• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ye' Pokebeasts Journeye' [PG-13]

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Yeah, it's been a while and I was hoping we could start. I doubt that Pixy dude is going to post his SU at all.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    Could you reserve a spot for me? I will have mine up later :)

[EDIT] Im going to go on my other account MoonstoneSkitty because this one keeps acting up. I cant delete this post either. [EDIT]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2011
    Name: Elena Peirce

Appearance: Elena is a slender seventeen year old girl. She has an olive complexion, brown eyes and long, straight, dark brown hair. that she wears in a plait. She wears brown shorts that come to her mid thigh and has a brown corset over the top. Elena also wears brown lace up boots that go to her knees and she tops the outfit off with brown gloves that hook around her middle fingers.

Personality: Elena likes to see the good in people, no matter how bad the person makes out to be and is very quick on her feet to jump into an arguement to sort it out. She cares about her loved ones and will do whatever she can to protect them, even putting her own life at risk. She knows how to have fun and jumps at any opportunity to get it.

Usually, shes strong. She tries to be strong when it comes to friends, if she wants to reassure them, she gives them positive feedback. If it comes to people she barely knows, she tells the truth plain and simple. Unless she gets close to someone. Elena is also confident. Not about herself but about the things she belives in, if she believes her friend will be alright, shes confident about it more than anything and usually doesn't listen to reason.

Background: Elena was bored. She was bored working at her parents craft shop and making necklaces for any woman who wanted one. All she wants was to travel and to see the world, not bead a necklace behind a desk. Elena started working here the moment she turned 13. Her family had wanted to go travel as well, but the only way to do that was for the money. Therefor, running a shop was neccesary. Elena, however, thought it was un-neccesary. She didn't want to go bye carriage, she wanted to go on foot with her Pokemon, see the world for what it was and not cooped up in a tiny space.

After a year of working there, her younger brother died and she was struck with grief. He had died being attacked by towns theifs, he had died protecting his older sister. Elena thought it should be the other way around. Elena wanted to get away from this town, to get away with her Skitty and get away from everything.

Character's Theme: (Im afraid I cant post links so please just go to youtube and type in Piano Tribute Players Breakeven (Falling To Pieces))

Starter: Skitty

RP Sample:

Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Sorry for the wait, everyone!

Okay; well, we have our three people, so the RP is going to start this evening, or tomorrow; and I gotta make the OoC thread I guess? :3

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Okay; we're ready to start!

Just so you know, when Rika (Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers) approves the OOC thread, please only post OOC's there, questions or whatnot; I'll be the only one who posts OOC's here.

Okay? ^^

------------------------------------------------------------

.:: P r o l o g u e ::.
    (a)

The Village of Pallet and our Heroes
    Chapter theme Song

The Village of Pallet in the Kanto Kingdom. It was pretty simple and tranquil, even back then. Surrounding Pallet are many farms and open fields. The farm lands were part of a "pallet" where one could paint a picture. The Town was also home to many people who's houses were made of brick, stone, or wood, and the ocean , south of Pallet, much closer to land, had a sound that was very calm to the ears of a person who would like to relax. Towards the north of Pallet lies Route 1, where it is said to lead to The Town of Viridian.

Southwest in the Village of Pallet was the old library, (where it replaced Oak's Laboratory Back then) where it is said that it harbored any and all information about PokeBeasts. People come and by every day to read folk tales about the legendary Pokebeasts in particular. There were also a variety of Markets, and sales wagons throughout the peaceful Pallet.

In this chapter, it is during the night, and you are at your homes in the Village of Pallet, helping to prepare dinner with your family, in your low economic home. When the dinner preparations are finished, and you share the dinner with the rest of your family, your family gets curious on how you first captured, or partnered up with your partner pokebeasts. If you tell the story in a flashback that happened two years ago on how you captured or partnered with your partner pokebeast, your family will give you one of a variety of items just for your pokebeast (just roleplay the one you want to pick):

Charcoal - Raises Attack / Special attack when using a Fire Move

Miracle Seed -
    Raises Attack / Special attack when using a Grass Move

Mystic Water -
    Raises Attack / Special attack when using a Water Move

Old Charm - Raises a randomly selected stat by 5.

Be sure to try and include a bit of your character's personality and background in the mix, as well as when your telling about your partner pokebast, you specify what gender it is (if it has one) as well as any special features it might have, such as personality, scars, etc.

Also, when you are telling the flashback, just put: 2 years ago... in bolded letters, in a new paragraph, with the flashback in italicized format. When you finished the flashback, just put:
    Flash back over.

Afterwards, you and your partner pokemon will go to your rooms and fall asleep for the night.

Minimum number of posts is 1, but be sure to make it long enough then.
    You are allowed to write several posts, as long as you cover the chapter in the end.

Catchable pokémon: Only your starter.

You will not interact with other players in this part.

*You can refer to my RP post as an example*

Note: you do not have to increase the size of the first letters of a paragraph you make. Its only optional.

Theme of this RP post (of my character's sake)

It was night in the old village of Pallet. It was nice and quiet as the wind blew bast the village towards Route One. You could hear Kricketot and Kricketune about a mile away chirping and humming with the sounds of the wind wisping through the tree leaves in the Route One forest. Mist Auffrae, a 19 year old young woman, was quietly preparing dinner for her two brothers: Ephraim and Henry. Her home seemed cozy; it was made out of stone bricks, and it was coveted inside by a warm fire.

"...Its just about done,"
    Mist said quietly to herself as she was stirring a pot of soup on the fire. "Just a few more ingredients and herbs..." One of her brothers, Henry, the youngest one, entered the room where Mist was cooking. "Hey Mist! Its almost dinner time and --" Henry froze as he watched Mist stir the pot. Henry had a frightened look on his face. "Um...sister..." Henry asked as he slowly approached Mist as she was stirring the pot. "What uh...what are you doing?" "Why my dear brother; I am making dinner," Mist replied sharply as she turned to him, then back on to the pot. "I am cooking Lemon-Raccoon stew. With extra basil." Henry jumped and had a disgusted look on his face. "Uh! Uh! Uh! Y-you don't have to do that!!" Henry suggested, sweating. "E-ephraim said h-he was cooking tonight!" "Oh, pish-pash, he needed not worry tonight," Mist said. "Here...taste it. Its good!" "Um...n-no thanks!" Henry said holding his gut. "I um...well you see, Ephraim promised to make dinner see...and I'm holding my appetite just for his meal..." Mist sighed as she then stopped stirring and dropped the wooden spoon she was stirring with in the pot. "Very well then." she said as she got up and headed to the dining room. Henry sighed a big relief. That is because Mist is a dangerously horrible cook. Her favourite dish was Octopus Pie. Henry always thought that eaither Mist was trying to kill both Ephraim and him, or Mist had absolutely no sense of taste.

Later, Mist and Henry sat down on the wooden table, with their wooden plates and silverware ready. Ephraim, the oldest sibling, went in the dining room holding a black pot of vegetable soup with both hands. "Okay!" he said as he went in and slowly placed the pot down on the table. "I hope your hungry for soup!" "I know I was!" Henry said as he grabbed the big wooden spoon in the pot, and served himself some soup. Mist sighed. "Why Ephraim," Mist started to say. "I was really looking forward to the raccoon stew tonight...I made it and all...oh well." Ephraim broke a sweat. "W-well, at least we can save that for another day!" he said hesitantly. "Much...much later." Mist sighed again as she served herself some soup. "...Even when mother and father died, you were always the responsible and leader of this family," Mist stated. "I must say. I've grown to admire you." Ephraim cleared his throat. "Well, I am the one who is jealous of you." he said. Mist looked puzzled. "And...why is that?" she asked.

