• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ye' Pokebeasts Journeye' [PG-13]

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Ye' Pokemone' Journeye' [PG-13]

*accepting 1-2*
    ..::Ye' Pokebeast Journeye' ::..
    Pokebeasts. Sorcery. Curry.

(click map for theme song!)​

The Kanto Kingdom...

It is the year 803 B.C. The Kanto region is the largest, and most populated region in the world. The Kanto Kingdom back then was a flat, mountainousness with the towns houses built out of wood or brick; being more simple than in the modern era. There were more forests back then, and more forest life. That is because back then, present day features of the region were not around at this time, such as the power plant, radio tower and Celadon Pokémart. In fact, no pokémarts exist in the whole region, instead, there were shops or markets who sold various potions, cures for status conditions, and food products, as well as sweet and bitter herbs for curing pokemon illnesses. Similarly, pokémon centres do not exist yet. PokéInn buildings take their place, simple lodges for travelers in the region, each manned by a Cleric Joy, who heals PokeBeasts wounds with a variety of Potions and Cures. The Kanto Kingdom is ruled by the monarchy King Lucifer VII, his brother Lord Drako, and his wife, Queen Rosabell, hosting their kingdom and have their castle built in the outskirts of Indigo Plateau.

The "Pokemon" back then were known as PokeBeasts. The Pokebeasts' origins were still unknown at that day. Like in Modern times, the PokeBeasts were owned by people, to perform a number of tasks, however, it is illegal to own a PokeBeast under the age of 16. These tasks included PokeDueling, which was the name before Pokemon Battling. PokeDueling mainly consists of 2 or more of those who owned a Pokebeast, and put them against each other in combat. The Pokebeasts performed moves and strategies ordered by those who train them, until one of the other was declared "unable to continue". Then, the one who's Pokebeast were still standing will be declared the winner. In fact with PokeDueling, there arose 'Official Dueling Halls', also known as Pokemon Gyms. Seeing as most of the gyms operate under a 'inheritance' policy, they are owned by the ancestors of the modern gym leaders. They work the same as the present day, 8 badges then you may head to the Indigo Plateau. There, you are able to compete in a tournament to decide: "the PokeBeast Champion", a title given to King Lucifer VII himself.

There were also Contests; but Contests in the ole' days aren't what they are now. Both modern and medieval versions of the contest have an appeal round, where trainers try to impress the judges and audiences with magnificent appeals. However, in the old version, contests did not progress onto battle rounds. Contests in the past had a different take, as well being a chance to celebrate a pokébeast's ability to create beauty, they are also a chance to show strength and skill. Each contest has two rounds which can consist of any combination of 5 events: Appeals, tug-of-war, jousting, archery and fencing. Points are accumulated from winning these tasks and added up. The winner of the contest will receive a ribbon, and once 3 are collected they may head to the Grand festival at Indigo Plateau. If one wins the Grand Festival, they are awarded the "Pokebeasts top Elegant" awarded by Queen Rosabell. Society is drastically different from that of modern day Kanto, for example, the idea of women having their own pokebeast is frowned upon by many, although not illegal, they just find it weird. Also the treatment of pokebeasts is something that differs quite a lot, with the general attitude being that they are tools, to be respected and, sometimes, feared, not to be friends with. However, there are some who do not take this approach, they are certainly rare.

Legendary Pokebeasts, were in fact, legendary. There are currently 3 known Legendary Pokebeasts residing in Kanto: Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos. It is said that they shaped the world on how it is today, and thus, they are said to be the most powerful pokebeasts in existence, being virtually unbeatable. It is also said that on each of the 3 legendary pokebeasts, they contain 3 legendary gemstones, each resembling fire, ice, and electricity. These gemstones are said to be they key to unlock and find the 4th, and most powerful Pokebeast: Lugia. Other legendary pokebeasts include Raikou, Entei, and Suicune, who they reside with another pokebeast known as Ho-oh, a legendary being who holds tremendous power, and is said to be the counter part of Lugia.

