• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Pokemon Yellow Supreme

Years
  • Slightly edited Title Screen.

You can now play as Red from the Pokemon Adventures Manga

52020353419_4e00725b31.jpg

Pokemon, Level and Movepool from Rival, Gym Leaders and Elite 4 have been improved.

The DVs from all Trainers and their Pokemon have been increased.

All Pokemon, Level and Movepool from Trainers has been improved as well.

All Pokemon's Base Stats have been improved.

New features in the new release:

A couple more graphic improvements

Some bug fixes

New party menu sprites.

Some map improvements.

AI improvements on some more trainers (Eg. Jr Trainer uses Hyper Potion instead of Super Potion).

In-game trades have been changed.

51936989538_160060c401_b.jpg

Known Bugs/Inconsistencies:
    When one wall barrier on route 20 got removed the trainers would turn into professor oak when talking or encountering them. This has been fixed.
    Victory road tile thinking it's an object which blocks the player from getting to Indigo Plateau (Fixed in the updated release)

When facing one Bug Catcher on Viridian Forest in particular it causes the game to get corrupted slightly and also affects Pokemon in the 3rd and 6th slot. I checked and it seemed the Bug Catcher possibly had bad data so I replaced it with a Lass instead (Fixed, patch file updated)

Progress:
    Title Screen: 100%
    Default Moves: 100%
    Learnsets: 100%
    Wild Pokemon: 100%
    Map Layout: 100%
    Pokemarts: 100%
    Rival/Gym Leaders/E4 Pokemon Data: 100%
    Rival/Gym Leaders/E4 Movepool Data: 100%
    Trainer's Pokemon and Movepool Data: 100%

Tools used:
    Pokeyellow disassembly as reference
    Gold Finger.
    RBY Pokemon Wild Editor.
    GraphicsGale
    RBY Mart Editor.
    Poketext.
    AttackEditorGB.
    PokeEditGB.
    RBTitleScreenEditor.
    RBYGTradeEditor
    PikaMap.
    Tile Layer Pro.
    RBMap.
    Paint.NET.
    GIMP
    Tile Molester.
    Woodpression.
    Jigglypuff GB ASM Editor.

Download link:

Credits:

Game freak
    My mentor, main helper and for letting me use his Prototype Party Menu sprites: Danny-E 33.
    A bit of help with AI, movepool changes and sprite editing: SinisterHoodedFigure.
    For his amazing map editor: ShantyTown.
    A bit of help with ASM hacking: Crystal_.
    For creating the Pokemon Yellow Version font resource on Deviantart: Pia Carrot
    For his Dragonite and Mewtwo front sprite as a base: Chamber_
    To EeVeeEe1999, Galbert and Star★Gazaar for redrawing some really difficult front and back sprites.
    To Substitube for doing some slight adjustments/tweaks to my Gen 1 Pidgeot
    Special thanks to IIMarckus for his pokered and pokeyellow disassembly.
    To ChickasaurusGL for giving a very detailed explanation on the professor oak bug

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • New romhack? ...

Wmqmf0w.png

Approved!

Last time I played Blue Kaizo I almost cry because of the extremely high difficulty. Yours looks pretty interesting as well.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • I don't mean to be a downer, but I get the feeling that this is very similar to Blue Kaizo map-wise and movepool-wise.

I've played through Blue Kaizo entirely and even though I've stopped playing Yellow Kaizo right before Mt. Moon, this game looks like it's not offering much more compared to it's Blue counterpart.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I always appreciate difficulty hacks and this one looks nice. I'm not sure if I have it in me to play a gen one game one more time though. Especially if this plays a lot like Blue Kaizo. No offense.

Could we have a Github link or something? It would be nice to know what changes have been made to stats and movepools.

Years
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Thank you for sharing that and for making this game. I started playing this and it's visually pleasing.

It looks like Fury Cutter has a power of 40 and can hit two to five times? That's extremely cheap... And Aeroblast has a power of 150 with no drawback?

