• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon (Old) White

Years
Hacksrepairman I just came here because you finished Shiny Gold, that was really great, but this with Old White is such awesome - maybe you are the biggest hero here on PokeCommunity with just 54 posts, but with work thousands of people will love! :-)

Can you tell me - when there is may a new version in future with more bug fixes - can I use my old savestate when I start this game today or is it the only way to start from beginning then?

And is the Johto / Kanto map the same as in Shiny Gold? Because this hack is inspired by Zel's work afaik, so can you say it feels the same playing Johto / Kanto as in Shiny Gold? So it is Shiny Gold with extra story at the beginning?!

I love what you do with old hacks - what are your ohter projects in future? Can you tell maybe a bit? Your projects are a bit like a revolution in the world of custom roms, because there are so many lovely projects, some of them maybe can be better than all finished projects today when you finished them, so please go and make all of us happy! :-)

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hey y'all I have a small doubt. I'm currently in steel City doing errands by delivering items
I got a Pokédoll from one of the NPC's. To whom should I give this Pokédoll to, and where exactly? Thank you!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
I come here to say thank you to hacksrepairman :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 20, 2023
How do you get thru steel City because I try talking to the rockets near the southern part of the city and my game freezes, what do I do from here?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm sorry to post again, but can someone please tell me how I can through steel City? There are so many delivery sidequests and I'm utterly clueless on how to progress. I tried looking up a walkthrough on YouTube but they were all of the old version in which steel City was considered to be extremely glitchy. Can someone please lend a helping hand? Thank you!

Years
Same problem here - I made the gym and after it there is something with the Poke Doll I think. I will check whole city again, Team Rocket is still there and some guards save one place. I think it is about that, but till here I really love this awesome game :-)
From whitch NPC did you get the Doll? I think I know who is asking for it!

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Same problem here - I made the gym and after it there is something with the Poke Doll I think. I will check whole city again, Team Rocket is still there and some guards save one place. I think it is about that, but till here I really love this awesome game :-)
From whitch NPC did you get the Doll? I think I know who is asking for it!

Unfortunately I can't seem to quite remember, urgh. I was playing it on fast forward. Have you managed to get through steel City?

Years
No, I think I have to find the doll first. In the middle of the city is a girl who asked for it. So I will check the whole city later to find the doll. I also played some parts in steel city on fast forward (4x) to get faster from one point to another or to grind my Pokemon in the park - around lv.40 and 18 hours of play is very massive for only one badge. :D

Edit: Okay, here we go - first you have to buy a moon stone and give it to the guy next to the old arena to get leftovers. Give the leftovers to the fat guy near the western market to get the poke doll. The poke doll is for the lady in the centre of the city above the new arena. But she needs some flowers, too. The flowers you can get in the northern city from the girl with the Sudowoodo. Finally you get the heart scale. This one is for the guy in front of the train station.

Then you have to go to seaside village - in the west there is the brother of the guy from the train station. He gives you a parcel to bring it back to his broter - back to steel city again...and one our later I get it - the boat ticket. So let's see how the game goes on, but this shound be the way to go on :-)

Edit2: All fine, I am in New Bark Town now and get the Tri Pass to go to Kanto. But I will play the game now in the "GSC" order, first Johto, Kanto after. Found 2 minor bugs:
- Blackscreen in Cherrygrove City Market
- Game Freezes after healing Pokemon in western PokeCenter in Steel City after getting the boat pass, may hacksrepairman can fix it :)

22h hours of great gaming so far, 5 Pokemon on Lv.40, still just one badge and so much fun :-)

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
No, I think I have to find the doll first. In the middle of the city is a girl who asked for it. So I will check the whole city later to find the doll. I also played some parts in steel city on fast forward (4x) to get faster from one point to another or to grind my Pokemon in the park - around lv.40 and 18 hours of play is very massive for only one badge. :D

Edit: Okay, here we go - first you have to buy a moon stone and give it to the guy next to the old arena to get leftovers. Give the leftovers to the fat guy near the western market to get the poke doll. The poke doll is for the lady in the centre of the city above the new arena. But she needs some flowers, too. The flowers you can get in the northern city from the girl with the Sudowoodo. Finally you get the heart scale. This one is for the guy in front of the train station.

Then you have to go to seaside village - in the west there is the broter of the guy from the train station. He gives you a parcel to bring it back to his broter - back to steel city again...and one our later I get it - the boat ticket. So let's see how the game goes on, but this shound be the way to go on :-)

Edit2: All fine, I am in New Bark Town now and get the Tri Pass to go to Kanto. But I will play the game now in the "GSC" order, first Johto, Kanto after. Found 2 minor bugs:
- Blackscreen in Cherrygrove City Market
- Game Freezes after healing Pokemon in western PokeCenter in Steel City after getting the boat pass, may hacksrepairman can fix it :)

22h hours of great gaming so far, 5 Pokemon on Lv.40, still just one badge and so much fun :-)

Yooooooooooo! Thank you so so much!

