• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
No, only you and we staff members are able to see infractions.

That tab might as be invisible to everyone else, hun.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
I'm wondering what my latest infraction was for, since the moderator didn't consider it an argument.

Or is that just his way of saying shut up?

Probably his way of saying shut up. Mods are people too. They can get angry(shocking stuff, huh?).

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Just gonna go ahead and throw this out there:

Moderators cannot just issue infractions because we get frustrated or have a particular emotional reason to give 'em. It is at our discretion whether someone deserves one, but there are some pretty strict rules for what we can and can't do.

So, I'm sure that infraction was perfectly legit.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Just because that may be official policy doesn't mean that it is always followed. This is one of the best moderated forums out there, albeit sometimes annoyingly so, but the staff are not perfect.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Under this system when thing expire they should be removed from your profile. At least for yellow cards since they are less serious so the person's punhisment of having to be reminded or mistakes should be less serious.

P.S.
And anoher question

Years
Other users who aren't members of staff can't see your infractions/warnings. It's only you who will see them, so it's really not a concern that they don't 'disappear'.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
^That.

Plus, they need to stay there. Staff need to check to see if you've committed previous offences when deciding to infract you or not. Depending on how many you've had before can make the difference between a friendly PM or an infraction.

NatureKeeper

Just gonna go ahead and throw this out there:

Moderators cannot just issue infractions because we get frustrated or have a particular emotional reason to give 'em. It is at our discretion whether someone deserves one, but there are some pretty strict rules for what we can and can't do.

So, I'm sure that infraction was perfectly legit.

You broke the rules. Whenever you break the rules you're likely to get an infraction. If you don't you're lucky. Especially in a forum like Pixel Art, where the rules are broken multiple times a day, and where a moderator can get extremely frustrated with the posters.

..I am sincerely on the urge to ROFL from the bolded words.

Years
..I am sincerely on the urge to ROFL from the bolded words.

Way to take what was said out of context. The Doctor was frustrated because of the rule-breaking, Lawrence was giving the example of a mod being frustrated when no rule-breaking has taken place. Read what was said a bit more thoroughly next time. :)

NatureKeeper

Way to take what was said out of context. The Doctor was frustrated because of the rule-breaking, Lawrence was giving the example of a mod being frustrated when no rule-breaking has taken place. Read what was said a bit more thoroughly next time. :)

Then why many other posters who did my mistake recieved more than one chance of post deletion before infractions?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Then why many other posters who did my mistake recieved more than one chance of post deletion before infractions?
Okay, this is starting to get ridiculous, NatureKeeper. You received a warning for breaking the rules in Pixel Art. That's all there is to it. You're acting very immature in a matter a child would when getting a toy taken away from it. You got a warning, a reason for the warning, the reason is reflected in the rules, learn from it, deal with it, and suck it up. It's really not that difficult.

Posts posted in a forum are subject to approval of the moderator of that forum. That is common knowledge on forum systems of any kind. If they find that your post doesn't fit within the guidelines they created for that forum, then they have the right to take action against your post. That's what they're there for. A warning is much different than in infraction; it's a friendly reminder that "hey, I broke the rules. I should do something about it next time."

You should be grateful you received a warning and not an infraction, which hold point values against you in the future. Count your blessings, darling. Just be glad you got a nice mod and not someone like Harry or myself, where we wouldn't hesitate to infract you for that minor mistake. Different moderators operate differently than others, after all. And just because you don't agree with action against you doesn't mean it was the wrong thing for the moderator to do especially considering the fact that the moderator knows their forum better than anyone and they know what they want out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NatureKeeper

Okay, this is starting to get ridiculous, NatureKeeper. You received a warning for breaking the rules in Pixel Art. That's all there is to it. You're acting very immature in a matter a child would when getting a toy taken away from it. You got a warning, a reason for the warning, the reason is reflected in the rules, learn from it, deal with it, and suck it up. It's really not that difficult.

