• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Rumble Rock

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
  • Rumble Rock Is Back, and from now on we are staying open source... The most recent Ips will be available to everyone all of the time, regardless of its current state.

So Click Here To Download!​

Spoiler:

Change log:
    Spoiler:

Welcome to Pokemon Rumble Rock V2., The debut hack of the aptly named Team Rumble rock.​

Before we get on to the good stuff I would like to start with same major thank you's:

<> Pedro - First person who joined, introduced me to the world of hacking, and although he does not take a active role anymore he continues to support the team.
    <> OllI97, and M.L. - I had all but given up when they joined, But since then they have been the most active members of the team and have helped to no end.

Introduction:
    Hey there, I am jabberjabber8 you have probably been nagged by me at some point in the last 3 months. This is my first hack and it is the first hack of many of my team members, don't be put off though we have put some real effort in to this and hope you will be pleasantly surprised..!

Story:
    You are a young boy/girl that just had their 15th birthday. Finally professor croft gives you your first pokemon! and asks you to find out how the pokemon of hoenn are getting into The region of Rombo (your home). You choose your starter and battle your rival to test 'em out. But you won't be heading off to the gyms this time, in a effort to stop trainers rising against them the evil team Rumble Rock have destroyed all but 1 gym and replaced them with Rumble rock headquarters... But that's not the worst of it, a dark secret is about to unfold, the notorious team Rumble rock know that heatran has come to Rombo from sinnoh and are hunting him down to create landslides and destroy the world as we know it And guess what?! You're get yourself involved in all this mess, and you also encounter some famous trainer, along the way. Finally when you have all but deafeated team rumble rock and stoped there evil plan your rival "ace" that you first met just outside pallet town, turns out to be there leader..!
    Rombo Towns:
    Spoiler:

Features:​

<> explore a new region and new towns
    <> Only one gym
    <> Rumble rock HQ's Replace gyms
    <> All generation 3 Pokemon available
    <> Brand new tile set
    <> Heatran available.
    <> Same world map, But every single area has been remade from scratch
    <> two rivals
    <> much harder than fire red
    <> Brand new story line
    <> meet famous trainers (e.g. help brock beat the [insert town name here] Rumble rock headquarters)

Screen shots:​

Deviant art
    Spoiler:
    Demo 2.0
    Spoiler:

Positions that need filling
    <> We have made a title screen but we need someone to insert it.
    <> someone to fix grass and door animation
    <> a experienced ASM hacker, we have a idea planned out that should be possible
    <> Some one to improve this post this is just a place holder for the nice colourful one we want to put in soon
    <> the text at the beginning needs changing

The Team As it Stands:​

Mapping - Ruup20, Poisoninja, Jabberjabber8
    Scripts - Olli97, M.L.
    Tiles - M.L.
    Sprites - Cindaquil

Old members that deserve a mention:
    Pedro - banner, scripts, general knowledge.
    Atif - Working on ASM
    shadow mrk - ASM consult
    Elite charizard - some great maps that you will see later, Tiles
    Banjora Marxvile - "part time worker" (as he calls it) thanks for inserting the tiles!
    Teh Blazer - thanks for the title screen

Bugs:
    Beta coming soon!

Rules
    <>No flaming! we don't mind critique but if you just want to have a dig go else where
    <> Read through this entire post before posting your thoughts.
    <> Please check the Bug section before you report any think to us.
    <> flow the first 3 rules.

Progress
    The maps: lllllllllllllllllllll
    The scripts: lllllllllllllllllllll
    The graphics: lllllllllllllllllllll
    Overall: lllllllllllllllllllll

Support
    We only have one support banner witch I placed at the top of this thread.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • I like the concept of this (although recently it's being overused), however that house tile in the first tiny image seems to be too strange (I think the roof needs a border).

Oh, and I think I can insert the titlescreen for you. :3

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    it's amazing, three months of working on rumble rock, and to tell you the truth, i thought i would never see the day that this hack would be up on progressing hacks, so congratulations on getting your hack in the progressing hacks, everything looks good, but now looking at the tiles, i don't think they look very good, so i might rejoin your team to try and improve your tiles, since i have learned way more about tile inserting than from back then. i can give this hack the good looking tiles it deserves, good luck :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Yay, it's up, however you've written that the maps have been made from scratch, so I guess we'll do that later.
    Also I forgot to change the sprites in the ips you've used, so you got the wrong sprites In some of the screenies

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years
  • @ Teh Blazer - That is great news I will get the IPS to you as soon as i can but a lot of people need it at the moment
    @ elite charizard - exactly what i said to teh blazer

