looked at his claw, which had been burned by the little Pokemon's ember attack. True it hurt, but would he show it? Of course not. He looked back to the Larvesta, and said, "You know how to hit, I'll give you that. However, the games are over. Prepare, small one!" With this, Ice nearly faded out of sight, his agility attack maki him but a blurred blue shadow. He then lashed out with Fury Cutter again, not aiming to miss by a millimeter this time.

Tetra nodded, barely noting Ice's performance. While I cannot help youin that area, she said, I must admit that your eyes are very pretty. She laughed, which was more a sweet chuckle than an outright laugh. Yew noticed this, and elbowed her, jokingly saying, "Now Tetra, remember what I said about flirting with students..."

To this, Tetra blushed furiously, and mentally shouted, I'm not flirting with him! I was merely giving him a compliment! Geez! she then went to go stand on the side of the improvised battlefield, halfway between the opposing sides. Anyone to approach her would realize quite quickly that she needed to take a moment to cool off.

Professor of Pokemon history and mythology

Party:
Spoiler:

Boxed Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Fixed Float!

Red Lion Leo

Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
~Leo Lionhart~S.S. Oak~
There Leo was standing on the front end of the deck looking staight ahead towards the destination. he stood there in silence watching the island get closer. It was beautiful, impressive; and not many things impressed the boy. His Monferno stood next to him arms crossed just like him. Spiritomb was floating on the other side of him eyes shining with uncharacteristic exitement. Leo noticed this, "There must be plenty of strong trainers and pokemon here, huh Spiritomb?" Spiritomb merely nodded. Leo continued watching when he felt something tugging on his pants. He looked down, smiled and scooped the little baby pokemon up into his arms so that he could see over the rails of the ship. Togepi his pride and joy and an amazingly strong pokemon for its size and stature; was now waving his hands in the air and screaming in pure joy! Leo and Monferno sweatdropped; Togepi was still a baby no matter what and the everstone he swallowed on accident will always keep him that way. But Leo smiled (we all love him nonetheless) he thought to himself. That was when he heard mumbling; high pitched, frantic, giggly mumbling. Leo and all of his companions turned around in sync and sized the makers of the noise up. A group of five girls that immediatly turned red when Leo looked at them (might as well have some fun) he thought. "Togepi go entertain those nice girls for a little while" He whispered to the joy pokemon in his arms. Togepi flipped out of Leos arms and ran towards the group of girls. They nearly went crazy! "Watch after him if you please, I would very much appreciate it" Leo said smoothly his deep voice almost a purr. He never thought he could see human beings turn so red and Togepi was definitily enjoying himself jumping up and down around the girls. The whole scene was interupted when the p.a. System popped on. Everyone looked at the speaker.

"We have now arrived at Oak Island!!!"

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Even while the Scizor had prepared his Agility, Supernova had pursued their usual tactic. She used Morning Sun, and using its awesome power, braced herself for the impending attack. And then, she waited for the inevitable attack. She started glowing with a harsh white light, and the full force of her Drought ability hit the battlefield like a hammer as her Morning Sun move came to life. Then, right before the Scizor hit, she finally spoke. "We're not done yet! TAKE THIS!!!"

It was rare that she spoke, since she was the mirror image of her trainer in many things. As she got pounded by Ice's Fury Cutter and was pushed back by the harsh hit she took, she kept her determination, and held strong, by unleashing a devastating blast of fire from her body that went in all directions. The powerful attack hit the Scizor hard enough to buy enough time to use Morning Sun to recover again. By now, she was all worked up. "Ready for another?" She was honestly hoping to have scorched the rest of him in the process, but she still couldn't see her foe in spite. She almost never got this excited in battle. It was almost as if she had found some unknown source of power or strength to actually come out on top.

In the meantime, Adrian heard Tetra's compliment, and graciously took it. Nobody had ever commented about a dull and seemingly lifeless eyes that he always kept suppressed out of fear of how others would react to them. He rarely saw any beauty in them, because people always saw the blazingly intense color of his eyes as a sign of the curse he bore, and were never afraid to show it, and sometimes less afraid to say it. Of course, there was that thing he heard Yew say, and the following comment she let loose. Awkward... He nearly scratched the back of his neck in reflex, but forced himself to focus on the battle instead.

He noticed from the heat (which was getting stronger to him, despite his natural resistance to it), that Supernova had used her signature "Death Star" combo already, and he also knew that it wouldn't work again. He also knew that Ice was way too smart to move in for a weak attack like Fury Cutter again, and based on his nature, he would go all-out on her. However, the sheer heat of the battlefield could be heavily disrupting his moves now, along with that burn of his. The only problem was his speed...

"Supernova! Get some of your String Shot out onto the battlefield!" Adrian felt like a genius, until he realized that Supernova was not only getting all of the sticky stuff everywhere, but she was also lighting it on fire at the same time!

He held out a thumbs-up, genuinely impressed by the move and her way of improving on it. She turned around in her newly made field of fire, and she piped up timidly, "Is this alright?" She had turned the part of the field all around her into a blazing inferno, with the burning, sticky String Shot all around her. She did many things to impress Adrian, but this single act might have been the most epic of them all so far. Because she had stayed in that same general area for nearly the entire battle, the heat generated from the Drought ability she possessed (followed by the burning String Shot and her multiple Fire attacks along with her Morning Sun move) was nearly intolerable around that spot.