Posts posted in a forum are subject to approval of the moderator of that forum. That is common knowledge on forum systems of any kind. If they find that your post doesn't fit within the guidelines they created for that forum, then they have the right to take action against your post. That's what they're there for. A warning is much different than in infraction; it's a friendly reminder that "hey, I broke the rules. I should do something about it next time."

You should be grateful you received a warning and not an infraction, which hold point values against you in the future. Count your blessings, darling. Just be glad you got a nice mod and not someone like Harry or myself, where we wouldn't hesitate to infract you for that minor mistake. Different moderators operate differently than others, after all. And just because you don't agree with action against you doesn't mean it was the wrong thing for the moderator to do especially considering the fact that the moderator knows their forum better than anyone and they know what they want out of it.

Sorry, my perosnality makes me a bit overreactive.

And... Is that something I should be grateful or..

Anyway...

Warning is not as dangerous as Infraction points, but it really does put an Infractions tab in my User Profile...

Any random viewer would say, like 'Omg... This guyz is rulex breakerz! Must not be vizitors to such rulex breakerz!'
..That's really it. I'd be grateful if i is at least hidden.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
It is hidden to normal members. Infraction tabs are only viewable to staff members.

(And omg Nick I am nice. :()

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I have 2 questions I would like to ask, kind of. okay:
1) What are those refferal thingys to do with?
2) if I got a red card is it pernament or does it go when it expires?

Last edited:
Years
I have 2 questions I would like to ask, kind of. okay:
1) What are those refferal thingys to do with?
2) if I got a red card is it pernament or does it go when it expires?
1. When one registers for the forums, there is the option to put "Referred By -usernamegoeshere-", and if you do, then that person's referrals will go up. Basically, it's how many times that person has been documented referring someone else to the forum. :)
2) Yes and no. A red card can 'expire' [the points won't count anymore], but it will never disappear from your profile. However, one can also set a permanent infraction that will never expire [the points will count toward your total forever]

I hope that helps. :)

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
1. When one registers for the forums, there is the option to put "Referred By -usernamegoeshere-", and if you do, then that person's referrals will go up. Basically, it's how many times that person has been documented referring someone else to the forum. :)
2) Yes and no. A red card can 'expire' [the points won't count anymore], but it will never disappear from your profile. However, one can also set a permanent infraction that will never expire [the points will count toward your total forever]

I hope that helps. :)
Ah, right I understand that now. Thank you ^^

okay another question regarding posting in threads; if I was to post in a thread, right, then deleted that post and then made a new post but deleted that too straight after would I get infracted or warned for it?

Last edited:
Years
To the moderator that issued the infraction, I would assume. Lol.
If they don't comply, go up the chain of staff.

And . . while there aren't ~specific~ blog rules, the general forum rules basically apply. I mean, random blogs that are kinda 'spam' are fine as a blog IS a reflection of of oneself. As long as there's not an obnoxious amount posted successively in a short span of time. :/

I mean, if a blog is offensive, it's usually reported and dealt with accordingly - but other than that, to my knowledge there's not that moderation really involved with blogs. In general, it's common sense that people who have blogging rights would at least know a bit of rules so . . yeah. Lol.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
To the moderator that issued the infraction, I would assume. Lol.
If they don't comply, go up the chain of staff.

And . . while there aren't ~specific~ blog rules, the general forum rules basically apply. I mean, random blogs that are kinda 'spam' are fine as a blog IS a reflection of of oneself. As long as there's not an obnoxious amount posted successively in a short span of time. :/

I mean, if a blog is offensive, it's usually reported and dealt with accordingly - but other than that, to my knowledge there's not that moderation really involved with blogs. In general, it's common sense that people who have blogging rights would at least know a bit of rules so . . yeah. Lol.

Ok, and how about like.. word limits on blogs? Could I write "That's cool, man" and get infracted because it's not part of the 3 word rule? Just super curious.

Back