The PokéCommunity Forums Off-Topic Discussions Off-Topic
Finally Hunted down that Orange

Off-Topic Hang out with people and talk about whatever. Feel free to suggest a better description for this forum as everyone seems to have an opinion. :D

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (12:30 AM).
bobandbill's Avatar
bobandbill bobandbill is offline
Lances beat swords
  • Administrator
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Discord Moderoid
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Central Coast - Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 12,863
Astinus, one of the true veteran mods of PC, has received a coat of orange paint and become a super mod! Unfortunately it does not match blue Nidoking at all, but maybe he can make it work out.





...Maybe.

Congratulations! =D
__________________

Fire Emblem Staff Collab: Lance Lord Ephraim

Dairy | Drabble Dex | A Change of the Season
The Retelling of Pokémon Colosseum
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #2    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (12:52 AM).
Athelstan's Avatar
Athelstan Athelstan is offline
Odin
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 3,321
Congratulations, Astinus!

We don't know each other well, but I do know that you've been with the staff for a long time now and that you've been doing a great job. Enjoy being h-staff, man~
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (1:03 AM).
Tsutarja's Avatar
Tsutarja Tsutarja is offline
  • Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
  • PokéCommunity Daily
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 19,246
Wow, congratulations Astinus! I'm sure after all those years of moderator blue, you were the perfect choice to become the next super moderator!

Spoiler:
__________________
Moderator of S&T!Mod PartnerMy Website
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (1:23 AM).
curiousnathan's Avatar
curiousnathan curiousnathan is offline
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 7,828
I'm so glad to see you get promoted; I can't think of anyone more deserving of the position. Congratulations, friend! :D
__________________
Former moderator of First Generation, Second Generation and Fourth Generation
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (2:38 AM).
Hikamaru's Avatar
Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
Sacred Hearts Club
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Australia
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 45,224
Yo Asty congrats on the orange powerup!

I've been so used to you in blue I didn't want it to change, but when Cat Dog stepped down I was speculating potential replacements and I immediately thought it was going to be you. While an orange username and a shiny blue Nidoking don't exactly match, I know you'll have loads of fun moderating everywhere on the forums and that secret hideout known as Headquarters.

I'm sorry I missed this, but we're all proud of you. Now your first job is to find a new mod for FF&W!

~ Hikari
__________________
pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | supporter
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (3:11 AM).
Synerjee's Avatar
Synerjee Synerjee is offline
Atra du evarinya ono varda.
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Everywhere and anywhere.
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 2,919
Congrats on the big orange promotion, Astinus! You really deserved it, and even though I don't know you personally, I'm sure you'll make an awesome new Super Mod. Do your very best in your new position and make us all proud! :D
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (4:54 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru's Avatar
Patchisou Yutohru Patchisou Yutohru is offline
  • Developer
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 17,240
Finally. It only took 60 years.

Glad to see you in orange. You've deserved it for so long and I'm so happy your time has come.
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (5:12 AM).
Palkia's Avatar
Palkia Palkia is offline
the thread killer™
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,311
Another promotion! While I don't really know you personally, I always liked your Shiny Nidoking theme (my favourite shiny out there in fact!)
Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (5:17 AM).
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is offline
impossible girl
  • Super Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Nature: Naive
Posts: 26,531
I say so many congratulations to you for this, Astinus. From what I have seen and heard is so very well deserved. Persistence prevails!
__________________

adventure seeker ☆ ★ ★ super moderator
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (5:51 AM).
Sheep's Avatar
Sheep Sheep is offline
  • Administrator
  • Silver Tier
  • Social Media
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Posts: 21,028
Better late than never! Congrats Asti, I'm very happy for you!! :D ♥
__________________
. pair family twin mal art lv .
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (7:14 AM).
derozio's Avatar
derozio derozio is offline
s c a r l e t
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Akihabara
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Posts: 5,503
Title is a reference to one of asty's nicknames, right? Hunter was finally hunted down.

