• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Journal] Aslan Plays Video Games: Pokecommunity Sims 4

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

I Put PC Members In The Sims 4: Part 1

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a household with other PC members? Wonder no more as I play the Sims 4 and manage the lives of 8 Sims who are based off of real PC members! I want to preface this by saying my experience with the Sims 4 is close to 0 so for the sake of everyone, I have let God take the wheel and granted my Sims full autonomy. I will still be able to control them but mostly will be leaving them to do what they please. You can think of this playthrough as a knock off version of Big Brother for the Sims (or the Hunger Games depending on how this plays out).

For context, I had too much free time on my hands this holiday so I asked people on PC's Discord to see who would be interested in being a part of my Sims 4 game. I decided to go with the first 7 people who were interested and this playthrough was born! This thread may be later used for other video games but for now will primarily be focused on the Sims 4.

So I want to preface this by introducing our Sims. Here is our first household photo together of many, I have since changed Mercury's outfit to be more accurate but otherwise the cast is as follows in the format of Sim name (PC username). From left to right, we have:

Aslan Plays Video Games: Pokecommunity Sims 4

PC Household Members:

Spoiler:

As an update, here is Merc's updated outfit to reflect his new style:
    Spoiler:

I also randomized each Sim's traits just to see what would happen and decided to go with what was generated. Some Sims ended up with extremely unfortunate personalities (I AM SO SORRY TYLER).

Traits:

Spoiler:

After creating the Sims, we had to pick a place to move to! I decided that it would be best for all the other Sims if we isolated ourselves for everyone's safety so after careful consideration the PokeCommunity Household packed their bags and moved to Oasis Springs. I thought about building a house from scratch for 2 seconds before deciding to illegally evict an otherwise innocent and unsuspecting family from their household. And thus, we now had a home in the middle of the desert. Buying it unfurnished, I now had $34,000 to help build our PokeCommunity members our dream home. Here is a cute picture of us in the process of moving:

I thought long and hard about the vision I had for this house, realised I had none and decided to create a starting house with the money I had. I decided that in the end I could go back and edit the house to look better once I had the money. For now though, our Sims would be living in a crossover between a boarding school dormitory and a prison but at least it was a home:

This ended up leaving me with less than $1,000 altogether which means that our Sims were already in danger before the game had even begun but I decided to keep going forward! Now that the house had been built, I could start the gameplay. And so Day 1 of life in the PC Sims Household began.

Day 1

So I spent a good hour in-game waiting for my Sims to start moving themselves and then realised I had chosen the option of no autonomy where I had to manually control all the Sims. After an exciting few hours of all of the Sims standing in a military formation outside without moving or speaking to each other, I realised this, changed the game options and moved them into the house.

By this time, it was already almost 5pm. I left the Sims alone to see what they would do and instantly, all of them decided to gather around the dining table and living area. Conversations started and the first relationships between the Sims in the household started forming! Within 2 minutes of this, there was the first sign of a potential romance in the house with flirting between Tyler and Mercury. I don't think either of them were too excited by this prospect:

Spoiler:

They then spent the next 10 hours all talking to each other to the point it was 2am. Unfortunately no one got into a fight, there were a few negative interactions going on but nothing too significant. During this time, some Sims decided they had enough of other people and we saw some Sims trying out the very exciting and many activities offered in the house (the treadmill was a fan favourite and so was the 1 book on our bookshelf). Cube, Tyler and Inky showed off their gym skills and did some cardio, Tom spent a lot of the time reading, there was a lot of bad music playing on the guitar by Sophie and Mercury and Karen and Austin mostly spent the time talking to different Sims in the household. There were a few moments of Sims feeling very Tense due to the extremely bad music.

At 4am I started getting concerned because all of my Sims were telling me they wanted food but everyone was being very difficult and not making themselves food. It turns out that having a fridge would be a good idea for meal preparation and that I had forgotten altogether to buy one. I bought us a fridge but this brought us down to $200 so I realised that it was time for all the Sims in the household to get a job. Everyone would have to start pulling their weight in this household!!!

