• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
The north being like Skyrim, the southwest being like Hammerfell.

Also, I think you mean the northwest for High Rock. d: Argonia (Black Marsh) is in the southeast, lol.

Not sure if you were correcting me or expanding upon what I said, but yeah. (Sure Hammerfell isn't actually in the southwest but that's where Anvil is which seems pretty Hammerfelly to me)

About the Eras, I think third would probably be better since it's post Tiber Septim's unification of Tamriel if you want the empire to be prevalent in this.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Not sure if you were correcting me or expanding upon what I said, but yeah. (Sure Hammerfell isn't actually in the southwest but that's where Anvil is which seems pretty Hammerfelly to me)

About the Eras, I think third would probably be better since it's post Tiber Septim's unification of Tamriel if you want the empire to be prevalent in this.

Oh, I was kind of correcting you, but I said High Rock instead of Hammerfell, lol. Good thing they're in the same general direction! xD
But, I see what you were getting at, now. Yeah, that makes sense. d:

The third era does seem to be when everything happens in TES, lol. Skyrim was the only game to take place in an era other than the third. The series started in the late third era, as Jagar Tharn betrays Uriel Septim VII in 3E 389, and then the timeline progresses with the games of Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and Oblivion until the Oblivion Crisis in 3E 433. Although, I suppose we could have the roleplay take place during some of these times. Perhaps even during the Oblivion Crisis? My main issue with it being during the time of one of the games is that all of the major things focus around that game's protagonist. Unless it's set in a province outside of that game, of course.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
Years
But familiarity is boring! The whole point of a roleplay set in an established setting is that it lets us see events from a new perspective or explore the less explored parts of the lore. I would very much suggest Valenwood, or High Rock because it's relatively simple. They're two regions that have always interested me.

I would suggest Elsweyr, but I fear Nakuzami would tear off both of my arms if I bring it up again.

Last edited:

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
Years
Valenwood and High Rock are the best choices, preferably High Rock as it has proper humans in it (no offence, elves) while Valenwood is interesting in general.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
The third era does seem to be when everything happens in TES, lol. Skyrim was the only game to take place in an era other than the third... My main issue with it being during the time of one of the games is that all of the major things focus around that game's protagonist. Unless it's set in a province outside of that game, of course.

TES: Online is going to take place in the second era and Redguard also took place then but I assume nobody here (myself included) played that one. On the second point I don't think that having it during the events of one of the games would suit a sandbox RP.

But familiarity is boring! The whole point of a roleplay set in an established setting is that it lets us see events from a new perspective or explore the less explored parts of the lore. I would very much suggest Valenwood, or High Rock because it's relatively simple. They're two regions that have always interested me.

I would suggest Elsweyr, but I fear Nakuzami would tear off both of my arms if I bring it up again.

No offense, but I'd rather not go to a province with cannibalistic and carnivorous elves who can transform into monsters and live in giant walking trees, as fun as that sounds. Seriously, though, the more exotic provinces with less known about them would be a blast to explore, but it would be a little difficult for players who've never known anything Elder Scrolls outside Skyrim, Oblivion, and maybe Morrowind. In Daggerfall, High Rock had a massive map and Orsinium is there too so that could be fun. You could have a pirate adventure in the south maybe, or a clan conflict deal in Orsinium, or a typical medieval fantasy thing going on in the big cities. Plenty of possibilities there.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Here's an idea, but it was from my attempt at a TES RP, so be warned. My idea was to base the game in Cyrodiil, and then for certain quests and what not let people leave for a bit to do a certain task or something like that. Just an idea.

As for era, third era would be good, or a RP set around the Great War would receive my support

Nakuzami

Years
Wow, Naku, way to make this a TES conversation.

(claps)

Of course~ :>

@Elite Killer - That's an idea that's popped into my mind. It could work, certainly. I'm also thinking about allowing access to certain realms of Oblivion at certain points. Realms like The Deadlands, Shivering Isles, Apocrypha and Coldharbour should be simple enough, considering the first three have already been featured in games, as well as the Soul Cairn, whereas the latter will appear in TES. That makes their descriptions and creatures a bit easier. It would be interesting to attempt realms like Moonshadow, but that might take a bit of work to implement properly without screwing up its representation.

So, okay . . . Third Era is most likely what we're going with, and most people seem to favor the idea of Skyrim or Cyrodiil. I'll certainly allow people to briefly wander into other provinces, methinks, but I probably won't allow them to stay there for prolonged periods of time.

So, how about having it focus on both Skyrim and Cyrodiil? They're two provinces that border each other, and they've both been featured in the two most recent TES games, so that might help for some people. It gives plenty of room to explore, but also keeps it maintainable as a roleplay. Plus, they're both still parts of the Empire even in the Fourth Era, so that opens up the available timeline a bit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
i haven't actually read any of this TES conversation, but have you taken the new mmo into consideration? like have three separate factions based on race revolving around a war... or whatever that plot is.

Nakuzami

Years
i haven't actually read any of this TES conversation, but have you taken the new mmo into consideration? like have three separate factions based on race revolving around a war... or whatever that plot is.

I've taken parts of it into consideration, mainly the realm of Coldharbour. I don't know too much about the plot, beyond that of Coldharbour, so it hasn't factored too deeply into my plot thus far. (I still have no plot, so it's not an issue. xD)

Obviously, since it's an MMO that would probably make it rather easy to turn into a roleplay, but I think I'd like to have a more original story. . . . I'll certainly take it into account if I know more about it by the time I actually come up with the full roleplay.

The basic plot is workable, though.

