• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

theking6

Water Types!! :D
Years
I entered Brock's gym with:
Butterfree Lv.12 Tackle,String Shot,Confusion
Beedrill Lv.11 Poison Sting,String Shot
I hardly beat the first guy with Butterfree's Confusion. I had to go back and heal up before Brock. Brock was actually a lot easier than the first guy.
I left Brock's gym with:
Butterfree Lv.14 Tackle,String Shot,Confusion :t012:
Beedrill Lv.11 Poison Sting,String Shot :t015:

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
**Updates**
Anyway, moving on from my last update. After defeating Morty I headed out of Ecruteak city and into the best route in Johto, Route 38. I just love the theme that plays. Here Clicky.

Anyway I made it to Olivine city, all set for the epic clash of the two Steel type users. Yet the stupid gym leader wanted me to go all the way to Cianwood just to get some Medicine for an Ampharos. Hello, Pokemon Centre much? stupid Johto people always wanting me to do their hard work :(

When I arrived in Cianwood I noticed there was a fighting type gym, so I headed straight in. Not much to report. Skarmory's flying type moves were Crits and Steelix's Thunder Fang move was a Crit, Pretty easy.

Then when I left the gym some women gave me the HM for fly so I taught it to Skarmory and flew back to Olivine.

I gave Jasmine the Medicine and told her to get back to her gym where she belongs. I mean, seriously. Why not just get a bulb for your stupid Lighthouse anyway.

The clash of the Steel types was actually pretty dissapointing. One firefang took out the two Magnimite and It took about 50 firefangs to take out her Steelix due to its defence. But that Idiot Jasmine just kept making it use Sandstorm even though I was using a Steelix and she was using a Steelix. I thought they improved the AI? :P

Anyway I finished it there for the day. Updates tomorrow or Friday

**Current Team**

227skarmory.png

Skarmory level 26
-Fly
-Peck
-Air Cutter
-Swift

212scizor.png

Scizor level 25
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-Metal Claw
-Bullet Punch

208steelix.png

Steelix level 35
-Thunder Fang
-Ice Fang
-Fire Fang
-Dragon Breath

(MVP award so far goes to Steelix. It's the Pokemon equivalent of a Tank, with Nukes strapped to it :badsmile:

**Badges Obtained**
40px-Zephyr_Badge.png
40px-Hive_Badge.png
40px-Plain_Badge.png
40px-Fog_Badge.png
40px-Storm_Badge.png
40px-Mineral_Badge.png

**Next Time**
An old man who really shouldn't spend all his life in a freezing cold gym. Team Zubat and Geodude invade the Radio tower. And OMGZZ Shiny Pokemanzzz :P

Last edited:

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Myrrhman, you missed my spots. I'm RBY on Bug and RSE on Flying.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
Update time:
After a long and grueling training session, my team was Lv.50. I easily beat Will and Koga in my attempt to defeat Lance. Bruno was more of a challenge, forcing me to use most of my very limited supply of revives. Karen was even worse, forcing me to use my last healing item aside from 1 revive. It took me about 5 days of on and off trying to finally take down Lance. I used CORAL first, and she took down his Gyarados. Then came ROCKY, who fell against his Thunder Dragonite. MIMIC took it down afterwords. He then sent out his Blizzard Dragonite, who defeated MIMIC, only to be defeated by BOULDER's Explosion. His Charizard fell easily to MIMIC, as did his Aerodactyl. Then his Outrage Dragonite came out. Using the move that I identified it with, it defeated the already nearly defeated SHUCKIE and PERIOR. However, on SHUCKIE's battle with it, I revived CORAL, since she had the highest Sp. Defense. She survived an Outrage, which confused Dragonite, and was able to spam Recover. After using an X Attack and Dire Hit, I began using Headbutt. After he used a Full Restore, she scored a Critical hit, taking away half its HP. After a few more recovers and headbutts, Dragonite used Hyper Beam. She survived it, and then used headbutt and won. I sat back and watched the credits, and then got the S.S Ticket from Elm. I am now en route to Vermilion City, and my 9th badge.

