• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lego Competition

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Lego competition
    Use lego to build something! (Up to the organizer. This could basically be constructing a Pokémon, since we are a Pokémon forum.)
    Hosted by Ben. and bobandbill.
    Yo, Ben., since you're the original host - thoughts? I guess It could be just any sort of lego creation, with points for originality (for building the typical stuff that instructions are given for with sets is less inventive imo)...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    So I guess not then. OH WELL I'll try myself. =D *plans to self* Any other event orgainisers that can see this and don't mind judging or something, give me a shout.

Years
    We need to get a few things organized quickly. So we need to think about a Pokemon to build; how about a legendary of your choice? We need a few emblems, which I'm no good at. We need CSS for the thread, even though not absolutely vital.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well I already posted a version of the thread without CSS, but I'm able to edit stuff anyways so that souldn't be much of a problem. =p I have a few pictures svaed in my pics folder which are lego themed and I could hence use for the emblems if need be after a touch of editing? (Set it up as 1st and 2nd get emblems for now).

Also I just let the competition be open-ended (as in one could create anything), but we could go for a pokemon theme like that as either the main thing or a secondary event? Legendary of choice sounds a-ok though. =p

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, I think that'd be the better option - chances are some people may have non-pokemon things in mind.

BTW how long would you think is sufficient for people? I set it for a few days, with intent for the last day to be for the judges and jazz, although can always be done afterwards.

Years
    Let them build for 3 days. It would probably be easier to judge during the Get-Together, that way, we won't need to waste our time after the GT...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yeah, that was my initial thoughts on that.

So basically atm it's add in the side-event of legendary Pokemon - guess it could read like this:

Pokemon Themed Lego Contest!

In addition to the main event where anything can be built, there's a Pokemon-specfic side event! Try your hand at creating a legendary Pokemon out of Lego. You can choose whichever one you like; it just has to be an Legendary Pokemon.
    And maybe specific emblems for that as well, or just use the same ones?

And then any reformatting if need be. =p

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Derp herp thoughts on these hastily-made ones?
    Lego Competition

Lego Competition

Lego Competition

Lego Competition

Yep, the last one was made out of lego. XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    What about these then in place of the first two for the emblems for the anything-goes ones? Somewhat less simple, another lego creation. =p
    Lego Competition

Lego Competition

Also Bay Alexison has offered to judge as well. =)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, I guess I'll just add those emblems to the thread then while I have time. =p Also, voting time I believe as well (!). Eh, I'll edit mine in a few hours.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Oh hey just a thought maybe also the Lego logo emblem for participants? Not that there's that many who just did that and won't win something most likely. =p Anyways Bay check PMs for the votes from me and Pave. =p

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    And I submitted the Mario ones over the Lego Emblem ones in the thread. =p

*goes to post results* Odd that a few didn't catch the fact it ended on monday... even with a warning from Bay.

Back