• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PlayStation Memories

Years
I loved how the PS2 was backwards compatible with old PS1 games, it made me want to relive all my memories of when I was a very young lassie myself.

My fave games on the PS1 were the good old Crash Bandicoot and Spyro trilogies. The soundtracks to those games are among my fave video game music of all time and it makes me want to hear it all again when I browse through YouTube or something.

While Crash and Spyro made up my PS1 faves, I also loved playing the old Tekken games as well, specifically 2 and 3. Those games were pretty much my childhood.

Years
Yeah but it was a pain in the tookus to find a PSOne Memory Card to buy if you didn't already have one.

It wasn't a problem for me because I had old PS1 memory cards stored away.

I remember playing Crash Bandicoot for the first time, I was an extreme noob back in the day because I always get stuck somewhere. Still, it's the music that keeps me entertained lol.

TY

Yeah but it was a pain in the tookus to find a PSOne Memory Card to buy if you didn't already have one.

I had that problem... I lost mine and i couldnt save all my progress xD

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
I remember I got Final Fantasy 7 on eBay and was so excited, then I found out I couldn't play it on the PS2 Slim, so I had to go to GameStop and buy a bulky PS2 (which was fine, I prefer that model anyway), but then, I order a PSOne Memory Card, then I couldn't format it or whatever? So I had to actually buy another original Memory Card.

That was the most tasking set of things I had to do to play FF7. But in the end it was worth it. I think my Gold Chocobo speaks for that.

TY

Haha, i always had to restart the entire story of DUNE over and over cause i lost my memory card... so i just left it on all time... PS1 had the best sound when you turned it on <3

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Originally Posted by Astinus
Speaking of RPGs...Final Fantasy VII. That game. It's just...Final Fantasy VII. I was another fan who loved it and everything about it (until it kept going on and on and Gackt). Very fond memories of those blocky undefined characters who were just so real and interesting.

OMG, this! You hit the nail on the head! The characters were very real and interesting, indeed. ^^

This thread is giving me a strong feeling of nostalgia.

Anyway, the most common games I played were the original Worms, Crash Bandicoot (I don't remember the precise name), Spyro, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Rayman, and GTA.

I will get back to you when I can remember any others by name. xD They're all stacked away in a box somewhere...

Years
Spyro Ripto's Rage!! <3 It was my first console game and I use to play that game so much it got to scratched up and broke XP Its still my all time favourite game >w< I also played Crash bandicoot (i wasn't very good at it XD), Crash Team Racing (always played as ether Polar or Pura), Croc, some barbie game that involved horses, digimon world :) I'm sure there are more games i played but i cant remember them all :p

TY

I found my box with all my PS1 games, i am now a happy man~

Years
Oh yeah... The Sony Diamond and the PlayStation logo... That bring back memories...

Yeah, that's something I can agree with. I wish they would have kept the Sony logo for the next Playstation releases...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I remember renting the console from a video store back in 98' a couple of times. But I can hardly remember what game I played.

Sadly, I bought the PS1 at the end of it's lifespan. I remember happening to come across a review of FFIX in EGM magazine and for some reason I was drawn to the game. At the time, I never really cared much for RPGs, but I managed to force my mom (lol) to buy the console + game. But it wasn't too long before I got a PS2 and the console was put away for good. Over the years though, I've collected a lot of PS1 RPGs and still play them. (Grandia, Chrono Cross, and the Lunar games being some of my favorites) Kinda regret spending a lot of my gaming solely on the N64 as a kid.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
Years
Hahaha well one time i kept the PS2 on before i went to bed to not lose progress

I did the exact same thing with mine!
I couldn't afford a new memory card at the time, so I left my NFS:U game on overnight as a means to keep my progress...I was really far in the game, and the sad thing is leaving my PS2 on made it break a few days later :(

Back