• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.90 / 1.91 /1.92

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
  • Okay, I have a problem with Advanced Map. You know on the right side of the screen, where you can insert the different kinds of squares? Well, on mine, about half of them are completely black and I can't tell what they are! Please help me, I'm juist a newbie...

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Okay, I have a problem with Advanced Map. You know on the right side of the screen, where you can insert the different kinds of squares? Well, on mine, about half of them are completely black and I can't tell what they are! Please help me, I'm juist a newbie...

do you hack a FireRed/LeafGreen Rom?
    do you edit this map first with a previous version of AdvanceMap?

if yes then the Problem is the BorderBlock size...
    you must change to the Header view, change to the professional Header view (Ctrl+H) and than you can change there the Block height and Block width to 2 and 2. and press the save button. that this error should be fixed.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • do you hack a FireRed/LeafGreen Rom?
    do you edit this map first with a previous version of AdvanceMap?

Okay, I was hacking Ruby, and I didn't edit with the previous version of AdvanceMap. Could you please help me, I really want to hack it!

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • [Release] AdvanceMap 1.91

Hello together

Hehre the new (BugFix-) Version.

Changes:
    - On Repointing Header, there will be added a EndMark.
    -> BugFix for the Bug: when insert 11. Maps the whole new Bank/increased Bank disappear.
    - a check if Borderblock in FR/LG is to big/not set.
    -> BugFix for the Bug: bei zu Grossem RandBlock kommt AdvanceMapError(8): Cannot read XX Bytes in a Array with the size of 51! ...'
    - The Resize function now work correctly -_-"
    -> BugFix for the Bug: when you resize a Map, to much data will deleted. this bug is the reasen for the most AdvanceMapError 2 and 4 and could delete parts of other Maps/Events or other data!
    - The Grid on BlockPalette is fixed.
    - The EndMark for MapScripts will now be written.
    -> BugFix for the Bug: If you increase the amount of MapScripts, the Rom crash int the Emulator after run the MapScrips.
    - the transparency for Movement permissions can now be set under Settings->Movement permissions transparency.
    - I have improved the Performance form some functionen. now AdvanceMap load Roms 3 times faster for me.
    - Changed Import functions in Blockeditor.
    -> BugFix for the Bug: If you insert Tileset image and Blocks on the same time, the Maps using this tileset can not be open anymore. "Access violation ..."
    - If you save a Map as a MapFile it will show immediately on the MapFiles Maplist.
    - MapFiles form older AdvanceMaps now work also.

Download AM 1.91
    http://am191.no-ip.info

The link http://amneu.no-ip.info has been adjusted as well.

have fun with new Verison.
    Bug-Reports as always to me.

Greetings, LU-HO

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    oh my... such progress and work has been done.
    thankies for making such a wonderful tool, LU-HO. :)

*download....., later*

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    A Map 1.9 is only good for editing maps- A Map 1.82 proves to be better at MAKING maps. It's really glitchy when I make a new map, worse than opposite colours- the numbers have randomly changed (58,32,60 to 175,211,46). That's why I barely trust Amap 1.9- especially if you're a beginner hacker.

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • A Map 1.9 is only good for editing maps- A Map 1.82 proves to be better at MAKING maps. It's really glitchy when I make a new map, worse than opposite colours- the numbers have randomly changed (58,32,60 to 175,211,46). That's why I barely trust Amap 1.9- especially if you're a beginner hacker.

This i do not unterstand. can you please describe better?
    and do you mean 1.90 or 1.91?

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
  • Hi!
    Lu-HO, don't know if that happened with more somebody... but it seems that that new AMAP is worse!!
    I just edited an ONLY tree of a ROUT 02... and ROUT 01 was defective!!
    All disappeared the events! PEOPLE, SCRIPTS, SINGPOSTS WARPS..... everything disappeared!!
    It was not only happened with me... but I will reinstall him and to test again!

If no... I will continue with same AMAP1.82! XD

(excuse for bad English, I am Brazilian)

Years
  • Hi!
    Lu-HO, don't know if that happened with more somebody... but it seems that that new AMAP is worse!!
    I just edited an ONLY tree of a ROUT 02... and ROUT 01 was defective!!
    All disappeared the events! PEOPLE, SCRIPTS, SINGPOSTS WARPS..... everything disappeared!!
    It was not only happened with me... but I will reinstall him and to test again!

