• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anticipated entertainment

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • What bits of culture/entertainment are you most looking forward to coming out and why?

(Anything from upcoming TV episodes/seasons, films, books, albums/songs, stage shows... ANYTHING cultural. ZOMG!)

A few ones from myself:

• The Tree of Life: A new film by Terrence Malick with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn all about the growth of a boy into adulthood trying to find the meaning of life, but with dinosaurs!
    • Treme season two: Been watching old episodes of this, and I can't wait until it starts up again... sure, it's only just three days, but I'm literally bursting with excitement for it: been humming and dancing along to the theme tune for the past week now!
    • Unnamed Los Campesinos! album: Probably my favourite active band at the moment and with a new release some time this year, I'm really stoked for it.
    • The next episode of Community: ... so what that it airs in 15 minutes in America? I want to see it now!
    What 'bout everyone else?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I too want to see The Tree of Life. It looks beautiful. Super 8 is another film I'm patiently waiting for. I love the feeling it's portraying, almost like being sent back in time when I was a young boy watching E.T. or The Iron Giant. Another is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, looking forward to seeing the end of a decade long story. I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

Music-wise, I'm looking forward to Moving Mountain's Waves album. It's their second album, follow-up to their 2007 debut. I can't wait to see how they've matured with their music. Opeth is also suppose to release something new before the year ends, can't wait for that one. Apart from these, everything else has been released or won't be until next year. :(

TV-wise, I can't wait for the 2 hour season finale of Supernatural! I've loved this show since it first started airing and was royally bummed out when I heard last season would be its last. Naturally, when they decided to renew it, I pissed my pants. Also this new series co-created by Steven Spielberg named Falling Skies. It's about a group of people living in the aftermath of an alien invasion. Looking pretty shweet.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I can't wait until the next episode of Desperate Housewives. (waits till everyone has stopped laughing)

How dare they have a two week break and leave the last episode I saw on such a cliffhanger. Nica and I are so excited.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I was just thinking about this the other day...

I am especially anticipating a list of movie releases this year, and presiding that list would be Fast Five; a cast composed of Van Diesel, Paul Walker, and Dwayne Johnson. What more could you ask for? Also, there is Rio. Although it has been released for over a week now, I still have to catch it this week in the cinemas. Maybe also try out I am Number Four. Though I was perplexed by the amount of contradiction among the reviews, some heavily criticizing it as generic and unoriginal, while others very much enjoyed it. I might try it out; the synopsis and trailer envisages a promising action-filled kick-ass-fights movie. We'll see...

There's a lot more..I forgot them ><

As for TV series, the next episodes of One Tree Hill and Vampire Diaries. Also waiting for season 3 of 90210 to end airing; I watched season 2, after that, got totally hooked to One Tree Hill, hence I forgot about 90210. Oh, I also need to buy me a season 6 of Family Guy soon.

...I have lots more, but those were the only shows I could think of at the moment.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to the TV series adaption of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's novel Good Omens. It's an amazing book, and it seems like the TV adaption is going to stay pretty true to it.

Oh, and in October Terry Pratchett's next Discworld novel, Snuff, is scheduled to come out. I'm quite the Discworld fan, and can't wait for the next installation in the series. <3

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    220px-Goblincover.jpg

Maybe I'm getting too hipster for my own good but OFWGKTA never fails too impress and with album artwork like that, what can go wrong?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • In early April, I was looking forward to season 6 of America's Best Dance Crew. And I must say, it's a good season so far.

I'm really looking forward to Fast Five and The Hangover: Part Two also.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    220px-Goblincover.jpg

Maybe I'm getting too hipster for my own good but OFWGKTA never fails too impress and with album artwork like that, what can go wrong?
    It's a troll don't fall for it.

I'm not that really excited for anything this year, which is a shame because there were lots of things to anticipate last year. I've heard there's going to be a new album by both The Cure and Godflesh, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Super 8 is another film I'm patiently waiting for. I love the feeling it's portraying, almost like being sent back in time when I was a young boy watching E.T. or The Iron Giant.
    This. Exactly. The trailer has an E.T. / Close Encounters vibe. Although, apparently the aliens might not be friendly in this one. I'm very much looking forward to the film. Abrams + Spielberg. Seems like a terrific combination.

Just a lot of care seems to be going into. It's shot traditionally, so yay film grain! And the trailer was shot separately from the rest of the form. That the trailer wasn't a compilation of clips, but something that was fully intended, just speaks to the whole level of the project.

Also, looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises. But that's not for a while.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Already listening. Radicals; insanely good.

Listening to that right now, haha. Buildup at 3:50 is insane. Only three tracks in but Goblin (the song) is growing on me. I was listening to it on Youtube while the other songs found their way into my hard drive.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm looking forward to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 over anything else coming up right now. I'm also going to see Thor (and anything leading to The Avengers, really) but I don't have any expectations. I'm not a fan of the actors and it looks like it'll be badly acted just based off the trailer, but i'm hoping the action scenes make up for it.

Years
  • I'm looking forward to the TV series adaption of Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman's novel Good Omens. It's an amazing book, and it seems like the TV adaption is going to stay pretty true to it.

Oh, and in October Terry Pratchett's next Discworld novel, Snuff, is scheduled to come out. I'm quite the Discworld fan, and can't wait for the next installation in the series. <3
    I didn't know these were coming out. I'll definitely have to get Snuff. I hope Good Omens translates well to TV.

The only other thing on my radar at the moment is the rest of this season of Doctor Who. Not all that interested in seeing the new Torchwood although I'll probably watch it anyway.

Back