• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alternatively, instead of setting it in Tamriel, you could make your own original high fantasy setting. it just takes time. a lot of time. d;
    Like "Litany"? I didn't join that but I would have liked to seen it take off! Cirrus put a lot of time and effort into it.

asdfghjkl; We don't have time for such time!
    And it wouldn't really be TES if we set it somewhere else. Technically speaking, a lot of the areas of many of the provinces could be considered "original" if we RPed in them, considering they haven't really been explained other than brief, general geography.

Okay, so how about we do it with two provinces? One of these combinations, perhaps?
    Valenwood/Elsweyr yes. :>

If another Elder Scrolls RP is set up, I'd suggest having the characters go through a proper plot and storyline guided by the GM, kind of like Aerion does it. As opposed to letting them roam the land and make up their own plots, because that might cause people to lose interest fast, unless there are a ton of things to do like missions to take and factions to join and such. The latter might require dedicated GM or even several GMs though.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Like "Litany"? I didn't join that but I would have liked to seen it take off! Cirrus put a lot of time and effort into it.

Valenwood/Elsweyr yes. :>

If another Elder Scrolls RP is set up, I'd suggest having the characters go through a proper plot and storyline guided by the GM, kind of like Aerion does it. As opposed to letting them roam the land and make up their own plots, because that might cause people to lose interest fast, unless there are a ton of things to do like missions to take and factions to join and such. The latter might require dedicated GM or even several GMs though.

I'd originally hoped for something sandbox, but I guess that's a little too wishful, even though that's what TES is really all about. xD

I think for a plot . . . start it out in Tamriel and have all of the factions (Thieves' Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild) and let the roleplayers toy around with it for a little while (yes, I'll come up with quests for the roleplayers to do) and then, later, they can all head on over to Akavir and fight a war! xD

But, yeah, co-GMs for help with setting and quests is probably a must.

Since I'd only be GMing and not participating as an active member (even though I waaaaaant to now), It probably wouldn't be an issue to GM from my phone, so I could do that even if I didn't have computer access, as I often don't over the summer.

So, for setting, 3E 288 in Valenwood/Elsweyr? That sound plausible?

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I'm just finished my exams and I'm off for summer. I've submitted a journey roleplay based on the second generation games.

Would anyone be interested in joining? If it were to be accepted that is, haha.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • I'm just finished my exams and I'm off for summer. I've submitted a journey roleplay based on the second generation games.

2nd Gen?

Yes.

Oh yes.

Oh *heeell* yes. But might I ask any details in what the plot regard to? o3o
    Or the starters? Pretty much everything that can ensure my someone's joining?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • So yeah for anyone interested in the Naruto RP, I'll think I'll make it the same format as PTA such as young ninjas in an academy located a little far away.
    Of course the Akatsuki will be also recruiting young ninjas. You'll be able to choose your side in it. If you need infos on what Naruto is, go there.

Years
  • That sounds plausible, and you can get away with that structure simply by setting it in on a different continent to the series.

Sounds intriguing.

jov0006

Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!
    Years
  • 2nd Gen?

Yes.

Oh yes.

Oh *heeell* yes. But might I ask any details in what the plot regard to? o3o
    Or the starters? Pretty much everything that can ensure my someone's joining?

2ND GEN! YESH! I love second gen so much! If Cyndaquil is in it... :D :D :D :D :D

But yes, as EliteBeats said, plot would be nice.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm just finished my exams and I'm off for summer. I've submitted a journey roleplay based on the second generation games.

Always interested in Johto journey games ;) Not sure I'd have time but I doubt you'd have trouble filling the spots if you have made the RP anywhere near decent.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Nice to see there'd be some interest, I've submitted both the IC and OOC, just awaiting approval now, fingers crossed.

Basically it will be 95% based on the games, but I'm considering extra Rocket events to make the roleplay a little more interesting and less predictable. I also feel like adding in Pokémon from 3rd-5th gen as well if that's what people want but I'd understand if they wouldn't. I don't want to add any spoilers about the Rocket's but I have a certain way I want it to go.

Years
  • @JNathan - Now that I have thought on it I actually don't like the academy style that you have suggested. I'm sure others will but it just doesn't really seem to gel with that series in a way that will create an interesting story. Sorry to drop that on you, but that's just my personal opinion.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Whoooo!! Now that i'm back home time to work on that Fate/Zero RP.

Anyways should this RP be a 7 mage free for all battle or a 7 v 7 team battle that turns into a free for all? And for setting do y'all think it should be in just Manhattan or include both Manhattan and Brooklyn? :D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Whoooo!! Now that i'm back home time to work on that Fate/Zero RP.

Anyways should this RP be a 7 mage free for all battle or a 7 v 7 team battle that turns into a free for all? And for setting do y'all think it should be in just Manhattan or include both Manhattan and Brooklyn? :D

7v7 or 7vNPC, some element of team work - it's pretty boring to RP without relationships forming other than ZOMGDIE.

Probably just Manhattan? As someone who has no idea about parts of NY I'd just get confused as to where we were anyway XD

So yeah for anyone interested in the Naruto RP, I'll think I'll make it the same format as PTA such as young ninjas in an academy located a little far away.
    Of course the Akatsuki will be also recruiting young ninjas. You'll be able to choose your side in it. If you need infos on what Naruto is, go there.

IMO a ninja academy is really limiting, since those in the academies are effectively weak children.

Should be a Jounin squad or something with more flexibility about abilities, power and jutsu.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Ok. I'm ok with what you guys suggested for the Naruto RP but I don't think I'll let them be Jonin so fast. They could be freshly promoted Chuunin. Thoughts anyone?

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • 7v7 or 7vNPC, some element of team work - it's pretty boring to RP without relationships forming other than ZOMGDIE.

Probably just Manhattan? As someone who has no idea about parts of NY I'd just get confused as to where we were anyway XD

IMO a ninja academy is really limiting, since those in the academies are effectively weak children.

Should be a Jounin squad or something with more flexibility about abilities, power and jutsu.

Gah, now that you say that, I can't help but think about a special task force of ten Jounin created for a reason to battle against someone.

I would be very interested in a second Gen RP. :)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Maybe it's just me, but I say go Genin. If the RP were relatively long, it could make for some interesting developments and events, such as the exams and the gradual growth of strength in the members as they grow from Genin to Jounin. I like the idea of starting small and gradually working towards a larger future, much in the way the series does (and possibly better), but that's just me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back