Last edited:

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • WARNING!

I'm back and I've found something that everyone who's planing on longplaying this ROM hack should know.

Spoiler:

Also, there are few inconveniences that I have found along the way

Spoiler:

I honestly liked playing Blue Kaizo for the most part. However, the issues I've found in this game hurts the fun factor that I've had for this game, even if it does have some nice devamps and menu sprites.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I appreciate the warning. I'm pretty far into the game and now I think I'll pause on this unless and until these issues are resolved.

This hack gets a lot of things right but frankly it seems arbitrary why certain Pokemon and moves were edited and others were not. I wish unhelpful TMs were edited and that the useful ones could be repurchased. It's weird that Mew is in the Safari Zone.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I appreciate the warning. I'm pretty far into the game and now I think I'll pause on this unless and until these issues are resolved.

This hack gets a lot of things right but frankly it seems arbitrary why certain Pokemon and moves were edited and others were not. I wish unhelpful TMs were edited and that the useful ones could be repurchased. It's weird that Mew is in the Safari Zone.

WARNING!

I'm back and I've found something that everyone who's planing on longplaying this ROM hack should know.

Spoiler:

Also, there are few inconveniences that I have found along the way

Spoiler:

I honestly liked playing Blue Kaizo for the most part. However, the issues I've found in this game hurts the fun factor that I've had for this game, even if it does have some nice devamps and menu sprites.

I apologize for all these issues and will get them fixed ASAP

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • I apologize for all these issues and will get them fixed ASAP

It's been 14 days.

I know I'm being slightly impatient, but when do you plan on fixing some of the issues present?

I see that you are also working on another hack called Kaizo Gold so I'm assuming pretty soon?

Years
  • It's been 14 days.

I know I'm being slightly impatient, but when do you plan on fixing some of the issues present?

I see that you are also working on another hack called Kaizo Gold so I'm assuming pretty soon?

I updated the download link. I have decreased the prices of healing items and balls. I have also made Agatha gym leader of Cinnabar Island and Blaine is now a part of the Elite Four. Gym leader Chuck is also Make sure to start a new game to enjoy the story of this hack

50531139667_72e08972cf_o.png
    50531139792_cf38b4de69_o.png
    50530981791_922fa3ae19_o.png
    50530981886_d28bab86d1_o.png

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • I updated the download link. I have decreased the prices of healing items and balls. I have also made Agatha gym leader of Cinnabar Island and Blaine is now a part of the Elite Four. Gym leader Chuck is also Make sure to start a new game to enjoy the story of this hack

50531139667_72e08972cf_o.png
    50531139792_cf38b4de69_o.png
    50530981791_922fa3ae19_o.png
    50530981886_d28bab86d1_o.png

Alright. I'll start playing this. Hope I have a good experience.

I didn't actually played it when I tried to get the screenshots. I just used cheat codes to get through the game to see if the champion levels were truly unchanged as seen in the Github.

I'm not sure if the healing items should be too cheap as it can get rid of the extra challenge of saving your money as well as the difficulty of the hack in general. This is especially true if healing items are allowed in battle (most hacks do). However, it's basically your choice when making this decision as you don't have to make the hack difficult and people can just choose to not use healing items in battle like myself.

As for the poke ball price, it is nearly a necessity unless you want to rely on RNG to catch certain Pokemon.

For example, you have ~3150p at the start. If the price was unchanged, you can buy 15 poké balls with that money. Say you wanted to catch one of the starters in one of the earlier routes. Even if lowered to 1% health, each ball only has an 18% chance to catch said starter. Not every Pokémon has a low chance of being catchable that is usable. If done on a Cubone or a Psyduck, it has a ~75% change to be watched per ball. You ideally want a few Pokémon for the first gym as the leader has a whopping team of 6 Pokémon. Therefore, being able to buy poké Balls at a lower price makes the early accessible starters worth catching instead of being an RNG trap.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    Great hack, enjoyed it so far. However, on my way to the Elite Four I get stuck before the Victory Road. There's an invisible wall blocking me from progressing. Is this by design or a bug?

