• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon (Old) White

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
I had just finished polishing up the walkthrough to cover the 18 January update when I popped into the thread and saw that Hacksrepairman had released yet another update 😅 so I had to scramble. Here it is, the walkthrough covering the 27 March 2023 update:

https://archive.org/download/pokemo...ta 1.2 [27 March 2023 Hacksrepairman Fix].rar

In the RAR you'll find the walkthrough text document, screenshots of hidden item locations and a couple of short video clips showing the solutions to the spinner tile puzzles in the Warehouse on Unknown Island. As always, thanks to Foullump for the game and to Hacksrepairman for the updates. Cheers.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
Sorry for the double post, but I just spotted several minor glitches and fixed them. Also, I have made Mr. Pokemon on Route 30 sell some useful items like Exp. Share, and a TM seller was added in Viridian Battle room, which makes it possible to buy all kinds of TMs. But it is only accessible after the battle on Mt. Silver. The old download link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old+White+By+Foullump+Fixed.ips/file
I noticed the slowpoke still evolved with slowking by trade was that intended also some evolution like omanyte and kabuto were at 40 and 30 was that intended too?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I had just finished polishing up the walkthrough to cover the 18 January update when I popped into the thread and saw that Hacksrepairman had released yet another update 😅 so I had to scramble. Here it is, the walkthrough covering the 27 March 2023 update:

https://archive.org/download/pokemo...ta 1.2 [27 March 2023 Hacksrepairman Fix].rar

In the RAR you'll find the walkthrough text document, screenshots of hidden item locations and a couple of short video clips showing the solutions to the spinner tile puzzles in the Warehouse on Unknown Island. As always, thanks to Foullump for the game and to Hacksrepairman for the updates. Cheers.
This walkthrough is so detailed, even I have found something I might need to fix thanks to this walkthrough, I will update the patch once more for several glitches you mentioned but I couldn't spot in the previous patch, thanks a lot.

I noticed the slowpoke still evolved with slowking by trade was that intended also some evolution like omanyte and kabuto were at 40 and 30 was that intended too?
I guess that came from the old v1.2 which I forgot to fix, now that's fixed. Slowpoke should be able to evolve into Slowking by using Water stone now.

Thanks to jiangzhengwenjzw's help, many glitches which were impossible for me to deal with were taken out, like the limit of flying spots from the original game and the expanded amount of the badges couldn't be shown properly. Thanks to his help, this patch can be updated once again. And also, I must thank thctbm for testing this new patch, many glitches were spotted thanks to thctbm's help.

The patch was updated again for adding/fixing these:
You couldn't fly to several towns, now this is fixed.
Now the amount of yout badges will be shown properly.
Many bugfixes, mostly minor ones.
Added two sidequests which can be triggered after the main storyline, which made Mewtwo, Latias and Latios catchable.

Old%20White%20By%20Foullump%20Fixedbn.PNG

The old link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old_White_By_Foullump_Fixed.ips/file
The patch was updated to fix several glitches including the glitch which makes Slowpoke unable to evolve into Slowking, the old link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/iz2zx4sfdyp0i49/Old+White+By+Foullump+Fixed.ips/file

Years
Hey guys, just wanna say a big "THANK YOU" to you for updating this awesome hack and the super detailled walkthrough. I remember playing this hack back in 2019, the beginning of the game was super awesome and I am so glad to finally see story in the game for Johto and Kanto. The old mechanics, matched with added moves, a style like Shiny Gold (as you may know, one of my favourite hack for many reasons) and the custom area and story. And not to forget the pure length of the game, so much badges and other stuff to do.

@Hacksrepairman: So you gonna make one (final?) update to fix some things you found out cause of the walkthrough? I know a project like this is never finished, but I wanna play and enjoy this game in the final and best version if possible.

Again, big probs to you, highly underrated game, maybe in this form the best out of all the old ancient hacks!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hey guys, just wanna say a big "THANK YOU" to you for updating this awesome hack and the super detailled walkthrough. I remember playing this hack back in 2019, the beginning of the game was super awesome and I am so glad to finally see story in the game for Johto and Kanto. The old mechanics, matched with added moves, a style like Shiny Gold (as you may know, one of my favourite hack for many reasons) and the custom area and story. And not to forget the pure length of the game, so much badges and other stuff to do.

@Hacksrepairman: So you gonna make one (final?) update to fix some things you found out cause of the walkthrough? I know a project like this is never finished, but I wanna play and enjoy this game in the final and best version if possible.

Again, big probs to you, highly underrated game, maybe in this form the best out of all the old ancient hacks!

For now, the current update should be final because most glitches mentioned in the walkthrough were fixed by the time I updated it. So, I still have no plans to update it again recently unless new major glitches were discovered.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
For now, the current update should be final because most glitches mentioned in the walkthrough were fixed by the time I updated it. So, I still have no plans to update it again recently unless new major glitches were discovered.
Hi again found some more evolution with trade that being clamperl, probably evolve them by moon and sun stone.
Also there some pokemon that evolve early and don't know if they are intended that way besides teddiursa who evolves at 20 when it supposed to evolve at 30. Same Ponyta who evolves at 30 when it supposed to evolve at 40. Also Kabuto who is supposed to evolve at 40. Lastly Chikorita is suppose to evolve at 16 and Cyndaquil at 14.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hi again found some more evolution with trade that being clamperl, probably evolve them by moon and sun stone.
Also there some pokemon that evolve early and don't know if they are intended that way besides teddiursa who evolves at 20 when it supposed to evolve at 30. Same Ponyta who evolves at 30 when it supposed to evolve at 40. Also Kabuto who is supposed to evolve at 40. Lastly Chikorita is suppose to evolve at 16 and Cyndaquil at 14.

I have checked out all the evolution lines, those two should be the only ones which are not right, and I have fixed it just now. As for the other adjusted evolution methods, they came from the original v1.2 so I think it's better to keep them.

This walkthrough is so detailed, even I have found something I might need to fix thanks to this walkthrough, I will update the patch once more for several glitches you mentioned but I couldn't spot in the previous patch, thanks a lot.

I guess that came from the old v1.2 which I forgot to fix, now that's fixed. Slowpoke should be able to evolve into Slowking by using Water stone now.

The patch was updated to fix several glitches including the glitch which makes Slowpoke unable to evolve into Slowking, the old link still works:
The patch was slightly updated for fixing the evolution methods of Clamperl, the old link still works:

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
Had lots of fun messing with the hack, @hacksrepairman really did an amazing job putting all the pieces together as the bugs this thing had back on the day were no joke, it is true that many of the cities feel empty specially Cerulean on Kanto comes to mind or key buildings/landmarks for the regions are still not included on the game but there is much potential to keep improving things over the years, that Hoenn might be included at the end like the hack intented is a true gift for many of us old pokemon fans (hopefully Rustboro can be redone with more stuff,better tiles, opening Devon, more interactions etc) catching the remaining legendaries and possibly battling Red over there? Or save the pokemon master for the Sevii islands that I hope you are bold to include it hacksrepairman(as it is very difficult to understand Kanto without Sevii on the base games).

Other stuff I hope you add given time?
The Battle tower(you can put in Johto pure remake style), Contest hall and of course the Battle frontier.

@Allen Cedos guide was essential for the legendary hunting as I would have been completely lost as of where Groudon or Jirachi where, the Denta routes were the worst of the hack for me and trying to travel those Endless mazes nearly put me out of the hack only the guide pull me back to the experience was I read what was ahead.

Back