• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What is your current team?

Bay

Years
  • In the middle of the Champion Cup! My team right now

Connery- Inteleon, Lv 62 (named after classic James Bond actor Sean Connery)
    Ingrid- Corviknight, Lv 61 (first Pokemon named after Fire Emblem 3 Houses character)
    Roark- Colossal, Lv 62 (gym leader from D/P/Pt)
    Dedue- Shifty, Lv 62 (second 3 Houses character)
    Mercedes- Alcremie Lv 61 (third 3 Houses character)
    Caleb- Centiskorch, Lv 63 (wizard character from DnD liveshow Critical Role)

They're all pretty solid in terms of movesets and such, except for Mercedes where I only have one attacking move for her and the rest being status ones. She's still fun through lol.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Just reached Circhester!

Blu | Inteleon | 45
    Circe | Hattrem | 41
    Corvus | Corviknight | 44
    Hundstrom | Boltund | 46
    Bandit | Thievul | 46
    Trostani | Eldegoss | 44

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • EKzBbK1U0AAaKno

Boltund
    Stunky
    Raboot
    Steenee
    Tranquill
    Quagsire

I love my current team. <3 I'm very proud of it atm! Here's to not having to restart my entire game

Years
  • Update:

Heading for Circhester, my team is now (now with genders and natures):

Inteleon, level 44, male, Serious (holding Mystic Water)
    Arcanine, level 41, male, Quiet (holding Amulet Coin)
    Corviknight, level 42, male, Bold
    Obstagoon, level 42, male, Timid
    Toxtricity (Amped Form), level 41, female, Hasty
    Rillabom, level 41, female, also Hasty

Yes, someone had kindly surprise traded me a Grookey, just as I was thinking about my Grass team member on Saturday! He was nicknamed in Japanese though, and I really wanted a female, so I used my way too high-level surprise traded Ditto to make a few eggs. The first one came out female, and she's been brought up to speed and made a regular, all before the Motostoke Gym! The Exp. Candies were really useful for that.

I do really like Grookey and its evolutions and was tempted to pick one as my starter way back, so I'm all satisfied now.

Incidentally, the second half of my team totally looks like a band.😄

Last edited:

the sloth

is loafing around
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2020
    Haven't touched the game really since I beat the main game, don't know if I'll go through the effort of doing post-game, but here's my final team from my first proper playthrough of the game, in order of when I caught each.

Inteleon (M), Lv. 62, Mystic Water (Torrent)
    Froslass (F), Lv. 62, Wise Glasses (Snow Cloak)
    Tsareena (F), Lv. 62, Muscle Band (Queenly Majesty)
    Coalossal (F), Lv. 62, Rocky Helmet (Steam Engine)
    Perrserker (M), Lv. 61, Metal Coat (Battle Armor)
    Dracozolt (-), Lv. 63, Leftovers (Volt Absorb)

It's worth noting I let myself get leaked before the game came out, as at first I wasn't planning on buying the game but eventually caved since I wanted to give it a proper playthrough before passing criticism. As such, I planned out my team before jumping into the game.

I love Sobble, but really wasn't feeling its evolutions at all. Using Inteleon had me come around a little, but evolution-wise, I still think Cinderace is the best. Was mostly the pivot of the team, equipped with Sucker Punch for priority kills, Snipe Shot for solid damage, Soak for set-ups and U-Turn for switching into someone else easily. Often comboed Soak into Tsareena's Trop Kick on bulkier foes that Tsareena could take a hit from if she couldn't outspeed.

Froslass and Tsareena I had to get by using date manipulations in the Wild Area to find/catch. If nothing else, I can commend this game for actually letting me get an Ice-type early game, even if it still gates most of the new Ice types I wanted to try to late game, by the time I already finished my team. Had to go through a couple encounters to get a female Snorunt, and a few more to get a Bounsweet with Oblivious, which becomes Queenly Majesty once fully evolved.

Froslass was my special-based glass (or ice) cannon, able to deal good special damage with some coverage. Equipped with Psychic, Frost Breath, Shadow Ball, and Will-O-Wisp. Shadow Ball was Hex, but she got that move from leveling up during the championship fight. Oops.

Tsareena was the opposite, physical based instead of special, and still somewhat of a glass cannon but not as vulnerable as Froslass. She ran Trop Kick, Zen Headbutt, High Jump Kick, and Draining Kiss. Queenly Majesty was also great for snuffing priority moves, which happened more times than I thought it would.

