• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Coro Coro Contest! Name That Attack! PC Exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2019
    English Alphabet - Chivalry

Japanese Kanji - 騎士 道

The idea behind the name goes as this;

The names of the games are Sword and Shield. As many know, these are the primary weapons of the noble knight. A knight's purpose is to protect his country, and in some cases his princess. He would give his life at the hands of his enemy if it means protecting his countrymen. At the same time, we have seen countless times where a Pokémon nobly sacrifices itself to protect it's trainer. With a strong bond, such a Pokémon wouldn't think twice to sacrifice half of it's health to destroy the enemy.

Just thought it fit well. I know I'm not the only one with this idea, so if it does it chosen it'll be from the combined efforts of everyone who requested it. Anyway, thanks for giving us a chance to potentially name something in the franchise we love.

Last edited:
    Years
  • English- Muramasa
    Romanji- ムラーマーサー

The name is a reference to the famous Japanese swordsmith Sengo Muramasa. It also just sounds cool

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2019
    Half life.

Makes sense considering the moves description.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2020
    Do the spaces in between words count as a character? If so, a lot of these don't work.

Years
  • rust ray/rustyray
    the rust is like oxidation but shorter , when iron or any material is exposed to oxygen, it oxidizes, so if a body made of iron expels it, It would be like removing the thing that covers a wound, we would hurt ourselves ... I did not know how to explain it well, but I hope that the name likes you...
    oh... CodeHelmet say something simillar...
    maybe ironbeam?
    I like the idea, but what about Rustbeam?

Years
  • Magnetic Force (磁力)
    Unstoppable (止められない
    Iron Will (アイアンウィル
    Chevalier (シュヴァリエ)
    Battle Charge (バトルチャージ)
    Embolden (盛り上げる)

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    Following the logic behind MetallicMask's "Overclock", how about Cuckoo?

Cuckoo like the cuckoo clock, a machine. It makes us jump when it comes out of nowhere, making it powerful. It shoots out of the machine, making it a special. Cuckoo clocks are also quite a bit silly, and so is reducing all of your hit points for an attack. You could say that it's a move to be reserved for a crucial hour- a time of great importance, when you have nothing else to lose. When the clock strikes midnight and all seems lost, you use Cuckoo attack at the last moment. I also imagine the foe's in for a bit of a surprise when they're hit by a move with 140 power.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    a lot of people here seem to have forgotten that there's an 8-character limit, likely including spaces.

FlyBlue

Working on Pokemon Dark Edition.
    Years
  • Wow! I wonder what the move will be called!
    Good Luck to everybody :smile:
    My suggestion is Halfpunch :laugh-squinted:

Wow! I wonder what the move will be called!
    Good Luck to everybody :smile:
    My suggestion is Halfpunch :laugh-squinted:

Looks in the comments!
    Sees AMAZING Move Names!
    Wow! I am so bad at making names!!!!
    :pink_disbelief:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back