• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Create-A-Card Competition!

Years

PokéCommunity Create-A-Card Competition

This is PokéCommunity's first official Create-A-Card Competition! There are two categories you can enter, those being the Graphics-Based and Text-Based categories. You can even enter both if you wish! No previous experience necessary! You will have 2 weeks from the competition start to design a fake card for the category/categories you have entered and post them in this thread. After that, you have 1 week to submit your votes to the host (in this case, that's me) via PM, using the following ballot:

Graphics-Based:
2. (optional)
3. (optional)

Text-Based:
2. (optional)
3. (optional)

Now to lay down some rules:
  • You may not vote for yourself.
  • You must submit a vote or you will be disqualified.
  • If a card has any visual component other than text, it must be submitted in the Graphics-Based category!
  • The card must be created by you. We staff members are not fools and can easily use reverse image searching to find out if you stole the card image from elsewhere.
  • Fake card generators are allowed for use, but you still must have created some aspect of the card other than just throwing it all together.
  • You may vote even if you are not participating in the competition!

Important Dates:

July 22, 2013: Contest start date!
August 6, 2013 11:59 PM GMT -6: End of submission period.
August 7, 2013 12:00 AM GMT -6: Start of voting period!
August 12, 2013, 11:59 PM GMT -6: End of voting period!
August 14, 2013: Results Announced!

1st place in each category will receive an emblem!

List of Contestants:

Image-Based:

Text-Based:

Resources:
Tutorials: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=25154
Resource Sharing Center: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=75223

Please remember to credit the individuals whose resources you have borrowed!

Credits for the background go to Evan at www.DinPattern.com and www.EvanEckard.com . All CSS written by me.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
First entry!

Rotom_Fan_zps57338420.png

Credit to aschefield101 for the blank (gold recolor by me) and symbols. Artwork and foil by me.

I know it isn't a reprint, but I prefer gold frames over silver ones.

Years
Graphics

cg54.jpg

Template: http://www.mypokecard.com/en/
Artwork designed and executed by myself.

Text

Smeargle 60 HP
Basic Stage

Painter Pokemon. Length: 3'11". Weight: 128 lbs.

Blank Canvas - One Colorless Energy - 10 Damage
The attack type can vary depending upon the type of energy card attached. If more than one energy is attached, you may choose from any energy type attached.

Art Reproduction - Three Colorless Energies
You may use any attack of a Pokemon in play on either side of the field.

"Smeargle's creative abilities and diverse palette allows it to master a beautiful blend of attacks."

Resistance - none; Weakness - none; Retreat Cost - One Energy

Last edited:
Years
I'm bumping back the entry submission deadlines another 24 hours! So you have 24 hours from the time of this post to make any last minute submissions!

Then voting begins immediately afterward! PM all votes to me!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

Graphics

h15gRUqbq8_zpsfa426937.jpg

Wailord
Part of the bottom of my drawing got cut off, but the random green thing is seaweed and there is a Staryu resting on a rock to the right.
...maybe I should've entered the text-based competition :)

Thanks Fenneking for the link!

Text

Bronzong 110 HP Steel
Stage 1; Evolves from Bronzor
PokéBody: Heatproof
Attacks done to Bronzong by Fire type Pokémon are reduced by 20 (after applying weakness and resistance).

2 Steel Energy; Call for Family
Search your discard pile for one Bronzor or Bronzong and place them on top of your deck. If there are no Bronzor or Bronzong in your discard pile, this attack does nothing.

2 Steel Energy, 1 Psychic Energy; Ancient Echo 20+
Does 20 damage plus 10 damage for each Fossil on your bench. You may not add more than 30 damage this way.

One caused a news sensation when it was dug up at a construction site after a 2000-year sleep.

Resistance: Psychic -20; Weakness: none ; Retreat Cost: 2 Energy
illus. jsziede

Last edited:
Back