Current Team:

Spr_2g_076.png
-BOULDER-♂-Earthquake/Rollout/Dynamicpunch/Explosion-172/146/170/87/97/70
Spr_2g_095.png
-ROCKY-♂-Earthquake/Slam/Iron Tail/Rock Throw-74/188/54/70/96
Spr_2g_185.png
-MIMIC-♂-Rock Slide/Mimic/Strength/Faint Attack-159/131/151/55/91/52
Spr_2g_222.png
-CORAL-♀-Headbutt/Ancientpower/Surf/Recover
Spr_2g_213.png
-SHUCKIE-♀-Rollout/Rest/Dig/Bide-92/28/250/35/255/34
Spr_2g_112.png
-PERIOR-♂-Stomp/Surf/Tail Whip/Horn Drill-177/163/150/61/69

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Updating...
Got into Galactic HQ
Defeate Cyrus[Video]
Defeated Saturn[Video]

Team:
Raedu@Quick Claw
Spr_4d_389.png

Lv 51
-Crunch
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Razor Leaf

Artya@Rose Incense
Spr_4d_407_m.png

Lv 50
-Petal Dance
-Leech Seed
-Sludge Bomb
-Stun Spore

Vailo@Exp Share
Spr_4d_459_m.png

Lv 38
-Swagger
-Wood Hammer
-Avalanche
-Ingrain
[In training]

austy14

Cannibal
Years
Ok guys, IT'S SPARKY TIME!!! Didn't play much yesterday, was pretty busy, but played some today so I'm back on course through Heart Gold with my electric types!

Spoiler:

