• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overrated Characters

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    I do agree that every character mentioned so far (except Deadpool) is overrated. Hell, I've never played, or even seen gameplay of most of those games yet I know who most of them are. I also find all of the characters from gen 1 of pokémon to be overrated.

As for why I don't think Deadpool isn't overrated (in fact I think he's somewhat underrated), is because his qualities that other people find annoying about him are amusing to me. I don't know what he's like in game, but he's definitely one of Marvel's best characters in the comics, you just need the right sense of humor to enjoy him.

Since Kratos was mentioned I'd like bring up how similar he looks to Drax the Destroyer from Guardians of the Galaxy. Am I the only one who noticed? Speaking of Guardians of the Galaxy, how is that they're getting a movie and Deadpool isn't?

Sorry for the rant. Also sorry if I went too off topic.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Speaking of Guardians of the Galaxy, how is that they're getting a movie and Deadpool isn't?

I feel like that's just because Deadpool has this certain kind of humor to him and translating that to the big screen and have that humor not run dry for 2 - 2 1/2 hours would be a pretty daring feat.

For my choice in an overrated character, I'd have to go with Jigglypuff in Super Smash Bros. I understand that he's from the original Nintendo 64 game, but I don't think that Nintendo should have kept adding him into the sequential games. Personally for me, I don't even think he's that great of a character to play as. I'd like to think that Nintendo finally picked up on that, as he hasn't been announced for the new Super Smash Bros. as of yet, and hopefully that stays like that.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

For my choice in an overrated character, I'd have to go with Jigglypuff in Super Smash Bros. I understand that he's from the original Nintendo 64 game, but I don't think that Nintendo should have kept adding him into the sequential games. Personally for me, I don't even think he's that great of a character to play as. I'd like to think that Nintendo finally picked up on that, as he hasn't been announced for the new Super Smash Bros. as of yet, and hopefully that stays like that.
    That's....not overrated. It's a tradition.

Jigglypuff is also one of the best characters in Melee and has that going for it. A fan favorite for a good reason. You want an overrated Smash character? Roy fills all the bills despite being such a crappy fighter.

I'll never understand why some people are even rooting for the EXCLUSION of a character, especially when their reasoning is nothing more than "I don't like them". Jesus christ, shut up.

Last edited:

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I've seen Link, Cloud, Mario, Sephiroth, Lightning, etc... almost all the ones I expected to see mentioned here.
    But how has nobody mentioned Master Chief yet? Am I the only one who thinks he's more than a little overrated? =p

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I came in here to say Lightning expecting to be the only one with that opinion and then tried to quote everyone else who had that opinion and there are just too many of you. (Good!) I remember back when XIII came out everyone on PC seemed to adore Lightning and it made me so uncomfortable because I found her so unlikeable and everyone started to assume I'd picked my username because of her. (I'd had the username Lightning at that point for something like 8 years on the internet.)

But yeah, I've just never been a fan of her. I still haven't played LR and I'm hoping that will redeem her character for me somewhat because I'm still so disappointed in what happened with her. But I guess it is kind of nice to have a female main character nowadays who isn't totally hated by the masses... I just wish I liked her too. :(

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I'm going to have to join in and say Lightening on this one aswell. For me, she didn't have really any impact in the first 2 games and after about an hour of LR, I couldn't stand seeing any more of her or watching any cut scenes.

Back