• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon Information on June 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
  • June 2nd seems like a somewhat odd date. It might be after the anime episod eon that day or something. I do hope they talk about the concerns of the size of the region, giving us the full map or talking about the reasoning behind the 1 island if it is just 1, extremely small island.

Well, the Alola region is based on Hawaii, so keep in mind that the state of Hawaii is a group of larger islands, not just one. What we saw was likely the first of multiple islands that Alola is made of. If not, then...these games are in serious trouble.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • Please PLEASE reveal starters final typings, I can't stand the thought of Popplio being poliwrath and Litten being..ugh...Camerupt.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Please PLEASE reveal starters final typings, I can't stand the thought of Popplio being poliwrath and Litten being..ugh...Camerupt.
    Popplio might be a special fighter unlike Poliwrath, and Litten will likely be faster but more fragile compared to Camerupt.

I doubt they'll reveal the finals so soon. I expect the middle stages to be revealed in August or September and the final final evos to be out by October or November (maybe even kept a secret like XY's if not for the leak.)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • That's so weird and funny... just when I was winding down after last week, we get told that we got more info coming in 2 weeks. I'm also starting to wonder if this constant updating by the websites are starting to render CoroCoro leaks useless, which is fine. That just means that whatever we were getting in CoroCoro in June, we don't have to wait an extra 1-2 weeks for it.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    As long as we get confirmation on the starter's final evolutions, I won't care what else is revealed. Then again, that seems to be pushing it, skipping over the second stage and all. Maybe it'll just be some confirmation on the legendaries, and a bit of knowledge on this gen's new game mechanic.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As long as we get confirmation on the starter's final evolutions, I won't care what else is revealed. Then again, that seems to be pushing it, skipping over the second stage and all. Maybe it'll just be some confirmation on the legendaries, and a bit of knowledge on this gen's new game mechanic.

Pretty much way too soon. We never usually get starter evolution information this early on (despite what the website implies). Best thing to hope for is some new Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    Sounds about right, honestly. I at least hope it's some wholesome information. Enough to lead to new realms of speculation.

Years
  • I'm thinking that we'll get the legendary names (well confirmation), some lore behind them (not too spoilerish though), and that mon spotted in Corocoro's trailer.

Years
  • I want to know what time is. I hope it'll be earlier than the last one was in Japan, that way those of us living in the western U.S. coast might see it at night on the 1st.

Years
  • Probably is more gameplay footage of Alola. ^_^ Can't wait to see more of the region itself!

Now that you mention footage of the region, I'm expecting them to show more of PokeHonolulu than what we've seen. It'll likely be our Saffron, Goldenrod, Lilicove/Mauville, Veilstone, Castelia, and Lumiose of Alola, and we know that GF showed off the latter two a lot more than the other towns in their trailers.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    You know , Ash-Greninja mastery episode will air in June 02 .
    So , Is this just a coincidence ? Or The New Info has something to do with Ash-Greninja ?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • They just updated the times for which the info will come out; 22:00 JST, 13:00 UTC, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 9:00 EDT, 6:00 PDT, and 23:00 AEST.

Looks like that will be 7:00 AM Friday June 3rd for my time MST... which means I'll be a day late. Tarter sauce.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • So it's another video, that's great to hear! Hopefully they show off some more of Alola and perhaps another island if it's not too early?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It seems like Game Freak is trying to beat the CoroCoro leaks yet again next month. I'm expecting the new Pokémon they may be revealing to be that Ground type and Fighting type found in the Japanese website's source code. Plus I'm expecting official artwork of the protagonists, the rival, and the professor.

Years
  • They just updated the times for which the info will come out; 22:00 JST, 13:00 UTC, 14:00 BST, 15:00 CEST, 9:00 EDT, 6:00 PDT, and 23:00 AEST.

Looks like that will be 7:00 AM Friday June 3rd for my time MST... which means I'll be a day late. Tarter sauce.
    What timezone is that? The most 'ahead' one I know of is only 4 hours ahead of Japan...

Years
  • MST is Mountain Standard Time. I typed in the Japan time for the announcement on Google, and based on my location it automatically gave me 7 AM for the following day.
    Google Brain farted there. MDT (since we're in Daylight savings) is one hour ahead of PDT. So it'll be 7 A.M Thursday :). Just add one hour to the Pacific Time and you'll find out your time with ease ;).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • According to the English Twitter, it is 6am Pacific time, 7am mountain time, 8am Central Time and 9am East coast time.

And from what I have seen, Corocoro didn't actually have anything in it, so I don't think they are trying to beat the Corocoro leaks. But if they are, they are starting to break up unofficial leaks this time around.

As for what I am expecting to see, 5 pokemon as that is usually around the number we get in first batch of pokemon revealed. XY it was 4 pokemon with the starters and box legends and BW was 6 to 10 pokemon. And they are not always 1st stages. (May and June were reveal months)

So knowing that, the first batch might give us an idea on how many pokemon are going to be in this generation. A low amount would be a low amount of total and a higher amount, would be more pokemon.

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Calling it now that the major part of the news will be dedicated to Ash greninja and zygarde forms.

The episode of the anime airing that day is about the truth of Ash greninja and sets it up that in the winding woods Ash will learn and reach full potential with greninja.

So I'm betting they will announce what Ash greninja is and how it ties into Sun and Moon.

They will probably focus on the zygarde forms then as both are anime focused atm.

I could also see an official reveal of the woodepecker we saw in the concept art.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back