I was at the foot of the big tall dark lighthouse when I thoght "I need more Pokemon!" I only had 4--Pichu, Flaffy, Elekid, and Jolteon. I figured it would be easy to get a magnemite, being a few hundred steps away. And yep, sure enough, after 2 Ratticates I found myself a Lv. 16 Magnemite. He was easy to catch, having a resistance to my electric types so I didn't KO him with my superior Pokemon in their mid 20's. And I had just recently gotten a cool gift from that Kimono girl after I saved her from giving some creepy guy a lap dance. This cool CD she gave me had surf on it, which let my pokemon surf! Now all I needed was a water Pokemon... Totodile! He was in the PC and easy to acess. But then I thought, "Wait... I was going to teach him 4 other moves!" Now I had a dilema. No way to surf... I figured the best plan of action was to go home. No, not cus I gave up. And definitely not to visit Prof. Elm... I like my virginity. But because there are Chinchou there! And with the good rod I got from some guy (he seemed a lot less pedophilistic than his friend who offered me to play with his old rod, what a creeper. maybe this guy in olivine is straight and not after 10 year old boys like the rest of old men seem to be.) So anyways I was back in New Bark Town fishin right outside my house with my long stiff rod. Is being a child molester contagious? Well anyways first try I snagged myself a lv. 20 Chinchou, and caught with a lure ball. Now why there are no longer Chincou in Olivine I will never know... so now with my complete Electric team set off, trekking back to Olivine. Now time to scale the light house! Battled some random trainers, and I wanna know why there was one girl alone in a dark tower full of sailors and a couple old men (or gentleman as I think they prefer to be called. either way, you're obviously a child molestor. but finally, I am no longer the target! seems like in this western part of Johto no one assumes I'm gay. Well thank god!) And at the top was Jasmine. She babbled about her sick Pokemon there, Amphy. Hey! My Flaffy is named Amph... she totally stole my name! well Jasmine told me to go to Cinnabar island to get her medicine. What! You b***h! Don't just assume that when I first meet you I want to swim across the ocean to run an errand for you! You know what, fine. I was gonna go there anyways. So I swam all the way over there, battled a bunch of swimmers (their water pokemon made no match for my Electric tanks) and then made it to Cinnabar. And look, the gym! But first I felt a strong urge to go to the northern part of the city... OMG its suicune! Awe, it ran away... Oh, what now Eusine? Battle? Fine, I guess I could train with you... I easily won. Now it's time to tackle the gym! And right away there's chuck... standing under a waterfall. Now why the hell would chuck norris stand under a waterfall? Guess I should turn it off. You know, I heard these gyms had puzzles. Not "follow the path, children!" Or in this case "get my out from under this f***en waterfall! His jr. trainers soon fell weak to my pokemon. After a quick heal I came back to turn the waterfall off. Your wife is standing outside, does she have any control over you? I mean seriously, that's why the made showers. Well we battled... And he lost. A couple quick Thunders from flaffy on Primeape and another good one from Jolteon fell on Poliwrath. On the way out his wife gave me... the guft of flight!... No, for a pokemon. And the only pokemon that can learn Fly are Pomemon that... fly. Why do they need me to teach them how to fly? Whatever... taght it to pidgey I snagged a while back, just in case. I still wanna evolve that Togepi into a togetic so it can fly, but I don't have the patience. Well I got the medicine and flew it back to Jasmine, so she was all happy. But wait... a call from Boboa? The safari Zone is open!?!? Well good thing I had no plans of going there! But I went anyways, training oon the way there. As soon as I got there I left, I was happy with my shocking team of electric pokemon. Time to challenge Jasmine! Her magnemites were easy, but her steelix... that ones a b***h. I figured I'd head on to Mahogony town to train there. I got to Mahogany town (after some guy ran out of a cave to give me strength... awkward.) I saw that, once again, the gym was closed. Let's see... that's... 1 gym so far that I could walk into as soon as I got there, no catch. Well I guess they can't all be Falkners... But either way I figured I wouldn't be ready for Pryce, wherever the bastard was hiding. I went north, cus some over aged boyscout wanted to sell me candy I couldn't even eat. $300 for a candybar? No, go home. So I headed to the lake. The gatehouse ooked a little suspicious... so of course I walked in! And got mugged by none other than good old team rocket. Always there to make touble, eh? So trained a bit on route wherever-I-was and then to lake rage. Ooh, a red Gyrados? And it sparkled... Wait. Vampires glitter, according to this new craze called "twilight" and red as in blood... OMG IT WAS A VAMPIRE! ATTACK! After it was gone I got a cool Red Scale. Then this guy in a cape wanted to talk to me... yada yada, team rocket, of course. Then he flew away. Superman? This is a wierd lake. After resting at the Pokemon Center I exmined this tree. It felt as though strange waves were emitting from it... maybe this store had something wired going on? No, the sign totally denied it so it's ok. But I go in anyway, to see Superman attck some poor man. then he pushes this cabinet and reveals, oh my, stairs! Maybe there's a cellar? But I follow him in. And take a nice save...

SEE YA NEXT TIME! :D

Current team:
2edmk4o.png

Pichu Lv. 27 "Volty"
Flaffy Lv. 27 "Amph"
Elekid Lv. 26 "Surge"
Jolteon Lv. 26 "Shock"
Lanturn Lv. 27 "Watt"
Manemite Lv. 26 "Magnet"

Other Pokemon:
Totodile: Cut, Strength [To come: Waterfall, Whirlpool]
Tpgepi: Rock Smash [To come: Fly]
Pidgey: Fly

Hm, this post seemed kinda boring to me... I'll work on making it more exciting like my other posts.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
I'd do regular Blue then Gold. Nostalgia factor :P

After I finish my Steel montype, I'll be doing an Ultimate Fire monotype going through Red and Crystal ;)

EDIT: I should have an update tonight sometime. Provided PC stays working, It's not been working very well for me today. Don't know if its just me or not

I'm thinking the original is best too... simply because there's a speed button on VBA <_< And last I checked, speed button was allowed. If that's changed, tell me, XD

But I can get through the first gen in 1-2 hours, second in ~4 with it. :3 Then comes the fun gens. XD

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Update!

