• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • MN
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Wow, anyway I have been waiting for this hack for a very long time and want a little piece of it. It is going to be awesome

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
Years
I always come to ask a question, but I always forget it! xDD.
-Ok, BTW, in the Unown cave, the riddles can be done or they are already done like Shiny Gold ones?.
-Mew, mew two and Celebi will be catcheable?
-Will be there 3rd gen pokes and events?

And a technic question, sorry if it's crazy but I don't know.

To make kanto's cities, cant you just "copy and paste" the ones from the original FR and in that way, make things faster? :), yes, I know you are really fast, but I just imagined that! xDD. Sorry if I bother you.

I'm still your fan number1 I am not? xD.

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2009
I have a question to add to Ahasverus's questions above me. Will you add any 4th generation pokemon? I know trying to add a lot of them is a pain in the butt, but just having the starters would be awesome! :)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
-Ok, BTW, in the Unown cave, the riddles can be done or they are already done like Shiny Gold ones?.

To make kanto's cities, cant you just "copy and paste" the ones from the original FR and in that way, make things faster? :), yes, I know you are really fast, but I just imagined that! xDD. Sorry if I bother you.

first of all, he's using fr as the base, so the kanto maps are already in there, and the g/s/c kanto maps were different, the towns were slightly changed, and all the maps were shrunk a little bit.

The berry trees that you have to plant and water were one of the things I didn't really like in r/s, because I'm lazy and don't want to have to plant, water, pick, and repeat every time I want berries, thats one of the things I use the cloning glitch instead for (the other is for easy evolving pokemon, and money, and items, and my legit shinies <oddish (evolved after cloning so all it's forms hey, betcha can't guess it's name) and rattata (evolved after cloning so... ya)>

anyway back on topic, I'm guessin' celebii is catchable because it was in crystal if you cheat and get one of the many tera-suammi (sorry for spelling) and give it to Kurt, wait a day, talk to him in his backyard, and go to Ilex forest.

Go laz the seagull pimpster
(introduce 1 to my sister) ha

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
I have a question to add to Ahasverus's questions above me. Will you add any 4th generation pokemon? I know trying to add a lot of them is a pain in the butt, but just having the starters would be awesome! :)

I'm pretty sure earlier in the thread somewhere if not on the 1st page they mentioned that they won't include 4th gen pokes because they weren't in the original GSC. I agree with them but I do think it would kinda be kool if they had 4th gen legendaries in GSC as extras.

On a side note: Did you guys do any modifications to the game's ASM? I've learned some pretty advanced scripting, how to insert sprites, palette editing, and learning how to map.... But I've seen some tuts on moddin the ASM and it looks way too hard for me so I won't even try as it's not that necassary if you want to make a hack...... But having mods to the ASM in this game would be pretty cool.. Though I don't blame you if you don't have any.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
This is good, really good. The graphics (tiles) and mapping are the best part of it.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years

ok i'll awnser these quickly as im in a rush...

the union cave puzzes at the momment are the saem as SG. I might rexpand on them one day but not sure.

all pokemon are catchable in some way. next time check the first page in future.

again ^^

the maps are different in gsc as to fr. im redoing them all for kanto :)

not any plans to do so atm. i really dont like have 4th gen pokes in a gba rom. the only way i would do it would have all pokes from 4th gen but keeping all the old ones (i dont think that would happen lol)

first of all, he's using fr as the base, so the kanto maps are already in there, and the g/s/c kanto maps were different, the towns were slightly changed, and all the maps were shrunk a little bit.

The berry trees that you have to plant and water were one of the things I didn't really like in r/s, because I'm lazy and don't want to have to plant, water, pick, and repeat every time I want berries, thats one of the things I use the cloning glitch instead for (the other is for easy evolving pokemon, and money, and items, and my legit shinies <oddish (evolved after cloning so all it's forms hey, betcha can't guess it's name) and rattata (evolved after cloning so... ya)>

anyway back on topic, I'm guessin' celebii is catchable because it was in crystal if you cheat and get one of the many tera-suammi (sorry for spelling) and give it to Kurt, wait a day, talk to him in his backyard, and go to Ilex forest.

Go laz the seagull pimpster
(introduce 1 to my sister) ha

I liked the idea of the berry trees. i think its a good feature to have tbh.

I'm pretty sure earlier in the thread somewhere if not on the 1st page they mentioned that they won't include 4th gen pokes because they weren't in the original GSC. I agree with them but I do think it would kinda be kool if they had 4th gen legendaries in GSC as extras.

On a side note: Did you guys do any modifications to the game's ASM? I've learned some pretty advanced scripting, how to insert sprites, palette editing, and learning how to map.... But I've seen some tuts on moddin the ASM and it looks way too hard for me so I won't even try as it's not that necassary if you want to make a hack...... But having mods to the ASM in this game would be pretty cool.. Though I don't blame you if you don't have any.

ASM might happen. im not so good but maybe something good will come.

This is good, really good. The graphics (tiles) and mapping are the best part of it.

thanks XD

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
Years
Now i remember my lost question!!! (Ahasverus Cheers himself).
will the game be translated to other languages?, you know, I speak spanish, I don't have any problems eith the game in english, but I know many people who could be very interested in the game, but they do have problems with the english xD.

I don't know, I wouldn't like too much that there will be 3d gen pokes. I mean, the original crystal was perfect as it is, with its pokes, and making 3rd gen here, will be like a kind of spam, without a good reason.

If you will put 3rd gen pokes, I hope you will do it with a good reason and not only to expand badly the game1, still, I trust in you!!

linkandzelda

Years
well. i dought that i could translate to spanish. only english and japanese. if someone wants to do it that is fine.

link

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2012
Wow. It is going to be complete before Shiny Gold and with events too. Great Job :D
can I ask a question? Will there be any give pokemon events or any way to get more starters from any Gen besides the first one you get from Elm?

Years
This has to be out before Christmas or I'll shoot all the Seagulls, leaving you no buisness!
Spoiler:

What are you working on currently?
(Beta testing I hope!)

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
im still not at the testing yet :( but its close. im still doing lavender towns radio tower.

edit: just to say there is a new bug. you cant fly to cherrygrove city. its most likley not to be fixed but why would you want to fly to cherrygrove city anyway lol

link

Last edited:

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
im still not at the testing yet :( but its close. im still doing lavender towns radio tower.

edit: just to say there is a new bug. you cant fly to cherrygrove city. its most likley not to be fixed but why would you want to fly to cherrygrove city anyway lol

link

well, the only reason I can think of to fly to cherrygrove is to get the mystic water from the fisherman on the nearby island to the west.

Also, will there be extra areas, or will you just add more events to existing areas?

go laz the seagull pimpster

linkandzelda

Years
Thats a good point. but thats a one time only thing so you'll have to walk from new bark.

There will be new areas added and also extensions to existing ones. for example ive added the ability to dive underwater to a massive cave that spreads over the whole johto and kanto. You can then emerge to the surface in certain parts.

theres other things to that aswell. stay tuned. lavender town is almost done :)

link

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
Years
well i've been reading the thread now and yeah im interested alright the only thing i think will make it better is day and nigh if you have that i think i smeel a game better than shiny gold theer are good ones out there and all ut i get boreed of alot ruby destiny was one of my top and shiny gold but day and night feature and whooo i will play this game for a longgggg time i dont care about the phone feature and none of that just day and night if shiny gold had day and night then i think tht would be the best until this game comes out

GOOO LIQUID CRYSTALLLLLLLLLLLL
i changed my anners sooo yeah the top games i spport

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back