• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
Years
  • 1. If I update some of the .h files and want to add the changes to a rom that already has DPE and CFRU installed, would I just have to apply the changes to clean rom and then somehow transfer over the changes to my old rom? Or would it be okay to just use my old rom? Thanks.

2. For the form changes add-on, you have to specify an area in Ram for the Kyurem form changes. How do I find out what RAM is free to use?
    1. Best to never apply the CFRU again to a rom that already has it installed. It could cause unforseen issues. If you can, do your best to follow what is written in the documentation.
    2. The location where the old seen and caught Pokedex flags should do the trick. I don't believe I used that for anything.

Is it possible to edit type advantages through the engine? I see references to an attack bank and a def bank in the c code for damage calculation but can't seem to figure out where they are from. If not, is the type advantage chart repointed? I can't find it in the generated offsets file.
    Edit src/Tables/type_tables.h

Not sure if this was fixed (I'm using a month old repo) but Foul Play doesn't take into consideration the stat changes for the target. I used swagger three times on a Pokemon then used Foul Play but it did the same amount on the same Pokemon before I used Swagger.
    This has been fixed.

How exactly I can prevent the engine to compile some stuff I already have and I don't need, like the Dynamic pallettes or trainers with EVs?
    I'd advise against that. Part of each of those features has been modified, so they're different than what you already have installed.

where is the file/s with jpan specials? I want to try to edit the old man tutorial so it can take in custom backsprite locations.
    Also, am i doing this right? Just making sure i'm not commenting out anything that shouldn't be commented out. I'm basically trying to disable most of the later gen stuff as my hack will just be a recreation of pokemon yellow, no megas and such. By the way that branch is just for tracking edits for my hack, no prs planned(not like i really could anyways, i only know java).
    Look in src/scripting.c. Most of the JPAN specials were coded in that file.

Hello my people, I recently noticed that the gigantamax method is already included in the process and there is even already esmable of it.

Someone could give me a guide on how to make it work.
    It's not ready. I added a basic implementation of it that should work, but I have yet to actually test it out.

Probably, just make sure you insert it before.

Is there a way to change the National Pokédex order with the CFRU?
    Yeah, just edit include/constants/pokedex.h in the CFRU, and the equivalent file in the DPE.

When I try to install the BW Music patch, after doing so I get a white screenshot .. any solution?
    Unfortunately if you use the DPE that patch is impossible to use. There is simply not enough contiguous free space in the rom for it and the DPE to coincide.

Hi I'm With A Doubt It's been 2 months after I installed the CFRU But is it possible to change the follow me system for the pokémon to follow you?
    You can set it up to start when the player receives a Pokemon, and modify the functions to draw the sprite of the player's first Pokemon as opposed to the original follower character.

any way in the future you can make this more customizable, i.e. we can delete more features we don't need? I really appreciate the effort you put into this btw.
    Most of the features in this engine can be commented out if you don't want them already.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Does anybody know how to give tms a mystery byte of 1. Every time I try to use the reusable tms, the numbers on the tms are -1. For example, tm39 would equal tm38.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2020
    can someone help me when i try to generate my base rom from error 2 and talk about makefile ??

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    FireRed Complete Upgrate

Hello guys. I hope some of you may can help me. I'm trying to compile the FireRed Complete Upgrade but don't wok. Everytime that i use the comand "python scripts//make.py" the cmd shows: "Error! The assembler could not be located". I did everything that the tutorial says. I made the path for DevkitARM, installed python and renamed the ROM and put on the master folder. I don't know what to do anymore. Someone can help me? Or someone can compile for me? I really loved that hack and a want play it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hello guys. I hope some of you may can help me. I'm trying to compile the FireRed Complete Upgrade but don't wok. Everytime that i use the comand "python scripts//make.py" the cmd shows: "Error! The assembler could not be located". I did everything that the tutorial says. I made the path for DevkitARM, installed python and renamed the ROM and put on the master folder. I don't know what to do anymore. Someone can help me? Or someone can compile for me? I really loved that hack and a want play it.