And, MADDY YOU DISAPPOINT ME. AFTER ALL, PEOPLE DID MISTAKE YOUR USERNAME FOR "SKYRIM" A FEW TIMES, AND I KNOW YOU LOVE THE GAME SO COME ON, GET MORE INVOLVED IN MY AMAZING CONVERSATION! //all caps; yeah, I shtole your thing

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I've taken parts of it into consideration, mainly the realm of Coldharbour. I don't know too much about the plot, beyond that of Coldharbour, so it hasn't factored too deeply into my plot thus far. (I still have no plot, so it's not an issue. xD)

Obviously, since it's an MMO that would probably make it rather easy to turn into a roleplay, but I think I'd like to have a more original story. . . . I'll certainly take it into account if I know more about it by the time I actually come up with the full roleplay.

The basic plot is workable, though.

And, MADDY YOU DISAPPOINT ME. AFTER ALL, PEOPLE DID MISTAKE YOUR USERNAME FOR "SKYRIM" A FEW TIMES, AND I KNOW YOU LOVE THE GAME SO COME ON, GET MORE INVOLVED IN MY AMAZING CONVERSATION! //all caps; yeah, I shtole your thing
*cries*

i haven't played skyrim in a million years and i didn't get into the beta. speaking of cool betas that may be cool roleplays, how about final fantasy xiv realm reborn????? or tactics? i remember people making a roleplay surrounding A2 but that died out pretty quick.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years

(raises hand) I've mistaken your username for Skyrim a few times, Skymin, and I don't even play TES. Please don't kill me.

Also, you should totally ban Naku for stealing your CAPS thing.

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
*cries*

i haven't played skyrim in a million years and i didn't get into the beta. speaking of cool betas that may be cool roleplays, how about final fantasy xiv realm reborn????? or tactics? i remember people making a roleplay surrounding A2 but that died out pretty quick.

D:

I didn't get into Beta, but that's because I'm fifteen and they don't appreciate my genius. xD

Well, I've stated a few times that I wanted this to be sandbox-y. I think Tamriel is a good setting for that, lol.

. . . You just made me realize that both FF XIV and FF XV are MMOs. I had COMPLETELY forgotten FF XIV existed. @_@;

I'll have to check it out, but I think that's a project for someone else to undertake. I absolutely adore FF, but I dun feel like making a roleplay on it at this moment, lol.

Go home, Michaela, you're drunk.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
D:

. . . You just made me realize that both FF XIV and FF XV are MMOs. I had COMPLETELY forgotten FF XIV existed. @_@;

I'll have to check it out, but I think that's a project for someone else to undertake. I absolutely adore FF, but I dun feel like making a roleplay on it at this moment, lol.
Final Fantasy XV isn't an MMO, but Final Fantasy XI and XIV are.

I agree, I'd like to see another FF RP as well. I think Ivalice would probably be the easiest and most developed universe to get into, but I'd be interested in pretty much any FF.

Nakuzami

Years
Final Fantasy XV isn't an MMO, but Final Fantasy XI and XIV are.

I agree, I'd like to see another FF RP as well. I think Ivalice would probably be the easiest and most developed universe to get into, but I'd be interested in pretty much any FF.

Oh, that's why E3 confused me. I must have still thought that they hadn't come out with their next online game, considering I forgot FF XIV existed. >.>; I'm a genius.

I haven't played that many FF games . . . and I really should, because I love the ones that I have played. The stories are incredible and the graphics are always amazing, even if I don't always enjoy the gameplay. *coughFFXIIIcough*

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I am home. It's called: "The Internet."
d: please be careful not to make unnecessary posts

Oh, that's why E3 confused me. I must have still thought that they hadn't come out with their next online game, considering I forgot FF XIV existed. >.>; I'm a genius.

I haven't played that many FF games . . . and I really should, because I love the ones that I have played. The stories are incredible and the graphics are always amazing, even if I don't always enjoy the gameplay. *coughFFXIIIcough*
silly billy. FFXV is just versus XIII. but yeah, i'd definitely suggest playing some, especially the tactics series. it's a load of fun and the storylines are great and really inspire you to create great ideas for roleplays. ivalice is a big place.

Nakuzami

Years
silly billy. FFXV is just versus XIII. but yeah, i'd definitely suggest playing some, especially the tactics series. it's a load of fun and the storylines are great and really inspire you to create great ideas for roleplays. ivalice is a big place.

THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS. Which is why I thought it was supposed to be an MMO . . . stahp confusing me, me no liek eet

I have one of the tactics games for PSP, but a) I never got that into it, and b) my PSP charger went MIA, like, half a year ago.

I need moar munniez for moar gaymez, and I also need moar tiem to play said gaymez ;o;

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
d: please be careful not to make unnecessary posts

I sorry. (looks down sadly)

Onto something relevant to RPs, I have no idea why, but I was thinking of making a cartoon!Young Justice RP if anyone would be interested in something like that. Which I suspect would be all of no one.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
I can't believe I haven't been the only one who has mistakenly read Skymin's username as Skyrim :O
Elder Scrolls... only if it's in Skyrim... if only for a single quest. Gotta love Skyrim.

Final Fantasy. Dunno, I have been away from the series ever since the universe was made by Supervegeta, so, I wouldn't be able to suggest anything or actually grant if I'd join it, sowwies.

Now, Young Justice? What would the plot be like. Superpowers, will the protagonists and antagonist be included? Setting? It kinda intrigues me, but I'd need to know what you has in mind, Michaela :D So, call me none since I am interested o3o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back