• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A Story...

Plot?

• Total voters

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • This is simple. Do you want Black & White to have a story?

And when I say 'Story' I mean cutscenes, characters with depth, things of that variety.

As for me, I can't say I'd want one, and if it was there, I would not care. I usually skip cut scenes in most games. It might be out of place for regular RPGs, but Pokemon already does that, so it evens out.

So, would you like a deep story?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    YES!!! I would love to actually see an actual plot with the game. And I want to see some epic cut scenes too.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Sure, a story would be nice so long as they don't overdo it. I actually enjoy the lack of any seriously deep and convoluted story in Pokémon games. As long there's a little something with a team and some evil plot that I get to thwart, I think I can manage. I think that the developers struck the right balance in the third generation so I'd like to see a similar pacing that appeared in R/S/E.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • seeing as everyone and their grandmother are anticipating a much darker tone and a much more sinister villainous team, it only follows that the plot will be much more involved and epic compared to previous games in the series. :P

Bay

Years
  • I'm pretty sure the games will still have the simple evil team will try to get a legendary and messes up the world somehow plot. D: However, it doesn't mean things can still be spice up a bit with that story. For instance, one thing I like about R/S is there are two teams, one good and one bad. I would like that to happen in B/W actually.

As for deep characters, the games already have them if you look at them hard enough, but the more the merrier.

seeing as everyone and their grandmother are anticipating a much darker tone and a much more sinister villainous team, it only follows that the plot will be much more involved and epic compared to previous games in the series. :P
    Hm, could be. A darker tone would be nice too. I think that's likely, considering the protagonists are older.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Of course, every Pokemon game has a Story, sometimes even more than one! But remember, it usually has to do something with the evil team, so that's why I think their will be an evil team.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • i wish there was more to it then just the usual evil team. though i wouldnt mind another one, they should do other things too. more post game story would be cool too.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm fine with more plot-based games (like DPPt started to do) so long as it doesn't feel so out of place. :/ They fixed it up a LOT in Platinum by having Looker sort of coerce you into helping investigate the evil team. It felt a lot more natural than a 10 year old randomly running into a gang of crooks and taking them all down just because they happened to be there at the time. I like that DPPt tied in the legendary plots together but the story in BW should be tighter. I don't need cutscenes, but I would like the plot not to feel pasted on top of the game. Either tie it in intricately so it feels like it was there from the start or don't have one at all, imo.

And I'm seconding vibratingcat--I think it'd be neat to see more post-game story. I mean, all the interesting stuff can't miraculously happen before you even become Champion. They could even use it as a plot device! "HEY CHAMPION, COME SAVE THIS TOWN FROM BEING OVERRUN BY TEAM GENERIC! D:" because, you know, you're the champion. @_@;

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • And I'm seconding vibratingcat--I think it'd be neat to see more post-game story. I mean, all the interesting stuff can't miraculously happen before you even become Champion. They could even use it as a plot device! "HEY CHAMPION, COME SAVE THIS TOWN FROM BEING OVERRUN BY TEAM GENERIC! D:" because, you know, you're the champion. @_@;
    I like where you went with this on the plot. Every game so far has always seemed so empty with nothing more to do after you've become the region's champion. If they could somehow extend the plot of the story to continue on even after you've defeated the Elite and Champion, then I think it would keep the game at an interesting and enjoyable stand. Don't just end Team Generic's plan before you're about to become Champion, but instead continue it like it wasn't finished yet. Intertwining the idea that you're also now the Champion would play in a decent role to the whole story as well.

I'm mostly hoping for a story that isn't as generic as what we've been given the past four generations. Maybe mix it up a bit and not only focus attention on the evil organization, but on other aspects of the game as well. Have more characters deeply involved into the plot, not just the player. For instance, I like how they interacted Barry from DPPt into the plot a bit. If they could take that and make more of it, then I think that would make a decent change. So, yeah, I guess you could say I'm looking for something a bit more deeper as far as the storyline goes.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

• I like where you went with this on the plot. Every game so far has always seemed so empty with nothing more to do after you've become the region's champion. If they could somehow extend the plot of the story to continue on even after you've defeated the Elite and Champion, then I think it would keep the game at an interesting and enjoyable stand. Don't just end Team Generic's plan before you're about to become Champion, but instead continue it like it wasn't finished yet. Intertwining the idea that you're also now the Champion would play in a decent role to the whole story as well.
    Yes, yes, exactly! :D I'd like my early run-ins with Team Generic but for the final showdown? Yeah, it'd be so damn awesome if they're all paranoid about the Champion showing up to send them packing and it turns out to be that Pesky Annoying Kid from way back in the beginning. :'D

I'm not a battler so the typical end-game "oh yeah okay whatever you can go to the battle frontier now" sort of thing doesn't really interest me. But extending the plot, even just a little bit, could be interesting.

