• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Information on June 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
Looks like the news is coming thick and fast now! Certainly makes up for the news drought that was between February and May.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
I hope they don't reveal the evolutions for the starters just yet, because the anticipation and speculation is still fun @ this point.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Roughly three new Pokemon. I remember back in BW they only revealed a few Pokemon after the initial starter release/broadcast. Although I don't remember what XY did... I assume it was something along those lines. No need to give us all the information at once. We gotta wait six months after all...

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
Years
A few new Pokèmon, some returning Pokèmon, and whatever the new big feature is. All set to a backdrop of more Alola.
That might be asking too much.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Jeez, that's in two weeks from tomorrow. What are you trying to do Game Freak, suffocate me to death? I'm still trying to recover from last week's blow. MY BODY AINT READY YET.:P

I'm definitely thinking the names and more footage of the Legendaries, plus their details like typings and stats uploaded to the official site. Maybe a couple more 'mons like the bird we seen in the concept art and the dog/deer thing we seen in the PC's hometown. I'm also hoping that they give us what may or may not be more of the Alola region map, that one I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I'm sorry, but what we see right now looks WAY too small to hold all eight Gyms plus the League.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
If we're getting more new Pokemon than we got during 6th gen then I could see us getting more frequent updates than we have in the past. (maybe they organised this in such a way that they'd be able to dish out information fairly regularly) Especially since the period between the initial trailer and release is shorter this time than it was for X and Y.

Of course even if there are more new Pokemon that doesn't mean they have to reveal any more than they did for the 6th generation...

Most likely scenario I think is an official name reveal for the mascot legendaries and a reveal of their types. After that I could also see wireframe bird, the regional rodent and the mystery dog-like Pokemon making an appearance too...

That would be my guess.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Would love to see more on the region. Maybe even one of those maps they like to reveal.

PokeTrekkie92

Gym Leader of Alabaster
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
I'm hoping to see the evolved forms of the new starters and also hoping to see some new mega evolutions too!

Years
I feel like it will be 2 new Pokemon. Remember, we do have 2 place holders for a Ground Type and a Fighting type Pokemon on the Japanese Pokemon website. While It could be the starters final evolution typing I just feel like it's the typing of some new Pokemon about to be revealed. They have the Pokemon in the CoroCoro trailer to officially reveal still, and one of the pages of the latest CoroCoro said that there will be a new corocoroPokemon mascot next month as well, so it's possible we could be getting 2 Pokemon revealed on the 2nd. This is just my speculation though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
June 2nd seems like a somewhat odd date. It might be after the anime episod eon that day or something. I do hope they talk about the concerns of the size of the region, giving us the full map or talking about the reasoning behind the 1 island if it is just 1, extremely small island.

As for pokemon, only wanting to see if megas are still a thing and 2 or 3 new pokemon.

Also wanting them to confirm if customization is 100% coming back.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
As for pokemon, only wanting to see if megas are still a thing and 2 or 3 new pokemon.

I cannot see them getting rid of Megas. They have never removed a battle aspect from the game before, and I can't see them removing it. This doubles for Sky Battles. Although it is an extremely precise battle format, I can't see them removing it. We may see less of it, or it could be pushed to the side like a special facility gimmick like inverse battles, but Megas are practically a core mechanic now. They can be used in any type of battle that allows held items. Even if they don't introduce new Megas, I don't think Mega Evolution will be removed from the core game.

Years
"Please look forward to more news next month!"

...but seriously, I hope they show more of Alola and maybe a new Pokemon or two. It's a bit concerning that they're revealing more so soon, since they revealed so much of X/Y and OR/AS before the games came out that there ended up not being much for players to discover for themselves. I want to believe that they've learned from those mistakes, but so far it's not looking like they have.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
That is my thoughts as well Xander. I don't see them removing it, but it be nice to see confirmation on it. I don't think they would still be hyping Megas so much otherwise.

As for concerned about the XY/ORAS new. I don't think XY suffered them showing to much news. Everything was revealed by people who got their games like a week early.

ORAS was the only one who suffered from that. And it was a remake, so there was really nothing new other than Mega Pokemon. And a good amount of those were a given by the time they revealed them. We knew we would get a Sceptile/Swampert because we got Blaziken in XY. There was really no choice about Groudon and Kyogre due to the fact that they were the mascots. Making Rayquaza a given. And then Latios and Latias were confirmed in XY when people hacked the games. Sharpedo and Camerupt were pretty much a given because of Team Aqua and Magma along with Metagross.

So for the most part, there was no real reason to hide those.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Jeez, that's in two weeks from tomorrow. What are you trying to do Game Freak, suffocate me to death? I'm still trying to recover from last week's blow. MY BODY AINT READY YET.:P

I'm definitely thinking the names and more footage of the Legendaries, plus their details like typings and stats uploaded to the official site. Maybe a couple more 'mons like the bird we seen in the concept art and the dog/deer thing we seen in the PC's hometown. I'm also hoping that they give us what may or may not be more of the Alola region map, that one I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. I'm sorry, but what we see right now looks WAY too small to hold all eight Gyms plus the League.

Remember what I said before, the Kyogre of news has replaced the Groudon of news ;).
I hope that they'll release the islands slowly, it'll create hype for each individual part of Alola.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back