• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RaiRai-kun's XSE Tutorial [Updated Big-Time!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Like I said in the other thread, I suggest the author downloading latest XSE and adjusting the whole post to adjust or remove anything that's outdated, wrong or misleading. Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
Okay, so I'm trying to make the running shoes disappear after you collect them. I'm using this:

'---------------
#org 0x3B5D24
lock
faceplayer
setflag 0x82F
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox 0x83B5C63 MSG_FACE '"You stole the running shoes \nfrom..."
release
checkflag 0x82F
if 0x1 goto 0x83B5D3F
'---------------
#org 0x3B5D3F
hidesprite LASTTALKED
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x3B5C63
= You stole the running shoes \nfrom Steven

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
What's wrong with this?
Fire Red
Script:
#Dynamic 0x31CEFA

#org @start
checkflag 0x82F
if 0x0 goto @event
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @event
lock
msgbox @1 MSG_FACE
msgbox @2 msg_face
fanfare 0x13E
waitfanfare
msgbox @3 msg_face
setflag 0x82F
applymovement 0x1 @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @1
= \nHey, good to see you're awake.\pGood called, he said that you're\nsupposed to meet him at his house.\p
#org @2
= I know you're in a hurry, too\nso have these:\p
#org @3
= [Player] received a pair of running\nshoes!\pThere's directions attached:\nTo run, press B while walking.\p

#org @move

#RAW 0x13
#RAW 0x13
#RAW 0x11
#RAW 0xFE

#org @end
release
end

Last edited:

TwiliteFriends

Pialka vs Dipalka's Referrees
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 24, 2009
Thnx this is great! Is awesome! 5 star!

THNX It help alot!
And yur tutorial is understandable~!

Last edited:

mattattack

Huh, Son?
Years
Need help

Hello Seth I need help is this script right?

Spoiler:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
What the heck? What's the point of this tutorial... Another scripting tutorial?

@All Newbies - Theres a nice official XSE tutorial, no one knows XSE better than the creator so read that instead. If there's anything unclear notify HackMew.

Work on the guide is in progress :)

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
@ZodiacDaGreat: It's not new. I updated it. And, what do you mean, what's the point? It's rather obvious. To teach about how to script using XSE. You're right when you say nobody knows better than the creator. But, did I say this was a tutorial about how to use the program? No, it's a tutorial that's about scripting for use with the program XSE.

Anyways, I'm learning some new scripting stuff, so there should be an update soon. :)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Nice, the layout looks fantastic. I hope that you also add some more commands and stuff. But it's a spectacular tutorial. Nice job!

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2009
I'm new to this whole scripting thing and need a little hand, is it okay for me to ask here?

Anyway, here's my problem, why won't this script save?
Spoiler:

I put the script in, then I press Compile then I save usually putting the name as 1 then the Compile thing closes so then I press x on XSE and it then it asks to save again, so I do, again as 1 but when I reopen XSE (through Advancemap) it just has the original script there? I can edit scripts but I can't make my own, basically? Is it because I'm doing it through Advancemap?

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
@marbles the great: Yes, I'm pretty sure that's why. Because in Advance Map, you edit the script, not create new ones. You have to open XSE by itself to make new scripts.

@Binary: Thanks. Spent a lot of time on it. I will be adding stuff soon.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I put the script in, then I press Compile then I save usually putting the name as 1 then the Compile thing closes so then I press x on XSE and it then it asks to save again, so I do, again as 1 but when I reopen XSE (through Advancemap) it just has the original script there? I can edit scripts but I can't make my own, basically? Is it because I'm doing it through Advancemap?

You need to put the offset of the @start (the number it gives) and put that into the A-Map thing saying "Script offset". Needs a $ in front though.

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Yo Rai Rai Kun heres a list of Firered Movement Permissons by christos
Spoiler:

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
Years
HI i am sorry if you already answered this question earlier in the topic but i dont have time to read it. I need help, bc everytime i follow the exact script, it says "too less parameters at line 6. the correct number is 2"
do you no how to fix this?

Shaymew

likes when Dunsparce Glares
Years
If you use the newest XSE you dont need boxset.
You should have it like:

msgbox @text 0x6

not msgbox @text
boxset 0x6

=O THANK YOU! I THINK IT WORKS! Now i just have to test it....wait for signs do u use this same script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back