• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Inclement Emerald: A Decomp Difficulty Hack [Version 1.13]

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2022
    Hi! I've been really enjoying the hack. I've been trying to put together a sand team, so I wanted to get an iron head excadrill. According to the in game pokedex, iron head should be an egg move. I've been attempting to use an female excadrill that has an empty move slot with a male heatmor that knows iron head to move transfer Iron head in the day care. This has not worked. I also have tried hatching the eggs they produce. I've hatched five so far and none have had Iron head. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi! I've been really enjoying the hack. I've been trying to put together a sand team, so I wanted to get an iron head excadrill. According to the in game pokedex, iron head should be an egg move. I've been attempting to use an female excadrill that has an empty move slot with a male heatmor that knows iron head to move transfer Iron head in the day care. This has not worked. I also have tried hatching the eggs they produce. I've hatched five so far and none have had Iron head. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
    Hey, thanks! Egg moves are denoted by an egg next to the move in the dex - the teachy TV icon next to Iron Head means it's a tutor move for Excadrill, so it can't be passed via egg move transfer.

Years
  • So I got the egg from the daycare by mauville, put it in front of my party. Got in a battle and uh I don't think this is supposed to happen
    9BAsTmi.png

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    My game keeps crashing when I try to buy TMs from the TM shop in Slateport City. I have 1.8.1 but I don't know what else to do. Plus the Rare Candy cheat doesn't work

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Heyo, I wanted to ask a question because I'm curious if the thing I'm asking about is intentional or not. Wanted to ask it in here, because while I'm on the Discord, with the thousands of messages that are sent in here every day, and me not feeling too comfortable to ping people on Discord unless they're my friends or something, I feel like it's better for me to ask and suggest things here. Anyways, here's the question:

- Is Pikachu and Raichu not learning Volt Tackle via level-up intentional or not? I ask because in your other ROM hacks, Raichu usually learned the move, and currently the only way to get it is via the kinda pain-in-the-ass way of breeding with a Raichu or its partner holding a Light Ball and then walking around for however long to hatch the egg. If I had to suggest when they could get the move, maybe level 60 so it isn't too busted, and it doesn't come right after Wild Charge.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2021
    Hey! Having lots of fun with this rom, been streaming it for a week and I can't wait to keep playing! I just wanted to ask if there was something projected regarding shiny hunting. I really want to get a shiny Flygon to use in my series, but the random encounter method is sooo tedious, with the added bonus of arena trap, but that's just me lol. Anyway, fantastic work with this one dude :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    Oh hello there once again ! I just found out that Intimidate triggers very early where In an event where two pokemons fainted at the same turn, sending out a pokemon with intimidate will make the skill affect the fainted pokemon instead of waiting for the opposing trainer to send out a pokemon then hit it with intimidate.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    Might not be an urgent thing, but do you know the sprite of Castform is broken when changing weather forms?
    Was actually gonna use Castform in my rain team playthrough (go figure) and noticed his weather sprites were broken.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    Absolutely love this! Played it more than any of the romhacks I've tried so far.

While I can't figure out the patching instructions for the life of me, I am able to keep my saved games from v1.7.1. The hundreds of berries and 2 boxes worth of a variety of mons all EV'd and with ideal movesets gone.

I am afraid to continue my current playthrough as I noticed a 'bad egg' on box 12, on column 5 either row 1 or row 2. I forgot if it was an Eevee egg I was storing or a hatched eevee I was going to train. I don't know if this will spread or anything, or has been fixed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    Hi, really amazing hack - trying to nuzlocke here
    Minor visual bug I had was after I got knocked off and switched out - my pokemon still had the Item icon next to it, which confused me and made me calc weird stuff.
    Fling still works (does a tiny bit of damage) even if the mon doesn't have an item - that's not supposed to happen.
    Oh, and rapid spin gives you a speed boost even when you don't hit anything - against ghosts or on a dead target, that should also be changed.

BTW, I cannot get RTC to work - is there a solution to that?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Just finished Inclement Emerald today. It was a lot of fun, most fun I've had playing Pokemon in a while. I just had a question
    unknown.png

I was wondering why Aegislash couldn't run from Electrode as if I remember correctly, ghost types could run from any wild battle gen 6 onwards. Wondering if this is intentional or an oversight.

Also I have 2 suggestions. I noticed that you were wondering what to do with Delcatty. I suggest that you could buff Normalise to that it turns all moves normal type but also gives them a 50% boost. This could make it a fun gimmick, while being completely unable to hurt ghost types.

About the second one, I never liked how Surge Surfer and Grass Pelt is the only ability which benefits from terrains. It would be cool to see more abilities benefiting from psychic (Orbeetle) and misty (Alcremie probably) once the gen 8 update is out.

Regardless, it was amazing game with a lot of unique ideas. Can't wait to see what's up next

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2022
    Great game, having a fun time so far but a couple things have come to my attention that seems off.

-Had 3 different hold items get deleted at some point (Focus sash, Alakazamite, and a light ball)

-Rival fight after weather institute Vikavolt is faster then my entire team including mega Garchomp.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This hack has caused my brother so many issues to where it's not funny on my PS3. I used two different cores on Retroarch being VBA-Next & mGBA and the latter causes crashes just save stating and the former still has the random crashes that this hack exhibits like the escalator one. Until this is addressed, I will probably remove it from my system as no other games have caused him so much grief. It seems to work fine on mGBA on the PC for now but on the PS3, it's a no go. It's sad that this is a great hack but it's marred by so many technical issues.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So I got the egg from the daycare by mauville, put it in front of my party. Got in a battle and uh I don't think this is supposed to happen
    That's weird, will fix!
    Hey Buffel. Are you still working on putting gen 8 pkmn and the frontier in the game?
    Yep!
    Heyo, I wanted to ask a question because I'm curious if the thing I'm asking about is intentional or not. Wanted to ask it in here, because while I'm on the Discord, with the thousands of messages that are sent in here every day, and me not feeling too comfortable to ping people on Discord unless they're my friends or something, I feel like it's better for me to ask and suggest things here. Anyways, here's the question:

- Is Pikachu and Raichu not learning Volt Tackle via level-up intentional or not? I ask because in your other ROM hacks, Raichu usually learned the move, and currently the only way to get it is via the kinda pain-in-the-ass way of breeding with a Raichu or its partner holding a Light Ball and then walking around for however long to hatch the egg. If I had to suggest when they could get the move, maybe level 60 so it isn't too busted, and it doesn't come right after Wild Charge.