Technology back then, of course wasn't the same as modern day technology. For example, due to the lack of scientific knowledge in this world, prehistoric pokébeasts are unavailable because there is no-where to restore their DNA. Also, pokémon such as Mewtwo or Porygon do not exist yet. The Pokéncyclopedia was the past day Pokedex. It is a giant book kept by scholars, containing all known data on the pokébeasts. This book is at least 1000 pages long and can be quite the burden to carry. "PokeSpheres" were the Pokeballs back then. They were spheres that you first have to wind up from the small turn-knob on the back of it, then throw it in whichever direction you chose to capture, or release a pokemon. Its unknown how they actually work, but it is so. They come in a variety of colors as well.

The Plot of this story and your Role...

You are one of 4 Pokebeast owners, from the village of Pallet, traveling together in the kingdom of Kanto, in order to become either a Champion of the Pokebeasts, or The Pokebeasts top Elegant, in order to be rewarded the prize money to help your family's satisfactory economy in wealth.

Meanwhile during your travels, the King's brother, Drako, has betrayed the Kingdom of Kanto, and with a majority handful of rebellious knights and members of the court, all have been promised wealth, they manage to take over one half of the surprised Kingdom of Kanto, which included: Saffron, Celdon, Fuchsia, and Lavender City, all under Drako's command. Drako then decided to start a war between the Kingdom of Kanto, and "Drako's Kingdom" whom he has called "Jrado" and has even renamed the Kanto knights under his command: "the Jrado knights". With this war, he plans to over throw his brother's reign, and claim the Kanto Kingdom of his own.

He then plans to seek and capture and control the 3 legendary pokebeasts of Kanto: Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos, and to seize their representative gemstones in order to bring forth Lugia, capture it, and with those in hand, he plans to take other the other kingdoms in the pokebeast world, and be claimed as the king of the world, revolutionized by corruption, greed, and darkness.

You and your group decides to try and stop Drako by first by traveling to Saffron's "Pokemon Tower" which was also back then when Drako ruled, known as "Drako's Tower" to stop Drako's war. Then, by traveling to the region of Johto by boat to seek the 3 legendary pokebeasts: Entei, Raikou, and Suicune, and find the mystery on how to find Ho-oh, to stop Drako's dark ambitions with Lugia. Along the way, you face Drako's 4 "knights of destruction" which were said to have been the "elite four" of the Pokebeast League, only to betray the Kingdom of Kanto. You also face extremely vicious natural wild Pokebeasts for you to capture, markets were you can stock on supplies, the commanders under Drako's rule, gigantic "pokebeast bosses", mini-bosses, bad cooking, laughter, curry, and so on!

Rules/Guidelines

- The roleplay is rated PG-13. No unnecessary gore. No suggestive themes.

- During each time you encounter a wild pokebeast (pokemon), and if you want to catch it, I'll decide whether or not you caught the pokemon (just RP the PokeSphere (pokeball) wobbling in the end of your RP post). Just so you know, its a capture rate, and I'm using a program to determine that percentage on whether or not you've caught it.

- Another note is that this RP is a bit statistical during fights; especially "boss fights". I'll explain how that works when we get to a boss fight!

- Powerplaying is ONLY allowed on conversations to an extent. Otherwise, powerplaying, or bunnying isn't allowed.

- The RP will go chapter wise; some chapters, I'll post an area with catchable pokémon and any special events, and you will play by posting in that area until the next area is up and you choose to move forward.

- I will tell you when your pokémon level up and are ready to evolve, and what attacks they know and learn.

- Pleeeease remember this is Medieval Kanto! So try to keep themes portraying to this in tact; ie speech, pokemon, and so on! Just remember the background. ^_~

- Finally, I'm going to roleplay the significant roles of this RP; like Bosses, Major Villains, and so on.

Sign-Up Sheet

Name:

Appearance: (Picture or text)

Personality: (Are you a neurotic, insecure egotist? Or a blood thirsty tree-hugger? how do you react in different situations? how do people treat you and how do you treat them? what do you like/dislike? - at least 1 -fat- paragraph.)

Background: (Just a little, or big, story of your character's life so far. Remember we all start out in Pallet Town. Just remember, we're living in the medieval age here. Intergalactic space travelers need not apply. Remember; at least one -fatish- paragraph.)

Character's Theme: (what's your character's theme? Just have a link from youtube or somewhere.)