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    Wow looks great maybe i should join ;)
    ahh those houses look terible they were done before pallete editing was learnt sorry me and EC can fix it for you ay jabber what you say but i can supply less time atm you know why lol..... but definetly must fix those houses it seems as now the new PC and gym is in the palletes changed and the houses were in the same pallete as the PC so yea i will fix some time dont worry =)

DVK

Hack based-God
    Years
  • hey jabberjabber8, glad to see the thread up, i actually can't wait to see some Alpha/Beta's up, if you need any help with spriting or beta testing i can help, M.L can vouch for my Spriting ability, but if you want proof pm me, and M.L can you pm me please it won't let me p.m you for some reason.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I can also make banners haha.

Last edited:

/art-56/

magik leafer
    Years
  • however that house tile in the first tiny image seems to be too strange (I think the roof needs a border).

and I have the same opinion!

it's amazing, three months of working on rumble rock, and to tell you the truth, i thought i would never see the day that this hack would be up on progressing hacks, so congratulations on getting your hack in the progressing hacks

and where it laid out before this forum? I also need to before the forum of my hack somewhere spread?

Last edited:

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years
  • and where it laid out before this forum? I also need to before the forum of my hack somewhere spread?

I'm going to be honest that has confused me a bit...

OoO and DVK, you will have to ask Oli I run all the scripts through him so its only fair that he decides weather he needs help or not. also i had some one offer to insert animated sprites just this morning so we are not looking for a spriter at the moment...

Thanks for the offer all the same.

Last edited:

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years
  • Lol let me fix that up for you...

By the way for anyone waiting for the release, the tiles are done
    we are just waiting on:
    <> tile screen
    <> some tile animations
    <> possible ASM, but that can wait
    <> virdian forest map (any volunteers?)
    <> renaming the towns (ideas welcome)
    <> changing wild pokes to better suit he game (I am doing that now)

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    hhhm well we should be able to find some people to do that im sure lol so ja is CS gana do our TS for us?

Olli

Years
  • Damn you, Giradialkia, (jk :P) you deleted my explaining post!
    But whatever, I'll just explain it again.
    The reason why there's only one gym, is because most of the story is about beating the RR Hideouts.
    Now the reason why there even is one gym is because you beat Brock before deciding to stop the RR Team.
    It will all make more sense after you've played the demo, so please don't rant about how bad it is that there's only one gym.

Last edited:

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
    Years
  • I will make the veridian forest map, do i need the IPS than or can i just export the map file again.

Last edited:

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years
  • Thanks for that if everyone does what they said they would without any problems (I doubt that will happen)

Are "To Do List" will look something like this:

<> tile screen
    <> some tile animations - very important
    <> possible ASM, but that can wait - please get in touch if you would like to help
    <> virdian forest map
    <> renaming the towns - I am not good with that sort of thing
    <> update screen shots - will do when I get time

Last edited:

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    The storyline isn't really original with Oak, mindless "world destroy" and Kanto as the region. That's one of the things you could consider changing a bit. Maps and tiles are a bit under average, but they still might change. Otherwise, I can't really judge this hack because of early stages, small number of screenshots and information.
    EDIT:
    <> renaming the towns - I am not good with that sort of thing
    You have mentioned it's Kanto, so why would the towns have changed names? It doesn't make sense.

Olli

Years
  • He probably wrote wrong.
    We haven't really gotten any names for the region, and for the alpha, the towns are gonna be placed like in Kanto, so the alpha is more like an edit than a hack.
    I hope you can live with that >_>

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen today
    Also, may I add, the tiles are now changed from what is seen on the screenshots (I know, as I inserted a few), so expect them to be different when new screenshots are posted here.

jabberjabber8

../\..
    Years
  • @chair - When I wrote kanto that is a typing error, thanks for pointing that out. I am going to be honest I was lazy with the story line I cut and pasted it from a older thread (I will update that to). As for tiles they have had a pretty huge update since I took the screen shots I am just waiting for some other updates before I update them, And as for maps, I am not sure how you gauge how could the maps are from the small screen shots so I have attached some map shots from the hack.

Map information...
    Spoiler:

Now I think that answers your questions, and if you don't want to read all that long and short of it: I don't update it often enough....

Attachments

• Route 1...jpg
      Route 1...jpg
      165.2 KB · Views: 37
    • Route 15...jpg
      Route 15...jpg
      269.9 KB · Views: 34
    • Route Unknown...jpg
      Route Unknown...jpg
      273.2 KB · Views: 33
    • Town 1...jpg
      Town 1...jpg