Put Rolycoly onto the team because A) I rarely use Rock-types, B) I don't have to trade to fully evolve this one, thankfully, and C) Rock/Fire's a unique typing, and I needed the Fire type slot filled after I decided to stick with Sobble instead of Scorbunny. Had Body Press, Heat Crash, Tar Shot, and Stealth Rock. Proved to be the most bulky member of the team, surprisingly, was even decently fast without the Steam Engine boost. Had the most flexible role, as I could send it in as a lead with Stealth Rock or as a physical bulkster that took hits and hit them right back, whether with one of its two crushing moves or by setting up with Tar Shot into Heat Crash.

Found out you can get Galarian Meowth pretty early, right before the first badge, and I really like Regional Forms, so I decided to pick it up and get Perrserker. His usefulness kinda petered out by the end game when things were getting stronger/faster, but was still reliable through and through. His learnset could've been better, though. Early game I was using either Hone Claws, Iron Head, or Pay Day for cherrytapping, while by the end I was just always using Heavy Slam for STAB or SE damage.

And then Dracozolt, probably the one I spent the most time just trying to get. Drake Fossil is in Shield natively, but the Bird Fossil isn't as easy to get. Spent 30 minutes grinding Max Raid Dens and Rotom Rally to get watts to burn with the Digging Duo until I got it after twenty something digs, yeesh. Not the best Electric type or the best Dragon type, but was a solid member of my team. Ran with Brutal Swing, Discharge (Bolt Beak now, but only got it during the championship), Earth Power, and Breaking Swipe. Not gonna lie, they didn't really have much of a role on my team... I often just pulled them out to get experience, since it seems their leveling curve is slower than the rest of my teams, and my OCD hates when every member of my team isn't the same level.

Might revisit the game again someday, for no other reason than to just try more Pokemon I didn't the first time around that I wanted to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2020
    Charizard
    Shiny Charizard
    Pikachu
    Clefable
    Centiscorch
    Eternatus

For right now we want Venusaur and Blastoise really bad

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I just started a second playthrough last night. Picked Grookey as my starter, and caught a Chewtle on Route 3.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So I had trouble coming up with a single team with just new pokemon in the games, mainly because they were so late or were useless until they evolved. I still rotated though.

I just beat the League so...

For Semi Finals and Finals:
    Gardeviour
    Tsareena
    Scorbunny
    Aegislash
    Grapploct
    Drakloak (Which evolved during Raihan's final battle)

Champion Match and Current:
    Gardeviour
    Tsareena
    Scorbunny
    Aegislash
    Gallade
    Dragpult

In rotation:
    Grapploct
    Corviknight
    Hatterene
    Vanilluxe

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • my team is hilarious bc it's like all these punk ass lookin pokemon and then. alcremie. lol she's the lead singer of the punk band don't @ me. but anyway my team is cinderace, corviknight, toxtricity, alcremie, grimmsnarl, and obstagoon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2020
    Rillaboom, Corviknight, Centiskorch, Drednaw, Skuntank, and Obstagoon!

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2021
    My team right now is
    Rookidee (Nevermore)
    Galarian Zigzagoon (Stardust)
    Chewtle (Munchy)
    Sizzlepede (Briggs from Lethal Weapons)
    Still got to catch
    Digglet (Dian), and Pumkaboo (Umbra/Umber acceleratin according off male or female)

Years
  • Current team:
    Sylveon
    Galarian Rapidash
    Charizard or Ninetales
    Milotic
    Tsareena
    Flygon

I switch out as well with Toxtricity, Grimmsnarl and Zamazenta.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Just got Shield!!

Hlyyov the Sobble (M) (His name is "Sobble" in Atbash, because he's gonna be a spy. c: I guess it's pronounced...hil-ee-ov? Or more like heel-ee-ov, depending on your accent? I call him Hill for short.)
    Fenris the Yamper (F)

I also caught a Zigzagoon (F), named Beth - I've heard that going into the Wild Area really screws up your levels, so I've decided to catch some Pokemon specifically for the Wild Area apart from my main team. I really like the Galarian Zigzagoon line, and a bodyguard (eventually) seems like a pretty good candidate to accompany me through the perilous wilderness, thematically speaking, so...

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • My team in Sword right now is, (too lazy to list their nicknames rn)

Raboot
    Thievul
    Scraggy
    Hatenna.

Right now, I'm in Hammerlocke after beating the third gym, and I'm a very slow teambuilder. I'm gonna be catching a Sinistea at some point, so for now, this is my team until I find one. I'll just make whatever my sixth Pokemon.

Back