So happy for you, asty. Sorry I never got around to fulfilling my promise to you. But I remember it. Will definitely do it next year when I do not have so much stuff to study. Anyway, congratulations! I have seen how dedicated you are to pc during the time I served as staff and I'll just say that you absolutely deserve it. No question. Keep rocking, kay? Best wishes.
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (7:34 AM).
Choice Specs's Avatar
Choice Specs Choice Specs is offline
  • Super Moderator
  • Battle Server Staff
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Weather Institute in Hoenn
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 19,352
I saw this coming from 100 miles away! Congrats you totally deserve this and will do a fantastic job! =D
__________________

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (8:13 AM).
Meganium's Avatar
Meganium Meganium is offline
  • PokéCommunity Daily
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Galveston, TX
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Brave
Posts: 16,823
Same here! You deserved this more and I couldn't be even more proud. <3 Go on and shine bright with your new orange coat of paint (and you should get your Nidoking spray painted haha), and best of luck with your smodness! <3
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (8:36 AM).
Esper's Avatar
Esper Esper is offline
  • Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Posts: 10,350


Don't really know you, but from what I can see you always took great care of your section. Congrats!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (10:29 AM).
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian Sydian is offline
≫ the emperor ≪
  • Super Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 24
Nature: Timid
Posts: 31,997
MOMMA!! I'm so proud of you. You've been the oldest moderator here for, well, a long time. You were the first moderator I really talked to and made friends with. And you adopted me as your "is this a boy or a girl?" child. If anyone deserved this position, it's you. I know you'll do great, momma! :) I really think this should have happened ages ago, but better late than never, right?

Fun fact: As you've moved on to smod-hood, you've passed your "Oldest Moderator" crown down to me. Did you ever think this would happen? lol

Edit: Uhhhhh don't spray paint your Nidoking tbh because you without a blue Nidoking just doesn't seem right lol :(
__________________
≫ this is my other self!
persona | gun
Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (10:30 AM).
Cherrim's Avatar
Cherrim Cherrim is offline
the blossom pokémon
  • Developer
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Waterloo, ON
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 30,828
Waaah, congratulations!!!

:) I saw Syd mention this on twitter and had to come see if it was true. I've always really admired your mod work and I know you'll do just a phenomenal job as an s-mod. You've definitely earned it.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (12:19 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2013 by adventure.
adventure's Avatar
adventure adventure is offline
impossible girl
  • Super Moderator
  • Platinum Tier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skaia
Nature: Naive
Posts: 26,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post


Don't really know you, but from what I can see you always took great care of your section. Congrats!
Oh wow. HE MUST USE THIS.

audy edit: IT'S NOT SPAM IT'S FINE LIGHTEN UP HAVE FUN PARTY
etc.
8)


rika edit: xD
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (1:28 PM).
Honest's Avatar
Honest Honest is offline
شكرا
  • Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York City
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 11,702
Considering that you've been a mod for as long as I've been a memeber (about), I'd say that you damn well deserve this. =]

Congratulations on the promotion, Asty! You'll be amazing, I just know it. And make sure you keep the other smods on a leash, cause you know how cray cray they can get. And of course, try not to turn cray cray yourself. D;

/shot

Seriously, though, congratulations! <3
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (3:03 PM).
Apple Juice's Avatar
Apple Juice Apple Juice is offline
who are you
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,221
As soon as I have to stay at a place without wifi, this happens!

I don't know you that well, but I could quickly gather that you've held the moderator position for a much longer time than the others, and there must be a good reason! So congratulations, I'm sure you'll do amazing. :]
__________________

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (5:01 PM).
Treecko's Avatar
Treecko Treecko is offline
im back
  • Gold Tier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Posts: 5,769
I had a feeling it would happen at some point, you've been a mod for such a long time it made since you'd became an smod. Congrats on being promoted Astinus!!
__________________
im back
Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old August 23rd, 2013 (5:42 PM).
Avey's Avatar
Avey Avey is offline
The Mad Hatter
     
    Join Date: Dec 2007
    Posts: 4,424
    Hahaha wow. Back in the day I would have thought you'd never want to be anything but moderator of PF&F. Congratulations anyway... old friend.
    __________________
    'It's been a prevalent notion. Fallen sparks. Fragments of vessels broken at the Creation. And someday, somehow, before the end, a gathering back to home. A messenger from the Kingdom, arriving at the last moment. But I tell you there is no such message, no such home -- only the millions of last moments . . . nothing more. Our history is an aggregate of last moments.'
    Reply With Quote
      #22    
    Old August 23rd, 2013 (8:48 PM).
    Astinus's Avatar
    Astinus Astinus is offline
    Remember NovEnder
       
      Join Date: May 2006
      Location: Connecticut, USA
      Age: 30
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 9,923
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
      Astinus, one of the true veteran mods of PC, has received a coat of orange paint and become a super mod! Unfortunately it does not match blue Nidoking at all, but maybe he can make it work out.