Starter: (You can basically have any pokemon, assuming level 5, as your starter pokemon, however, have something plausible, it is medieval Kanto after all; like no legendaries, no artificial pokemon, and so on.)

RP Sample: (just include a RP sample in a spoiler for me to see if your good enough to join!)

---------------------------

Here is my SU! =D

Name: Mist Auffrye

Appearance:
    http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/348/269581-artlute_large.png

Personality:
    An intelligent young woman who is very keen with intellectual smarts. She enjoys books so much, even at a young age, even carrying her Pokéncyclopedia everywhere she goes, despite what people say about her and her love of Pokébeasts wonders. She would most of her days, state random facts about Pokébeasts, (what they like to eat, what is their natural predator, etc.) However, due to being a young lady of great intelligence, she is also horrible at directions. Her "left" is our "down" for example. She always thought that the wonders of this world needed to be exploited to full understand it, but it might help if she know where something significant like where she lived. She is also perceived as a horrible cook, since she is always trying exotic recipes, like blueberry fish. Finally, she is pretty much an egotist, always beliving she is the best at what she does, even if she hasn't done it yet.

Background:
    Mist was born in raised in the village of Pallet. The ocean was much closer to her home was this long ago. She began reading her first book at the age of 5, where she became more and more interested, as she began to read more complicated books, still at a young age. Her parents realized the growth of intelligence of Mist, so instead of following in her mother's footsteps in becoming a kitchen wife, Mist was given a Pokéncyclopedia at the age of 10 where she was given the freedom to expand her intelligence to the world, and explore the world of Pokébeasts. However, at Mist's age, she wanted to become like her mother and cook some meals, but her first dish, corn-on-the-rat didn't work out so well. Of course, she was not bothered or even cared about the media of the world this era; the fact that she, a woman, was looked down upon studying Pokébeasts.

At the age of 18, she traveled to Indigo Plateau to become a librarian, where she knew she would be surrounded by knowledge. At first, she wanted to become the royal cook for the king, but after one serving of spinach bread, the King became saddened that Mist intelligence was wasted at trivial matters such as....how much water and flour is needed, so Mist was appointed Court Librarian. Her love of studying Pokebeasts growed, to the point on one day, she would go out to the actual world of knowledge to study Pokebeasts first hand. Also, to improve her cooking recipe, on cooking corn-on-the-rat with TWO rats, instead of one.

Character's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R742n0ooZUw

Other:
    She always like to carry around her Pokéncyclopedia. At times, she does complain it does become a bother to carry around. Also at times, she thinks that any insult is a compliment.

Starter:
    Snivy

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    RESERVE ME :D I haven't decided on the pokémon yet. I'll hopefully have an SU up tonight but there's a risk that I can't have one up until monday night... ;;

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    May I reserve a spot? (I need the time to figure out how to do spoilers.)

Years
  • I'll reserve the last spot if it's alright (:
    Not too sure if I have the time for it, but it looks too good to pass up. So If I don't have a SU by the end of today feel free to drop me. Today's the last day of Spring Break for me so I'll see if i have enough time. If I do, I'll have a SU in a couple hours :D

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    [FONT=&quot]Tell me if I need anything added to my SU. (There are probably many grammar and spelling mistakes in this SU). Oh and I did a total "fan girl" squeal when I looked at your example SU because of the link you put for your appearance! (I am a Fire Emblem fan. :D)
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Name: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Adam[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Appearance: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/_...lem/images/thumb/e/ed/Nils.jpg/250px-Nils.jpg

