• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi! I'm new!

Years
  • I just joined a few days ago. I've been playing since Yellow, took a break from Black/White through X/Y, and fell back in love with the series with Sun. I'm thinking about revisiting the games I missed but I'm worried it might be impossible to transfer them to Ultra Sun.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome to PC! It's great to see more older fans sticking with the series. If you ever get the opportunity to play Black/White and Black/White 2, they are amazing games! Actually come to think of it, all the games in between B/W and X/Y are pretty great as well. I definitely recommend them. Is Vaporeon one of your favorite Pokemon? Your avatar is super cute! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, enjoy your stay :D

Years
  • Hey Rynne, welcome.

We're in similar shoes, except I never played any of the 3DS games until now. I just beat XY and currently playing ORAS, and will likely pick up US/UM soon.

With regards to transferring Pokemon, you can transfer from X/Y using PokeBank.

F̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶/̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶2̶ ̶D̶S̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶3̶D̶S̶/̶2̶D̶S̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶D̶S̶. See here for details.

Edit: Sorry I just realized I was thinking of the Gen IV games where you needed 2 systems. For Black/White you only need a 3ds/2ds to transfer upwards.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Jorvyn did a good job explaining how transfers work, so good luck there! The games are definitely worth playing either way imo, they're all very fun.

Welcome Rynne =)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Nice to meet you, Rynne! Pretty name. I'm glad Sun managed to spark your interest in the franchise again, and I hope this leads you to visit our forums more and more!

I highly recommend playing BW/BW2, as well as X/Y! Unova is a unique and extraordinary region, with even more content being included in the sequel! As for X/Y, the games are so colourful! What it lacks in difficulty, it makes up for in almost all other aspects! :)

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi Rynne! Your avatar is simply precious! Is Vaporeon your favorite Pokémon? Are you hyped for Sword and Shield? :)

Years
  • Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome to PC! It's great to see more older fans sticking with the series. If you ever get the opportunity to play Black/White and Black/White 2, they are amazing games! Actually come to think of it, all the games in between B/W and X/Y are pretty great as well. I definitely recommend them. Is Vaporeon one of your favorite Pokemon? Your avatar is super cute! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, enjoy your stay
    Thanks! Vaporeon is one of my favorites! I actually own White and White 2 but have never played them, so maybe it's time to poke around Unova.

Hey Rynne, welcome.

We're in similar shoes, except I never played any of the 3DS games until now. I just beat XY and currently playing ORAS, and will likely pick up US/UM soon.

With regards to transferring Pokemon, you can transfer from X/Y using PokeBank.

F̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶/̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶2̶ ̶D̶S̶ ̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶i̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶3̶D̶S̶/̶2̶D̶S̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶D̶S̶. See here for details.

Edit: Sorry I just realized I was thinking of the Gen IV games where you needed 2 systems. For Black/White you only need a 3ds/2ds to transfer upwards.
    Thanks for the tips! Looks like transferring is super simple as long as you stick with Generation V onward.

Nice to meet you, Rynne! Pretty name. I'm glad Sun managed to spark your interest in the franchise again, and I hope this leads you to visit our forums more and more!

I highly recommend playing BW/BW2, as well as X/Y! Unova is a unique and extraordinary region, with even more content being included in the sequel! As for X/Y, the games are so colourful! What it lacks in difficulty, it makes up for in almost all other aspects!

Looking forward to seeing you around!
    I've seen videos of X/Y and it looks so vibrant! Seems like there's a lot of available Pokémon too!

Hi Rynne! Your avatar is simply precious! Is Vaporeon your favorite Pokémon? Are you hyped for Sword and Shield?
    Vaporeon is one of my favorites! I usually try to fit one into my in-game team if I can. I'm excited about Sword and Shield, but the whole Galar Pokédex thing has me kind of nervous!

Back