• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingouin_7

There is no Battle Frontier (think of it for a later Beta, please, after all there is already one in the original game, it shouldn't be too hard), but there is a Battle Tower, right?

Also, make the underwater gym have 16 trainers. Each one of the first 15 would have a team based on each of the 15 types (fire, water, elec, etcetra).

1- There is no battle frontier in G/S/C.
    2- There is 17 types.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • Almost there!!!!!!!!!

There is no Battle Frontier (think of it for a later Beta, please, after all there is already one in the original game, it shouldn't be too hard), but there is a Battle Tower, right?

As i said before the battle tower will be in but not in this beta. as for the battle frontier its most likley a no.

Also, make the underwater gym have 16 trainers. Each one of the first 15 would have a team based on each of the 15 types (fire, water, elec, etcetra). The last one would have an all-around team (like Gary in the 16th gym). But most importantly, make sure that all the pokes are level 100, make their stats the best possible as well (IVs or EVs or whatever :z), and make them re-battle-able, just by talking to them again! It could provide and incredibly fun challenge. And everytime you beat one of them, you could get rare items (Protein, Carbos, Focus Band...)

Thats a good idea. i still havnet given this much thought. i dont think it will be in this first beta though.

I mean they can use more items and stuff

It would be awsome if you cold have a battle betwen liquid crystal and shiny gold in vba link:)

that would be pretty sweet.

okay sorry bout that.
    anyway i'll repeat (and extend) the part that wasnt requesting you could probably fit a lot of legendarys in the game like letting you enter the cinnibar volcano to catch groudon or a random cave in the middle of the ocean that eventully leads to kyogre. You could add a new path in mount silver that leads to the peak and raquaza. The regi's could be scattered around as well.
    Any that was just a few suggestions, take your time.

i was thinking along the same lines as that. the locations of the legends wont be revealed but if people want i'll tell which ones are catable in this beta...

yeah those are pretty good suggestions...

lol you shold make the last trainer have level 100 pokemon
    the rest 80 and up after 8 heal the rest no healing andd probably get those rare items (berrys,master ball,etc) or a shiny pokemon or just some rare pokemon such as another starter egg lol

maybe make the 16 trainers all the gym leaders and replace gary with Lance or someone with dragon or just keep gary

but yeah if i were you i wouldve stopped at the first 8+elite four and kanto couldve waited so then you could just still roam around after your done with the elite four but if you're willing to take it further then ok... it is your hack after all : )

you can still roam around johto and kanto after going to kanto. one of the reasons i continued was because i felt there wasn't much to do in johto tbh. in this beta anyway.

update: lavender is done. now just the 2 routes above anf the the left and the main stuff for beta 1 is complete. then there is my event adidtions and touchups, testing and fixing and then release.

link

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • yipeeeeeee (or is it yipppeeeeeeee)

i have a question though...

For you (linkandzelda)

why did you pick fire red and not ruby/sapphire/emerald
    ruby has time?and decorating rooms just like GSC you could import tiles and all tha good stuff so why pick firered? is it more stable?

EDIT**
    can't you have a battle over vba arent they both fire red and you could trade too right?

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
  • yipeeeeeee (or is it yipppeeeeeeee)

i have a question though...

For you (linkandzelda)

why did you pick fire red and not ruby/sapphire/emerald
    ruby has time?and decorating rooms just like GSC you could import tiles and all tha good stuff so why pick firered? is it more stable?

EDIT**
    can't you have a battle over vba arent they both fire red and you could trade too right?

i picked FR because at the beginning i started on sapphire but then i didnt like the font (didnt know about fonted) so i then started on leaf green but saw there was very little .inis for LG so i went to FR.

my next hack will be a ruby hack for sure.

you can battle yes but only with vba link.

update: just done route above lavender

link

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • ooo gotcha cool but you should make it emerald though (its the most unstable though)
    because of the battle frontier you ca edit that and make it a whole lot better...

and yeah...

do you think the beta will be done by today it sounds like you are just about done with it...

edit** the only things i can do at hacking are just editing where pokemon come out so i can edit like ruby and put missing pokemon in it such as seviper and lotad and the like thats all i do i can try mapping but im not the best.... its too bad im useless otherwise i would be great help to this hack... : (

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • What does tbh mean??