Personality: Adam is someone who puts himself down constantly. He believes that he is bellow anybody else. He thinks he is useless and isn't any use to anybody. He's very timid and is very shy around people. Adam believes that he is a freak because of his attraction to men. He dislikes talking (the trait was born from guilt) and his inability to control his voice (As in volume and projection.) makes his dislike for talking even greater. He only likes openly talking to his Clamperl, Elly. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He's very self-conscious and worries about what others think of him. Adam is very awkward in social situations and over thinks while in any type of social situation. Adam has a hard time starting conversations and settles for a simple "Hi" and then utter silence. [/FONT][FONT=&quot] He dislikes troubling others and keeps all his problems to himself. Adam is very fond of his flute that was given to him by his parents. He loves playing it and keeps it around for good luck. He has a love for adventure and has a growing want to see the world that was grown when he was a young child. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]He has a love for adventure and has a growing want to see the world that was grown when he was a young child.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    Background: Adam was born and raised in Pallet Town. His parents are one of Pallet Town's small number of merchants. Every once in a while his parents would take him along with them to one of the cities in Kanto to sell their products. Through this, his love of adventure and longing to travel the world began. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]From birth, his parents thought he would take over the family business and take over the merchant business. When they discovered his speaking problems they were devastated. Adam felt useless to them and at some point just stopped talking all together out of guilt because he thought he was useless and a burden to them. He only spoke when it was necessary or if he was speaking to Elly, his Clamperl. His parents had noticed and had tried to cheer him up, but nothing worked. As time went on his timid nature was born and then soon after that he began to be self-conscious and soon he found himself worrying about what others thought of him. The only thing that didn't die with him as he grew older was his love and longing of traveling and seeing the whole world.

Character's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJAhjXM3PXU

Starter: Clamperl

RP Sample:[/FONT]

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Tadaa~ I usually don't make dark characters... and I couldn't make this one completely angsty, so he isn't completely dark-dark. He's just bitter. I have to start somewhere, ey? :3

Name: Gareth Skull (he refuses to use his real last name, which is Skander)

Appearance:
    Gareth is tall with pretty dark skin. His eyes are a deep purple and they are very big, though he often squints them. They are slightly slanted, but not really enough to be completely sure of that he's Asian. His hair is a very dark brown, almost black, and hangs down straight, only curling in his neck. It's not long, but it's not very very short either. It just about covers his ears and his forehead with a stripey fringe and gives him a dark look. His mouth is thin, like a simple line, with lips almost not showing at all. His nose is small as well, making his big eyes look almost weird, but kind of beautiful at the same time. Mysterious is the word to sum him up with. To add to that, he often wears a dark gray cloak with a long mantle when outdoors. It's a gift from his father and it can withstand wind, rain and cold. His father claims it's because it's magical, but Gareth frowns at that.

He as good as always wears a white shirt, made of fine linen. When traveling the countryside, he wears a slightly less fine shirt, but it's still pretty white. The shirts are loose, and the sleevs reach him down to the elbows when rolled up, which they usually are. For pants, he wears slim black ones. He's got a spare pair of them with him as well on his journey, for use when he reaches a town and needs to look better. They are made of linen as well, though his traveling pair has got parts reinforced with leather. He wears brown boots, made of thick leather to hold in any condition, but very well made to still look good. In his left ear, he's got a piercing; a ring of pure silver. It belonged to his brother Amandor, and Gareth found it on Amandor's pillow the same day that he left.

Personality: Gareth seems selfish. He often acts selfishly. From what he's seen, it's the only way one can survive in this world. And everybody acts selfishly anyways, they just don't realize it. There is no such thing as a true altruist.

Gareth seldom smiles, and when he does it's most often to sneer silently at someone or to emphasize an evil joke he's made. He makes them occasionally, when it suits his needs. Surprisingly enough though, for his intimidating demeanor, he isn't all too hesitant to make alliances with people. When it suits him, of course. Rather, he feels it's necessary to work together at times, like now when Drako is threatening the Kingdom of Kanto. (or whenever that happens in the game :3 )

He is down to earth and doesn't think highly of poetry or lies. He says things as they are and never takes the long way around a touchy topic. He has stopped doing that a while back. He has chased away his old friends with his dark demeanor, but he doesn't care. His Charmander is the only one who understands him... and can stand him. But really, he used to be quite the friendly and happy guy until two years ago, so if somebody really endured his darkness and crept under his skin, they would probably find a perfectly normal boy still inside there. Not that anybody would have the energy to discover that, though...