If no... I will continue with same AMAP1.82! XD

(excuse for bad English, I am Brazilian)

Check on the first page, have you downloaded the latest version? (Advance Map 1.91) That version has that bug fixed.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Could someone please help me? I don't mean to be demanding, but I'm just a newbie...Well, here's the deal: you said that I needed to do this:
    you must change to the Header view, change to the professional Header view (Ctrl+H) and than you can change there the Block height and Block width to 2 and 2. and press the save button. that this error should be fixed.

But the problem is, I don't really know how to do that. I clicked on Ctrl+H, and then I went into the "header" section but I didn't know what to change! Sorry if this is really obvious, I don't understand this...

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
  • Check on the first page, have you downloaded the latest version? (Advance Map 1.91) That version has that bug fixed.

Lu-ho I am speaking about the version 1.91!!
    in the same day that you posted I downloaded!
    and as I spoke... I just changed a tree and all of the events of another map disappeared...
    But I still go test her again to see to check if it doesn't happen the same mistake!
    - Another thing!
    When I made a connection among the maps the same mistake happened before!
    Tchau!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    Ah man i love this application,
    I can easily use it to look up some map data its great,

Keep up the work :D

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Could someone please help me? I don't mean to be demanding, but I'm just a newbie...Well, here's the deal: you said that I needed to do this:

But the problem is, I don't really know how to do that. I clicked on Ctrl+H, and then I went into the "header" section but I didn't know what to change! Sorry if this is really obvious, I don't understand this...

Please...? I really need help with this...

I do not unterstand what you don't unterstand....

Here an image: (click to enlarge)

1. choose your map
    2. change to Header View
    3. Press Settings in menü
    4. choose Professional Header View (so it is checked like in the Image)
    now the view in the part at right will look like it is on the image
    5. change Border width to 2
    6. change Border height to 2
    7. Press the "Save change and reload map" button
    finished. now your problem should not be there anymore... if it is the problem i think...

Years
  • Good Lu-Ho the Sale In the-Advancemap one the mistake Al-los opens events is the escrituras of mini say curves etc....
    Deberias adds the Tiled one (I CONTINUE DEFRAUDS ESO-.-) Good Lu-Ho One the enthusiasm in the postear(posthearing) here... Luck and Translator of Englishman thinks it of the Tiled xD PD:Uso a Spanish x It they go out " () "

LU-HO

Author of AdvanceMap
    Years
  • Good Lu-Ho the Sale In the-Advancemap one the mistake Al-los opens events is the escrituras of mini say curves etc....
    Deberias adds the Tiled one (I CONTINUE DEFRAUDS ESO-.-) Good Lu-Ho One the enthusiasm in the postear(posthearing) here... Luck and Translator of Englishman thinks it of the Tiled xD PD:Uso a Spanish x It they go out " () "

do not understand a word from what you try to say...

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    LU-HO,

I'm writing something that is able to read the map file that your program is able to save,
    Now it was quite easy to locate where the map size is stored,

And i thought also quite easy to locate the Tile and place it on the map,
    But it seems not though.

When i load your map file of lets say "PALLET TOWN",
    The tree's surounding the village show normaly,
    And some grass + 3 signs also,

But the rest seems to be all a mess and i'm not quite sure why.
    Also some of the data between the map size and map actual data i dont know what its for.

So i was hoping you could tell me what it means and why it doesnt show correct.

I really hope you can explain it to me,
    Heres a screenie i cant post links yet but this should work.

"thugie"."nl"."/image.png" yes the name is really image.png

Well i got a ahead a bit but it still confuses me since when i load a diffrent tileset for a diffrent map the values dont work anymore,

Code:
          if asc(right(left(map,2),1)) <> 4 and asc(right(left(map,2),1)) <> 48 then
            row=row+64
            temp=temp
            if asc(right(left(map,2),1)) = 17 then
              row=row+9
            elseif asc(right(left(map,2),1)) = 49 then
              row=row-32
            elseif asc(right(left(map,2),1)) = 5 then
              row=row-32
            end if
          end if
    Using this i am able to show PALLET TOWN fully.

Still hope you can explain this all to me and how the rom shows a top layer since your app seems to make it look like it doesnt have any..
    Like walking under a tree you can see yourself standing under it not ontop.

Last edited:

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
  • do not understand a word from what you try to say...

That guy did a comment on wah suggesting you to add to Advance Map the function to change animations (such as tiled), so i guess that's what he tried to say.

Well, for the moment i haven't found any bug on AM 1.91.
    This new version of AM is amazing! Keep up the great work!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Can somebody help me? when i try to download any advance map above 1.50 it gives me the ewf file(which i think your not supposed to get), i dont know how to fix this issue(and i have tried everthign).Is there somethign i can do to download it(because nothing is working)?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back