"Snivy!" that was when Mist's partner pokebeast, her beloved Snivy entered the dining hall, went towards and climbed up a wooden chair, and laid flat on hit, trying to fall asleep. Erphraim, Henry and Mist all looked at the sleeping Snivy. Then Ephraim looked back at Mist and smiled. "You are the only one in our family who has ever had a partner pokebeast." Ephraim replied. "Yeah!" Henry said as he was eating his soup. "Ohhhhh...won't you tell us how you've met him? Huh? Please?" Mist closed her eyes calmly as she petted her sleeping Snivy. "First of all, this Snivy is female," she corrected as she was petting her Snivy. "See the marks on her tail? That resembles a female. Second of all, how I met my partner pokemon is quite a long story. I'm afraid that when I tell it, it'll be bed time." "Don't worry!" Henry said smiling with anticipation. "We will stay awake. We promise! Please tell us the story?" Mist smiled and stood up. "Alright, alright," she agreed. "I shall tell you. It was about two years ago..."

2 years ago...

Mist was calmly savaging for berries in the outskirts of Route One. She was preparing for her next meal: Berry-flavored furry fish. Chalk full of essential minerals and calcium, she said to her frightened brothers. That was when...she heard a sound. It was bushes rustling. Mist was curious, so she went towards the rustling of the bushes. That was when...she met Snivy for the first time. Snivy was hurt; it laid on the ground, full of bruises and wounds. Mist was concerned, so she picked up the Snivy, and rushed towards the Clerics in the Town of Viridian.

When she arrived at the Town of Viridian, she was gawked at by everyone, by the prejudice that a woman was holding a pokebeast, which was said to be weird to a woman to have owned done. She ignored all that and headed towards the nearby lodge in Viridian. She begged the Cleric Joy to help the Snivy out, as she said it was under a lot of pain, near death. Cleric Joy cooperated, and used a variety of herbs to help revitalize the Snivy. A few minutes later Snivy woke up. The first image she saw upon opening her eyes was Mist, holding it in her arms. "Are you feeling okay?" she said looking down on it. "You seem to have color back on your face...and no signs of fleshy brown skin, so you are not a re-dead." Snivy looked awkwardly at Mist, then slowly nodded its head. "Thank you, Sister Joy." Mist thanked as she exited the lodge.

Outside Viridian City, Mist was carefully examing the Snivy. She set it down on the ground and got out her Pokencyclpedia. "You are...female, no?" she said as she was looking at a picture of a Snivy in the book. "Your tail is slightly shorter than the male's. Snivy wagged its tail in interest and intrigue as it then shrugged, not knowing an answer. Mist gently smiled. "To be frank, you are a Pokebeast that is not native to his part of Kanto..." she said quietly. Snivy blinked twice as it snorted out once and raise its hear towards the sky proudly, seeming as though that was a compliment. "How about thy accompany me?" she then asked. "It'll be good to have a cooking partner. As well as a partner to destroy re-deads...with love." Snivy shrugged again as it strutted past Mist, heading towards Route One. Mist looked on to it, and followed it.

Flash back over.

Mist calmly sipped the last portion of her soup. "And that's how me and Snivy became partners," she said. "Though in the end...we did not kill a re-dead. With love." "Its amazing how a simple thing can lead to a new friend," Ephraim said softly. "Though...sometimes... Mist? Your a bit scary sometimes. " Mist smiled softly. "Thank you." she said. "...I don't think that was a compliment." Henry sighed.

"I believe I shall get going to bed." Mist said as she got up from her chair, and picked up her sleeping Snivy. "Wait a moment Mist," Ephraim interrupted. "I have something for Snivy, actually." Mist was intrigued. "What is it?" she asked. "It is a Miracle Seed," Ephraim said as he pulled out a brown seed from his pocket. "I found it in Route One one day. It is said to increase the powers of a plant pokemon, like Snivy." "Yes, I know that," Mist said, unaroused. "However, I shall keep it for Snivy until she wakes up. I thank you." Mist yawned as she carefully take the Miracle seed from the hands of Ephraim.

"Now, I must get some sleep to wake up on sunrise," Mist said, heading towards her room. "I am going to the market first thing in the morning." "Okay, good night Mist!" Henry said as he picked up all the dishes. "Once again, you leave us to clean up..."

When you obtain items or pokemon, I'll post it like this:

Mist obtained Snivy! [Level 5, Female, Moves: Tackle, Leer]
    Mist obtained a Miracle seed! [Raises Attack / Special attack when using a Grass Move]​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gareth - Prologue

The moon shone eerily over the calm town of Pallet in the Kanto Kingdom. Gareth leaned out from a window on the second floor. Below him, the sign that said "Skander's Bakery" waved slightly from a nightly gust of wind. He didn't look at it. He didn't really look at the moon either. His eyes were staring out into the distance, wishing they could see further than the dark forest outside of Pallet's fields.

A door behind him opened, and he felt the room become just slightly warmer. Without looking, he said: "Charm,"

"Charm!" a gurgling voice responded. The Charmander waggled up to him and put a hand on his arm. That made his head turn to look at his friend. She was smiling towards him, with big, quiet eyes. As always. He appreciated it much.

"Is dinner ready?" he asked, and received a nod from the pokebeast. "Alright then."

He got up, closed the window and went downstairs, Charm tagging along after him. In the kitchen, his father Reginald was sitting at the table, boasting about his newest affair. The mother Wilma was finishing setting the table. When they saw Gareth enter the room, they quieted down for a second, but Reginald then put on a brave smile. "Fancy some steak, son?" he said.

"Sure," Gareth said, impolitely, and sat down on the opposite side of the table. As gloomy and thoughtful as ever.

Reginald and Wilma exchanged a look, but sat down to eat as well. It wasn't the most fancy dinner, but it was pretty well made. Wilma was just a good a cook as she was a baker. Reginald wasn't too shabby either, and Gareth had some skills... but he hadn't used them for about a year. He couldn't cook when he was unhappy. And he pretty much hadn't been happy for over a year.

Charm sat on her chair by the table as well, careful to not let her burning tail ignite anything. As they ate, silently, Reginald finally started talking again.

"Me and your mother have been thinking," he said. Gareth didn't reply. "About this journey you are going to make."

Gareth didn't look up, but he glanced at Charm, who smiled at his father. "We want you to reconsider. We need your help here, with the bakery and all, and we would be really sorry and feel rather, well, alone if you left us. Especially after Amandor-"

Gareth's fist hit the table hard. "Don't you see? That's why I'm going. I have to find Amandor and bring him back. It's not fair that he just left like that."

"No, but he is a lot older than you. We have understood now that he has probably found another place in the world where he feels he belongs..."

"And why can't I do that? Just because I'm the younger brother, do I have to stay here in Pallet town forever? It's a cute town, father, but it's not a place where a free man can fulfill his dreams."

Wilma gasped and Reginald closed his mouth. Gareth hesitated for a second. Where had those words come from? That's right... Amandor had uttered them, a long time ago. Maybe their father had heard them as well. And Gareth had just reminded him of them. Well... they were true. Two years with no other companion but Charm in Pallet Town had taught him that.

He sighed and sat down; he had gotten up from anger. "I'm sorry, father," he said. "There are many reasons for me to leave." He looked at Charm again, who now looked back. Her smile was unusually faint. She understood, he was sure of that. She wasn't just a beast. She was his friend.

"I want to train. I want to become strong. I know what it takes."