Background: Up to when he was 15, he lived rather happily in Pallet Town with his family, consisting of his older brother Amandor and his parents. They weren't exactly poor, his father being some kind of merchant with a lot of contacts who arranged for other merchants to come to Pallet's market, and also owning the biggest bakery in town together with Gareth's mother. But on his 15th birthday, his brother gave him a present. It was valuable, Amandor said, and looked a bit sad. Then he went out... and didn't come back. Neither Gareth nor their parents knew where Amandor had gone. Gareth waited with opening his present until the next day. It was a pokésphere! And inside it was a baby Charmander, screaming for food. Gareth took care of it, millions of questions booming around his head. Charmanders weren't seen around Pallet. Where had Amandor gotten it from? And why did he give it to Gareth? (I was thinking of having a little side story... with Amandor having run off to join Drako's forces if that's ok :3 )

Gareth couldn't grasp that Amandor had walked out on them, and became more and more gloomy. His parents became worried and more and more sad. After two years, Gareth's mind had worked out the idea that Amandor left them for his own selfish needs. Come to think of it, he had often sighed and said that Pallet was a cute place indeed, but it was too small for a man to fulfill his dreams in. So he had left, just like that. It didn't help that he had given Gareth the Charmander... even though she is his closest friend.

He has now decided to show the world... to show his parents and his brother that he understands, too, that you have to take care of yourself first and foremost. He will travel Kanto and become a strong trainer. One who can take care of himself. Maybe he will even try the contests... Charm would surely like a chance to shine. If he would hear about others wanting to travel Kanto as well, he would probably ask to go with them. It's better to not be completely alone on the road, even though he could care less for the social part of the company.

Character's Theme:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJsTS9968wQ

Starter: Charmander (female), called Charm.
    4.png

She's not at all as gloomy as Gareth is, rather she's his smiling counterpart, never sending her lips downwards. It's almost a bit creepy that she's looking happy at all times, even though it's an evil kind of happy during battles. She's just as down to earth as Gareth is, and doesn't care much for appearances, even though she likes when the inner self shines through in people and pokémon. That's why she would probably like contests, even though she'd have to work hard to make her honest inner self shine through her rough outside.

RP Sample: From the RP Johto's New League by Doctor Who.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Okay! Looking good!

First Snow: That looks pretty good! I've laways had a soft spot for those types of characters. :3 and I wonder how my character responds to him! Anyway, you've done a great job with your SU, so....Accepted!

Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers: [Sorry, I've forgotten your first name. D=] Gareth sounds like the Bad Boy of the group. :3 Anyway, you've done a good job with the sign up, as usual, and soooo accepted!

PS. Its okay if Gareth decides to join Drako. :3 That calls for a side plot of the story!

Jusssst waiting on THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!'s SU~

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was more thinking of making him even angrier when he found his brother there xD But making him join could be fun... I'll think about it as the story progresses >:3
    Also, I'm Rika ^^

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Then I think I misread; my bad!
    Anyhow, sounds cool; I'll most likely transition that to him being a general so to speak!

We'll see how the RP rolls out indeed. ;B

Last edited:

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • Name: Matthew Zelos Loken. (Middle name rarely known, I just threw in there.)

Appearance:
    Matthew[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] has grey eyes[/FONT], his hair is a very dark brown in a short design. On his torso he has white top. He has a black and grey jacket and on his lower half of his body he has red trousers with several pockets in also he has a black cap. A blue and white trainers and a black coat, he is 6"10 in height, 196 lbs in weight.

Personality: Matthew is mostly controlled but competitive if challenged. he is also quite kind amongst all this, lays a fondness of Pokébeasts especially in fire ones, when he saw a Charmander using Flamethrower against a Flareleon he was amazed at how the Charmander Conducted the fire. At that moment he became very fond of fire types.

Background: Born in a very small village called pallet, he was rasied nearest to the outdoors everyday he used to sit by a fire watching it burn and burn. One time he went out to put out logs for the day's fire he saw two fire Pokébeasts battling, He really got inspired by this and told his Mum and Dad that he wants to have his very own Pokébeast they promised him that he would get a fire pokébeast, so he waited and waited and waited.. when he was 18 they gave him the Pokébeast, and wished him farewell, but when Matthew heard about it in the next few seconds he wanted to stop the evil king's brother.

Character's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU7NzbG58Ik&feature=channel_video_title

Starter: Chimchar "Chimpy"

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Uh...sorry, but its not exactly what I'm looking for in an SU...I'm going to have to deny for now until maybe you have more substance and detail in the history and personality.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well, I don't mean to break my own rule by nagging you about starting this RP... but it's been a while now ^^'

Back