Spoiler:
    I might just make it a tutor move at some point.
    Hey! Having lots of fun with this rom, been streaming it for a week and I can't wait to keep playing! I just wanted to ask if there was something projected regarding shiny hunting. I really want to get a shiny Flygon to use in my series, but the random encounter method is sooo tedious, with the added bonus of arena trap, but that's just me lol. Anyway, fantastic work with this one dude :)
    Hey, thanks! MAybe in future but it's not a priority for now.
    Is Winona suppose to be a double battle gym?
    Yes.
    Oh hello there once again ! I just found out that Intimidate triggers very early where In an event where two pokemons fainted at the same turn, sending out a pokemon with intimidate will make the skill affect the fainted pokemon instead of waiting for the opposing trainer to send out a pokemon then hit it with intimidate.
    Might not be an urgent thing, but do you know the sprite of Castform is broken when changing weather forms?
    Was actually gonna use Castform in my rain team playthrough (go figure) and noticed his weather sprites were broken.
    Yeah these are known issues with the battle engine.
    Absolutely love this! Played it more than any of the romhacks I've tried so far.

While I can't figure out the patching instructions for the life of me, I am able to keep my saved games from v1.7.1. The hundreds of berries and 2 boxes worth of a variety of mons all EV'd and with ideal movesets gone.

I am afraid to continue my current playthrough as I noticed a 'bad egg' on box 12, on column 5 either row 1 or row 2. I forgot if it was an Eevee egg I was storing or a hatched eevee I was going to train. I don't know if this will spread or anything, or has been fixed.
    Thanks! I'm still unable to replicate the bad egg issue. Would love to fix it but I've got no idea what's causing it.
    Hi, really amazing hack - trying to nuzlocke here
    Minor visual bug I had was after I got knocked off and switched out - my pokemon still had the Item icon next to it, which confused me and made me calc weird stuff.
    Fling still works (does a tiny bit of damage) even if the mon doesn't have an item - that's not supposed to happen.
    Oh, and rapid spin gives you a speed boost even when you don't hit anything - against ghosts or on a dead target, that should also be changed.

BTW, I cannot get RTC to work - is there a solution to that?
    Yeah that's how gen 3 Knock Off works, it's weird and should be updated. Fling is unfinished. RTC is an emulator-specific thing so I can't help you with that.
    Just finished Inclement Emerald today. It was a lot of fun, most fun I've had playing Pokemon in a while. I just had a question
    I was wondering why Aegislash couldn't run from Electrode as if I remember correctly, ghost types could run from any wild battle gen 6 onwards. Wondering if this is intentional or an oversight.

Also I have 2 suggestions. I noticed that you were wondering what to do with Delcatty. I suggest that you could buff Normalise to that it turns all moves normal type but also gives them a 50% boost. This could make it a fun gimmick, while being completely unable to hurt ghost types.

About the second one, I never liked how Surge Surfer and Grass Pelt is the only ability which benefits from terrains. It would be cool to see more abilities benefiting from psychic (Orbeetle) and misty (Alcremie probably) once the gen 8 update is out.

Regardless, it was amazing game with a lot of unique ideas. Can't wait to see what's up next
    Thanks! That's just one of the many hundreds of bugs in the battle engine - it's still unfinished. Thanks for the suggestions.
    Great game, having a fun time so far but a couple things have come to my attention that seems off.

-Had 3 different hold items get deleted at some point (Focus sash, Alakazamite, and a light ball)

-Rival fight after weather institute Vikavolt is faster then my entire team including mega Garchomp.
    Thanks! Sash is a consumable item so that's normal, not sure what would've happened to the other two. Vikavolt being fast is also normal, see the docs.
    This hack has caused my brother so many issues to where it's not funny on my PS3. I used two different cores on Retroarch being VBA-Next & mGBA and the latter causes crashes just save stating and the former still has the random crashes that this hack exhibits like the escalator one. Until this is addressed, I will probably remove it from my system as no other games have caused him so much grief. It seems to work fine on mGBA on the PC for now but on the PS3, it's a no go. It's sad that this is a great hack but it's marred by so many technical issues.
    This will likely never be addressed - the hack runs fine on an actual GBA, as well as virtual console (aside from the various bugs of course), which would make this an emulator issue and therefore not something I can do anything about.

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Congratulations for the game! I love it. It's challenging but fair. I love the Pokemon changes, the balance is good. And I can see the hard work that you put on it.

I think changing more Pokemons isn't your priority, but I think a lot about Delcatty xD Since it's still an awful Pokemon. Other users already gave you suggestions, so here is mine: giving Delcatty Simple ability, according Pokedex descriptions this ability fits well and Delcatty could use Work Up/Calm Mind x2. Other possibility could be Unaware. I think that one of these abilities and fairy type or normal/fairy types would turn it into a good Pokemon and fun to play. Additionally giving Delcatty some "unusual" move like Slack Off would also help.

Back