Wilma sighed now, which made the men look at her. "No," she said. "You don't know what it takes. Do you think you are the only one who has ever tried to become a pokebeast trainer?"

Gareth's eyes blinked. What did mother mean?

"Not now, Wilma," Reginald said and patted her hand. "It will only make things worse."

Wilma nodded and smiled. "I do understand him though. To an extent. And I am very happy that he tells us before he leaves." Something dark crept into the kind woman's eyes.

Reginald frowned and looked back at Gareth, who had childishly watched the exchange of words and thoughts between his parents. They had so much history that he didn't know of... he had been to young to bothered asking before, and these past years he hadn't bothered because he was so full of himself. But he shook his head. Nothing could stop him now.

"I've made my decision," he said slowly. "You can't stop me, mother, father. Me and Charm will leave at dawn."

Reginald's large, dark eyes stared intensively into his own dark, purple ones. Wilma's bright, lavender colored eyes looked from one man to the other. After what felt like an eternity, mr Skander nodded. "Very well, then," he said. Then he left the dinner table and went outdoors.

Gareth kept himself together. He wasn't going to get bleedy now. "My boy," Wilma's voice came to him and he felt a hand gently pat his head. "Remember that you are not the most important person in the world. Not even to yourself."

Gareth didn't nod. He didn't really understand. But she was wrong, he knew that. Everyone cared most about themselves. That was the way it was.

((OOC: I'll write the flashback and Gareth going to bed later, if that's ok. I'll either edit this post or make a new one if someone else has posted in between.))

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • OOC: that's fine. :3
    BTW! This is our OOC thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=251929

Now, this RP post is a little forshadowing on what's soon to come!

---------------------------------------

Meanwhile, that night...

A mysterious, shady group of men were in the wilderness of Route One, seeming to be camping with a fire, in the dark forest. "Hmph...rading dat pathetic Viridian was too easy, eh lads?" One said. "Their cowardin' in fear; that was a sight to behold!"

"Har har har! We're gettin' richer every day!" Another proclaimed. "Dis is just too easy! Aye, ya think they just givin' up now, eh boys?"

"Aye, sir! Those blasted Kanto Knights were no where to be seen! This place is belonin' to US!"

"But our conquest aint over yet, fellas! Remember our standin': Pillage! Kill! Take anythin' and everythin' that you see! Our next stop...Pallet!"

Their voices rang out through the forest as there then was a couple of loud howls...seemingly from pokebeasts. "Hal...OOOOOOO!" one cried out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gareth - Prologue
    Part II​

After that late dinner, Gareth went straight to his room. He had already packed everything and planned to leave as soon as the sun rose. Maybe he would linger in Pallet for a while, but he wanted to get out of the house before his parents woke up. Charm seemed to understand, and cuddled herself up into a ball in her corner of the room, the fiery tail placed so that the fire didn't touch anything more than her own skin, keeping her warm through the chilly night.

Gareth sat on his bed and stared out the window. He should get a lot of sleep. But he didn't feel like sleeping... doubt came over him. Was this really the right thing to do? He had been planning it for long. And he probably wouldn't be alone on the journey; there were a lot of people traveling the roads and there was a good chance someone else in Pallet had been waiting for a chance to go travelling with their pokébeast or for some other reason. He could probably find a travelling partner or two tomorrow. And, he always had Charm.

Just as he finally laid himself down beneath the sheets and was about to blow out the candle next to his bed, the door opened. His mother entered and sat down on the bed beside him.

"Mother..." he said. Somehow, he could get weaker in the night time.

"Gareth," she said. "Always prepare for the worst... but expect the best. And remember what I said before. Care about yourself, but care about others more."

Gareth frowned. "How can you say that? Everybody care most about themselves. Even you and father. You want me to stay here and help you... you wanted to have children so that they could be here to help you with your lives."

"That's not the whole truth," Wilma said calmly. "We were happy and wanted to bring more happiness into the world. What could be better than to have two beautiful boys who grew up to spread further happiness into the world?"

"How can you be so sure that's what Amandor is doing right now? You don't even know where he is."

"I feel that he is doing what he think is right. No matter what it is."

"And I'm going to do what I think is right."

"As long as you listen to your heart and feelings and not only to your head, I trust you will do fine," Wilma said and drew a hand through the youngling's black hair.

"Believe me, I'm following my feelings, mother."

"Then, there is probably a reason for you to leave. Someone has decided that's your destiny."

Gareth almost rolled his eyes at his mother's strong belief in fate and destiny. He didn't care much for those things.

"Yes, someone has. I have."

Wilma's eyes scanned the room and found Charm asleep in the corner. She was snoring lightly.

"You care about Charm, don't you?"

Something jolted inside Gareth. "Of course I do. That's different."

"How is that different?"

"She is a pokébeast. She doesn't work like we do. She is loyal. She doesn't have the selfishness of humans... she is true."

"Strife to be like her, then," Wilma said, smiling again. "I still remember when you came downstairs with the newborn Charmander in your arms..."

Gareth swallowed, remembering the fateful day.

2 years ago...

"Amandor! Amand-"

Gareth stopped due to him being totally out of breath. He had been running and calling his big brother's name for an hour. He had searched the woods, as far as he dared to go, he had asked around town and he had looked everywhere in their house. Amandor was gone.

Telling himself his brother had probably just gone for a hike somewhere, alone, to feel free or something, Gareth went back home. His parents weren't there; they were probably still out searching. Amandor hadn't been seen since yesterday. When he had given Gareth that present... oh right.

The dark haired teenager moved over to his bedside table, where he had put the present until later. It was rather heavy for being so small, rectangular and wrapped in dark blue paper. Now, Gareth ripped it open to find a box. And inside the box was... what was that? A round thing. A sphere, with a turn-knob on the back of it. Puzzled, Gareth turned it. The sphere started ticking, almost unhearable... and then it popped open. From it, something sprung and landed on the floor in front of Gareth. And it yawned.

Gareth dropped the pokésphere, because that was what he now realized it was. A pokébeast was on the floor in front of him. But it looked very young. An orange lizard, with its tail faintly glowing from a flame. Its big eyes looked up at him, and it squeaked faintly. It was hungry. Gareth was sure of it.

Amandor had given him a pokébeast? From where could he possibly have gotten a rare one like this? He heard the door open downstairs. The Skanders were back. The pokébeast shuddered but let Gareth come close. He took it up in his arms and made sure the tail didn't burn him, as he carried the creature downstairs. This was all so confusing. For some reason, it felt like Amandor wasn't coming back now... when he had left Gareth such a valuable present. But... what if he had left the pokébeast in Gareth's care until he came back? Yeah, that must be it. Gareth would take care of this little charming beast until Amandor came back. And he would do a great job.

End of flashback

Mrs Skander noticed how hard the memory still was on Gareth. She looked away, and took a deep breath.

"I know that I can't convince you to stay. I knew that, probably even before you decided to leave. So... I got you something that will help."

Gareth's eyebrow shot up.

"Here, let Charm hold this," Wilma said and gave her son a black piece of coal with a thin metal chain attached. "It's no ordinary charcoal. It's especially made to raise the power of pokébeast fire in times of need. It will last much longer than usual charcoal. Let her keep this around her neck when you think she needs the extra power."

Gareth was stumped. But thankful, all the same. This thing had probably cost not a few pokédollars. "Thank you, mother..." he said.

