• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Account History Purge

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    All of the posts I have made on this account prior to the ones I have made today are from when I was 11 or below - I am particularly uncomfortable having them be archived, and it seems there is no way to delete threads or posts, and creating a new account is explicitly against the rules. Is there an avenue for a moderator to remove all of my former posts and messages? If there are any persisting warns or whatever on this account, while they will now be over a decade old, I am comfortable with those specifically being kept for moderative purposes.
    If this is something that can be done, please go ahead and do it ASAP rather than double checking with me beforehand. Consider this post my full permission to clean as much of my account up as possible - I would rather too much is removed than too little.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    All of the posts I have made on this account prior to the ones I have made today are from when I was 11 or below - I am particularly uncomfortable having them be archived, and it seems there is no way to delete threads or posts, and creating a new account is explicitly against the rules. Is there an avenue for a moderator to remove all of my former posts and messages? If there are any persisting warns or whatever on this account, while they will now be over a decade old, I am comfortable with those specifically being kept for moderative purposes.
    If this is something that can be done, please go ahead and do it ASAP rather than double checking with me beforehand. Consider this post my full permission to clean as much of my account up as possible - I would rather too much is removed than too little.
    I've gone and deleted your old forum posts.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've gone and deleted your old forum posts.

Thank you, but I'm not sure this is actually what's happened? My post count does indeed seem to be set to 0, but all of my posts still seem to exist, and can be easily seen by checking my profile. Being able to see my old posts listed via my profile might be something only I can do - I don't have the means to check that myself - but I can confirm that even when logged out, my old posts can still be seen if you're already looking at the relevant pages.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thank you, but I'm not sure this is actually what's happened? My post count does indeed seem to be set to 0, but all of my posts still seem to exist, and can be easily seen by checking my profile. Being able to see my old posts listed via my profile might be something only I can do - I don't have the means to check that myself - but I can confirm that even when logged out, my old posts can still be seen if you're already looking at the relevant pages.
    I can confirm that I as a regular user can also view older posts from you still.

You could message an admin and ask them to delete your whole account. The posts will still exist on the forums then, but it will look like they were made by "Guest", and won't be tied to a profile. You could then make a completely new account. This has been done relatively smoothly in the past at least, but I am not sure what staff policy is these days.

Years
  • Thank you, but I'm not sure this is actually what's happened? My post count does indeed seem to be set to 0, but all of my posts still seem to exist, and can be easily seen by checking my profile. Being able to see my old posts listed via my profile might be something only I can do - I don't have the means to check that myself - but I can confirm that even when logged out, my old posts can still be seen if you're already looking at the relevant pages.

if you can, please link to those specific posts (by private message, if you don't feel comfortable linking them in this thread) where you see this happening since they are appearing as hidden for me. just want to make sure our administration knows that this is going on is all!

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I've sent the messages still visible by PM - I was a bit too quick to jump to the gun on it being all of my previous messages, as honestly I didn't want to scan through all of my very old posts to verify they were all still there, but I have sent all 10 of the old messages I can still see when looking through my list of old posts and when logged out. Thank you for the support!

Back