• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Complete FireRed Upgrade

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
Years
  • I have the decompiled source code of FireRed (and made some modifications so that the final ROM had many offsets changed). How can I integrate CFRU to the non-vanilla source code? I'm afraid if I attempt to apply CFRU to the rebuilt ROM the data will be corrupted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    @RoadToCerulean

You (practically) can't. You have to choose between binary hacking and the decompilation projects, they can't be used interchangeably.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2022
    Go to src/Config.H and change the max level amount to your desire (The limit is 254 level).Do the same to the asm file.Then use
    Code:
    Python Scripts//clean.py
    then
    Code:
    Python Scripts//make.py
    in cmd

This works for just a single level doesn't it? How can I make a dynamic lvl cap?

Also i'm having problems with pop up abilities like sturdy and intimidate

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    When I used this for a personal hack on my dsi, the character's sprite moved really slow, but everything else worked fine. Is here a fix?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Hi all, I've been wanting to make a FR doubles hack with this engine, but binary hacking uhhhhhhh sucks.

Is there a way to implement CFRU into the decomp? If not, is there another engine I could use, or at least in the works?

Thanks!

Years
  • Hi all, I've been wanting to make a FR doubles hack with this engine, but binary hacking uhhhhhhh sucks.

Is there a way to implement CFRU into the decomp? If not, is there another engine I could use, or at least in the works?

Thanks!

Nope, most things being worked on in decomp is for emerald, and things that are being worked on for fire red are usually small

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    Hi all, So I recently added the Complete fire red upgrade to my 90% complete hack and it all worked perfectly......except for all my new rival battles? before applying the upgrade the scripts work fine but when i apply it, for some reason it stops working? any ideas why? Ive attached imagines of the script in Advanced map and Ive put the script down below.

Spoiler:

(I think it is the scripts that have "var number" in but not certain)

thanks for any help

Attachments

• this.PNG
      this.PNG
      27.9 KB · Views: 18
    • this 2.PNG
      this 2.PNG
      29.9 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    Does anyone know how to customize Gen 3 tools (G3T) so that it can see the expanded pokemon and moves from the DPE? I know it's in the customization folder but I don't know what to change?

Thank you

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2023
    I am trying to install this, and I am having some issues. With the link you put down for directions to download this, I am stuck on Step 8b. It is saying that it cannot find a source rom "BPRE0.gba" even though it is in the folder. Is this a common issue?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    this is probably a dumb question, but how do i add the fairy type to pokemon? i noticed clefairy is still normal type

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen today
    So, how would I go about just playing this as a ROM instead of having to do all the coding, if at all possible?

Days
    • Seen Feb 27, 2024
    Are you ever going to add the effects for gen 8 moves and things like avalanche and revenge. Im trying to add fishious rend and bolt beak but they dont seem to have effects. If you can tell me how to add the correct code myself ill take it. Thanks in advance.

Back