Wilma gave him one last smile and pat on the head, and then she left the room, closing the door behind her. Gareth watched the charcoal glimmer in the moonlight as he fell asleep... for the last time in his own bed.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • That was a heartwarming read!
    Gareth sounds like a main character or anti-hero of the group; and Amandor sounds more and more intriguing. :3 [which gets me excited for the main plot. ^.^]

Gareth recieved a Charmander! (Charm, Lv. 5, Female, Moves: Scratch, Growl)
    Gareth obtained a Charcoal! [raises special attack / attack when using a fire move)

[You can view all of your pokemon / items / gald in the OOC thread.]

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Some more for my roleplay post; [which I forgot in my first] plus by the way, we are accepting 1-2 more for this roleplay. ^^

---------------------------------

Ephraim woke up from his long slumber during the middle of the night. He decided that he wanted a drink of water, so he got up from his bed, and approached the kitchen. Luckily, the well was full that night, so getting a drink was easy for him. He yawned as he put down the cup he drank from, and approached back to bed -- only to find Mist sitting on the foot of the window near the kitchen. Ephraim was curious on what she was up to, so he approached her. He saw that Mist was reading from her Pokencyclopedia.

"Mist..." Ephraim said, still half-asleep. "What are you doing awake? I thought you had to go to the market tomorrow. "...I could ask thou the same thing." Mist said as she continued to read, not looking up. "Ah, well...I wasn't sleepy, so I decided to take a drink." Ephraim replied.

Mist continued to read, not looking away from the book. "When you're tired, there's nothing better than a good meal and a long sleep. And if you look at page 990 of 'De Meganium Floris Mysticis', there's a special herb that, once decorticated into a potion will help relax your muscles. Look for the parfina flower, and reduce it into a thick syrup before drinking. Oh, and I hear music helps you sleep," she explained. "If you like, I can hum something for you."

Ephraim smiled. "Thank you," he thanked. "However, I think I'll pass on your offer, delightful though your humming might be."

Ephraim sat on the windowsill next to Mist. "So, what are you doing, Mist?" he asked. "Hm? OH, I was just reading up on the scorpus draious," Mist explained. "Also known as the pokebeast known as Drapion." Ephraim chuckled. "...You haven't changed a bit." he chuckled. Mist finally looked away from the pages she was reading and looked back onto Ephraim. "What do you mean?" she asked curiously. "When we were kids, you spent most of your time sequestered in your room, studying books," Ephraim reminded. "On the rare occasion you went outside, you were paralyzed with fascination."

"Of course!" Mist said. "There are so many fascinating things to be learned from nature! There are a great many books out there, and I have read most of them,of course. But I've found that what is written can differ greatly from how things truly are. Take this chemidal ladius; the Ledyba, for example. I've been reading from 'The Glossary of Ladius Entomology' lately. According to the glossary, their wings fall off once they reach maturity. However, I have just found an adult ledyba whose wings still work perfectly! Exceptions do exist to the rules my books outline. Ephraim...I want to start exploring."

"...And I can see why," Ephraim said with a laugh. "Well, you said you were going to the market tomorrow...is it to prepare for said journey?" "It is." Mist replied as she turned back to read. "I see..." Ephraim said. "Well, good luck tomorrow. I'm going back to bed. You must be tired as well. Take care of yourself,and rest when you can." "I will," Mist explained. "I'll just hum to myself until I fall asleep." "Goodnight then." Ephraim said as he walked back to bed.

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I decided to end my post abruptly. This isn't my best post at all, but it isn't my worst. Personally I think it could be better, but I don't want to keep you all waiting.

Prologue​

It was night time in Pallet Town. The Kricketot and Kricketune were playing their nightly places that soothe many of the town's people. Adam was the only one in the town who was breaking down. His parents were sitting around the table, waiting for him to come out with the food and so far he had been overcooking everything. He had a hard time deciding when the food was to be put off the fire.

Adam carried a tray of food to his parents and put it down in front of them. They looked at what they got strangely and sighed. His mother stood up and patted him comfortingly.

"I-I'm sorry," Adam stuttered uncontrollably, "I-I d-decided not-t to let you wait."

"It's fine," His mother sighed sadly, "I'll cook dinner again tonight."

His parents were hoping that Adam had gained his confidence back. Sadly, their hopes were crushed. They wanted Adam to gain some confidence in himself, like he had when he was a child, even if only a little.

Adam looked down sadly, but his eyes brighten to see his Clamperl, Elly, under the table. He smiled lightly and patted her pink pearl like head.

"Elly," His father stated after seeing the clam Pokemon, "Her check-up tomorrow isn't it?"

Adam nodded his head while placing Elly on his lap. He strummed his fingers along what use to be cracked shell, reminiscing on how they met.

Flashback:

Adam was running home from the city of Viridian. His parents were at the market trying to sell their products and Adam had forgotten to bring an item from home that his parents had planned to sell. He had panicked when he noticed he forgotten it and didn't tell them until they had reached the city. Of course, they were outraged, but held it in and just told him to run back and get it.

He had reached his small house and grabbed the item he forgotten, a scroll, and was about to head out when he heard a bang by the door. Adam opened the door, only to jump and gasp back in shock. Adam knew it was a Pokebeast, but this one was in a horrible condition. Its shell was an unhealthy shade of blue and it was cracked in many places. The head that was inside the shell was already loosing color and looked almost grey.

"Clamperl, perl," The Pokebeast moaned loudly in pain.

End Flashback

After that, Adam had rushed to the Pokemn center. Now Adam was to bring Elly to checkups every once in a while and the one the next day would most likely be the last. Through the two years that Elly has been part of the family, Adam began opening up to the Pokebeast and soon he found himself talking to her.

Adam's mother had come back with dinner and the family was eating quietly. Adam sat up and put his plate in the sink and grabbed a bowl of food for Elly.

"Adam," His father called.

Adam turned his attention to his father and nodded. Adam's father wanted to sigh, but he kept it in. He seemed to be fishing something from his pocket. He held something out and Adam leaned closer to see what his father was holding. In his worn down hands was something that looked similar to a necklace. A piece of plain wire was strung together holding a tear drop in its grasp.

"It's a Mystic Water," Adam's father explained, "It's an item just for water Pokebeast like Elly here."

The aged man stood up and crouched down to where Elly was. He put the necklace inside her clam like shell.

"There you go."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Not to worry; its a nice post! Adam has a pretty gentle character. :3

Adam received a Clamperl! (Elly, Lv. 5, Moves: Clamp, Whirlpool, Iron Defense, Water Gun)
    Adam obtained a Mystic Water! [raises special attack / attack when using a Water move)

[You can view all of your pokemon / items / gald in the OOC thread.]

There's still one more who just joined us; just awaiting his post.

CrossJHero

Kiriya White......
    Years
  • Wayne was living his life in the small village named Pallet. It had a serene air and continued to sty a quiet town. His family Chatot was imitating the sounds of the forest that filled the town. Wayne Ronam, a 19 year old, was waiting for his younger sister to finish with the dinner.

"It's done!!" Elena Ronam said as she smiled at her brother, "Come and get it!!"
    Wayne smiled at his sister and strolled over to the kitchen where a broth was being made, as he then grabbed some spices, and put it in, causing the smell to perk up a lot.

"The secret ingredient is basil." Wayne said to his sister.

Elena simply said, "I don't know how I'm going to get by without you. I mean since mom…left, I haven't been able to get rid of this hole in my chest, and you're the only one who can mend it."

"Stop the melodramatics." Wayne said coldly, not wanting to make his sister sad, "That guy you've been seeing has been helping you out. Also, mom wouldn't want you to mope. Understand?"

Elena then smiled as she said, "Brother. You're so mean."

"Only to you." Wayne said jokingly.

