• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A new game...any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyTuckman

King Bulbasaur
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
Hey,

This thread is for members who want to help with game development, but have no idea what they want to help with. I myself am helping with a game, but want to make my own game, and have no unique ideas.

Feedback and suggestions are appreciated and may include:
-Programs you've used (AdvanceMap,RMXP, RM2K3)
-Game ideas
-Plots and/or storylines
-Anything else under the rules

Thanks for visiting this thread!

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Could you tell us a bit about yourself, Benny? What game-making expertise can you bring to a new project?

BennyTuckman

King Bulbasaur
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
Could you tell us a bit about yourself, Benny? What game-making expertise can you bring to a new project?

Well, I have experience with writing storylines, and I'm okay at mapping in RMXP. I can also program a little bit. Not a lot, though; just very basic.

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Well, I have absolutely zero experience with game programming. I can offer ideas if you're willing to listen to me ramble, but I can't assist with anything practical.

Did you actually design the "Kick Gary Oak" game in your signature, or did you just paste a picture of Gary into another person's program?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
The best for me is the RPGMaker XP with Poccil Starter Kit to use, but the learnig curve is big. To master the RPG Maker XP you need some time, to master the Stater kit features you need more time, and to master RGSS you need SO much time. But you can make a ton of things easily after mastered.

DO NOT make a generic 8 Type Based GYM, a new Team and a E4 like DPP, is too overused... Make another number of GYMs or GYM based in climate, continent, Egg Group, or else!

Use the Isshu Pokémon, unless it is a Anime/Manga arc that only use regional pokémon.

If you use Fakemon, DO RIGHT. Play a game with ugly Fakemon is terrible...

Some ideas. One or another may sound madness, but we must innovate and may end up a good game. You can combine some:
-Use ONE anime arc, manga arc or movie (like the Mewtwo Strikes Back game). DO NOT try to finish a perfect anime/manga game becaus is too long for a rookie, give up in half of way is the worst thing!
-Shadow pokémon reach in a old region like Kanto! Team up with GYM Leaders and save the pokémon!
-A game were the few trainers are locked in Pre-history period! You must team up with your rival to find a way (Celebi/Dialga) to travel back in time!
-A solo pokémon game where you are one pokémon the entire game. Good for short games.
-A Kabutops (see above) who need to survive the extinction. In mid-game it is frozen and awake in the current era. Many humans (near end Team Rocket) trying to catch it while Kabutops seach for another survivors.
-You live in real world and is transported to a poké-world.
-A interplanetary game. Every planet, most have a certain type: A ice planet has ice; a hot, fire; a desert, Rock/Ground; a darkness, Dark; a special, Dragon, etc...
-You need to fight the Deoxys empire! Maybe a new boss forms?
-Dragon Ball-style game! You seach for the 7 Rayquazza pokéballs!
-A Chrono Trigger-style game! You travel around time!
-Kyogre Flood Orre and only a few areas remains like the top of Mt Battle.
-In Ruby/Sapphire the main character fail to defeat the Team Aqua/Magma and you need to save the ruined world, maybe time-travel to stop the cataclysm?
-(combine with above) The people, decided to eliminate all pokémon using super-robots! You fight in the pokémon faction. Some GYM Leaders became renegade and allied in human faction.
-A crossover versus Digimon, but the latter Digimon forms are even above Groudon/Mewtwo level!

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I've been wanting to make a game with a new region with 10 gyms, only Kanto and Johto Pokemon, a more detailed storyline, and a few references to Kanto and Johto stuff. Maybe a town would be similar to a Kanto town, or a few trainers may have lived in Johto before coming to the new region for one reason or another.

BennyTuckman

King Bulbasaur
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
He pasted a picture.
Hardly a game :/

It wasn't supposed to be serious. :D

I've been wanting to make a game with a new region with 10 gyms, only Kanto and Johto Pokemon, a more detailed storyline, and a few references to Kanto and Johto stuff. Maybe a town would be similar to a Kanto town, or a few trainers may have lived in Johto before coming to the new region for one reason or another.

That wouldn't be too bad, and I'm actually trying to make a game like that, in the same context. Some Trainers come from Kanto, some from Johto, lots of anime references, etc.

But I do have all 493 Pokemon...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
DO NOT make a generic 8 Type Based GYM, a new Team and a E4 like DPP, is too overused... Make another number of GYMs or GYM based in climate, continent, Egg Group, or else!
You sir, I like! Let me throw down a few dreams of my own:

-All Gym battles are mandatory 2 vs 2 battles. Each leader specializes in two Pokemon types that guard against each other's weaknesses or capitalize on a shared strategy. (a Fire/Grass leader who spams Sunny Day?)

-The story is told from the point of view of the "evil team".

-The Champion / Final Boss of the game has an all-legendary team.

BennyTuckman

King Bulbasaur
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
You sir, I like! Let me throw down a few dreams of my own:

-All Gym battles are mandatory 2 vs 2 battles. Each leader specializes in two Pokemon types that guard against each other's weaknesses or capitalize on a shared strategy. (a Fire/Grass leader who spams Sunny Day?)

-The story is told from the point of view of the "evil team".

-The Champion / Final Boss of the game has an all-legendary team.

Wouldn't you only have 8 gyms for the 16 types, then?

The Champion idea is good, although if you were to say it from the evil team's POV, you could make a Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galatic/Plasma-based game.

BennyTuckman

King Bulbasaur
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2010
Well, it would throw a novel twist into the "Eight Gym" formula.

Yeah, you're right, it would be different.

Does anyone want to make a game, as a team? I know FL has lots of good ideas, and Cypher DS and Purple Materia seem relatively interested. Anyone else who is interested, just post a reply on this thread.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Sounds interesting, and I do happen to have an idea for a short Pokemon game we could make to test our abilities.

koby1

The M4's Best Freind
Years
Just adding what i would love to see in a game: MORE TRAINERS AND A BATTLE FRONTIER SCRIPT!! <------ need some of that... :)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I don't know what kind of discussion this was supposed to generate, but this thread doesn't really need to be here... Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back