Anyways, nice to see that you've completed Lavender.

I have a question though.

Are there any extra events in Lavender?

(When I played G/S/C, it's really empty with almost no events.)

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • thb??

i don't know i said tha(the or that)

lavender is useless anyway the only good thing is if it had a ghost tower thats it otherwise pointless

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • UPDATE:
    New gyrados sprite which I revamped, it works with the shiny palette
    Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

If you've been wondering where I've been I've been doing a whole lotta sprites tiles and music.
    oh and beta testing. obviously. I'm currently at blackthorn about to get my 8th badge, I'll keep you guys waiting.
    and I keep LaZ informed on the errors :P
    Either way shouldn't bee too long waiting :)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • great job revamping the yellow gyrados, I didn't really like it back then so good job!!

oh and there are 18 types including the type ??? used only by the move curse (although the move hidden power would have been a good example with it, showing that the ??? type was a late addition, like the dragon type in r/b)

You could have a second e4 in johto after you get all 16 badges.

You could put an item called space virus in mount moon, and take it to a lab somewhere to get deoxys.

you could put mew in viradian forest (like in pkmn ranger) but it is only in there rarely (as a sprite that you talk to to battle but invisible), and randomly walks around, making it rare to be found, even when it is in the forest.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    wow this looks great just a question though idk if i either missed reading it on here but do the sprites move just like in the original crystal? and if so is it both or just the oponents

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • wow this looks great just a question though idk if i either missed reading it on here but do the sprites move just like in the original crystal? and if so is it both or just the oponents

soory no, sprites don't have animatiosn, because this is a hack of fire red.
    If it was of emerald then maybe...but then kanto would be a problem.
    so yeah no animations. but we have a lot of interesting features anyways.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • There is no Battle Frontier (think of it for a later Beta, please, after all there is already one in the original game, it shouldn't be too hard), but there is a Battle Tower, right?

Also, make the underwater gym have 16 trainers. Each one of the first 15 would have a team based on each of the 15 types (fire, water, elec, etcetra). The last one would have an all-around team (like Gary in the 16th gym). But most importantly, make sure that all the pokes are level 100, make their stats the best possible as well (IVs or EVs or whatever :z), and make them re-battle-able, just by talking to them again! It could provide and incredibly fun challenge. And everytime you beat one of them, you could get rare items (Protein, Carbos, Focus Band...)
    Ugh. To make the stats all 999, dosen't require "IV's or EV's or whatever". IV's help, but even if you have max IV's in every stat(31), they would not have 999. EV's aren't like that. You can only have 552 EV's to each given Poékmon. The only way I know to get a Pokémon with perfect stats is via cheats.

Ahem, Link this is looking great! I can't wait till Adam and Jake(and anybody else) is finished beta testing. Keep it up. Luck~

joelvill555

Veteran pokemon trainer
    Years
  • you should put all gold and silver music on this hack and none from kanto... only when you are in kanto o and if its possible do try to change the battle music wen fighting a trainer and wild pokemon the gym leader song is ok and the champion is good too but you should vote on either gold/silver champion song or fire red champion song

good job on the gyarados sprite try and see if you could do that for all 251 old pokemon and leae the othe 135 alone or change them if you want lol just make this hack the best it can be

Ahasverus

Suicune Guardian
    Years
  • -LaZ, what happened with your idea of your communication center or something like that?, the aditional building that would replace the 2nd floor?
    -We demand screenshots!! xDDD. (Or youtubue videos, please, the wait is killing me...., hmmmm (Chills)...(Crazy)......)