51506860385_05c5a59a59_z.jpg

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I made the repo link private which is why the link doesn't work

So how do we view it? I'd love to play this game but I would like to see the changes to the Pokemon and their movesets first so I can plan my team how I did for Blue Kaizo and Crystal Kaizo... please and thank you!

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
    Years
  • Hello.

I tried your game for 10 minutes approximately, and I'm very dissapointed... I'll make this short.

What I really didn't like:
    - I caught a Nidoran(M) on Rotue 1, and it had Poison Fang, a move that didn't exist in Gen 1!!! (What would happen if I traded it to an original game? I don't want to think about it...) I want a game with real moves from the generetion's games (in this case, only Gen 1 moves since it's a Gen 1 game), and once I saw that "new" move, I immediately stopped playing and deleted the game... sadly...
    - The fact you buy a Pokémon for only 5$ makes the game too easy (and sleepy)...
    - The texts and dialogs seemed to be the exact same things as the original game...

Do I need to say what I liked? Well, to be short, the new sprites for some Pokémon (You did a very good job for this one! ;)) and the new moves added (except "new" moves from Gen 2+) from the Pokémon I saw...

Bref, I thought your game would be cool and different from the original in terms of movesets and contect (as long as it's Gen 1 compatible in all cases when we trade by using TGB DUAL), but I was mistaken (I don't blame you, maybe I missed something in the forum...) I cannot say if you made a good game or not, since I've been on it for only 10 minutes, but it's just not a game for me... sorry...

Have a good day "quand même"!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hello.

I tried your game for 10 minutes approximately, and I'm very dissapointed... I'll make this short.

What I really didn't like:
    - I caught a Nidoran(M) on Rotue 1, and it had Poison Fang, a move that didn't exist in Gen 1!!! (What would happen if I traded it to an original game? I don't want to think about it...) I want a game with real moves from the generetion's games (in this case, only Gen 1 moves since it's a Gen 1 game), and once I saw that "new" move, I immediately stopped playing and deleted the game... sadly...
    - The fact you buy a Pokémon for only 5$ makes the game too easy (and sleepy)...
    - The texts and dialogs seemed to be the exact same things as the original game...

Do I need to say what I liked? Well, to be short, the new sprites for some Pokémon (You did a very good job for this one! ;)) and the new moves added (except "new" moves from Gen 2+) from the Pokémon I saw...

Bref, I thought your game would be cool and different from the original in terms of movesets and contect (as long as it's Gen 1 compatible in all cases when we trade by using TGB DUAL), but I was mistaken (I don't blame you, maybe I missed something in the forum...) I cannot say if you made a good game or not, since I've been on it for only 10 minutes, but it's just not a game for me... sorry...

Have a good day "quand même"!

"The fact you buy a Pokémon for only 5$ makes the game too easy (and sleepy)...", My dude, have you ever played a Kaizo game before? They are brutal , the name Kaizo means unfair if I recall, but it's centred around that theme.

Years
  • I have also something to say in addition to Inner Rhymes's post. Note that I haven't played Yellow Kaizo, nor do I endorse kaizo games. Sorry if I come off as harsh.

• The texts and dialogs seemed to be the exact same things as the original game...: this is in Sideshow Showcase for a reason.
    • I caught a Nidoran(M) on Rotue 1, and it had Poison Fang, a move that didn't exist in Gen 1!!!: ...so what? It has a STAB to hit grass- and bug-types with. What's the problem? You can easily delete the move later if you don't want it. Trading is not necessary in romhacks; hell, no romhackers include trading in their romhack games.
    • I want a game with real moves from the generetion's games: you're better off playing vanilla RBY then. Or the RBY romhacks that you praise. Or your own romhacks.

Back