• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Elite Four Member of all Time!

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Elite Four Members pose to be the final test to the player to see if the player really is truly, the best.
In this thread I would like to know what are your guys' favorite Elite Four Members? Champions aside, I'd have to say Aron from Sinnoh! He uses my favorite type: Bug type pokemon! If a Bug type gym ever happens, its normally early on in the game because people assume that the Bug type is horrid. No, its not by the way, and Aron sets out to prove that. As easy as he is to defeat, he uses some of my favorite pokemon, and its good to know that Game Freak still believes in the power of Bug Type pokemon.

Whats your guys' favorite? Ive heard a lot of Lance and Flint. How bout you guys?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My most favorite Elite Four member of all time? Lance, definitely. He's tough to go up against (at least, in my opinion), and also plays quite an important role in GSC. Most Elite Fours don't do that sort of stuff, but he still goes out of his way to get himself involved; he teams up with you to fight against Team Rocket and chase them off Johto, which is a pretty big task. Not only that, but he also becomes Champion later on throughout the series, making him even more important. Another of my favorites would be Drake; love how challenging he is. As for third, that's probably got to be Will.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Lance for me. He's an interesting character and the original dragon master. Lance is one of the e4 members that you can never forget.

Years
My favorite Elite Four member is Marshal from the Unova games. He was Alder's student, and you see him in the post-game of BW before you rematch Cheren in Victory Road. I liked the character he represents, being about power and winning. To add on to that, he usually proves himself a good challenge because his Fighting-type Pokémon are very strong and have few weaknesses you can target him with, and they can cover those weaknesses well. There are some people who said that he should've been Champion in the sequels instead of Iris, and to be honest, that wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. A Fighting-type Champion could've been very interesting.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My favorite Elite Four member is Marshal from the Unova games. He was Alder's student, and you see him in the post-game of BW before you rematch Cheren in Victory Road. I liked the character he represents, being about power and winning. To add on to that, he usually proves himself a good challenge because his Fighting-type Pokémon are very strong and have few weaknesses you can target him with, and they can cover those weaknesses well. There are some people who said that he should've been Champion in the sequels instead of Iris, and to be honest, that wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. A Fighting-type Champion could've been very interesting.

Completely agreed. There's always Champions that revolve around types considered to be strong by most casual fans, but if they went with fighting for once, it would've made a pretty interesting story.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I absolutely loved Flint. His appearance and type of choice (maybe even Pokemon of choice if I was strictly talking Platinum) won me over instantly. He's also one of the few Elite Four members you meet while going through the actual story, so you know he isn't the same old recluse over at the Pokemon League. Like I mentioned earlier, his Platinum team was really strong, with monsters like Infernape and Magmortar...it was a pretty offensive team, that even had room for strategy, like his Sunny Day Rapidash.

Years
Grimsley. He's flippin' hot, gambles (Game Corner addict here), and has really cool rooms. I also found him somewhat challenging in BW and BW2, though admittedly I didn't find him to be the most challenging of the Unova E4. I also really like Siebold for similar reasons--he's good-looking, has a gorgeous room, and can be somewhat challenging. I sort of wish there were Pokemon League rematch battles (excluding the battles in the Chateau), because then he could've possibly had a Mega Blastoise and be somewhat more challenging.

Giving an honorable mention to Malva because I like that she's also a Team Flare member. It goes to show even a prominent member of an evil organization can be given the honor of being an Elite Four member.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I absolutely loved Flint. His appearance and type of choice (maybe even Pokemon of choice if I was strictly talking Platinum) won me over instantly. He's also one of the few Elite Four members you meet while going through the actual story, so you know he isn't the same old recluse over at the Pokemon League. Like I mentioned earlier, his Platinum team was really strong, with monsters like Infernape and Magmortar...it was a pretty offensive team, that even had room for strategy, like his Sunny Day Rapidash.

You know, personally, I think it'd be really nice if all Elite Four members--well, maybe not all, but most--would make appearance (at some point) in each game that they're in, just like Flint. This way, they wouldn't seem that unknown when facing off against them. They can't possibly be in Pokémon League all the time; they must get out every once in a while when they're not going up against any challengers, and when they do, it'd be really sweet if you could run into them and become acquaintances.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Karen and Caitlin are my two top favorites. It's a little hard for me to say which one is actually my favorite so I'll just put them both on the same level. I like their type choices, their Pokemon, (not all of Caitlin's but she had her moment in BW so what are you going to do) their designs, and their demeanor. Having Lady Caitlin get out of a bed to face you was perfect and how I'd want to face trainers lol. Karen on the other hand represented her type choice well I thought and I found her to be a breathe of fresh air on the Johto League.

Braxien

Banned
Years
My favourite member of any Elite 4 within the Pokémon franchise has to be Bertha, representing the Ground Type in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Unlike many other old women that I have encountered within the game and within reality, she does not sit down and drink a cup of tea whilst watching Countdown at 15:15. Instead, she gets out of her arm chair which is so old it could be accepted to a museum and destroys my team with her terrible hairstyle powerful Pokémon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
My favourite member of any Elite 4 within the Pokémon franchise has to be Bertha, representing the Ground Type in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. Unlike many other old women that I have encountered within the game and within reality, she does not sit down and drink a cup of tea whilst watching Countdown at 15:15. Instead, she gets out of her arm chair which is so old it could be accepted to a museum and destroys my team with her terrible hairstyle powerful Pokémon.

It sucks how they lack ground-type Elite Four members like her, to be honest. Now that I think about it, maybe she's the only one that specialize in this typing? I don't really recall facing any other ground Elite Four before.

Braxien

Banned
Years
It sucks how they lack ground-type Elite Four members like her, to be honest. Now that I think about it, maybe she's the only one that specialize in this typing? I don't really recall facing any other ground Elite Four before.

Who was the fifth Gym Leader in the original Unova games? He could somehow progress into future generations, having mastered Ground-types, causing him to become a member of the Elite 4 in [INSERT REGION HERE].

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Who was the fifth Gym Leader in the original Unova games? He could somehow progress into future generations, having mastered Ground-types, causing him to become a member of the Elite 4 in [INSERT REGION HERE].

That could work! Though, I can't really imagine any gym leaders applying to be Elite Four for some region other than their own, but… I might just be alone on that, haha.

Braxien

Banned
Years
That could work! Though, I can't really imagine any gym leaders applying to be Elite Four for some region other than their own, but… I might just be alone on that, haha.

I guess that's true. He might be loyal to Unova, or something. I don't think there is going to be a Unova remake, either, seeing as we've already had two games within the region.

ShiningHelioptile