Years
Bugs report so far:
- Blackscreen in Cherrygrove City in all buildigs except the PokeCenter
- Game Freezes after healing Pokemon in western PokeCenter in Steel City after getting the boat pass
- Entering the name rater building in Goldenrod City and leave it bring you to Lavender Town

So far, I'll check what's up while playing the game and post it here to fix it. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
How do you get thru steel City because I try talking to the rockets near the southern part of the city and my game freezes, what do I do from here?
I think that wasn't possible, but still, I did something to make sure that won't happen.

Bugs report so far:
- Blackscreen in Cherrygrove City in all buildigs except the PokeCenter
- Game Freezes after healing Pokemon in western PokeCenter in Steel City after getting the boat pass
- Entering the name rater building in Goldenrod City and leave it bring you to Lavender Town

So far, I'll check what's up while playing the game and post it here to fix it. :)

Thanks, and I have fixed this just now. What's more, I think I should thank you for telling people how to get the ticket.

This hack was pretty interesting, but, it's a pity that it was never finished. And it was pretty glitchy because the creator abandoned it, many things are unplayable because of that. So I think it should be fixed.

Not like other fixed versions I made, this one is pretty special. According to the story, the hack was supposed to contain four regions: Denta, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. The whole Denta and two towns of Johto were finished by the original creator, but they were very, very glitchy, so they were unplayable. I have fixed the broken things and added the whole Johto and Kanto, as for Hoenn, for many reasons, I can't add the whole region, so there are only two towns of Hoenn available in this hack. But, I guess 19 badges are pretty enough for players.

I have fixed these things:
1. The whole Steel City
2. Added Flying points for three towns of Denta.
3. Olivine City and Ecruteak City
4. Lilycove City

I have added these things:
1. The whole Johto and Kanto, 1 town of Hoenn.
2. Some legendary Pokemon events.
3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file

The patch is updated, I fixed the following bugs:
The broken houses in Cherrygrove.
The name rater's house in Goldenrod City.
The Pokemon Center in Steel City.
Now you can enter the trade center earlier(It will be available after the phone call from Zach, in the previous version, you can only go there after you get the Tri Pass).

The old link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file

Years
Hey hacksrepairman, thanks for fixing the bugs. But I must tell you there are some more bugs:

- After entering the trade center I can't go out, when I go to the door from inside I run against the wall/door
- After beating the gym in Ecruteak City and pass some places I only can enter with surf my Pokedex was filled with some Pokemon I've never catched (Lugia, Starmie und Hoppip so far), but I can't guess when this happened exactly
- When entering the Ilex Forest from Azalea Town there is a guy looking the same as the protagonist. He offeres you to heal your Pokemon, then the game chrashed. When you leave Ilex Forest he isn't here for some reason, but come back when you entering again later
- I can't use HM Cut after beating the gym in Azalea Town, normally you optian this option after second badge in Johto
- There is no HM Flash in Bellsprout Tower so I can't light up Dark Cave etc. Is it normal or did you forget it to put there? And I also miss a Town Map, may this be helpful especially at the beginnig of the adventure.

Now five badges, nearly 30 hours and still one of the best Pokemon games I've ever played :-)

Edit: And one more bug: Using the Tri-Pass to ship with the boat to Vermilion City will end in surf on water outside the map, may there is a "???" encounter, the game crashes or you just swim around and can't get back

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Hey hacksrepairman, thanks for fixing the bugs. But I must tell you there are some more bugs:

- After entering the trade center I can't go out, when I go to the door from inside I run against the wall/door
- After beating the gym in Ecruteak City and pass some places I only can enter with surf my Pokedex was filled with some Pokemon I've never catched (Lugia, Starmie und Hoppip so far), but I can't guess when this happened exactly
- When entering the Ilex Forest from Azalea Town there is a guy looking the same as the protagonist. He offeres you to heal your Pokemon, then the game chrashed. When you leave Ilex Forest he isn't here for some reason, but come back when you entering again later
- I can't use HM Cut after beating the gym in Azalea Town, normally you optian this option after second badge in Johto
- There is no HM Flash in Bellsprout Tower so I can't light up Dark Cave etc. Is it normal or did you forget it to put there? And I also miss a Town Map, may this be helpful especially at the beginnig of the adventure.

Now five badges, nearly 30 hours and still one of the best Pokemon games I've ever played :-)

Edit: And one more bug: Using the Tri-Pass to ship with the boat to Vermilion City will end in surf on water outside the map, may there is a "???" encounter, the game crashes or you just swim around and can't get back

Thanks for telling me about these, now I have fixed most of them except this one:

I have no idea about how that happened, so there's no way I can fix this, sorry. By the way, you need Jasmine's badge to use Cut instead of Bugsy's badge. As for the Town Map, I assume the creator didn't want to make it obtainable, so I didn't add it. If you want to find out where you are, you can check out the town maps in Pokemon Centers.

This hack was pretty interesting, but, it's a pity that it was never finished. And it was pretty glitchy because the creator abandoned it, many things are unplayable because of that. So I think it should be fixed.

Not like other fixed versions I made, this one is pretty special. According to the story, the hack was supposed to contain four regions: Denta, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. The whole Denta and two towns of Johto were finished by the original creator, but they were very, very glitchy, so they were unplayable. I have fixed the broken things and added the whole Johto and Kanto, as for Hoenn, for many reasons, I can't add the whole region, so there are only two towns of Hoenn available in this hack. But, I guess 19 badges are pretty enough for players.

