• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
what? no one helps me? that's racist!!!!!!!
Um... lol?

I would just learn how to assemble the music via hex editing. So much more reliable than crappy Sappy.

My question - how can I set the Pokemon Seen/Caught flags (namely in Emerald)? I want to make it so that when you first get the Pokedex you have Murkrow caught.

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Um... lol?

I would just learn how to assemble the music via hex editing. So much more reliable than crappy Sappy.

My question - how can I set the Pokemon Seen/Caught flags (namely in Emerald)? I want to make it so that when you first get the Pokedex you have Murkrow caught.
there are no tuts for this and also I've erad the sappy tut and he didn't talk about that error

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

In FR/LG there's a special for setting the Seen (and only that). I believe there could be something similar in R/S/E. If not, you'll need to make a custom ASM routine to do the job.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
Editing Typea

Im trying to edit pokemon Ruby so that there is a new type called light. I also want to change the way some of the types effect each other. (If it is not possible in Ruby i could do it in crystal.)
Any help would be much apreciated, thanks!

Years
I have just started to learn how to map, script etc etc. My qeustion is....... How do i make it so that a pokemon will only evolve when leveled up at a certain location?? e.g Eevee evolves into Glaceon while leveled up at that Icy Rock place in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Oh & im going to be hacking Fire Red! :D
Ta :D
Turbo~

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Okay, I have ONE question and one question ONLY.

How do I import tilesheets in Elitemap/Advancemap to edit an area?

Like, say I want to use Lavaridge Gym's tiles in Dewford's gym... Lava's are on page 4-1 I believe and Dew's are on 3-3. I'm learning both programs but can't move/add/edit tiles without leaving the map's page... I'm a super newbie, so maybe I should be using a different program altogether...

Please help me with this major headache... -_-;

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Okay, I have ONE question and one question ONLY.

How do I import tilesheets in Elitemap/Advancemap to edit an area?

Like, say I want to use Lavaridge Gym's tiles in Dewford's gym... Lava's are on page 4-1 I believe and Dew's are on 3-3. I'm learning both programs but can't move/add/edit tiles without leaving the map's page... I'm a super newbie, so maybe I should be using a different program altogether...

Please help me with this major headache... -_-;
use only advance map elite map s.u.x like pokescript and for changing the tiles,just select a diffrent tileset on adnace map

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
use only advance map elite map s.u.x like pokescript and for changing the tiles,just select a diffrent tileset on adnace map

Thanks for the answer! Where... exactly do I find this button/option? I've been focusing more on Elitemaps and couldn't find that sort of thing anywhere...

EDIT: I'm playing with AdvanceMaps as we speak and I found the Block editor. Is there a way to import the other tilesets without remaking them all from scratch? Because I'm not finding that...

Last edited:

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
Thanks for the answer! Where... exactly do I find this button/option? I've been focusing more on Elitemaps and couldn't find that sort of thing anywhere...

EDIT: I'm playing with AdvanceMaps as we speak and I found the Block editor. Is there a way to import the other tilesets without remaking them all from scratch? Because I'm not finding that...
go to map header and select the tileset number that you want.....

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2009
eh does anyone know the answer to my question? :)
does anyone know Rayquaza's palette offset for platinum?
please and thank you

JerisEnigma1337

Rocket Recruited Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2013
Ahh relief...

go to map header and select the tileset number that you want.....
EH?! Aha! Thank you so much! You just saved me sooo much time! -^_^- I just need to do a lot of digging before I can really dive into this project. Thanks for the welcome, too, everyone!

@Beesafree: You can find it with PokeTex I think... I started to go search for you, but I don't have a working platinum rom. Sorry!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2009
thank you - i will try that

EDIT: i couldn't find pokeTEX English.....
i did find a German one though, although all i saw was a list that i ran into before it starts off:

hero,4350808
heroine,4353C30
herobike,4357058
heroinebike,4359BA0
tower01,4381698
tower02,4383100
tower03,4384B68
tower04,43865D0
tower05,4388038

that's not helpful because i don't need those palettes....
anyone know rayquaza's palette offset?

now i am getting frustrated >_<

Last edited:

Lawnmower

Chibi Ninja
Years
Hi everybody, I'm kind of new to hacking (as in, just started today), yadda yadda.

So I have a bit of an issue. I wrote a simple little script for FireRed (I'll put it up at the end), and planned to pop it on the little girl in Pallet Town. So I go to compile the script (in ScriptEd), and it doesn't work. I tried both the little girl's offset (16575C) and the empty offset (800000). Still nothing. And of course the script doesn't pop up when I ctrl-click the icon in EliteMap either.

So I realize this is a common problem, and the obvious solution is to go to Folder Options and uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" box. But that doesn't help.

When I try to compile, notepad opens with the message "Loading command database...
Empty command database detected. Program halted." Does it have anything to do with using Windows Vista? Am I missing something blatantly obvious? If someone could please help me, or refer me to the correct thread for this kind of nooby remark, or both, then I would be grateful and deeply indebted. Because gratitude and debt are so desirable.

Anyway, here's the script.

#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x800100
callstd 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x0
if 0x0 goto 0x800300
msgbox 0x800200
callstd 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800300
msgbox 0x800400
callstd 0x2
release
end

#org 0x800100
= The weather's nice,\n isn't it?

#org 0x800200
= I think I'll head\n down to the beach\n today.

#org 0x800400
= Is that so?\p Well then, what did\n I do with that\n umbrella?

Thank you!

MC Blaze

The Breeder
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2010
Ok, I just started to hack a few days ago but I already hate scripting. On a totally diferent note, I need help with these:

1.- Is there a way to change the player´s battle sprite (backsprite, trainer card sprite...)? I don´t want to modify it very hard, I just want to change the colors.

2.- I downloaded a program to change the way pokemon evolve, but it was for DP, is there such a program for the advance generation?

3.- I wanted to change the Rival´s Cerulean City script in FireRed, but in the A-Map I couldn´t locate the right target. I mean, where do I put the script, over the S flags or the Rival´s OW?

Please, any help would be really apreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back