• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
  • I've tested your battle engine (https://github.com/Skeli789/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade), I tried to compile 3 times the engine, and when I open de ROM "test.gba", appear the "2004 Game freak..." and then, the the game crashes with a black screen.

7TYmwsg.png
    mpPz9FA.png

cNyyUUy.png
    aTyTT6q.png

The code is inserted in 0x900000: (I'm using a clean ROM)
    oHPb5ld.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2019
    how long does alpha 1.2.5 go?
    also very amazing rom hack good job of making it really enjoying the story and the content :D

Years
  • Just finished playing through the alpha 1.2.5 version on my new 2DS and loved it!

Spotted a few issues with tiles to the north west during Challenge Road that appear above your player sprite and an out of place water tile in the SES Expressway south of Crater Town. Though I understand this alpha is a year or two old and you likely have these fixed.

On another note I noticed the clock in the top left hand corner of the screen while the start menu is in use is stuck on 12:00:00, this also applies to the Battle Tower demo too. Is this an issue because I'm playing using the 2DS virtual console instead of an emulator? and will it be fixed or effect my game play in any way when the full version is released?

Can't wait for the full release! Keep it up!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    The type effectiveness of my Volcanion shows
    fire 0.25.actually be super effective killed by Charizard's fire skill?
    What happened about this

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Patch doesn't work, the patcher keeps crashing when trying to patch the game.
    This issue has been fixed in the latest update.

Where od aloan vulpix
    Not in the original demo anymore, sorry! You can still get it in the Battle Tower Demo by buying a random Little Cup Pokemon.

I've tested your battle engine (https://github.com/Skeli789/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade), I tried to compile 3 times the engine, and when I open de ROM "test.gba", appear the "2004 Game freak..." and then, the the game crashes with a black screen.
    Please send me a PM on Discord so we can discuss this problem further.

how long does alpha 1.2.5 go?
    also very amazing rom hack good job of making it really enjoying the story and the content :D
    Up to just past the second Gym. Thank you! If you enjoy battling then I highly recommend playing the new Battle Tower Demo!

Just finished playing through the alpha 1.2.5 version on my new 2DS and loved it!

Spotted a few issues with tiles to the north west during Challenge Road that appear above your player sprite and an out of place water tile in the SES Expressway south of Crater Town. Though I understand this alpha is a year or two old and you likely have these fixed.

On another note I noticed the clock in the top left hand corner of the screen while the start menu is in use is stuck on 12:00:00, this also applies to the Battle Tower demo too. Is this an issue because I'm playing using the 2DS virtual console instead of an emulator? and will it be fixed or effect my game play in any way when the full version is released?

Can't wait for the full release! Keep it up!
    Most likely I fixed those bugs a while back. As for the time bug, it shouldn't be an issue with your 2DS. I used Ultimate GBA VC Injector to put the game on my 3DS, and the time-based features were working just fine. Please send me a PM so we discuss this further and try to figure out why your time isn't working.

The type effectiveness of my Volcanion shows
    fire 0.25.actually be super effective killed by Charizard's fire skill?
    What happened about this
    Are you by any chance fighting in an Inverse Battle?

UPDATE

v1.1.0 is out! This version includes:
    • Several bug fixes
    • Updated Pokemon spreads
    • The Smogon Monotype battle tier
    • Z-Crystals in the shop
    • Daily Legendary Pokemon in the shop
    • More Special Trainers
    • The ability for Special Trainers to actually fight you with legendary Pokemon in the Ubers and No Restrictions tiers.
    • A randomize music option which randomizes the song that will play at the beginning of each battle.

Years
  • Skeli, Finally I compiled your ROM base successfully.
    Iacabgg.png

I have a question, this base is compatible with the Leon Base?
    I have an advanced hack rom using the Leon Base, and i don't want to start my hack again.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Skeli, Finally I compiled your ROM base successfully.
    Iacabgg.png

I have a question, this base is compatible with the Leon Base?
    I have an advanced hack rom using the Leon Base, and i don't want to start my hack again.
    I'm glad you got it working! I'm not sure about the compatibility with his base. I tried to incorporate as many removals for old features as possible in the engine, so there's a chance it may work with his base. But you'll have to test it out and see for yourself.

UPDATE

v1.1.1 is out! This version includes various bug fixes and unlocks several more music tracks (thank you to Darkeon75 for getting these working properly).

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2020
    Hey, I'm loving this game, especially the zygarde cells feature. I had a few questions.
    1) Does the game include rowlet, litten and popplio,
    2) does the game include froakie or greninja
    3) I have the alpha 1.2.5 version and the game resets whenever I send out zygarde 10% is there a way I can work around this.

Again I love this game. Great job

Years
  • Can someone send a link containing patch 1.1.0? I've accidentally deleted my battery save file and loading my savestate on MyBoy! freezes the game on V1.1.1. Thanks in advance.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, so I'm currently playing the latest version of the battle power demo. I'm playing the Smogon OU tier and in double format. When j reached battle 20 again' Lixel, my screen goes blank but the music continues playing in the background.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Hey, I'm loving this game, especially the zygarde cells feature. I had a few questions.
    1) Does the game include rowlet, litten and popplio,
    2) does the game include froakie or greninja
    3) I have the alpha 1.2.5 version and the game resets whenever I send out zygarde 10% is there a way I can work around this.

Again I love this game. Great job
    1 & 2) The demo does not but they can be found in the Battle Tower Demo and will be in the full game.
    3) I believe it's permanently broken in the demo. I don't plan on updating the original demo in the future, but you can obtain a working Zygarde in the Battle Tower Demo.

Hey, so I'm currently playing the latest version of the battle power demo. I'm playing the Smogon OU tier and in double format. When j reached battle 20 again' Lixel, my screen goes blank but the music continues playing in the background.
    Thank you for reporting this! It's been fixed in the latest update.

UPDATE

v1.1.2 is out! This version includes:
    Some PC box memory has been shifted around. Any Pokemon in Boxes 22-24 need to be moved out of those boxes before updating (otherwise they will be lost). Make sure to also speak to the daily BP event nurse after updated to fix any broken data in these boxes.
    • The Battle! Team Flare Grunt, Battle! Guardian Deity, and Battle! Galar Wild Pokemon music themes have been added in. Thank you again to darkeon75 for getting these to sound good!
    • Single & Double Battle AI improvements.
    Red makes his appearance in the Battle Tower.
    • Type effectiveness (+STAB) is now indicated on the move menu when selecting a move.
    • Random Single & Double battles have been added in. In these battles, a new team of Pokemon is given to you before each battle. Any tier can be fought with these random Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    Your savefile from the last version should work with the new version & as Skeli Said remember to remove any Pokemon form boxes 22-24 before updating
    Yea i tried to patch the new Battle Tower patch over my current file but it said they don't match

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    You have to patch a fresh rom, you can't patch a rom that's already patched.

Then whats the point of moving pokemon out of boxes 21-24 if i gotta restart?im trying to ask how to i keep my current file but also move to the next update

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2023
    Yea i tried to patch the new Battle Tower patch over my current file but it said they don't match

You need to patch the new patch over a clean fire red rom and then use your previous save file , make sure they have the same names

Back