"But Axew helps too. I mean, he helps cut firewood for me to cook. Without him, only guys from around the town can help me cut. By the way, how did you get Axew?"

Axew, responding to its name came around and then smiled saying, "Ax-ew, Axew!!"

"It started three years ago." Wayne said.

Flashback of 3 years ago...

Wayne was in knight armor as he said, "We'll send the men with the Machamp Pokebeasts to the front lines, because the Machamps can handle two opponents at once. The Pidgeot, Noctowl, and Staraptor troops will be stealthy, and go behind the enemy army, so that we can close in on them and forsee any future attack. We'll send the Diglett and Dugtrio teams underground, so as to have another front to attack the other troops. I'll send the Doduo and Dodrio teams in the back of the troops, so as to have them to close any infiltrators in, and to make sure that no one else could get between us, because those Pokebeasts are fast enough to close in on almost any opponent."

One knight then said to him, "Slash, that plan is ingenius, it's almost as good as your father's plans."

Out of anger, Wayne's face hardened, because he hated being compared to his father who abandoned his mother to die, but he still accepted the honor nonetheless, "Thank you Gawain."

The king came into the room, and all of the knights went on their knees, as the king then said, "Wayne. Come with me."

The king then walked through a well designed corridor with Wayne following, as he then walked into the round table room and the king sat down at the center, with Wayne going on one knee.

"Get up." Wayne's father said as Wayne got up.

"Slash. No, Wayne. It has come to our attention that your skills have grown in the time that you have spent with us. But, in order for you to fully be useful to us, and for you to live a fun and fulfilling life, we have decided to give you an exotic pokebeast which compliments your abilities." Wayne's father continued, "It's name is Axew, and it is brown, a special color, our scientists have called it a shiny Axew. It is very powerful, and was even mistaken to be a legendary. This will be your partner on your journey, and it has been approved by the king. As of now, you are now relieved of your duties."

Wayne bowed, collected the brown Axew and walked out, smiling at his new partner, and walked out saying, "This is where that life ends and this one begins huh."

"Axew-Axew!" Axew said happily.

Flash back over.

"That is how me and Axew became partners, and eventually, well tomorrow, we will be going on our journey." Wayne said with a smile, finishing his food saying, "Delicious."

"Even though I don't want you to go, I bought something for you." Elena said.

"Are you okay?" Wayne said about to lose his temper but still with a cool layer of relaxation over his voice, his voice only changed in tone saying, "You need money more than me, the only reason I became a knight was to feed you, and you know that!!"

"I just want you to have this, so that you can remember me. And Dad pitched in." Elena said somewhat scared as she held out the Old Charm.

"Thank you." Wayne said coolly as he then smiled half-heartedly due to the fact that his father was rich, and did not contribute to the family funds took it and put it around Axew's neck.

"I have to go to sleep." Wayne said, "I'm going to the market in the morning."

Wayne kissed his sister on the cheek and went to his bedroom to sleep.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Nice job; good post! Wayne definitely sounds laid back!

Wayne obtained a Axew! [Lv 5, Moves: Scratch, Leer]
    Wayne received an Old Charm! [Raises Attack]

[you can view all your items, pokemon, and gald in the OOC thread.]

-------------------------------------------------------

.:: P r o l o g u e ::.
    (b)

The Village of Pallet
    Chapter theme Song

The Village of Pallet in the Kanto Kingdom. It was pretty simple and tranquil, even back then. Surrounding Pallet are many farms and open fields. The farm lands were part of a "pallet" where one could paint a picture. The Town was also home to many people who's houses were made of brick, stone, or wood, and the ocean , south of Pallet, much closer to land, had a sound that was very calm to the ears of a person who would like to relax. Towards the north of Pallet lies Route 1, where it is said to lead to The Town of Viridian.

Southwest in the Village of Pallet was the old library, (where it replaced Oak's Laboratory Back then) where it is said that it harbored any and all information about PokeBeasts. People come and by every day to read folk tales about the legendary Pokebeasts in particular. There were also a variety of Markets, and sales wagons throughout the peaceful Pallet.​

In this part of the prologue, it is morning in the village of Pallet, and you decide to head on out from your homes to prepare for your planned journey, or whatever you plan on doing.

In this chapter, do at least 2 out of 3 events:

1) Visit one of the pokebeast markets, that is hosted outside near the old library. This market will specialize on selling recovery items, which you are free to choose whether or not to perchase any item on the shelves, at any quantity up to 5 for each:

Potion [heals 20 HP] - 20 Gald

Antidote [heals Poison] - 10 Gald

Awakening [heals Drowziness] - 10 Gald

Burn Heal [heals burn] - 10 Gald

Parlyz Heal [heals paralysis] - 10 Gald

Heal Powder [heals any kind of aliment] - 10 Gald

After you take a look at the items from that market, the owner of that shop will mummer and complain about his rival, the market just across from his, which specializes on general pokebeast items, like Pokespheres. If you hear him out, he'll give you a discount card for all Pokebeast recovery items that gives you a 50% discount for any market that specialize on recovery items.

Remember to keep track on the gald spent!

2)
    Visit one of the pokebeast markets, that is hosted outside near the old library. This market will specialize on selling like Pokespheres, which you are free to choose whether or not to perchase any item on the shelves, at any quantity you want, within your budget.

Pokespheres [this is the basic item to catch pokemon. If you choose to perchase it, you are also free to choose whatever color Pokesphere you want. These colors have no effects however.] - 10 Gald each.

After looking at all the Pokespheres, the owner of the market will mumble and complain about his rival, the owner of the market across from him, who sells recovery items. If you hear him out, he'll give you a rare Amulet Coin, which doubles the amount of Gald you get after a battle.

Remember to keep track on the gald spent!

3) Visit the Old Library to arm yourself with knowledge about different pokebeasts. It is located southwest in the Village of Pallet (where it replaced Oak's Laboratory Back then) where it is said that it harbor any and all information about PokeBeasts. You'll meet up with an elderly woman who works as the librarian. Then, she will introduce you and show books to a different pokebeasts: Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour, and tells you about them. Then, she will show you a book about the legendary Pokebeasts. She'll day dream a bit, and she'll mention one of the the legendary pokebeasts: Moltres, and how she met up with one. If you hear her out, she'll give you a new edition to the Pokeencyclopedia, where it contains all information about the pokebeasts, as well as eaither a Dragon Fang to raise Dragon type moves, a Black Belt to raise fighting moves, or a Silk Scarf to raise normal type moves.

Notes:

Minimum number of posts is 2, at least one for each event you decide to do. You can also do all three events if you wish.
    You are allowed to write several posts, as long as you cover the chapter in the end.

Catchable pokémon: Only your starter.

Also, if you get the extra item from one market, you can't get the other from the other market. So, if you choose to get the Amulet Coin from the market that sells PokeSpheres, you can't get the discount card from the market that sells recovery items.

You will not interact with other players in this part - you all go around Pallet at different times.

[my RP post coming soon]

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gareth - Prologue B
    Part I​

Long after the sun had risen over the peaceful Pallet Town., Gareth still sat under a tree on the town's outskirts. He had gone there as soon as dawn had come, not wanting to meet his parents this morning. Charm the Charmander sat beside him, watching him closely. For once, she wasn't smiling. When Gareth eventually saw that, he sighed and gave her a weak smile of his own. That made her happy again. Her trainer wasn't completely down.

Leaving his hometown... it wasn't easy. He hadn't been out of it much before. But he knew one thing: he needed to stock up on some supplies. He had a lot of food in his bag, but he guessed it would be wise to find some more useful items. On the road, who knew what one could need?... the salesmen in the market knew.

