• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone here lost a parent?

Ms Ketchum

Super Sprite Editor!
Years
My dad died in 2002 the day after Christmas...He'd been in the hospital for a few days, and they brought him home in a cabulence (small ambulence) and he was really really weak. I cried every time I visited him in the hospital, no matter how hard I tried not to. Anyway, the morning after he was brought home he died at 7:30 a.m. while I was asleep. I felt extremely numb when my aunt first told me. I got up and sat in the living romm. My mom was crying. I looked into my mom and dad's bedroom, and my dad was lying on the bed, not breathing. I cried for the rest of the day.

Anyway, if something like that has happened to you, I'd like to hear about it. We can probably help each other out.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
That's too bad, Ms Ketchum. I hope you're feeling better.
I've never lost a parent, but I have lost other family members. Both of my grandpa's and one of my uncles. One of my next door neighbors who was like a grandpa to me died too. Also, when a racecar driver named Dale Earnhardt died, I felt really sad too because he was my favorite racecar driver. Hopefully I won't have to experience another death for a long time.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
Years
I am sorry for the loss of your father, the pain in your heart must be unbearable. :( I hope you are alright now, because I can gaurantee that your dad would not want you sad. :)

Well, I have not lost my mom or dad, but I lost my grandpa in November 2002, surprisingly I wasn't that sad, but I guess that's what happens when you don't know them that well. =\

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Losing a parent is always painful, I'm sorry.
As for me, I don't have a dad so if my mom died I'd be completely shattered. We live with my grandparents so they would take care of me, but I'm very protective of my mother. I know it'll happen someday but I'm happy for each day I have with her now, and that she's healthy at the moment.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
Years
Aw, I'm sorry to hear your loss of parents and close family members. My Mom never really knew her Dad because he died from lung cancer when she was fifteen months old. Now my grandmother (my Mom's mother) is the only grandparent I have left, too.

The King of Water Pokemon

Admiring my Avatar
Years
Well, I lost an aunt in November 2002. I cried a lot, especially when I read at her funeral. The sad thing was she got married in September. Then, I almost lost my Pop Pop to a heart attack.

I've never lost a parent, and I don't want to for a long time. I'm truly sorry to those who lose someone close to them and those who are affected by their sadness.

~TKoWP

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2006
I never lost a parent, which I'm happy about that.
My grandma died in 2000 which I remember because I was reading
Pokemon The Movie 2000 at that time. I was crying a lot and I refused to leave the funeral but later my parents promised me that I can see my grandma the next day. Now I still feel the same way.
*sniff* Now I really miss her. :'(

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Aww, I'm so sorry about your father's death Ms Ketchum, and same for your grandmother too, Cosmo. :( I was hoping that she would make it.

As for me, I haven't lost a parent yet. My dad lives far away, and I don't see him often, so we're not really close. As for my mom... If she died, I don't know what I'd do.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
my grandparent died...um...he got a heart attack, and then he got sick...i cant quite remember...

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
I'm sorry about your loss, Mrs. Ketchum.. It seems so painful. I know how it feels, my friend (14) died of a seizure.. And she was so young, and so bright. She didn't deserve to die.. Actually, dying seems like such a nice thing. At least your dad's at peace, and not suffering anymore.

Although I never lost a parent, I don't think I'd cry if my dad died.. Maybe cus we weren't close, maybe cus he never cared about me or sumthin'.. My dad was caught by the immigration police and was shipped back to mexico, now its only my mum, my bro, and me. My brother misses dad, my mum's angry, and I am calm. I dunno why, makes me feel like such a heartless person tho. Besides, its not like I'm not used to it. He left us a bunch of times, anyways, the moral of this is..

At least you cried for your dad.. Unlike me, who couldn't stop smiling.

Back