• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon Gold Hacking tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
  • I hope the script editor is compatible with Windows 98 and is easy to use! Well...close to easy, anyway!

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • hey cooley i ttried using the Pokemon Oak Intro Sprite and Cry Editor but every time i save it and go in my rom it doesnt work...i dont know if im doing somthing wrong or if its a bug but help would be real nice

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • hey cooley i ttried using the Pokemon Oak Intro Sprite and Cry Editor but every time i save it and go in my rom it doesnt work...i dont know if im doing somthing wrong or if its a bug but help would be real nice
    No, that's no bug.
    Check to see if your ROM is read-only. Most Gold/Silver ROMs are

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    This is a good idea.

Will you make anymore cooley? :)

Celebi.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Yeah, but not soon enough. I've kinda lost interest in programming, but I WILL continue the Script editor, it should be easier than I thought.

To compile:
    Write a command database or something like it, then compile the script to a temporary file(all script editors do this) then read the data from the temp file and compile the data to the ROM.

What it can do now is write a temporary file. I'm still researching though.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    What programming languages did you use to make these programs cooley?

Celebi.

Sounds good, can\'t wait for more.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Hey cooley, any news on the other tools? I can't wait for the script editor!

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • No, the last time I programmed was a long time ago. I think I'm done with it, for now.
    So no script editor, sorry. But if I could get a hold of scriptEDs source I might be able to use it as a base.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Nice tools man I downloaded them all. I do have a problem though however I think its just my computer. When I try to open them they wont open up lol. They seem nice but the reson i believe it is my computer is because my AGIXP wont work as well as a few of my other tools. But overall I like the fact that you are making tools for G/S and I agree with swampert make them crystal compatible too. Also something that might be nice is a Dex editor thats not in DOS I dread using DOS programs. But overall dude I give you kudos these should help my G/S hacks a good bit if I can get my computer to quit being a pain. However question, do i need the ROM in the same folder as the program or anything? I know some like Elitemap for the GBA games is like that. Just wondering and again good job keep up the G/S tool making. ^.^;

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I had the same problem before, try running it in compatability mode for windows 95/98, I can't remember which

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Nice tools man I downloaded them all. I do have a problem though however I think its just my computer. When I try to open them they wont open up lol. They seem nice but the reson i believe it is my computer is because my AGIXP wont work as well as a few of my other tools. But overall I like the fact that you are making tools for G/S and I agree with swampert make them crystal compatible too. Also something that might be nice is a Dex editor thats not in DOS I dread using DOS programs. But overall dude I give you kudos these should help my G/S hacks a good bit if I can get my computer to quit being a pain. However question, do i need the ROM in the same folder as the program or anything? I know some like Elitemap for the GBA games is like that. Just wondering and again good job keep up the G/S tool making. ^.^;
    No, you don't need the ROM in the same folder.
    Well, I've quit making tools, for now.
    I might lock this thread up xD

Years
  • um, does anyone have an pokemon characteristics editor for g/s/c like (YAP or DP PokeEdit)? Cuz ive seen the map apps, and they look pretty nice.

sorry for not putting this in the reply before, but im looking for a tool that can edit learnsets and evolutions

P.S. i love how the post reply button looks like its from TF2

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2009
    Very awesome. I hope to do some cool things with these. Interesting that they were done in VB. I haven't used VB in some time usually sticking to C++ and Java. Should be fun viewing the source.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back