Spr_4p_391.png

Apex
Lvl. 30
Mach Punch
Flame Wheel
Torment
Fury Swipes

Spr_4p_068.png

Jay
Lvl. 30
Karate Chop
Low Kick
Seismic Toss
Focus Energy

Spr_4p_447.png

Aura
Lvl. 30
Screech
Force Palm
Reversal

Quick Attack

Spr_4p_475.png

Blade
Lvl. 25
Confusion
Swords Dance
Slash
Teleport

Currently at Hearthome Gym. God, I hope all that grinding will pay off.

FANOFFIRESTARTERS!!!

Call me FOFS
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2021
Started with charmander named him LIZARDO
quickly got to pewter city evoled lizardo and beat brock
blazed through mt.moon and trained lizardo to learn slash
beat misty in cerulean after getting the ss.anne ticket
got to vermillian city blazed through the ss.anne and by now lizardo is charizard
got cut and murdered in the gym there
made my way through Rock tunnel without flash and got to lavender
went over to celedon and killed in erika's gym
picked up eevee and named him flaon
quickly evolved eevee to flareon
trained flaon to lvl 40, during that training session caught growlith named him fire nine
trained fire nine to lvl 30 then went to the game corner and used fire nine to beat team rocket
got silph scope and got through pokemon tower with fire nine getting him to lvl 37
went down from lavender town and got to Fuchia city using lizardo
saved at that point in the pokemon center

END DAY 1

TEAM:
LIZARDO(charizard) Lv.48
Spr_1b_006.png

SLAVE(pidgey) Lv.5
Spr_1b_016.png

SLAVE(oddish) lv.15
Spr_1b_043.png

FIRE NINE(growlithe) Lv.37
Spr_1b_058.png

FLAON(flareon) Lv.40
Spr_1b_136.png

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm thinking the original is best too... simply because there's a speed button on VBA <_< And last I checked, speed button was allowed. If that's changed, tell me, XD

But I can get through the first gen in 1-2 hours, second in ~4 with it. :3 Then comes the fun gens. XD
Yup, its allowed. And yup again, speed button makes me feel good about humanity. I think my record was 58 minutes.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
My VBA reseted my file twice on Crystal ...
Now, I just reached Olivine. My current team :

Lv. 25 Typh :t156: Ember, Quick Attack, SmokeScreen, Leer
Lv. 24 XTREME :t058: Ember, Bite, Roar, Take Down

I hope to keep going with Save States >_>_>_<_<_< DUH !
Also, how can I get Fire Stone ? The Dept. Store sells none, the Bug Catching Contest doesn't give it.
So where is it ?

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
You can get the Fire Stone via Mystery Gift. Alternatively, Schoolboy Allan (Route 36) will sometimes phone you and give you It if you registered him in the Pokegear.

You can also get it from Bills Grandfather, but you can only find him at Cerulean Cape. And that's pretty late in the game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Finally, Finally, Finally.

Hours, Hours, Hours

I finally grinded my team to level 60.
Sidney: Simple
Phoebe: Simple to
Glacia: Simple
Drake: Much harder
Steven: Got owned by hax and Skarmory. :shocked:

Then i was so angry i grindend even harder! My whole team to level 65 and then i finally kicked his ass. It was hard. He did irritating switches and Meteor mash attack boosts almost killed me but with luck on my side i won!

I finished my first monotype. I defeated Sapphire, with grass types!

halloffamegraschallenge.png

Final team:

Sceptile 'Blade'
lv. 65, Soft sand
- Slam
- Earthquake
- Leaf Blade
- Aerial ace

Breloom 'Spore'
lv. 65, Amulet coin
- Mega drain
- Headbutt
- Sky uppercut
- Leech seed

Vileplume 'Flower'
lv. 65, Macho brace
- Absorb
- Petal dance
- Poison powder
- Sludge bomb

Tropius 'Bronto'
lv. 65, No item
- Fly
- Magical leaf
- Body slam
- Flash

Cacturne 'Needle'
lv. 65, Black glasses
- Cut
- Needle Arm
- Faint attack
- Pin Missile

So i'm gonna do a Ultimate monotype next but first i must deceide the type. When i no it i post here again.

