• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The "final conflict" scenes

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so, you'll recall at the end of the story you basically get your legendary, N's castle rises, etc. What did you think of all of this? (Keep in mind, these scenes in particular are after beating the main four a part of e4). Do you think they did the games justice, would've you liked to see it all completely 3D rather than only parts? How did you feel about N's final speech? Would've you rather they concluded the story differently? And so on.

Share your thoughts on the "end" scenes and how that played out. :) Feel free to add how you think it could've been improved, too!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really liked the way it ended and with B/W 2 I guess they ended it like that for a reason. All and all I think they did a really great job with it,but ya it would have been nice if there was more 3D scenes and stuff. But even with just a few,I think it did justice. I wish the Battle between Reshiram and Zekorm was all in 3D though. That would have been epic.

Porynoir

Cool like that...
    Years
  • I realize it's a mostly kids game, but I think the castle should have collapsed or something. I thought it would be better if like N or Ghetsis died or something. But I guess we'll save that for the sequel.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I love the ending scene because it was made so differently than how it's played out in other games. You don't get to battle the champion right away, and the "bad guy" actually beats him! One thing that did get to me though was that N only captured Zekrom leaving you to catch Reshiram (and vice versa), because we needed a way to get the mascot legendaries. I didn't think that played out really well to be honest, especially since it goes against their whole "free your Pokémon!" plan.

It'd have been nice to see the whole scene in 3D (the battle even, somehow lol) just because it would have made it a whole lot more intriguing. It was really interesting though, I'm glad Game Freak has finally decided to take a twist on things, and it was the best conflict scene of all Pokémon games made yet.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really liked the scene when N's Castle rose out of the ground and attached itself to the Pokemon League. That was intense.

While catching Reshiram/Zekrom was important to the story, I didn't battling N right after that because even though he healed my Pokemon before battling him, it didn't give me a chance to fully check my dragon's stats before battling him, leaving me to totally guess its nature/IVs.

The very last scene after beating Ghetsis so touching, and I liked how N said that he realized his mistakes before leaving on his dragon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I really like the new graphical capabilities that games on the DS - and, eventually, the 3DS - have, and yet I was still there frantically clicking the 'A' button trying to get N and Ghestis to shut up so I could whoop their asses. So, even the best graphics in the world are never going to get me to truly 'care' about the game storyline, but they certainly do look good in and of themselves.

evo21

RNGing is awesomes
    Years
    • Age 36
    • uk
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    i loved everything about the final battles GF actually made an effort into the final part of the game the only thing i hate is that you had to capture and battle with zekrom/reshiram with no ev training and guessing its ivs or using a stat calculator for its ivs (unless you RNG'd it)

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • The whole castle rising up from the ground and attaching itself to the League by using ladders was cool
    I hate that N's dragon has a higher level than mine but then again that gives it that extra bit of difficulty even though it was only 2 levels stronger.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I did like the subversion of not battling the champion as per usual and all, and certainly some parts of the end were entertaining too (yay for battles with dragons and whatnot). But some parts just felt off too (like the castle appearing from nowhere which somehow nobody noticed before...what? =|)

Years
  • I love those epic scenes, they really showed off graphics well this Gen. My fave was the scene where Reshiram/Zekrom gets summoned from the Light/Dark Stone.

I kind of liked the idea of not battling the Champion until the post-game.

And I agree with GreenGoblin, N's dragon being 2 levels higher than yours makes it difficult. I struggled even though my Reshiram had a Modest nature.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    They were sure impressive and something different to previous generations, but for me it all went on a bit too long and I got bored.

Years
  • I loved those scenes! Simply different, but for some reason I prefer if they put all that effort on improving other stuff in the game. Dunno what specifically, but I feel they could've done other stuff instead of focusing so much on the ending.

Back