"You're a genius!" Adrian genuinely gave off a disarming smile, and by this time, he didn't care at all about the pain. For a fleeting moment, he forgot about all the pain he and his Larvesta had gone through together, and only remembered the joy they shared with each other. There were rare moments when Trainer and Pokémon thought as one, and those moments were even more rare when the Pokémon in question weren't Psychic. But, this was one of them. They both had the same feelings, and both were focused entirely on one thing now: taking this Scizor's ego down a peg or two.

Supernova shifted her stance on the battlefield, assuming an even more defensive posture than she had before. Now, she could see from the flames where that blue Scizor was coming from, and she'd be able to hit him full force on her next attack, should he try to get close -- if that blazing inferno she had created worked, and she wasn't hit with a doubly powerful Fury Cutter to the face again.

Last edited:

Red Lion Leo

Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
The ship had stopped and Leo didn't even notice! "C'mon Togepi." Leo told told the baby pokemon. Togepi ran back to Leo and jumped into his backpack with only his head sticking out. Leo winked at the girls, Monferno did as well, and Spiritomb grunted and rolled his eyes. Leo then walked past them toward the stairs while Togepi began waving wildly at them from Leo's bag. Leo returned Spiritomb (Spiritomb hates crowds) He remembered. He walked down the stairs and headed towards the academy. He saw many different people of ages and sizes, and many pokemon he has never seen before. Halfway there he stopped walking and pulled out a picture from his pocket. It contained a smaller, naive, innocent version of him standing between a blaziken and a swampert. A snorlax was towering behind them with a froslass sitting on its shoulder. A pikachu on Leo's head and a dragonite laying in front of them. They were all grinning with joy and exitement. Leo fought back the tears and monferno looked at him in concern "With the strength we will gain from this academy we will crush Team Rocket" Leo said coldly out loud. He didn't care if anyone heard him or not. Monferno nodded his head, Togepi popped his head out of the bag and yelled an exited "Togepriii!" and hopped back into the bag, and Spiritombs ball shook in Leo's hand. Leo then commenced walking towards the Academy. Once he got to the campus he entered into the main office. He walked to the desk towards the woman sitting in there and held out his invitation and trainer card. The woman took it and looked over the information. "Leo Lionhart of Suicune dorm, here is the key to your dorm and here is a map of the campus and the island. Any further questions?" The woman asked while handing him his trainer card, key, and map. "No Ma'am, thank you though." He walked out map in hand and Togepi nearly falling out of his bag trying to wave at the front desk woman. Leo went straight to the nice Suicune dorm facility to check out his room. As he was walking he felt the temperature rising. (A battle!) his mind immediatly thought and his blood boiling. That was when as he was rounding the corner something hit him and he fell on his butt. He looked up and stared eye to eye with with a boy that had dirty blonde hair and glasses on.

pokefan9900

Years
Mike was sprinting so fast he didn't know what was around him. In fact, as soon as he turned a corner, he smashed into an older boy with wavy black hair. Mike then picked up his glasses, which fell on the floor and simply said "Sorry, I'm just in a rush to get to a battle. I had to heal my Pokemon, so I was a little late." Mike then let out a small chuckle of excitement. "You felt the temperature too, right? Anyways, maybe you should stop by, you'll learn a whole lot! By the way, what's your name? My names Mike Forde, but you can call me Miketastic!" Mike, what are you doing?! You're wasting time talking to this kid! I don't know why, but I feel that he seems similar to me, in some way or another... Mike then got up and started to slowly walk away.

Red Lion Leo

Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
"You felt the temperature too, right? Anyways, maybe you should stop by, you'll learn a whole lot! By the way, what's your name? My names Mike Forde, but you can call me Miketastic!" Then the boy walked away. (He talks extremely fast!) Leo immediatly thought. "Wait! Mike...I mean Miketastic mind if I join you?" He asked the boy who began walking down the hall. Togepi crawled from the bag to the top of Leo's head

pokefan9900

Years
"Huh?! If you want to join me, then just call me Mike! Miketastic is just my stage name I use at tournaments! Anyways, you wanna see the battle? Fine, but don't get involved, it's just me and Adrian vs. Mr. Teacher, or...Yew, I think? Also, nice Togepi you got there! It's so cute! Now, when will it become a super powerful Togekiss?!" Mike then did a strongman pose to exemplify his question. "Also, you still haven't told me your name yet! I want to get to this battle quickly, so make it snappy and let's go!!!" Mike then ran and expected Leo to follow him, also taking the map on the main desk in the lobby.

Red Lion Leo

Trainer Red
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
Leo took off running behind the boy easily catching up to him, "Don't worry I just want to watch! And Togepi will never evolve....." Leo told him while dodging a person he almost ran into. Togepi was holding onto His hair like reins on a horse and his legs were flying now "Togepweeee!!!" He was yelling "He kinda swallowed an everstone in a training accident" Leo continued

"Oh and I nearly forgot! My name is Leo Lionhart, call me Leo" Leo finished

Last edited:

pokefan9900

Years
"That's not so bad!" Mike yelled. "My Squirts swallowed a Water Stone once!" The two continued to run faster and faster, until they felt the immense heat and saw the raging inferno. "Guess this is the place! If you excuse me!" Mike then backed up, released Fang who put her wings under his shirt again, and he flew right through the window and up into the air onto the battlefield. "Sorry I'm late?" Mike muttered, seeing the Monferno he followed was already there. "Now, I wanna fight Monferno first! You ditched me, and I want revenge!" Alright, this'll come to them as a surprise! They no nothing of Porkchop, or the new move Squirts learned in our training! I'm gonna have the element of surprise, and just might win this out! "Finally, it's time to begin! Go Squirts!!!" Mike released Squirts and returned Fang,and got in his battle stance and was prepared.

Back