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
So awhile back, I started a Poison monotype on Blue. I got a couple badges but then I put the challenge on hold. Well, I'm back everyone and I've progressed quite a bit.

-Went through the S. S. Anne
-Ivysaur evolved into Venusaur.
-Beat Gary and got Cut HM
-Skipped Lt. Surge until I decided what the rest of my team was.
-Went through Rock Tunnel without flash for the first time ever.
-Went through rocket hideout. Skipping Erika
-Caught Gastly
-Taught Gastly Psychic
-Went through Pokemon tower
- Gastly evolved to Haunter
-Got PokeFlute
-Haunter evolved to Gengar
-Took down Lt. Surge no problem
-Taught Gengar Thunderbolt
-Took down Erika with little to no problem.
-Beat every rocket in Silph Tower with Nidoqueen and Venusaur. (Because they will fall behind)
-Using the fighting dojo and cycling road to level Gengar before Giovanni.
Team:
Gengar Lv. 37
Venusaur Lv. 40
Nidoqueen Lv. 41

Also doing a Ground mono in Pearl. I have one badge and am currently training in Eterna Forest.
-Got Turtwig
-Did usual stuff
-Went and got onix and Geodude
-Beat Roark.
-Turtwig evolved
-Beat team galatic
Team:
Grotle Lv.20
Geodude Lv.20
Onix Lv.21

EDIT: Both are single game challenges. But I plan to do an Ultimate at some point.

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
Years
I've gotten all my badges, and I'm at the Elite 4.

Team:
Spoiler:

Please, edit me, I finished Sinnoh in my ultimate mono challenge a long time ago.

mikep

The sky tiger
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 9, 2017
hi, all been a while

to continue on from where i left off on my
psychic ultimatemonotype challenge

where i left off in ruby i have finished all the other gyms and the elite 4

i have uploaded gyms 2 - 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhZDSA4H5k0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAFrBp55SJg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXikgk5ubzc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmaT-sOYUrk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hikqGs4_hcI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38P8M-7NqDw

and will upload the rest when its not 3:00am in the morning

i have now moved onto platinum

did all the beginning bits and have gotten to
jubilife city, hoping to get abra very soon

current team

piplup

bidoof
both hm fodder

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
Question.
On my Ice monotype, i was wondering if i can use Lapras's Perish song, then keep sacrificing pokemon until the opponent dies. Like Lapras used perish song, is owned, Sneasel, is owned, HM Slave Togepi, is owned, then the pokemon dies. Is that fine? Im having problems with chuck

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
Years
So, update on my HGSS mono-steel challenge:
- I beat the Red Gyarados
- Magnemite evolved into Magneton
- I beat the Team Rocket in Magohany town
- Aron Evolved Into Lairon
- I get my Seventh Badge
- I beat Team Rocket in Goldenrod city
- Prinlup evolved into Empoleon
- I get my eighth badge
- I trade my Magneton on my platinum version to evolved him into Magnezone
- I train my team
- Lairon evolved into Aggron

My team:
Mawile - Lv 41
- Crunch
- Rock Smash
- Strenght
- Faint Attack

Onix - Lv 41
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Curse
- Rock Throw

Aggron - Lv 42
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Shadow Claw
- Take Down

Empoleon - Lv 42
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Laser Beam
- Grass Knot

Magnezone - Lv 43
- Flash
- Thunderbolt
- Lock-on
- Magnet Bomb

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
Question.
On my Ice monotype, i was wondering if i can use Lapras's Perish song, then keep sacrificing pokemon until the opponent dies. Like Lapras used perish song, is owned, Sneasel, is owned, HM Slave Togepi, is owned, then the pokemon dies. Is that fine? Im having problems with chuck

For a start, if that Lapras is dedicated to it's Perish Song, give it Protect and Double team, as that would help survive, then switch out on the last count. I'm sure you would be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back