• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey, aint talked to you in awhile, hope you're doing fine. As you know I've been impressed with your tools for a long time and on the verge of becoming a fan eheh :P

Davie! You too! Thank you very much ^^

so just keep up the great work and I'm sure everyone around here will appreiciate the work you've put in.

I hope that ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey there! Seeing as the Overworld Editor is the tool I most use, I always wondered why there are some sprites missing, like the hero flying with the bird, or the surfing sprites (signs and there's other stuff I think). Would that be hard to implement? (because... It's boring doing that stuff on a Tile Editor, as TLP, and I think it would be appreciated if you could add them, to help lazy people mainly, such as myself... jojo...)

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Hey there! Seeing as the Overworld Editor is the tool I most use, I always wondered why there are some sprites missing, like the hero flying with the bird, or the surfing sprites (signs and there's other stuff I think). Would that be hard to implement? (because... It's boring doing that stuff on a Tile Editor, as TLP, and I think it would be appreciated if you could add them, to help lazy people mainly, such as myself... jojo...)

Yeah,Zel's right, it is very hard trying to sprite using tile layer pro especially with those crazy rbg colours. Someone should updated the tool, please!!

Anyways nice work with releasing all these tools, thanx alot!!!

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Hey there! Seeing as the Overworld Editor is the tool I most use, I always wondered why there are some sprites missing, like the hero flying with the bird, or the surfing sprites (signs and there's other stuff I think). Would that be hard to implement?

Well, I could try something but I won't promise anything :P

Anyways nice work with releasing all these tools, thanx alot!!!

Thank you ;)

i cant get a pallete to work properly

Could you explain better? You should give me more detailed info, such as what ROM you opened and what did you do, step by step. Otherwise I can't help you.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2008
in the free space finder do I find the numbers in a hex editor or do I use a certain program?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
Hey, can you PM me or post a tutorial or something on how to use APE?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
in the free space finder do I find the numbers in a hex editor or do I use a certain program?

Sorry but your question doesn't make really sense. Could you explain it a bit better?

Hey, can you PM me or post a tutorial or something on how to use APE?

I'm currently improving APE and I've already planned a related tutorial. So please wait for both!

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2008
ok sorry...

When I use it and click search you get a number such as 6B09F8.
What do I do with that number?

Do I use a hex editor to do what I want with the space or do I use another program?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Do I use a hex editor to do what I want with the space or do I use another program?

What you get are offsets, as you know. And yes, you can use an hex editor. But you can also use another program, it depends on what you're going to do.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 11, 2010
Sorry but your question doesn't make really sense. Could you explain it a bit better?

I'm currently improving APE and I've already planned a related tutorial. So please wait for both!

Okay, but can you PM me when you post the tutorial?

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Yeah I did, but I can't figure out how to find a specific pokemon.
Oh boy.. Open up UnLZ-GBA (I hope you use the hacked one..)
And look for your 'specific Pokémon' there.. Look at the pallete offset, copy it to APE and CHECK the 'Compressed Pallete' box.. Load the pallete and voila..

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
hey you think a tool for editing pokemon types is possible?

Tools like that already exists. Their names are BaseEdit (which comes with EliteMap) and Amplifier 2006 Ae.
Anyway, remember that this thread is not a tool request one.

Gradon

Charmander Fan!!!
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 17, 2007
I've used some of your tools I've found off some sites, they're very helpful! =D
You've done very well with these, lol. ^^

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
I found Pokemon Amplifier AE, it works for changing names but sadly not for types, at least not for me. But I don't mind that anymore.
I was having a problem however with your Overworld Editor. When I load a Fire Red or Leaf Green Rom it works fine. Its when I load in a Ruby or Sapphire rom, this comes up

"Error 63 (Bad Record number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructer of frmOverworldEditor"

Anyone know what I should do?

Back