Early as it still was, the markets had just opened. Gareth tried to be positive and thought about what he would need the most... pokéspheres for catching more pokébeasts? More? He had Charm and he didn't know if he was really planning on downright catching more. That would be later on, in any case. So that left the market that sold recovery items. "Now, that would be good to have," he mumbled, patting Charm on her head.

"We want to make sure I can heal you quickly if you have to protect me from something nasty on our adventure, don't we?"

Charm smiled in response, and they went towards that market. He looked through the shelves, wondering what all these things were.

"Excuse me, good sir," a voice said. Gareth looked up to see a very happy looking man stand before him. "Wonderful morning, i'nnit? Now, what could you possibly be looking for? Allow me to help you!"

Before Gareth could respond, the man stepped between him and the shelves. "THIS here thing is the good ol' Potion. It will make your pokébeast healthy in no time at all! Not to mention yourself..."

Charm heard Gareth growl lowly. She giggled. Gareth didn't like people who tried to sell him things. But now he probably needed what was being sold to him, so he would probably shut up and listen. And she was right, he did.

"And here, you have an Antidote for most poisons induced by creepy pokébeast bugs out there! A must for any adventurer!"

"Have I said I'm an adventurer?" the young man said, his eye twitching slightly.

"Well, no, sir, no need to tell me that!" the man boomed. "I can tell by the looks of you... and your pokébeast partner here! Isn't it a cutie~" the man leaned down to scratch the Charmander gently under her chin. Charm gave Gareth an uncomfortable expression that urged him to get a move on.

"Uh, what is that, then?" Gareth asked to avert the man's attention, pointing at some strange powder jar on a shelf.

"Oh that," the man said, looking a bit confused. "That's a medicine that's not properly tested. But it's for sale since some say it works wonders. It's said to cure anything like poison, deep slumber, paralysis... you can test it out if you want to. It's 10 gald."

The man really didn't seem as eager to sell that as the other stuff. Gareth wondered why... but at the same time he wanted for some reason to go against this annoying man.

"I'll take it. And a potion," he said.

The market keeper raised his eyebrows, but shrugged and smiled, handing Gareth the jar of Heal Powder and the Potion while taking 30 gald from his hand. Packing the stuff into his bag, Gareth glanced over at the pokésphere market on the other side of the street. Maybe he should visit it too...

Walking over there, Charm prodding along after him, he was actually amazed by all the different pokéspheres. There were all sorts of them, or at least all different colors.

"See anything you like?" the shopkeeper said, walking up to him. This man looked more smugly happy than boomingly happy as the other had been. He also glanced over at the other market at times. Gareth noticed that and looked back as well. The recovery market's shopkeeper stood there watching them, not looking as happy anymore. The sphere market's shopkeeper's smile grew wider.

"What was that about?" Gareth asked, not liking the subtleness of the situation.

"Oh, nothing at all," the man said, sighing. "Let's just say... there is some competition among the markets here. And he and me both concentrate on pokébeast items. Unfortunately... people think his items are more usable than mine nowadays. Not many want to capture pokébeasts on their leisure time... stupid people. They don't know what they're missing out on."

The murmuring of the man scared Charm a little. She surely didn't like him. Gareth wasn't bothered though. At least the man was pretty frank.

"I'd like to buy a pokésphere," he said, even though he hadn't planned on doing so from the start. Charm shrugged. She knew what was going on.

The shopkeeper smiled again and began showing Gareth the different styles, but the young man waved him off. "No, I just want a plain one."

"Alright, sir. What color would you prefer, then?"

"Uh..." Gareth felt in the pouch of his belt. Charm's black pokésphere lay there. "A white one," he said, since white was the first color that came to his mind.

The shopkeeper nodded, taking a plain white sphere down from the shelves. Gareth handed him 10 gald and took the white Pokésphere. Without thinking, both men glanced back at the recovery market stand across the street. They saw a very annoyed salesman snort and step back among the potions and shelves of his shop. The sphere shopkeeper smiled widely and calmly, waving to the other side, and Gareth couldn't help but giving up the tiiiniest smile too. That man had been annoying, after all.

"White is a good color," the man beside him said. "If you don't mind me asking, do you already have a pokésphere for your young Charmander here?"

"Yes, I do. It's black."

"White and black... I see. That's interesting and rather elegant. I hope you'll find a nice pokébeast to put in that new sphere. Oh, and also..." The man seemed to hesitate, and glanced over the street again. "Yes. I have something more for you."

"How come?" Gareth asked, following the man back behind the counter.

"Because it's been a while since I've seen someone with such an unusual pokébeast as yourself, and someone with such an adventurous air about him. It reminds me of some years ago, actually, when a young man came by buying a lot of black pokéspheres..."

A jolt struck through Gareth's stomach, without him knowing why. Why would it be Amandor that the shopkeeper was referring to, anyways? No, it could have been anyone.

"So I wanted to give you a good luck charm. This, my young adventurer, is an Amulet Coin," the man said, holding up a rather rusty old golden coin towards the air. It glimmered in an odd way between the rusty spots.

"I'm sorry but it looks like... a piece of junk," Gareth said, not afraid to be impolite.

"Yes, it does," the man chuckled, not offended. "But that's part of what makes it so special. Even beneath a sore surface, can a wonder be hidden. This coin makes sure to send fortune your way. Keep it with you, and you will not have to worry about money."

Gareth took the Amulet Coin in his hand. It was rather light for being pretty big. It couldn't be real gold. He wondered what material it really was. Something unusual, perhaps?

"If it works so great, why are you here in the smallest of towns with a small sphere shop?" he asked, peering up at the shopkeeper while holding the coin between two fingers.

Another smug smile. "Ah, but how have I managed to run a pokésphere market in a town where not many people want to capture pokébeasts?"

That actually left Gareth thinking.

"Good luck on your journey," the man said, returning to sorting things on the shelves.

Gareth clutched the coin and left the market with one last nod. Charm followed him, smiling vacantly. She growled questioningly at him.

"I think I'll keep it," her trainer said, putting it down into a small pocket in his black trousers. Charm blew out a tiny flame into the bright air to show that she approved his decision.

((OOC: So, the long post it is :3 ))

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Charm is pretty cute. ^^ I like the way it giggled. :3

Gareth
    obtained a Potion! [heals 20 HP]
    Gareth obtained a Heal Powder! [Heals any kind of status aliment]
    Gareth obtained a White Pokesphere! [used for catching pokebeasts]
    Gareth obtained a Amulet Coin! [doubles money given]
    Gareth spent 40 Gald!

[I'm going to update the OOC thread soon.]

Last edited:

Phantasia

CompleteFantasy REBORN
    Years
  • The moon was full, and most of the stars had shown themselves. The wind was restless, blowing this way and that. Fantasy looked up to the sky, a shovel on his shoulders. It was a little project he was working on, digging. There was a clearing not too far from the house of the woman he was staying with. In this clearing was a hole. there was nothing in this hole, and by the hole was a large pile of dirt. There was nothing special about these holes, just that they were traps for wandering bandits. The local pokebeasts were too light to trigger the pressure-sensitive latches, so they were safe. Fantasy lashed together the cover for his most recent hole, covered it, and then scattered the remaining dirt around the surrounding trees.

On his way back to the house, there were many pokebeasts following him under cover of the treeline on either side of him. Opening the shed, a startled Zubat flew out and past his head. "Hey there Zu," Fantasy said, smiling as it flew by. He placed the shovel on its peg and turned to leave.

"Fantasy!" The woman who had taken him in 9 years ago. "There you are, out digging again?"