After another 10 minutes of figuring out I had to move the desk to a place that the computer could be used by the Sims, our Sims were on their job hunt! I decided to choose fitting jobs for each Sim and our starting jobs were decided as follows:

Jobs:

Spoiler:

It was about 6am at this point so my Sims decided they'd had enough and gone to sleep. I decided to end the day there for now but not before taking this great screenshot of Austin's Sim making his way to bed:

Spoiler:

That's all for now but stay tuned for Part 2 to see whether our Sims will live or not! I may also be adding mods in the next update to make the game more interesting so stay tuned for potential supervillain/superhero Sims, possible cannibalism, multiple relationships and male pregnancy?! If anyone knows anything else that can be added or that they want to see as a mod, please let me know and I'll put it in.

Also in the highly likely event one of our Sims dies and you're interested in joining the PC household, please let me know and I'll be down to add you. So far Rabinov will be joining us next, probably extremely soon at this rate so look forward to that in the next update!!

Until next time!

Last edited:

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    This is the house we deserve and I cannot wait to watch us all one by one perish

Love this so far :femme2:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    with the cannibalism mod inky is going to eat everyone, so we'll get to the waitlist soon

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    What could have happened to require another update so soon? Surely I can't have killed off a Sim already? Haha… aha… no way… aha unless…????

Anyway for everyone who had full confidence in me killing one of our Sims, this update is dedicated to all of you:

They're all gonna die :D

This is the house we deserve and I cannot wait to watch us all one by one perish

with the cannibalism mod inky is going to eat everyone, so we'll get to the waitlist soon

(Special thanks to Tyler for also being a fan!)

I Put PC Members In The Sims 4: Part 2

So welcome to Part 2, the first proper update since we moved in! The PC Household started off normally at first as we eased into Day 2. We left off the last update where everyone had been assigned a new job. This was exciting and much needed news given that bills had already started to roll in. Much like real life, this would mean that everyone would need to start that 9-5 grind and ASAP. We could not afford the next bill given the current funds we had.

It was currently a weekend in-game but thankfully, Mercury and Austin carried our household through a freelancing computing gig and being a Tough Guy respectfully. Unfortunately both of them got paid abysmally, particularly Austin who was working for $9 an hour but this was to be expected given there were no worker's rights in the criminal underworld. Everyone soon started their 9-5 jobs right after and we were starting to build in a slow but steady flow of cash to start building a comfortable life in the PC household.

Life was normal at each Sim's jobs but what about at the PC household itself? It turns out that our home life would be difficult for a while. Despite the fact that funds were coming in, we could not exactly afford to upgrade our furniture yet. Given that all the furniture we bought was the lowest of the low, there were a lot of malfunctions. Toilets, sinks, fridges and computers were needing to be repaired left and right and breaking on the regular. Puddles were left everywhere from the spilled water, Sims were putting their dishes all over the house (and even outside) as we could not yet afford a sink.

At one stage I also ended up having to put our microwave in storage after learning that you needed counterspace to cook using the stove. Due to the walls and locks on the doors being non-existent, there were also several privacy violations in the bathroom as Sims accidentally kept walking in on each other using the toilet and showers. I learnt that I should not be in charge of interior design but decided I would leave it to future me to fix it.

Here are some screenshots that I took of the action that was happening as our Sims tried to adult:

Needing to repair the whole house:

Tyler putting a dish outside on the ground outside:

There was a bit of drama in the household too! Remember how Tyler is a serial romantic? It turns out that Tyler had someone else in mind other than Mercury and despite the contrast between their evil and good personalities, Tyler and Inky instantly hit it off it seemed.

Until later in a total scandal, Inky's Sim was found to be feeling Very Sad after interacting with Tyler which seemed to put an end to that potential romance. Here is Inky looking Very Sad in a rare moment where he is out of his hot dog costume:

Spoiler:

Our other Sims continued with their own lives, some getting into more trouble than others. Looking at our other Sims, Karen seemed to be doing the best. Her job as a businesswoman meant that she was able to not only make the $$$ her Sim aspired to but it was also an opportunity for her to fulfill her need for kleptomania - that is, the need to swipe objects from others. Somehow she was able to sneak home a few office chairs and a nice poster which helped our home decor upgrade from a prison to a friendly, college dormitory. It was a much needed improvement.