      ...Maybe.

      Congratulations! =D
      Thanks, buddy! I'll have to find a rotten mango at my store and take a picture of it to share with you. Given the track record of my store, it's very likely that will happen.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
      Congratulations, Astinus!

      We don't know each other well, but I do know that you've been with the staff for a long time now and that you've been doing a great job. Enjoy being h-staff, man~
      Aw, thanks, Pave! I'm sure I'll enjoy my time as h-staff.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
      Wow, congratulations Astinus! I'm sure after all those years of moderator blue, you were the perfect choice to become the next super moderator! :)

      Spoiler:
      That picture! I saved it to keep forever and ever.

      I'll miss the blue (one of my favorite colors) but orange goes so well with Nimh.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
      I'm so glad to see you get promoted; I can't think of anyone more deserving of the position. Congratulations, friend! :D
      Thanks, Nathan!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
      Yo Asty congrats on the orange powerup!

      I've been so used to you in blue I didn't want it to change, but when Cat Dog stepped down I was speculating potential replacements and I immediately thought it was going to be you. While an orange username and a shiny blue Nidoking don't exactly match, I know you'll have loads of fun moderating everywhere on the forums and that secret hideout known as Headquarters.

      I'm sorry I missed this, but we're all proud of you. Now your first job is to find a new mod for FF&W!

      ~ Hikari
      Haha at all the people saying orange and blue don't go together! I have a Furby with that color combination, and she's pretty.

      We'll have to see about that last bit, now won't we?

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
      Congrats on the big orange promotion, Astinus! You really deserved it, and even though I don't know you personally, I'm sure you'll make an awesome new Super Mod. Do your very best in your new position and make us all proud! :D
      Thanks, synerjee! I'll do my best with all my new responsibilities.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
      Finally. It only took 60 years.

      Glad to see you in orange. You've deserved it for so long and I'm so happy your time has come. :)
      Nearly six long years.

      Thanks, Nick. <3 That means a lot coming from you.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Para-Dox View Post
      Another promotion! While I don't really know you personally, I always liked your Shiny Nidoking theme (my favourite shiny out there in fact!)
      We need to talk more, fellow shiny Nidoking fan!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers View Post
      I say so many congratulations to you for this, Astinus. From what I have seen and heard is so very well deserved. Persistence prevails!
      Thanks, Rika! And as I told Scarf, I'll switch over to the gold Nidoking if I ever feel like changing my avatar.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
      Better late than never! Congrats Asti, I'm very happy for you!! :D ♥
      Thanks, Cirno! <3

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Derozio View Post
      Title is a reference to one of asty's nicknames, right? Hunter was finally hunted down.

      So happy for you, asty. Sorry I never got around to fulfilling my promise to you. But I remember it. Will definitely do it next year when I do not have so much stuff to study. Anyway, congratulations! I have seen how dedicated you are to pc during the time I served as staff and I'll just say that you absolutely deserve it. No question. Keep rocking, kay? Best wishes.
      Dero, just the fact that you signed on to congratulate me means a lot. I miss you. <3

      I know you'll do your best to keep your promise when you come back to us. But in the meanwhile, you keep rockin'.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
      I saw this coming from 100 miles away! Congrats you totally deserve this and will do a fantastic job! =D
      Thanks, jelli! I'm sure I'll do all right some day soon!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
      Same here! You deserved this more and I couldn't be even more proud. <3 Go on and shine bright with your new orange coat of paint (and you should get your Nidoking spray painted haha), and best of luck with your smodness! <3
      Thanks, Megan! Scarf handled the spray paint job and did amazing!

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Scarf View Post


      Don't really know you, but from what I can see you always took great care of your section. Congrats!
      Scarf, I can't thank you enough for that. It's perfect, and Nimh likes having a gold twin.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
      MOMMA!! I'm so proud of you. You've been the oldest moderator here for, well, a long time. You were the first moderator I really talked to and made friends with. And you adopted me as your "is this a boy or a girl?" child. If anyone deserved this position, it's you. I know you'll do great, momma! :) I really think this should have happened ages ago, but better late than never, right?

