• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you transfer pokemon from Switch/GBA ROMS to Pokemon Home (Blessed shield/sigma platinum/Unbound)

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I have a hacked switch, legit switched and hacked 3ds.

Is there a way to transfer the pokemon I find and grind from my hacked switch/3ds to my legit switch and pokemon home to use in legit pokemon games?

Legit pokemon games are so easy they become boring very fast for me which is why I like the challange that hacked pokemon games bring. Not looking to bring cheese pokemon to legit games but would like to know if I could transfer pokemon from GBA ROMS/switch hacked games that I spent a ton of time on to legit versions on my legit switch. And then eventually on home for prosperity.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Yeah just regular Pokemon nothing crazy. Would be cool if you could take those to legit games.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years

Is there a way to transfer the pokemon I find and grind from my hacked switch/3ds to my legit switch and pokemon home to use in legit pokemon games?

Legit pokemon games are so easy they become boring very fast for me which is why I like the challange that hacked pokemon games bring. Not looking to bring cheese pokemon to legit games but would like to know if I could transfer pokemon from GBA ROMS/switch hacked games that I spent a ton of time on to legit versions on my legit switch. And then eventually on home for prosperity.

I strongly wouldn't recommend using hacked Pokémon, especially online, as it can get your entire Nintendo Switch banned if you get caught. The Pokémon Company has been known to do unexpected ban waves that resulted in the bans of thousands of hackers. If legit Pokémon games are so easy, then why not just play fair and use legit Pokémon? The games can still be challenging, especially if you play competitively. I mean, these days, it's so easy to breed and/or farm a "perfect" Pokémon using breeding items such as the Destiny Knot, Masuda method, use of vitamins for EV training, hyper training at level 100, Exp. Candies, and so on that players shouldn't even need to hack or use cheating devices. Like literally anybody and their mom can get a great competitive Pokémon fairly easily these days, so why risk your Nintendo Switches getting banned over game data? When your Switch gets banned, it's not just your account that suffers. You wouldn't be able to go online on either Switch anymore that is connected to your account as well. In my opinion, it's not worth it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I strongly wouldn't recommend using hacked Pokémon, especially online, as it can get your entire Nintendo Switch banned if you get caught. The Pokémon Company has been known to do unexpected ban waves that resulted in the bans of thousands of hackers. If legit Pokémon games are so easy, then why not just play fair and use legit Pokémon? The games can still be challenging, especially if you play competitively. I mean, these days, it's so easy to breed and/or farm a "perfect" Pokémon using breeding items such as the Destiny Knot, Masuda method, use of vitamins for EV training, hyper training at level 100, Exp. Candies, and so on that players shouldn't even need to hack or use cheating devices. Like literally anybody and their mom can get a great competitive Pokémon fairly easily these days, so why risk your Nintendo Switches getting banned over game data? When your Switch gets banned, it's not just your account that suffers. You wouldn't be able to go online on either Switch anymore that is connected to your account as well. In my opinion, it's not worth it.

I'm not interested in bringing in cheesed hacked Pokémon that creates an unfair competition. I don't even play competitively pvp.

The games are not challenging. That is the problem. It would be refreshing if Game freak would finally make a challenging Pokémon game. So, I find myself playing ROMs because they actually make the game a challenge which I enjoy. From Gen 1 to Arceus the formula is the same. Breeze your way through the game as OP God-become-sprite because everyone else in the world apparently doesn't know how to train their own Pokémon and the lack of challenge becomes boring. I never had a difficult time with the short end game content and I never did search for natures, EVs, IVs. Wouldn't it be nice if Pokémon could at least have a game+ option or difficulty settings so players could enjoy the challenge? Why even have natures, IVs, EVs, if they can be completely ignored? responding with 'for PvP competition' isn't a response, that's a small portion of the actual games. I want to engage with the story as if I'm in a world that has the Pokémon experts it claims it does.

Only this month have I looked into natures, IVs, EVs because of games like Pokémon unbound. Which I'm super excited for! A game that brings a challenge! And I don't see how those Pokémon could be trained in game to be an unfair competition if they made their way to legit games? So now I get to experience Pokémon again with a challenge and so far, am really enjoying it! But would love to be able to bring them to other games or save them online because I would rather play hacked roms that give a challenge than the legit versions that I play once and never touch again because I get bored before end game even comes.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I'm not interested in bringing in cheesed hacked Pokémon that creates an unfair competition. I don't even play competitively pvp.

The games are not challenging. That is the problem. It would be refreshing if Game freak would finally make a challenging Pokémon game. So, I find myself playing ROMs because they actually make the game a challenge which I enjoy. From Gen 1 to Arceus the formula is the same. Breeze your way through the game as OP God-become-sprite because everyone else in the world apparently doesn't know how to train their own Pokémon and the lack of challenge becomes boring. I never had a difficult time with the short end game content and I never did search for natures, EVs, IVs. Wouldn't it be nice if Pokémon could at least have a game+ option or difficulty settings so players could enjoy the challenge? Why even have natures, IVs, EVs, if they can be completely ignored? responding with 'for PvP competition' isn't a response, that's a small portion of the actual games. I want to engage with the story as if I'm in a world that has the Pokémon experts it claims it does.

