• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Waka Waka Month (Event with console cash prizes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

Content

[alink id="intro"]Introduction[/alink id]
    [alink id="start"]Prizes[/alink id]
    [alink id="howto"]How to Enter[/alink id]
    [alink id="edit"]How many times can I enter?[/alink id]
    [alink id="waka"]Get Waka Waka'ing[/alink id]

About this event

This even will run from the 1st May to the 31st May. You can submit your scores (screenshots) anytime in this period. The prizes will be given out as soon as possible, but I say the 1st June is when I will contact you about the prizes.

Pacman Event

Waka Waka Month (Event with console cash prizes)

[a id]intro[/a id]

Introduction

Welcome to the Pacman Event. This event is very simple and one that anyone and everyone can participate in. In this event, all you have to do is get the highest score in, arguably, one of the most famous games that has ever been created; if you haven't heard of Pacman then you haven't lived. Hope you are hungry for those white dots!

[a id]prizes[/a id]

Prizes

Since this is my first event as Video Games Moderator, I have added a special twisted to the prizes and they are all out of my own back pocket! :3 PPN has allowed me to offer this prize

1st Place will receive: Winning emblem + a $/£15 voucher for their console of choice. (PSN/XBL/Wii Store)
    2nd Place will receive: Second place emblem + a $/£10 voucher for their console of choice. (PSN/XBL/Wii Store)
    3rd Place will receive: Third place emblem + a $/£5 voucher for their console of choice. (PSN/XBL/Wii Store)

Now, I am doing these prizes because I hope a lot of people will get involved and join in, instead of one or two people just entering and making my prizes a little pointless. So please do join in. 8D

[a id]howto[/a id]

How to enter

Very simple really. All you need to do is go to this link (NEW LINK THAT SHOWS YOUR SCORE AT THE END. Thanks to -weeper to bringing this to my attention):
    https://www.freepacman.org/

PLEASE READ:
    Unfortunately, you will need to be quick if you want to screenshot your score. I haven't found a Pacman game that has allowed me to show your score at the end of the game. SO, once it says 'Game over' quickly screen shot your score and post it here.
    All you need to do, is post the screen shot of your score, your score in text and your name here.

So, an example is:

Name: Captain Fabio
    Score: 9001 (lolz)
    Screenshot: *INSERT SCREENSHOT HERE*

Please note, you have to use the above layout otherwise I have the right not to count your score.

[a id]edit[/a id]

How many times can I enter?

You can enter only ONE SCORE. However, I don't mind you updating your higher scores but can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE EDIT the original post that you posted your scores. Keep it to only one post and don't want to have to be running around looking for loads of entries from one member!

[a id]waka[/a id]

Get Waka Waka'ing

Well, now you have read all of the information you need, you can get posting your highscores.
    Good luck and have fun!

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Got around six thousand on the first shot. Gonna keep playing for a bit before I settle on an official score to post.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Pffft, I am like super awesome at Pac-man. Count me in.
    One question: Can we post multiple score screenshots along the course of the month and the highest one be counted, or will the one that we post will set our score in stone?

Years
    Pffft, I am like super awesome at Pac-man. Count me in.
    One question: Can we post multiple score screenshots along the course of the month and the highest one be counted, or will the one that we post will set our score in stone?

I JUST thought of that before I looked at your post! XD

I say you can post higher scores if you achieve them, but please EDIT your original high score post, otherwise I could be running around trying to find your highest score! D:​

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Join, join, join~!

But I do have a question: what if the winner didn't want the voucher?

Years
    What if I use my Wii and I have a super-amazing score, but I can't screen it? Would that not be able to be counted?

As well, what if someone (Not from Europe) won a prize? I'm 100% certain that Wii Codes are protected by region, although I'll most likely go for the PSN gifty.

Well, you can't prove it so it doesn't count, sorry. :/
    Also, we will discuss the problem with prizes if it comes to it.​

Join, join, join~!

But I do have a question: what if the winner didn't want the voucher?

Well, that is the prize so...
    again, if it comes to that, I will talk to the winner, but I think it isn't a prize that someone should turn their nose up at.​

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I have a question. How will the prizes work exactly? Because if I remember correctly, those points cards for XBL/PSN/Wii are region locked. So you wouldn't be able to give someone in America points with a Captain Fabio land card.

Years
    I have a question. How will the prizes work exactly? Because if I remember correctly, those points cards for XBL/PSN/Wii are region locked. So you wouldn't be able to give someone in America points with a Captain Fabio land card.

Guys, I will figure a way out and if worst comes to worst, I will discuss it with the winners. Just enjoy the event.

NOTE: I have changed the link of the website to one that shows the score at the end and you don't have to ninja screenshot.
    If you already have screen shots of the previous game, not a problem you can submit them, since they are all the same! =]

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    Haha, sounds like an awesome comp, I'll be sure to enter :) !

I doubt I'll win, just hearing those waka-waka's while playing pacman are a reward enough ^^

Years
    Definitely going to have a few cracks at this.

Also, if region locking becomes a problem perhaps you could donate the amount to PC in their name to allow them to become a supporter (assuming the winner isn't already).

Space Invaders next month plz.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'll have a go at this. Haven't played Pacman in ages, so I'm not expecting anything amazing XD

And if I do end up winning I'll just give the prize to someone else since I don't play video games :x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back