I mean, it might take away from the "omg I beat the game and I'm the best ever" feeling that they seem to go for by making the induction to the Hall of Fame the crowning moment of the game but I feel they already cheapen that by saying "Okay you're Champion now, that's great, but you're barely even a decent trainer thanks to the Battle Frontier" and I just sort of feel... what's the point of even being Champion? :( If it's not the way to be #1 trainer in the game, stop making it seem like it is and shift the end-game focus to the plot. It'd be an interesting change, for sure.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, i'd like a storyline, my favourite storyline was the storyline that took place in Hoenn (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Well....... Basicly what every one else on this thread just said. Yeah.

I want advanced cutscenes (and it looks like it's gonna be that way, too >:D), really deep characters (all Gym Leaders have a of the story and leaves their Gym atleast once, that's for sure. The hero/heroine... Well, as it's a RPG (I hope), I'd personally prefer that you could make up the story yourelf, so their story isn't too much included... But then personalisation would be even more welcome... They may still do it.
    And... all that. Wow, these games are turning out awesome :o

...Maybe.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Yes. A resounding yes. The one thing I hated about Pokémon is how shallow it is, plot wise. I hate it when people skip through cut-scenes when they are playing games round my house, they are my favourite part of games. This is the reason I love FF games. They are always so deep, with huge, twisting storylines and massive backstories for all the characters and hundreds of side stories.

I think it'd be neat to see more post-game story. I mean, all the interesting stuff can't miraculously happen before you even become Champion. They could even use it as a plot device! "HEY CHAMPION, COME SAVE THIS TOWN FROM BEING OVERRUN BY TEAM GENERIC! D:" because, you know, you're the champion. @_@;
    Also, I LOVE this idea. I hated how once you become Champion, all Team Generic's evil doings just seemed to... stop.

Years
  • I mean, it might take away from the "omg I beat the game and I'm the best ever" feeling that they seem to go for by making the induction to the Hall of Fame the crowning moment of the game but I feel they already cheapen that by saying "Okay you're Champion now, that's great, but you're barely even a decent trainer thanks to the Battle Frontier" and I just sort of feel... what's the point of even being Champion? :( If it's not the way to be #1 trainer in the game, stop making it seem like it is and shift the end-game focus to the plot. It'd be an interesting change, for sure.
    Back in Blue when you became champion you felt like you'd actually completed the game. I'm not saying I want the game to end after you become champion, but all this post-champion stuff takes the wind out of your sails and makes you wonder why they still put an Elite Four into every game anymore.

There really needs to be more plot after you become champion because if there are dozens of super trainers out there who can wipe the floor with you then why aren't any of them champion? Some of them would certainly want to be champion so why not give some nice story-based explanations instead of letting us wonder why they just sit around all day.

SkyAngel

~Perfect Harmony~
    Years
  • YES! I'd love if it was more in-depth and longer like FF, although since I AM a battler I have no complaints about the Battle Frontier, just the curiosity of what the hell these mega-strong trainers are doing over here instead of going over and pwning the elite four? But since I beat them anyways, no complaints :cer_boogie: ^_^ but a definite YES to a more in-depth and post-champion plot.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    A more in-depth story would be great. And after bringing back some old fans with HG/SS, this would be a good tinme to head for a darker tone.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I definitely want more of a plot than just "Here is bad guys. Stop dems! (x3)"

I don't want to just parrot what everyone else here has said, but post-league plot containing Champion duties, more interaction with Gym Leaders, cutscenes, un-cheesy dialogue and a decent rival would make this a much better game, even without the flashy new graphics and hundred-odd new animals to stuff into tiny plastic balls.

Lua

dharma bum
    Years
  • it should have somthing to do with yin and yang..

and how cool would it be if all the colour seeped out and u had to play in black in white when the legendaries took a tantrum? a bit like the crazy weather u got in R/S/E when groudon/kyogre got a little cranky, except this time- no colours :D
    do u think they'll bring in arceus or any of the D/P legends, for a bit of backstory?

Back