Only this month have I looked into natures, IVs, EVs because of games like Pokémon unbound. Which I'm super excited for! A game that brings a challenge! And I don't see how those Pokémon could be trained in game to be an unfair competition if they made their way to legit games? So now I get to experience Pokémon again with a challenge and so far, am really enjoying it! But would love to be able to bring them to other games or save them online because I would rather play hacked roms that give a challenge than the legit versions that I play once and never touch again because I get bored before end game even comes.

I understand that you're not interested in hacking Pokémon that make competition unfair, but The Pokémon Company doesn't care. If you're using hacked Pokémon, whether they grant an unfair advantage or not, Nintendo can ban your Switch if you get caught regardless. That's the point I'm trying to make. If your goal is simply to hack and use ROMs, then you have no reason to transfer your Pokémon to Pokémon HOME in the first place. I don't think that it's worth to risk. Having a banned Switch could render it mostly useless and it would be a waste of money if it gets banned. Do you really want to risk that simply to hack some Pokémon that you can easily get legally this generation? Why do you even need to transfer them to a legit game in the first place?

The thing is, a Pokémon play-through is never meant to be a challenge, especially if you know how to play Pokémon well, as the story mode is meant to be fun so that all types of players of all ages can enjoy the game. The actual challenge in Pokémon, at least in my experience, comes from the competitive scene. You claim that you want a challenge, yet you refuse to play the games competitively. The competitive scene is not by any means a small portion of the game. They have a new season of ranked battles every month in Pokémon Sword and Shield, along with a current official competition right now that lasts until the 29th of this month, which I am also competing in myself. In addition, there is a never-ending supply of players that you can battle through link battle. The Pokémon Company even has the World Championships every year, usually in August, that you could compete in for a chance to win $10,000 in real life actual money. The actual challenge comes from being able to raise Pokémon with good stats and make them competitive enough to beat other players. If you're not playing Pokémon competitively, in my opinion, you're missing out on a huge challenge.

https://dotesports.com/pokemon/news...-ban-wave-on-pokemon-sword-and-shield-hackers

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now

Moved this over to Fan Game Hub. Stands a higher chance of getting the desired information here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    I understand that you're not interested in hacking Pokémon that make competition unfair, but The Pokémon Company doesn't care. If you're using hacked Pokémon, whether they grant an unfair advantage or not, Nintendo can ban your Switch if you get caught regardless. That's the point I'm trying to make. If your goal is simply to hack and use ROMs, then you have no reason to transfer your Pokémon to Pokémon HOME in the first place. I don't think that it's worth to risk. Having a banned Switch could render it mostly useless and it would be a waste of money if it gets banned. Do you really want to risk that simply to hack some Pokémon that you can easily get legally this generation? Why do you even need to transfer them to a legit game in the first place?

The thing is, a Pokémon play-through is never meant to be a challenge, especially if you know how to play Pokémon well, as the story mode is meant to be fun so that all types of players of all ages can enjoy the game. The actual challenge in Pokémon, at least in my experience, comes from the competitive scene. You claim that you want a challenge, yet you refuse to play the games competitively. The competitive scene is not by any means a small portion of the game. They have a new season of ranked battles every month in Pokémon Sword and Shield, along with a current official competition right now that lasts until the 29th of this month, which I am also competing in myself. In addition, there is a never-ending supply of players that you can battle through link battle. The Pokémon Company even has the World Championships every year, usually in August, that you could compete in for a chance to win $10,000 in real life actual money. The actual challenge comes from being able to raise Pokémon with good stats and make them competitive enough to beat other players. If you're not playing Pokémon competitively, in my opinion, you're missing out on a huge challenge.

https://dotesports.com/pokemon/news...-ban-wave-on-pokemon-sword-and-shield-hackers

I guess I want to transfer them over emotional attachment, hahaha. But yes, I agree it isn't worth the risk doing that if it will flag my legit switch to get banned. Are Pokémon from all ROMS going to get flagged or are there any out there I can play and transfer to the legit scene?

I've always been just a PvE type of guy but maybe I should try to give the competitive scene a real go. How do I even go about that if I don't know anything? Have any YouTube links? What platform/game are people using? Can I use Pokémon from Arceus? Which game are people bringing the Pokémon from? I didn't realize the Pokemon Company does championships with real life money rewards. That could be interesting.

What do you do to train up your mons?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Rom hacks usually modify Pokémon stats, movesets and/or Abilities. So safe answer is no, those Pokémon would be technically "illegal" unless you make sure you're transfering from a rom hack that doesn't change anything.

Back