"Yea, got another three traps laid."

"Your a good man, helping us out when we aren't your true home." She smiled. The woman's name was Melissa, Melissa Ketch (an ancestor of Ash Ketchum perhaps? You decide.) She was a pretty woman, to say the least. standing at 5' 4", her hair was cut short and a deep crimson. Her eyes a clear diamond blue. Melissa was a kind woman, but some on the frail side. Lately she was afflicted by a cough that wasn't too serious.

Fantasy smiled at her. "It's not a problem, this is as much a home to me as my last home was." He came to the door and as soon as he entered the household, he was assaulted by an Eevee that had jumped up into his chest. Fantasy laughed as his arms went under the pokebeast. "Hey there Eevee, I'm back." He said jokingly. Eevee nipped at his ear and nuzzled his chin. "Vee." licking his cheek, it jumped out of his arms and ran over to the table. "Alright, alright." Fantasy chuckled as he went over to fill her food bowl. Once the Eevee was eating contently, Fantasy himself ate. Melissa had prepared some roast vegetable stew with a few chunks of meat from the local market. "Wow, looks great. Thanks Melissa." She smiled.

"You know something? I don't think I've seen you soften unless your with that pokebeast. How did you get her again?" Eevee had climbed up onto Fantasy's lap.

"Well, It was a couple of years ago,"
    Flashback

'
    Finally, Fantasy was considered of age in the town of Pallet. He had always planned to head on a journey, though he had wanted his parents blessing..... no, they wouldn't have even let him leave if they knew why he wanted to journey. He was actually glad his parents had kicked him out. If they hadn't, he wouldn't have met Melissa, who found him sitting in the local pokecenter, looking lost. He leaned against a tree, looking at the sky. He looked over into the trees, and an Eevee was looking at him, with defiant eyes.

A few days later.

It was morning. The sun was shining through the leaves of the forest, making the floor seem surreal. The morning breeze, sweetened by the plant life scattered around the area, blew full. A small Eevee was running down the road. Behind her, her trainer.

"Eevee, wait up!" Fantasy shouted over the rush of wind generated from his running. This was the fifth day Fantasy had known this Eevee, and was determined to get it to trust him.

"VEE!!!" The Eevee cried, half playfully, half tempting Fantasy to follow. They ran most of the afternoon, Fantasy with his pack, Eevee finally exhausted. Eevee looked and saw a river, by which she sat to drink. Fantasy, also thirsty, bent and looked at the crystal clear water. He cupped it and drank from his hands. It was refreshing. When the Eevee circled it's spot, it meant she was going to go to sleep. Fantasy took a few steps away, cause last time he was this close, the Eevee bit his leg. Setting up by a copse of trees, Fantasy fell asleep leaning against a tree.

The next morning, Fantasy was woken by a distressing call. He opened his eyes to see the Eevee being harassed by some men.

"Hey, lookee he'e, it's a pokemon." The one who spoke was obviously the leader.

"Hee,hee, that it is boss sir." said one of the two lackeys.

'Good, looks like they haven't noticed me yet.' The Eevee looked in Fantasy's direction, looking away when Fantasy motioned, so as to not give himself away. The look in the Eevee's eyes, terror. Fantasy snuck along the tree line until he was behind the leader of the three bandits. He silently walked up behind the leader, balling his fist, in which he held a rocked he picked up earlier by the river. The two lackeys became wide-eyed, and the leader turned around, only to be punched in the face. Fantasy grabbed the leader by the collar of his jerkin and threw him to the side, so he wouldn't land on Eevee. The lackeys went over to their boss, picked him up, vowed revenge, and fled. Fantasy dropped the rock, then thought better, and slipped it into his pockets. Laying a berry in front of the Eevee to restore it's health, He calmly sat as close to it that it would allow. "Your going to be safe," Fantasy said to the Eevee, "I'm not going to let them hurt you again." Fantasy placed his bag under his head, and tried to get some sleep. The Eevee, having eaten the berry, was tired itself, so it began its little ritual of turning, and then stopped. It walked over to Fantasy, climbed onto his chest, and fell asleep without further abandon.'

Flashback end

Melissa nodded. That's right, then you came back the next day, and she was close behind you, as if she didn't want you following her."

Fantasy smiled, and pet Eevee's head. "Yup. back then, she didn't trust me with a passion. Well, Thanks for the meal. I swear, I will compensate you for letting me stay all this time."

Melissa sighed. "That again. How many times must I tell you." She grabbed Fantasy's hand. "You don't have to do all that. I'm happy being able to help." She went over and picked up a little bag. "Here, this is for you."

Fantasy opened the bag and inside saw an Old Charm. "This is for..."

"Yes, it's an item that powers up your pokebeast. I don't know what it'll do for you, but keep it handy. For me, OK?"

Fantasy sighed. "OK, Ill keep it." He put the Old Charm back in the bag and tied it to his belt.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • That's pretty interesting actually; I thought about having an Ash Ketchum ancestor, buuuut Melissa works just as well. :3 Fantasy is a great name. ^_^

Fantasy recieved an Eevee! [Lv. 5 Moves: Tail Whip, Tackle, Helping Hand]
    Fantasy obtained an Old Charm! [Raises Attack]

(I should post my RP post aobut prolouge b soon enough!)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Time for my post...at last... ^^;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun rose to the calm and peaceful Pallet Town. The markets started to open, people started to enter the old library, even the far away pidgey can be heard chirping their morning songs. Mist was outside her home, looking up towards the clear blue sky. She could feel a calm breeze to her face, as it blew her short hair to the front a bit.

Upon her arrival outside, Mist wanted to complement her resolve to travel the world by first gathering up on supplies. She planned to stock up on Potions, which she thought were essential for any pokebeast journey. She also read about how she could make her own potions, but, according to her, "it was not worth the hassle, because its easier to buy one cheap".

Mist's Snivy remained at home, laying down on the windsil, with its hands put together on the back of its to serve as a resting sil as it lay on the window, with its eyes closed, trying to get a early nap. Of course, Mist knew that Snivy was that of a relaxed nature, so she didn't bother to bring Snivy along in the first place. In fact, Snivy didn't even see Mist leave for the markets.

A few minutes later, all the markets were fully open, which left Mist to explore them all. There were a lot of merchandise in stock from a variety of markets: Potions, Heal Powders, even Pokespheres, the items used to catch wild Pokebeasts, habitated in the wilderness. "Battle items for sale!" one merchant yelled. "We got Carbons! Proteins! Allll the good vitamins!" Mist was uninterested, however. She knew that the proper ingredients used to make those items were very scarce, so it was extremely rare. The possibility to actually make protein for pokebeasts were slim to none. Mist had no time for a scam.

Mist continued to observe the markets, until she saw a market with a sign that said "Potions and Wares". It was the sort of Market Mist was looking for, so she approached the merchant waiting there.

"Ah, good morrow' my new young friend!" the merchant greeted. "What can I do for you on this fine day?"

"Well, I'm here to get -- " But before Mist can respond properly, the man reached for the shelves to get out a small blue bottle spray.

"This here Potion can heal any Pokebeasts you want; a must have for any adventuerer."

"...I was not aware that I called myself an 'adventuerer' yet. " Mist said only slightly annoyed.

"Ah...so you didn't..." the merchant softly said. "You'll have to excuse me; ya' wear an outfit that perhaps resemble you as a famous explorer of some sort. Do you have a Pokebeast?"

"A Snivy." Mist sternly replied.

