• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Hi, I just wanted to ask if LunarIPS works with Windows 10, or am I doing something wrong? I have all the things installed, but the "apply IPS patch" button doesn't bring up that second window like it's supposed to; nothing happens when I click it. The same thing happens with a few other older softwares in Win10, including VBA itself (I switched to VBA-M, which works fine now).

This hack looks amazing and I'd love to try it out, but I'm having issues with the patcher ;-;

Years
Hi, I just wanted to ask if LunarIPS works with Windows 10, or am I doing something wrong? I have all the things installed, but the "apply IPS patch" button doesn't bring up that second window like it's supposed to; nothing happens when I click it. The same thing happens with a few other older softwares in Win10, including VBA itself (I switched to VBA-M, which works fine now).

This hack looks amazing and I'd love to try it out, but I'm having issues with the patcher ;-;

I use windows 10 myself and I've never had issues with Lunar IPS or VBA to my knowledge. Could try downloading the program from the official site (https://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lips/)

If you are still having problems, you could try the UPS patching program, it might work for IPS files as well.

Let me know if you figure out a solution so I can add it to the README

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Weird. I guess it's just a weirdly specific problem on my end, 'cause Google has not been helpful. I'm assuming there's another process blocking programs from opening additional windows, but I have no idea what it would be.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
Aha! That did it, thank you for that. Still not sure what my issue is, but I'll keep looking into it. Thanks for the workaround, I really appreciate it!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 15, 2024
WOW, this is the hack i was looking for! it doesn't need all 890 Pokémon, but i would add just new evolutions and preevolutions of later gens, as well as power up some Pokémon that need it, like Linoone or Ledian.

Years
WOW, this is the hack i was looking for! it doesn't need all 890 Pokémon, but i would add just new evolutions and preevolutions of later gens, as well as power up some Pokémon that need it, like Linoone or Ledian.
Adding the cross gen evos MAYBE but no plans as of now. Changing stats? Hard no. I feel that would break from the vanilla game too much
Do you think you can add new moves and items?
New moves only if I add in cross gen evos, so only maybe. New items almost certainly not

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Hello sir, your hack rom is what i was looking for.. perfect, i have just few requests.. simple i think

Could you realease a patch with the ``original`` sprites? im really looking for it, since i hate the fact the modified sprites from blaziken looks retarted chicken lol
EDIT: OMG THE ORIGINAL SPRITES!! BEST ROM EVER...

V the most important i think

> mirage island: i dont like the fact ``legendary pokemon`` spawn like regular... make it like the original obtain thrw ticket ``receive the tickets from a quest or a npc hidden`` include zapdos, lugia etc.. (only 1 one legendary pokemon per game) (like firered throwback)

ex: Old Sea Map: replaces the Nugget in Aqua Hideout (Electrode room) AuroraTicket: Artisan Cave, big room MysticTicket: Abandoned Ship, replaces the unneeded Escape Rope before diving Eon Ticket: Route 110, replaces the Rare Candy surfing spot.

> make abbility swittch, level 50 instant and iv or ev (i dont remember) optional (some ppl like original vanilla)

i just want this, the rest is perfect, very nice job!!! please

Last edited:
Years
Hello sir, your hack rom is what i was looking for.. perfect, i have just few requests.. simple i think

Could you realease a patch with the ``original`` sprites? im really looking for it, since i hate the fact the modified sprites from blaziken looks retarted chicken lol
EDIT: OMG THE ORIGINAL SPRITES!! BEST ROM EVER...

V the most important i think

> mirage island: i dont like the fact ``legendary pokemon`` spawn like regular... make it like the original obtain thrw ticket ``receive the tickets from a quest or a npc hidden`` include zapdos, lugia etc.. (only 1 one legendary pokemon per game) (like firered throwback)

ex: Old Sea Map: replaces the Nugget in Aqua Hideout (Electrode room) AuroraTicket: Artisan Cave, big room MysticTicket: Abandoned Ship, replaces the unneeded Escape Rope before diving Eon Ticket: Route 110, replaces the Rare Candy surfing spot.