Tom had a near death experience once when all the toilets broke during the middle of the night and no one else except him was awake to repair it when his bladder function was already critically low. In a panic, I realised that I would not be able to fix the toilet in time so I decided to just buy another toilet and put it down next to an existing one. Was it a good idea? Absolutely not but it worked so I will call it a win.

Cube was popular and had lots of Sim friends as part of their personality but their erratic nature also meant that this could cause tension with the Sims they invited over! One particularly heated argument happened between Cube and their newfound friend from the neighbourhood, Katarina Caliente. After forgetting to let her in for 3 hours, she was not happy but Cube was not having it either and the two got into a fight. There were no punches thrown but let's just say that Cube's goal of making new friends did not seem to be going well. Cube was very tame during the fight and should have definitely pulled this option:
    Spoiler:

Austin ran into a dilemma at work where he had two options to commit a crime. He could either sneak in or get into a fight and did he deliver at his job, getting him promoted to Petty Thief right after:
    Spoiler:

Sophie spent this update relatively undramatically compared to the other Sims. Maybe it is because I was too busy looking at the other Sims to care what mine was doing but my Sim is still alive after this update so I will call that a success.

But what had happened to Mercury? Mercury was one of the most helpful members of the PC household and the one who was always helping to fix and repair broken appliances around the household. Unfortunately however the combo of my furniture choices, lack of awareness and random chance meant that this helpfulness would create his end.

The First Death

Mercury had suddenly stopped fixing the fridge and I, not paying attention to the moodlet at the bottom which had told me he had already been Seriously Fried and should not touch another electrical object - decided to resume the repairs. That Was A Bad Move and Mercury met a fast end. Cause of death? Our $800 fridge.

To say that everyone was extremely sad would be an understatement as seen in the aftermath where everyone found out:

Then my computer decided it had enough and the game crashed. But remember how I said last update that the cannibalism mod could be making a potential appearance in this update? It turns out that the cannibalism mod was needed. After Mercury died, my game crashed to a point right before his death. However, given the fact that he had been electrocuted due to random chance, I didn't think I could recreate his death. I didn't want to just delete Mercury's Sim as if he died in-game, this would let him still join us in the PC household as a ghost after he had gone. So I had to think of another method….

Morbidly, I remembered the cannibalism mod existed and that it could be a surefire death. I thought about just pretending the death did not happen and moving on but like a morbid Pokemon nuzlocke, once the Sim was dead they were gone forever. No second chances. If you all have been following Juno's Rimworld updates, it is well known lore that Inky is a cannibal so I thought I'd keep him in-character and introduce a new role for him.

So then Inky murdered Mercury in front of everyone, sending everyone into mourning (again). The Grim Reaper came back, had a nice chat with Inky and then decided he had enough of everyone's tears, taking Mercury with him to the afterlife. And so after saving that meant it was official, Mercury was gone from the PC household.

Many tears later and our Sims went to bed. During this time even Inky, the one who voluntarily killed Mercury was Very Sad but he seemed to be faring better than everyone else. Here is a picture of Inky in the midst of the mourning, eating and looking on (non-graphic):

Spoiler:

The next day, everyone went to work. Somehow no one's job performance was affected in the end and all of us had managed to get promoted to Level 2 of our career. It seemed that everything was back to normal!

As an update here are our jobs as of right now, following the promotions:

JOBS

Spoiler:

So that concludes the rollercoaster that was Part 2! Like a Shakespeare tragedy that only keeps going downhill, stay tuned for Part 3 and watch on as the lives of our Sims' inevitably fall off a cliff. Will Inky continue his cannibal streak? Will anyone else meet an unfortunate end? We will also be saying hello to Rabinov next update so get keen.

Until next time!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    wew I hope I don't have any useable handy skills

and I'm glad Inky being a cannibal is now PC canon

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    So I haven't posted an update since May 2021 but I'm back for now! I'm on break so I decided I would revisit the PC household. I can't promise any regular updates but I will do my best.

What has happened since we last left off? Let's find out in Part 3!

As a note, I have almost enough new content to write Part 4 so it should be coming a bit sooner. Part 3 is from events that happened last year that I haven't updated yet in the thread. Anything that happened recently this year will be within Part 4.