Edit: Now I have new PC, so, I offer my services to translate your game into Spanish, the fact is, could you teach me how (the software and that)? and I'll do it as fast as I can.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
  • What does tbh mean??

Anyways, nice to see that you've completed Lavender.

I have a question though.

Are there any extra events in Lavender?

(When I played G/S/C, it's really empty with almost no events.)

tbh means to be honest.

about lavender. lets just say... theres a legendary there ;-)

thb??

i don't know i said tha(the or that)

lavender is useless anyway the only good thing is if it had a ghost tower thats it otherwise pointless

I agree. in gsc it was nothing of any use. only to get the expn card for the pokeflute music.

great job revamping the yellow gyrados, I didn't really like it back then so good job!!

oh and there are 18 types including the type ??? used only by the move curse (although the move hidden power would have been a good example with it, showing that the ??? type was a late addition, like the dragon type in r/b)

You could have a second e4 in johto after you get all 16 badges.

You could put an item called space virus in mount moon, and take it to a lab somewhere to get deoxys.

you could put mew in viradian forest (like in pkmn ranger) but it is only in there rarely (as a sprite that you talk to to battle but invisible), and randomly walks around, making it rare to be found, even when it is in the forest.

mew in viridean forest. that could be good execpt one problem... viridean forest isnt in gsc LOL. i like the space virus though.

Ugh. To make the stats all 999, dosen't require "IV's or EV's or whatever". IV's help, but even if you have max IV's in every stat(31), they would not have 999. EV's aren't like that. You can only have 552 EV's to each given Poékmon. The only way I know to get a Pokémon with perfect stats is via cheats.

Ahem, Link this is looking great! I can't wait till Adam and Jake(and anybody else) is finished beta testing. Keep it up. Luck~

thanks. i know nothing about ev's XD

-LaZ, what happened with your idea of your communication center or something like that?, the aditional building that would replace the 2nd floor?
    -We demand screenshots!! xDDD. (Or youtubue videos, please, the wait is killing me...., hmmmm (Chills)...(Crazy)......)

Edit: Now I have new PC, so, I offer my services to translate your game into Spanish, the fact is, could you teach me how (the software and that)? and I'll do it as fast as I can.

I'm still deciding weather to put it in or not. if it is in it will be in vermilion city.

screenies? tell me what you want to see and i'll do them as i'v run out of ideas to take shots of lol.

:O. thats a great offer. i accept just pm me and we can talk further.

link

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • And so? If you are to create a gs remake dont exaclty have it like in gs. I mean if your to have every kanto map small and puny like gs then im sorry but that is very wrong and not needed. To me thats just a stupid way of saying gee i got me the first finished gs remake look at me pplz lolzi teh best yada yada yada....
    Anyway yeah you should have 2 elite 4's. The original and the jhoto. That would be awsome and make this hack more awsome!

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    When talking about max-stats, I was talking about max stats for each pokemon. So not 999 for every stat, simply 31 in IVs and 252 EVs for each stat, got it?

I could swear this was one Emerald hack. I wonder where I saw the Emerald hack then...

linkandzelda

Years
  • And so? If you are to create a gs remake dont exaclty have it like in gs. I mean if your to have every kanto map small and puny like gs then im sorry but that is very wrong and not needed. To me thats just a stupid way of saying gee i got me the first finished gs remake look at me pplz lolzi teh best yada yada yada....
    Anyway yeah you should have 2 elite 4's. The original and the jhoto. That would be awsome and make this hack more awsome!

well i chose to have the maps the same as the orginal. sorry but thats how im doing it XD

the second elite four will be located somewhere else. im not saying anything just yet. you'll have to wait a while for it though :P

update: all the things are done from the orginal gsc (maps, trainers etc) now for the small aditions and tweaks.

link

linkandzelda

Years
  • nope. it will be released in about 2-3 betas and then the final. thats what im planning for.

link

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back