1. The whole Steel City
4. Lilycove City

3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file
Thanks to @spider2MW's help, more glitches are discovered. I have fixed the following things:
The wrong height value of the trade center's exit.
The wrong warp script for Vermilion City.
The wrong flag for the elder of Sprout Tower.
The glitched person event in the union gate of Azalea Town.
The old download link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file

Years
Hey hacksrepairman, thanks for your help. Sorry for that, but I have to tell you some more bugs:

- In sprout Tower in the 3rd floor (I think) there is an overworld sprite who looks the same as the one from the protagonist. But when you wanna talk to him you just get an item
- Also in sprout Tower I can pick up the item on the left of the upper floor more than one time
- The rocket guy in Ecruteak City also runs into you after defeating Giovanni when you go through the gate from 37 to Ecruteak City and says the same as before starting the quest

And thanks for your help with HM Cut. In total I have now 7 Badges, I think the rest is easier to past from no on, with only a few events and a Team around Lv.50 it's should be easy. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Hey hacksrepairman, thanks for your help. Sorry for that, but I have to tell you some more bugs:

- In sprout Tower in the 3rd floor (I think) there is an overworld sprite who looks the same as the one from the protagonist. But when you wanna talk to him you just get an item
- Also in sprout Tower I can pick up the item on the left of the upper floor more than one time
- The rocket guy in Ecruteak City also runs into you after defeating Giovanni when you go through the gate from 37 to Ecruteak City and says the same as before starting the quest

And thanks for your help with HM Cut. In total I have now 7 Badges, I think the rest is easier to past from no on, with only a few events and a Team around Lv.50 it's should be easy. :)

Thank you a lot, I have removed the two items in Sprout Tower since that seemed to be the only safe way to fix the bugs. As for the Ecruteak City glitch, that didn't happen to me so I have no idea about how to fix that one yet.

Two more glitches were discovered and fixed just now, I think the old link still works:

Years
Thank you again, your work is so amazing, I would pay you to finish a lot of older great hacks if I could. There are so many great things where you can only through 1 or 2 cities but with so much potential.

So I have to play on may finding some more bugs. :D For me moment I cateched Suicune and Celebi, looking up to more legendaries. :)

Last edited:
Years
Hallo again hacksrepairman, I must say HM05 is Dig and not Flash, also cool but not what I need for Dark Cave etc. - Can you fix it please? :-)

Edit: TM 07 is known as Flash in the List, but it should be another move I think, you earn the TM from Pryce. And there is also a mistake about TM 01, you earn it from Chuck and it should be Dynamicpunch, but is it Ancientpower. And the description of Ancientpower is also wrong I think. But you get Ancientpower much earlier in the story, so there is the question what TM 01 origininally shound be, Ancientpower or Dynamicpunch?

And there are some items in the B1F floor of the Goldenrod City Shopping Centre, but I can't get them because there is no way to go from the underground. What's about that?

Edit2: There are some missing Flying Points, Blackthorn City and Mahogany Town are missing, also one of the towns in the first region I think. I went down from Blackthorn City south on the right way, on the left there was something special I want to catch. :-)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Hallo again hacksrepairman, I must say HM05 is Dig and not Flash, also cool but not what I need for Dark Cave etc. - Can you fix it please? :-)

Edit: TM 07 is known as Flash in the List, but it should be another move I think, you earn the TM from Pryce. And there is also a mistake about TM 01, you earn it from Chuck and it should be Dynamicpunch, but is it Ancientpower. And the description of Ancientpower is also wrong I think. But you get Ancientpower much earlier in the story, so there is the question what TM 01 origininally shound be, Ancientpower or Dynamicpunch?

And there are some items in the B1F floor of the Goldenrod City Shopping Centre, but I can't get them because there is no way to go from the underground. What's about that?

Edit2: There are some missing Flying Points, Blackthorn City and Mahogany Town are missing, also one of the towns in the first region I think. I went down from Blackthorn City south on the right way, on the left there was something special I want to catch. :-)

Some of the TMs seem to be glitched since I found that there're two TMs for Flash, now I have fixed them all. So, TM07 is Hail, TM41 is Torment and HM05 is Flash, as for TM01, that one is supposed to be AncientPower, so I simply changed the gift TM from Chuck, now he gives you TM31 instead. As for the flying points, the one in Blackthorn City is fixed now, if you go back to that city and it will be fixed. However, I didn't change the amount of flying points, so there are some towns which don't have their own flying points, like Pallet Town, Cinnabar Island, Seaside Village, Mahogany Town and Cherrygrove City. It's pretty easy to reach these towns without Fly, so I see no reason to give them flying points. What's more, I have removed the useless box on the B1F of Goldenrod Dept. Store.

1. The whole Steel City
4. Lilycove City

3. player's sprites

Screenshots:
gfTaPX8.png

Download link:

Some more glitches were discovered by @spider2MW, so I have updated the patch once again, the old download link still works:

Last edited:
Back