I Put PC Members In The Sims 4: Part 3

Introducing: Rabi Joseph

Last time we left off, Merc had met a short end. Our Sims had settled back into their normal routines. However, things were soon about to change in the PC household with the arrival of a new member... Rabi Joseph, based on Arcaneum!

Based on Tyler Joseph from Twenty One Pilots, I tried to create a perfect copy as a Sim with the limited design options I had. Needless to say my ability to create an accurate Tyler Joseph was far off the mark but Rabi Joseph was born:

Let's meet Rabi Joseph. Like all other Sims that I have and will create for the PC household, traits are randomised.

Rabi Joseph: Aspires to be a Musical Genius. They have the traits of being a bookworm, childish and a perfectionist.

Rabi settled in the PC household and began making friends. All seemed calm. However not even a day after Rabi had moved in… the house set on fire.

The House Fire

Late at night whilst most of the household was sleeping, Austin came across a fire in the kitchen. Luckily since Austin was awake, he was able to tell the rest of the house and an informal fire brigade arrived to put it out!

Here is everyone at the scene:

Austin discovering the fire:
    Spoiler:

A dangerous turn of events was avoided and everyone made it out alive. Before it was put out however, the scene was very tense. Tyler's reaction to the fire perfectly explained how the rest of the household felt, looking at the fire:
    Spoiler:

A Night Out

I decided that the Sims only had one life to live and after narrowly escaping death, they deserved a break from their 9-5 routine. It was time for a one day vacation! In the Sims, there was one place to go to celebrate. The nightclub. So I called in vacation days for all the Sims and the PC household were ready to go clubbing. Everyone put on their best outfits. Inky especially:
    Spoiler:

I like to think that our Sims pulled up in a limousine but I think we just took an Uber there. Regardless, all the Sims seemed excited to get out of the house and get to know people who weren't other PC household members. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, with most of the PC household members choosing to spend the night on the dance floor after a few drinks. Cube, Tom, Austin and Sophie in particular seemed to spend the entire night dancing on the floor:
    Spoiler:

All of the other Sims spent the night getting to know the other Sims at the nightclub. New friends were made and one of our Sims even got a romantic interest! It turns out that Inky and a man called Johnny Zest hit it off at the nightclub. Johnny Zest knowing what he wanted, was quick to ask Inky upfront whether he'd be interested in going on a 1 on 1 date to the nightclub, should he come back.
    Spoiler:

I decided to let Inky and Johnny go on their date to see what would happen. The party at the nightclub ended and all the PC members went home to rest up. Work was starting again the next day and it was back to the 9-5 grind! Inky however, still had a date to go to.

The two travelled to the nightclub together. However whilst Johnny was preoccupied, Inky decided to serenade the crowd that had formed at the nightclub with a live acoustic performance.
    Spoiler:

After the performance, Johnny returned and the two hit it off. After a nice date, the two shared a kiss with Inky charming Johnny in his hot dog costume. Then it was time for the two to leave. The first successful romance in the Sims had happened! Though nothing was official yet, as far as I can remember. This happened last year.

[CENTRE]

[/CENTRE]

As a side note, romances in the Sims are not necessarily based on a PC member's actual romantic orientation. Whatever happens, I just let it progress.

A Mysterious Phone Call

After Inky's date, things seemed quiet in the PC household for a while. Until one day, the household received a phone call. It seemed like someone wanted to hang out. But it was none other than… Mercury Froglegs!

Merc's ghost seemed to want to hang out. However eerily when the phone rang and it was accepted, nothing happened. Merc didn't show. It was quite hard to turn up when he was dead.

The phone call happened again a while later and the same result happened. Merc was with us in spirit in the PC household at least.

And on that haunting note, that draws us to a close of Part 3 or events that took place around mid last year. In Part 4, we fast forward to the present where I reopened the game this year.

Next update will be more focused on the other Sims. Will the other Sims find romance? Will any Sims die? Will there be new Sims in the PC household? Look forward to the answer to all of those questions in Part 4.

Until next time!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    You would think with 8 working adults in the home we could afford appliances that stop killing us / trying to kill us

Back