      Fun fact: As you've moved on to smod-hood, you've passed your "Oldest Moderator" crown down to me. Did you ever think this would happen? lol

      Edit: Uhhhhh don't spray paint your Nidoking tbh because you without a blue Nidoking just doesn't seem right lol :(
      It seems fitting that I adopted you as a "boy or girl?" child. Like parent, like kid apparently!

      I always thought that you and me would be sitting in rocking chairs, closing threads by pushing them with canes, and complaining about the good ol' days of everything while we're on vBulletin version 27.

      As I said on Twitter, Nimh's not going anywhere, so I'll always have a blue Nidoking with me.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
      Waaah, congratulations!!!

      :) I saw Syd mention this on twitter and had to come see if it was true. I've always really admired your mod work and I know you'll do just a phenomenal job as an s-mod. You've definitely earned it.
      Erica! That means a lot hearing that! Thanks for the kind words.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
      Considering that you've been a mod for as long as I've been a memeber (about), I'd say that you damn well deserve this. =]

      Congratulations on the promotion, Asty! You'll be amazing, I just know it. And make sure you keep the other smods on a leash, cause you know how cray cray they can get. And of course, try not to turn cray cray yourself. D;

      /shot

      Seriously, though, congratulations! <3
      The lack of sleep is really starting to make me crazy. Though I've heard that if you think you're crazy, you're actually not. So...

      Thanks, Dipu.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post
      As soon as I have to stay at a place without wifi, this happens!

      I don't know you that well, but I could quickly gather that you've held the moderator position for a much longer time than the others, and there must be a good reason! So congratulations, I'm sure you'll do amazing. :]
      Thanks, Apple Juice! (And now I'm thirsty.)

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
      I had a feeling it would happen at some point, you've been a mod for such a long time it made since you'd became an smod. Congrats on being promoted Astinus!!
      Thanks! I kind of wish that my workplace was more like PC! I've been at both for years but have only gotten promotions here. :(

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Rekky View Post
      Hahaha wow. Back in the day I would have thought you'd never want to be anything but moderator of PF&F. Congratulations anyway... old friend.
      Rekky, what a familiar face. It's great to see you, and I hope everything is well for you. My thoughts were along your line years ago, but I guess something has changed. Thanks for stopping by.
      __________________

      Now nobody, nobody, nobody, nobody speaks my name
      I'm just another blister in the mouth of shame
      A bug in Ender's Game

      Reply With Quote
        #23    
      Old August 24th, 2013 (5:33 AM).
      seeker's Avatar
      seeker seeker is offline
      Electric
      • Platinum Tier
       
      Join Date: Apr 2009
      Location: Ireland
      Posts: 10,816
      I literally spent the last day thinking it was a great idea to recolour a Nidoking sprite for you, did it , then realized Scarf beat me to it.

      Oh well. Enjoy your slightly less gold Nidoking! What matters is that you're in a position now which gives you a lot more leeway to show everyone how dedicated you are, and how much you can do for the forum. I'm looking forward to working with you on h-staff, Hunter. I'm sure you'll help us bring (even more) great things to PC!
      __________________
      she's the greatest adventure I'll ever know
      Reply With Quote
        #24    
      Old August 24th, 2013 (6:33 AM).
      Mezzo's Avatar
      Mezzo Mezzo is offline
      Happy party train to go!
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Feb 2009
      Location: Milaturia.
      Age: 20
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Lonely
      Posts: 3,464
      Orange is the new Black. Congrats, literature king. <3 I really hope you do good as an Smod. Keep posting in the lit corner, though. T_T
      __________________
      Tumblr Twitter my pair Satoshi is gay Love love, me do, I'll always love you. Current theme.
      Reply With Quote
        #25    
      Old August 24th, 2013 (9:48 PM).
      Elaitenstile's Avatar
      Elaitenstile Elaitenstile is offline
      I am legend
         
        Join Date: Feb 2013
        Posts: 1,909
        Congratz.

        Hope you find an orange Nidoking soon.
        __________________
        ~
        Reply With Quote
        Reply
        Quick Reply

        Sponsored Links
        Thread Tools

        Posting Rules
        You may not post new threads
        You may not post replies
        You may not post attachments
        You may not edit your posts

        BB code is On
        Smilies are On
        [IMG] code is On
        HTML code is Off

        Forum Jump


        All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:43 PM.