> make abbility swittch, level 50 instant and iv or ev (i dont remember) optional (some ppl like original vanilla)

i just want this, the rest is perfect, very nice job!!! please

I... Can barely follow what you're saying

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 25, 2020
First of all, thank u so much both for this hack and taking the time to make a moemon patch for it!

It looks like jirachi and deoxys's sprites are broken in the patch; on jirachi the colours looks wierd and inverted and deoxys is a further miscoloured jirachi. I have the correct sprites, would fixing that be as simple as opening the rom in a sprite editor and changing it, or is there more to it than that? I'd like to fix them but I dont know the first place to start.

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
I found a bug in lavaridge gym
There is a trainer named bug maniac Jeffrey. He has a team full of lv 38 bug pokemon, 5 i think. Gym leader average is 26. Thats not cool :(

Can you explain about the day night system?
I Use a RG300 to play, i think it doesnt have a rtc clock, because when i save the game, and reset, the clock back to the original position, the D/N is based on the clock or no?

Last edited:
Years
First of all, thank u so much both for this hack and taking the time to make a moemon patch for it!

It looks like jirachi and deoxys's sprites are broken in the patch; on jirachi the colours looks wierd and inverted and deoxys is a further miscoloured jirachi. I have the correct sprites, would fixing that be as simple as opening the rom in a sprite editor and changing it, or is there more to it than that? I'd like to fix them but I dont know the first place to start.

I'm glad you are liking it :) I am well aware of the broken sprites and will be fixed in the next update
I found a bug in lavaridge gym
There is a trainer named bug maniac Jeffrey. He has a team full of lv 38 bug pokemon, 5 i think. Gym leader average is 26. Thats not cool :(

Can you explain about the day night system?
I Use a RG300 to play, i think it doesnt have a rtc clock, because when i save the game, and reset, the clock back to the original position, the D/N is based on the clock or no?

That Bug Trainer has been a thorn in my side, every time I think I fix it he reappears, next update SHOULD finally get rid of him but we'll see.

The Day/Night System is tied to your system time, I don't know if the RG300 has an internal clock but if it doesn't, then the Day/Night System won't function. Same with the in game clock

darthbr

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Fortree gym is glitchy? Or its my game? Im. Not using day night ssystem

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Adding the cross gen evos MAYBE but no plans as of now. Changing stats? Hard no. I feel that would break from the vanilla game too much

New moves only if I add in cross gen evos, so only maybe. New items almost certainly not

Do u mean Weavile, Mamoswine and others? I really like your hack, it has all the things that i was looking for. I hope that you will continue to update cause it's a good hack. Have a nice day :)

Last edited:
Years
Fortree gym is glitchy? Or its my game? Im. Not using day night ssystem
Nope not just you, open up your bag and it goes away

Hey, is it possible to remove the National Dex feature? :)
It could be done but I don't think I will make an option for it, after all it's a 386 hack

Do u mean Weavile, Mamoswine and others? I really like your hack, it has all the things that i was looking for. I hope that you will continue to update cause it's a good hack. Have a nice day :)
Yes exactly those! Glad you are enjoying it!

Years
It could be done but I don't think I will make an option for it, after all it's a 386 hack
Yeah it is but i want to create a Emerald hack with the regular Hoenn Dex first and after Elite 4 it should be National. I can't do the patch things for myself because i always be stuck on make.py when i want to do one of the patches.. And yours is almost perfect to begin with :D and Yape shows me -300something moves so i kinda cant edit moves from pokemon because i loose space. I fount it out once how to add more aviable moves but i forgot it.. I'm a newbie to the scripting and hex editing stuff, the only things that i know how to do is using yape, changing sprites and change maps with advance map ^^

Back