"Ah, then you MUST try a Heal Powder then," the merchant explained as he got out a jar of green powder. "I got a shipment of it last week. Its a prototype of a 'Full Heal' item, but...it is said to be a magic item. It's said to cure anything like poison, deep slumber, paralysis... you can test it out if you want to. Its supposedly also very bitter, so your pokebeast might not like it at first. Its 10 gald for each jar."

"Its suprisingly cheap for such a "magical item,'" Mist starcastically said. "However...I suppose you have me interested. I'll take one Heal Powder, and...2 Bottles of Potion."

"Altogether that's 50 gald." the merchant said as Mist got out her gald coins. She handed them briefly as the merchant then exchanged them for 2 bottles of potion, and a jar of heal powder from the shelf. "Thank you very much!" the merchant thanks as he was handed the money.

Mist then glanced across the road from the merchant; she saw another merhcant that had a market that had a sign that said "Pokespheres". Mist also needed pokespheres to capture pokebeasts on her travels. Mist turned to the merchant that sold her the potions and heal powder.

"Do you know of that merchant across from yonder?" Mist asked him.

"Ah yes...him..." the man glared across the road to where the man selling pokespheres was. He then shook his hea lightly and repeatedly. "Stubborn old man..."

"What was that...?" Mist asked, overhearing the man.

"That merchant over there...him and I go way back," the man said glancing at Mist then back across from him. "Let's just say...we've been rivals for years. To when we were swimming across the lake on the lake of Pallet, to this present day, selling pokebeasts merchandise. Unfortunately for him, he wanted to sell 'pokespheres' and nothing else."

"But pokespheres are essential to any pokebeast travels to captur epokebeasts," Mist explained. "In fact, I love that you first have to wind up from the small turn-knob on the back of it, then throw it in whichever direction you chose to capture, or release a pokemon. Its pretty much like a toy. Also, they come in a variety of colors as well. My favourite is the green one; green is my favourite color."

"Yes, yes, pokespheres are fine and all," the man gruffed. "But the old fool can't even sell anythin' else. I sure pity him." The man smiled and turn back to Mist.

"Look, sorry you had to hear the rambilings of an old man," the merchant apologized. "Tell ya' what -- I'll give ya a discount card for any pokebeast recovery merchant ya visit on your travels."

"...How exactly does a little card work to any recovery shop?" Mist asked.

The merchant gave a bigger smile as he got the card out of his pocket. "This card is part of a membership deal," he said. "All merchants in the recovery buisness are part of a membership to sell em'. So, as such, we have a commerative card to get discounts of 50% off them. In any case, here. You can have mine. Its free."

Mist shrugged as she graciously accepted the merchants offer. "I thank thee," she said. "Good day to you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mist obtained a Potion! (x2)
    Mist obtained a Heal Powder! (heals any kind of status aliment)
    Mist obtained a Membership Card! (50% off of any recovery item shop)
    Mist spent 50 gald!

Last edited:

Phantasia

CompleteFantasy REBORN
    Years
  • (Thanks Doronjo, It's my online call sign n.n, and I left the detail about her being Ash's ancestor vague, she could have been, she could have also been someone else entirely, like Gary's ancestor o.O? now wouldn't that be interesting? Here's my post for prologue B guys)

The next morning, Fantasy awoke to the noise of birds flying by his window. Unlike most houses of Pallet, Melissa's was one of the few that was closest to the ocean, so Fantasy could taste the salt in the air. Eevee was just waking up as well, which was always fun to watch. Eevee liked to stretch a bit, leaning forward with her tail in the air, (like a cat,) then shook to get anything that was in her fur out, (like a dog.) Fantasy took the Old Charm out of it's bag, and tied it around Eevee's neck. "Well, don't you look beautiful." Eevee slightly startled, twisted her neck in an attempt to see what Fantasy had tied around her neck. Fantasy chuckled, and produced a mirror to show her. Once it had seen it was a necklace, she posed for the mirror. The sapphire of the Old Charm sparkled slightly, despite it's old age.

Fantasy shrugged on his green vest, and headed out of the door. Melissa's house was a two story large home, with outside access to the second story. Eevee ran past him, the Old Charm swinging around. She was waiting for him at the end of the stairs, her tail wagging. Fantasy jumped the stairs 2 at a time, finally vaulting over the railing to land just ahead of Eevee. He opened the door to the main part of the house. "Hey Melissa, I'm heading out, need anything from the market?"

"No, thanks for asking though." She looked down into her tea, thoughtful. "Oh, before you go, The PokeSphere vendor in town said he had something for you." Fantasy looked at Eevee curiously, as she was gnawing a stick.

"Alrighty. Anything else?"

"Actually, yes, she got up and handed him a book. "Could you drop this off at the Old Library for me? Since your already heading in that direction."

"Sure thing." He took the proffered book and tucked it into his arm. He kissed Melissa on the cheek, like he would have his mother, and started down the dirt path that led to town, Eevee close at his heels. It took him about 10 minutes to get to town, but that was normal. The market was bustling at this time. Everyone was preparing for a day of selling and buying. Some of the first vendors open were the two that sold different pokebeast items, one specialized in healing items, the other in a special type of ball to capture other pokebeasts.

For a second, Fantasy wasn't sure where to go, but when he looked, the pokebeast item vendor was busy talking to someone else, (It isn't interaction if I don't talk to the character, does it?) so he turned to the Pokesphere vendor.

"Ahh, Fantasy, there you are. I had asked Melissa to send you, and so she has."

"Yea, Sam, so she has. You have something for me?"

Eevee was nearby playing with a small green looking pokebeast,A Snivy, Fantasy had recalled a woman who had found a Snivy about around 2 years ago, maybe around the same time he had found Eevee. 'So thats her huh?' He whistled and Eevee bounded over to him, after saying bye to the Snivy. Once she was by his feet, Sam bent to rub her head, only to get a nip on his knuckle. "Ooh, feisty as ever isn't she? Anyway, I wanted to tell you a story, well, not so much a story, but something on my mind."

"Sure thing, you know you can unload on me." Sam Okido was a slick looking guy, a few years older than Fantasy, well, ok, he was at least twice his age, but he sure as hell (I hope some light swearing isn't too much? if not, I'll edit it out.) didn't act like it.

"Right, right, well anyway, it's about the other pokebeast vendor. He's convinced that he's the better vendor because his store sees more action, but I didn't start here for nothing!" He brought his fist to his chest. "I wanted to show him that I could start in a remote place, selling one type of item, and that he was wrong that he was the better shop keeper." Apparently, the two vendors were actually brothers, twin brothers at that.

"Well, certainly sounds like sibling rivalry to me. Alright, I'll help you out." Taking his pouch out, "how much for ten of the deep Emerald Green PokeSpheres?"

Sam looked thrilled. "That will be 100 gald. Plus I'm having a sale, Buy 10 get 1 free, so, would you like another? Probably for that Eevee of yours?"

"Hmm, sure, but not for Eevee, I don't think she would like being in one, but throw in a black one. No, not the one with the blue streaks, the one with the red streaks in a swirl pattern."

"That's a good color choice. got any plans for it?"

"Maybe." Fantasy just smiled and rubbed Eevee's head. 'She must be a bit uncomfortable, as she was usually a little more energetic.' Sam handed him a bag, which contained the 11 pokespheres, and something else, what looked to be a gold amulet.

Sam winked. "Just a gift from me. This is what Melissa originally sent you here for. Keep it with you, and I swear, you will always have plenty of gald nearby."

"Well, thanks. I'll be off now." Eevee seemed to get more bounce to her step as they walked away from Sam, and headed to the library.

Last edited:
    Back