Hi Mowtix. I've moved your question into the CFRU thread. Please don't start new threads to ask questions about tools that already have their own threads here.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Does anybody know how to give tms a mystery byte of 1. Every time I try to use the reusable tms, the numbers on the tms are -1. For example, tm39 would equal tm38.
    Start counting from 1, not 0.

can someone help me when i try to generate my base rom from error 2 and talk about makefile ??
    You need to run python scripts//make.py, not make.

The CFRU is not a game that you can just play. It's a tool meant for creating other hacks. Try restarting your computer in order to get it to work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    I hate to even ask for help but I have been trying to get this to work for almost 10 hours now and no matter how many times I reinstall the apps, go through the instructions, or read everyone's comments, I can't get make.py to find the source rom BPRE0.gba.

When I try to open it, it does nothing. But that is the error message I receive when I open cmd first and then try to run it.

Just to clear it up:
    I am using FR 1.0
    I don't have the name as BPRE0.gba.gba
    Using Python 3.7.6 and I've tested other programs on it to make sure it works

Honestly I'm just hoping someone else has had this issue and can maybe point me in the right direction on what to do

Thanks in advance

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • I hate to even ask for help but I have been trying to get this to work for almost 10 hours now and no matter how many times I reinstall the apps, go through the instructions, or read everyone's comments, I can't get make.py to find the source rom BPRE0.gba.

When I try to open it, it does nothing. But that is the error message I receive when I open cmd first and then try to run it.

Just to clear it up:
    I am using FR 1.0
    I don't have the name as BPRE0.gba.gba
    Using Python 3.7.6 and I've tested other programs on it to make sure it works

Honestly I'm just hoping someone else has had this issue and can maybe point me in the right direction on what to do

Thanks in advance
    You need to place a rom called BPRE0.gba (not BPRE0.gba.gba) in the root (main folder). A common mistake made is to place the rom in the scripts folder.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Right I'm fairly certain that I have all that. Here is a screenshot of my folder, is this correct?

Spoiler:

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
  • Right I'm fairly certain that I have all that. Here is a screenshot of my folder, is this correct?
    That's correct. The next common mistake is to run the script the from within the scripts folder. In order to compile the engine, you need to run the script from the root (open the command line/powershell from there).

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    -I want Complete Platinum Upgrade
    -I want Complete Heartgold Upgrade
    -I want Complete Black Upgrade
    -I want Complete Black 2 Upgrade
    -I want Complete Y Upgrade
    -I want Complete Omega Ruby Upgrade
    -I want Complete Sun Upgrade
    -I want Complete Ultra Sun Upgrade

ScizorBlade

Sup Dogg
    Years
  • Why this doesn't seem to work for me? After compiling this shows up...
    Complete FireRed Upgrade
    And wait. Before screaming,"Did you name the ROM as BPRE0.gba.gba?!"
    Have a look---
    Complete FireRed Upgrade
    Is there any way to solve this? Or does this engine simply hates me?
    Wait. Wait it's working! I mean not wholly, but I made a mistake myself. Well, I am a noob, I must not forget that either.

Last edited:

Hanu P

DRAGON GOD<3
    Years
  • @Scizor Blade
    Dude don't name it as BPRE0
    Name it as BPRE0.gba
    Hope this helps.
    U did name it BPRE0
    SEEN in screenshot

ScizorBlade

Sup Dogg
    Years
  • Hey I have a question. In the setup part in the Documentation, there is gMoveNames's data added to an offset in ROM 2. Is the same process to be repeated for every single feature in CFRU? And also, a pointer to that offset has been added to 0x148. Why 0x148? Why not some other offset?

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Hey I have a question. In the setup part in the Documentation, there is gMoveNames's data added to an offset in ROM 2. Is the same process to be repeated for every single feature in CFRU? And also, a pointer to that offset has been added to 0x148. Why 0x148? Why not some other offset?

This process is only for movesets. And 0x148 is the location of the pointer of move names. That's why you cannot select any offset you want.

Will it work with prof.leon das and Ultima soul's rombase?
    Will there be any glitches.....
    If you use that base you may need to update some features form source files to match your current ROM.

Back