• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Information on June 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Huh. Confirmation on Solgaleo/Lunala's names and types, confirmation of Kukui as the Professor, our rival's name, and the reveal of that Lillie girl. A bit more than I was expecting. Speaking of Lillie, the fact that she's described as a "Professor Kukui's mysterious assistant" rather than just "Professor Kukui's assistant" kinda makes me wonder about her involvement.

One last thing: take a good look at the protagonists' wrists. Mega Rings, perhaps?

Solgaleo is Psychic/Steel and Lunala is Psychic/Ghost. Also those leaked names turned out to be the real deal!

Was kinda expecting that. Glad for some final confirmation.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    A sum-up in case people missed it:

- Legendaries confirmed to be Solgaleo and Lunaala, like the trademarks hinted
    - Solgaleo is Psychic/Steel-type, has a new ability called Full Metal Body and its signature move is Sunsteel Strike
    - Lunaala is Psychic/Ghost-type, has a new ability called Shadow Shield and its signature move is Moongeist Beam
    - Professor Kukui's name is official
    - New rival character's name confirmed to be Hau
    - New female character named Lillie also revealed
    - New Rotom form based on the new Pokedex design
    - And we also got the protagonist artwork, sadly we don't know their names yet

Interesting news overall. I did think a name and type reveal for the legendaries was the most likely. So from that perspective we already got more than I was expecting.

I guess I'm a little surprised we didn't see an official reveal for the wireframe bird, but I suppose that'll be one of the next reveals.

The Rotom forme in particular is really interesting. When they said it brings new ways to communicate with Pokemon, the first thing that popped into my head was that Rotom might act as a translator between you and other Pokemon you come across. (kinda like what Team Rockets Meowth does in the anime) Interesting.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    There's some more news on the website. Something about meeting new Pokemon through QR scanning.

Years
  • Lillie seems like a mysterious character, hopefully we'll learn more about her in the future.

Anyways, it's very saddening to know that Lunaala has two nasty 4x weaknesses - Dark and Ghost. Not good when you consider how common those types are competitively.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I just noticed this on the website when they're talking about the Rotom Pokedex.

"The Rotom Pokédex shows your current location and your next destination, and it also gives you advice on where to go next, based on the conversations you have with others! "

Kinda makes it sound like there's some kind of open mission system. In the sense that you might have to go to different places depending on who you've been talking to.

I could be looking too much into it though. Maybe it's just because the region is a lot less linear and getting lost is more likely.

Years
  • Watching the trailer again, I'm pretty anxious. Besides skin/hair options, they didn't mention character customization.

I didn't see anything other than the skin tone, and I heard people have been hating the female protagonist's hat so yeah that definitely would look concerning.

However, I did notice the female protagonist's shirt has flowers on it. That's something new for protagonist attire if you ask me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So our new boxart legendaries are going to be Psychic types, so it's safe to assume that the third member postgame will also be Psychic. This also deconfirms Cosmic type as a new typing. The Amazon leak was spot on about Alola region having multiple islands; I can hear IGN silently screaming. Lillie looks cute, and holy smokes, we're getting a new Rotom forme? I wonder if it's going to be used in battle.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Lillie seems like a mysterious character, hopefully we'll learn more about her in the future.

Anyways, it's very saddening to know that Lunaala has two nasty 4x weaknesses - Dark and Ghost. Not good when you consider how common those types are competitively.
    Perhaps that's why they gave it a variation on Multiscale, it should can help it survive a One-hit Ko from the likes of Giratina, Darkrai, and Yvetal.

Lol, they called her mysterious in the trailer irc. So that's their aim. Hmm, could she be the Champion working incognito? The evil Team leader?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I just noticed in the trailer when they introduce Professor Kukui he says the region is "chock full of nothin but rare Pokemon".

It could just be something he said for impact but it sorta makes it sounds like one of two things will be true...

1. They'll be a much greater focus on new Pokemon. (as opposed to Kalos where the new mons kinda got swamped by all the older Pokemon)

or

2. When it comes to returning Pokemon the pokedex will have an emphasis on older Pokemon that have traditionally been considered rare.

I'm not sure if this means we'll be seeing a return to only having new Pokemon like they did in Black and White. Probably not...it does make it sound like we'll be getting a lot of new Pokemon though.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • YES! They're going to cover SM during Treehouse at E3!

nintendo-hype-train-624x351.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back